Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W.I.T.C.H.

+4
Layla-San
denerop
Luu Sky Sapphire
Kino karutta-chan
8 posters

Go down

W.I.T.C.H. Empty W.I.T.C.H.

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon May 03, 2010 11:04 am

W.I.T.C.H. Hdh
Story at the beginnig:
Five teenage girls (Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin) are chosen to become the new Guardians of Candracar, a group of special magical warriors who keep peace in the universe and do the Oracle's bidding. They find that balancing this honorable position along with keeping up with their lives on Earth is a difficult task. At first, their mission was to just close the Twelve Portals between Metamoor and Heatherfield...
If you want to know something about the characters: characters : D
So, what do you think about it?? Who is your favourite character?? I only know the magazine and that's a good thing. I know the story from the start and started to read it with 12 or 13 (XD). There are different stories, who just gets worse and worse (my opinion : P), so you could say that the first is really the best. My favourite character is Hay Lin. Why?? Don't ask me~
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

W.I.T.C.H. Empty Re: W.I.T.C.H.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 04, 2010 1:02 am

Hay Lin is my favorite too. She had pretty awesome powers, plus she's Asian. [:)] Total cutie.

Anyway, the W.I.T.C.H. franchise. Personally, I didn't enjoy the animated show much. I feel it was kinda slow paced. It was plot heavy and darker than the likes of the Winx Club, so I appreciated that. The show came out around the same time Winx, Mew Mew Power (aka Tokyo Mew Mew) and even Magical Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi) did in the States. I've always considered that time when audiences would discover the next Sailor Moon in one of these titles. Which, in my opinion, turned out to be Mai HIME! Razz

The W.I.T.C.H. magazine sounds very intriguing. As long as it had a good story, I'm sold! ^_^

Um, let's see, how about some Hay Lin goodness?

W.I.T.C.H. Hay-lin-witch-36
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by denerop Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 am

Hmm, i vaguely remember WITCH.
It was on television here a long, long time ago.
It was really great, i think Will was my favourite. No idea why ^^
I remember having a Will figure, i think i still have it somewhere.
Also i remember reading some of the witch magazines when i was on vacation. I met a girl who had a lot of them, and i spend all day reading with her.
After that i never read any magazine again, and it dissapeared from the television. Gee, i'm really mad at this country for not selling any Manga, and the only programs they have are programs like Pokemon, totally spies and winx. But i loved that too when i was smaller ^^
(i still like pokemon and avatar tough..)
denerop
denerop
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 704
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/darklinege

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 am

OMG! I totally LOVED W.I.T.C.H
You'll laugh that Cornillia is my favorite, but you have to remember I LOVE couples. I'm glad they didn't follow the comic/book and kept her and Caleb together. I couldn't get over their cuteness. <33

But what I did read of the book I really liked. It was very cute - I wish they continued and made a third season.

Now I have a craving to watch it. -scurries off to Youtube-
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 412
Armitage GUTS!!! : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:12 am

I had to bump this thread since I ran into some W.I.T.C.H. novels earlier at garage sales. They were 25 cents each, so I got them all. XD I heard they were better than the show...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu May 12, 2011 3:00 pm

you guys should meet my friend. He's a total W.I.T.C.H fanboy, burnt all the episodes onto two discs and we marathoned them all over the course of two episodes a weekend for a little over three months. The first season was kind of good but it picked up nicely in the second season with the villainess being a former Guardian. The highlight of the second season being that it was written by Greg Weisman who gave us Gargyoles, and after WITCH would later go on to give us Spectacular spiderman and nao he's giving us Young Justice
My friend has been regularly following the original Italian comics as well all the way up to the current storyarc which he says isn't so good but he's still oyal. Still its good to find other W.I.T.C.H fans on this board
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu May 12, 2011 4:06 pm

HEARTS! W.I.T.C.H. Is the shit! Will is my favorite! <3 I've read all the Graphic novels I could find in English here and I've watched the entire series! Wish they would've done more seasons. :(

I mean, Idk what to say really, this series just made me happy. I've heard of the magazine but I haven't got my hands on it.. Sad panda.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:HEARTS! W.I.T.C.H. Is the shit! Will is my favorite! <3 I've read all the Graphic novels I could find in English here and I've watched the entire series! Wish they would've done more seasons. :(

I mean, Idk what to say really, this series just made me happy. I've heard of the magazine but I haven't got my hands on it.. Sad panda.

once again, glad to meet another fan. I'll see what I can do about getting the online scanlations of the original comic for you Midnight, till then, hopefully this little gem from my own personal stash will hold you over http://sketcher25.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2s8y89

its one of my older works but I do plan on doing a much better pic of the whole group once I get a few other stubborn pics out of the way
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 12, 2011 9:02 pm

THE W.I.T.C.H. THREAD WAS BUMPED?!

*rubs eyes*

Am I dreaming?! Shiho Huit
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu May 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:THE W.I.T.C.H. THREAD WAS BUMPED?!

*rubs eyes*

Hey you have me and Midnight to thank for that, though prior to that you have my friend to thank for it because he got me into the series in a big way
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu May 12, 2011 10:17 pm

oh, and for EVERYONE here who wants to read the original Italian comic that inspired the show, here's the website thanks to that friend of mine: http://www.witch-o-holic.tk/
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu May 12, 2011 10:28 pm

hildebrant wrote:once again, glad to meet another fan. I'll see what I can do about getting the online scanlations of the original comic for you Midnight, till then, hopefully this little gem from my own personal stash will hold you over http://sketcher25.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2s8y89

its one of my older works but I do plan on doing a much better pic of the whole group once I get a few other stubborn pics out of the way

AHH~~~! Thank ye! Will <3 I always saw her and Taranee as a couple if they weren't all so obviously strait. xD Except Ellyon and Cornelia. Those two have chemistry xD I didn't think anyone else remebered/liked this show. :3

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:THE W.I.T.C.H. THREAD WAS BUMPED?!

*rubs eyes*

Nope! W.I.T.C.H. is awesome. I use the american theme as an alarm for work when I has a job. <3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Fri May 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I remember this show. It was amazing and I really loved it. My cousins and I used to watch this together, good ol' days. My favourite was Will :D

Btw, W.I.T.C.H is better watched in Japanese. The opening song sounds much cooler and the seiyuus are amazing. It's not like I'm saying the original voices are not good, it's a tie between English and Japanese Dubbed for me Wink
Juliet
Juliet
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 211
Armitage GUTS!!! : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by AndrewTS Sat May 28, 2011 8:10 pm

hildebrant wrote:you guys should meet my friend. He's a total W.I.T.C.H fanboy, burnt all the episodes onto two discs and we marathoned them all over the course of two episodes a weekend for a little over three months. The first season was kind of good but it picked up nicely in the second season with the villainess being a former Guardian. The highlight of the second season being that it was written by Greg Weisman who gave us Gargyoles, and after WITCH would later go on to give us Spectacular spiderman and nao he's giving us Young Justice
My friend has been regularly following the original Italian comics as well all the way up to the current storyarc which he says isn't so good but he's still oyal. Still its good to find other W.I.T.C.H fans on this board

Said friend is here. I pretty much signed up specifically to comment on this thread.

Anyway, yeah--I was introduced via the TV show, which I think is better in the second season, but the first is good in its own way. W.I.T.C.H. Season 1 is pretty much Buffy mashed up with Usagi (they actually threw in a background cameo of Usagi in the school a few times). Even the overarching plot is similar. The dialogue is quirky and hilarious (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/W.I.T.C.H._(TV_series) some quotes--although the voice acting and context really sell them), more so in season 1. Season 2 brings the action, though, filled with flying characters fighting and lots of Xanatos gambits all over the place (the Weisman influence). The downside is that Caleb isn't constantly being awesome in it like he is in Season 1 (where he runs across an enemy's whip and kicks them in the face, does a snowboarding dropkick, outwits and evades dozens of enemy soldiers, saves the day by LITERALLY USING THE POWER OF ROCK AND ROLL, etc).

There's also lots of subtle adult humor. some of which I'm surprised slipped in. Plus season 2 features character death, necromancy, a frame job where the main characters are suspected of killing a friend and burying her in her own basement, and other stuff I really don't want to spoil.

As for my favorite...I'd say it's a toss up between Will and Irma. Will as a character overall, Irma for being hilarious. Arguably Cornelia has some of the best lines in the show, though (especially her funny yet cruel lines to her sister, like "I'll shave your bear!" and

"If you do ANYTHING to disturb my sleep, I'll personally drop kick you into the wolf pit at the zoo!"
Cornelia's sister: "You're mean!"
"I'm not mean. WOLVES are mean. GO!"

Actually, pretty much all of A Service to the Community is gold, including Caleb's frustrated pleas of common sense that go entirely ignored, the girls kicking their own teacher's ass with magic, the subsequent cover up, etc.

However, skip the episode Framed. Or watch it once for Irma kicking ass and the randomness and never again. It's one of the worst episodes, which is ironic because it was actually one of the most faithful episodes.

EDIT: Here's a site that has most of season 1 in good quality. They used to have Season 2, but I can't seem to find it- http://hirvine.com/toon/?W.I.T.C.H.
AndrewTS
AndrewTS
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 2
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: