Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread

+30
Magus Phantalus
GoldenSun13
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
IlliterateKoi
MidnightPersona
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Veronica-Searrs
planetwarrior
Yuri-hime
depression76
SpiralDasher
Kyubey Mittens
Defiant
pokemoneg
Vampirestein
Loki Silvertongue
Kino karutta-chan
Amaya
GhibliFreek
TeaLover
she-ga-roo
Konaxookami
PrincessMai94
madarao
SpiderNeKoHiME
Midori Sugiura99
emochick
Luu Sky Sapphire
LilPrincessAshley
34 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Empty First Screens of "Heroes Fantasia" Emerge

Post by planetwarrior Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:50 pm

The title was revealed in this week's Weekly Famitsu, and there are even more screens over at Famitsu.com. Additional details about the turn-based combat include the fact that each character in the party corresponds to one of the PSP's face buttons (square, triangle, circle and x), and pressing one will cause that character to attack. Pressing the d-pad will cause characters to shift position, as formation plays a big part in fights.

Heroes Fantasia is currently 60% complete, and due for a Winter release in Japan

If you ever wanted a game along the lines of the Super Robot Wars series but with a ton of your favorite anime characters taking the place of famed mecha, you're in luck. Namco Bandai's Banpresto label has announced the Heroes Fantasia RPG for PSP.

The crossover title will feature characters from a variety of anime, including s.CRY.ed, Darker than Black Ryusei no Gemini, Darker than Black Kuro no Keiyakusha, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Sergeant Frog, R.O.D. Read or Die, Slayers Revolution, Rune Soldier, Mai Hime and Blood+.

Phew, that's a mighty heap of anime. The manner in which all of these characters come together is still unknown, but the basic structure of the story involves our world (centered on Japan) and the world of Adroas. Heroes from the aforementioned anime come into play when Adroas is faced with a great threat.

Combat will be turn-based, using parties of four, with control of each freely switched with the d-pad during battle. The developer behind Heroes Fantasia is Witch Craft, who also developed Square Enix's Gleipnora for the Mobage social gaming network and Maho Shojo Lyrical Nanoha A'S The Battle of Aces for PSP.

According to Famitsu, Heroes Fantasia is listed for a Winter release in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/08/03-1/first-screens-of-heroes-fantasia-emerge
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 89
Armitage GUTS!!! : 21

Back to top Go down

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm

planetwarrior's First Screens of "Heroes Fantasia" Emerge thread merged with Video Game Discussion thread.

Quite excited for this game. Lina Inverse and Mai Tokiha in the same game? Epic.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread

Post by planetwarrior Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:16 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:planetwarrior's First Screens of "Heroes Fantasia" Emerge thread merged with Video Game Discussion thread.

Quite excited for this game. Lina Inverse and Mai Tokiha in the same game? Epic.

Yes, it is.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 89
Armitage GUTS!!! : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:35 am

Yuppers. :) At this rate it's already more epic than Namco X Capcom, which I own.

If only Heroes Fantasia had KOS-MOS, Chun Li and mayhaps Nina Williams as cameos. Ah well...wishful/illogical thinking.

mai hime : KAGUTSUCHI!!!!!!!!! *FIRES GIANT BLAST*

+

w00000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:33 pm

What kind of games do you love?
Action-adventure, RPG, strategy…

What are your favorite series?
Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Megaman/Rockman X...

Got an absolute favorite game of ALL time?
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

What are you currently playing?
Resident Evil 4, I’m addicted to… Again.
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:03 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:Got an absolute favorite game of ALL time?
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Good choice. What makes Code Veronica so appealing to you?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:Got an absolute favorite game of ALL time?
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Good choice. What makes Code Veronica so appealing to you?

Well, at first, Claire Redfield is the character who I love most of all the Resident Evil series. She is just too sexy, strong and bold (not many people would do what she did in Raccoon City, at least I guess that many would go insane). Well, Resident Evil 2 was the second game of RE I played (the first was Gun Survivor) and I can say it was very attractive at first sight, and still does the same effect with me nowadays...

It seems, like, if it was the first time I saw it each day I play the game. Code Veronica, huh? My lovely Claire appears once again with her soft tummy… *Cough, cough*

Ah, okay… The story... Makes me very excited. The classic gameplay is the best! And the characters, I loved all in a way that I had never done in other games and they gave all the suspense, drama and terror to the game. Without mentioning the tragic death of Steve that touched me deeply. I think all the tension, fear, love and understanding made in this game a great mix. I'm really too addicted to RE games. Mai Tokiha
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:Well, at first, Claire Redfield is the character who I love most of all the Resident Evil series. She is just too sexy, strong and bold (not many people would do what she did in Raccoon City, at least I guess that many would go insane). Well, Resident Evil 2 was the second game of RE I played (the first was Gun Survivor) and I can say it was very attractive at first sight, and still does the same effect with me nowadays...

It seems, like, if it was the first time I saw it each day I play the game. Code Veronica, huh? My lovely Claire appears once again with her soft tummy… *Cough, cough*

Ah, okay… The story... Makes me very excited. The classic gameplay is the best! And the characters, I loved all in a way that I had never done in other games and they gave all the suspense, drama and terror to the game. Without mentioning the tragic death of Steve that touched me deeply. I think all the tension, fear, love and understanding made in this game a great mix. I'm really too addicted to RE games. Mai Tokiha

xD Let me start off by saying that I am on Team Jill. :) Jill Valentine is the ultimate example of beauty in the Resident Evil universe. Claire is indeed lovely herself and I spent many hours of my life playing both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Code Veronica on the Sega Dreamcast. When the upgraded (and slightly lower rez) Code Veronica X came out, it was cool seeing the new cutscenes for the story. Code Veronica had a good storyline and three dimensional characters that made up for Resident Evil 2's "We gotta get outta this city!" premise. Alexia Ashford...Capcom seriously wanted to kill me. Alexia is fucking HOT.

Steve...I did feel sorry for him. His demise wasn't just sad, it was fucked up. I felt bad that I made fun of his English voice and referred to him as a Leonardo DiCaprio clone. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: xD Let me start off by saying that I am on Team Jill. :) Jill Valentine is the ultimate example of beauty in the Resident Evil universe. Claire is indeed lovely herself and I spent many hours of my life playing both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Code Veronica on the Sega Dreamcast. When the upgraded (and slightly lower rez) Code Veronica X came out, it was cool seeing the new cutscenes for the story. Code Veronica had a good storyline and three dimensional characters that made up for Resident Evil 2's "We gotta get outta this city!" premise. Alexia Ashford...Capcom seriously wanted to kill me. Alexia is fucking HOT.

Steve...I did feel sorry for him. His demise wasn't just sad, it was fucked up. I felt bad that I made fun of his English voice and referred to him as a Leonardo DiCaprio clone. XD

LOL LOL LOL

Yep, Jill is hooooooooooooooooot, but I love the girl with ponytail. >:3
Well, I'm a person who cries easily... Or not. But Luu, gimme a break! xD
Steve is FUCKING HAWT... And emo. And, yeah, Leonardo DiCaprio killing zombies? Cool (Steve is very similar to DiCaprio, IN FACT!). xDDDDDDD
And I'm still a girl (now, I think I'm bi). BTW, Code Veronica, like I said before, just makes me excited (and insane, don't ask me why).

Isn't she sexy?
Spoiler:
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 am

xD Leon used to resemble Leo in Resident Evil 2, now he's just a total emo who protect Ashley. ;p Claire is such a pretty brunette~ I like her English voice actress a lot too.

Whether game...

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 500full

Fanart...

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 124951

Video game...

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Jill-valentine_480x480

Or Nina Williams cosplay...

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Jill_Battle_Suit_Kneal_by_Hairhelmet12

Jill Sandwich is MINE to snack on. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:39 pm

"Leon used to resemble Leo in Resident Evil 2, now he's just a total emo who protect Ashley."

I don't think Leon resembles DiCaprio in Resident Evil 2. But Steve, you just look at him and immediately get scared and think: "My God, this is... Leonardo DiCaprio in RE!". Even so (Leon is hot), I prefer the guy with tons of muscles (Chris in RE 5).

And, of course, Claire Redfield... With that sexy voice and her ponytail.

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Resident-Evil-Mercenaries-3d-Alternate-outfit-claire-redfield-22677411-900-1125
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:I prefer the guy with tons of muscles (Chris in RE 5).[/img]

I'm not into guys; but I can't argue with that statement. :) I'm in the minority that believes Chris is superior to Leon in every conceivable way. The reason Chris is so diesel in Resident Evil 5 is because he was training hard to get ready for Wesker. His encounter in Code Veronica was an embarrassment and though he needed Sheva's help; Chris finally put an end to that son of a bitch. >:3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

"I'm in the minority that believes Chris is superior to Leon in every conceivable way."

I completely agree with you.

But Luu, I don't think their meeting was an embarrassment. Was suddenly (I'm down, so my mind is confused... Maybe I'll edit this later)... ?
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:59 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:"I'm in the minority that believes Chris is superior to Leon in every conceivable way."

I completely agree with you.

But Luu, I don't think their meeting was an embarrassment. Was suddenly (I'm down, so my mind is confused... Maybe I'll edit this later)... ?

:) Sure it is and that's fine. Chris and Wesker is a rivalry that started ever since the first Resident Evil game. And no matter what he does, Chris always came up short...until him and Sheva finally took him down. You should of seen me that day; I was bouncing all over my room going "I FINALLY GOT YOU, MOTHER FUCKER!!!" I've been wanting to kill Wesker for nearly 10 years and I got him.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 pm

New Final Fantasy XIII-2 gaming news! =D

Fans of Fang and Vanille (and more specifically Fang/Lightning like me ;3) will be happy to know that there is hope that our heroines are still alive, and are not frozen for all time, as Lightning ends up going to where they are to find/join them =D

Details here~

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/final_fantasy_xiii-2/b/xbox360/archive/2011/11/17/the-quest-to-final-fantasy-xiii-2-39-s-valhalla-begins.aspx

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:New Final Fantasy XIII-2 gaming news! =D

Fans of Fang and Vanille (and more specifically Fang/Lightning like me ;3) will be happy to know that there is hope that our heroines are still alive, and are not frozen for all time, as Lightning ends up going to where they are to find/join them =D

Details here~

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/final_fantasy_xiii-2/b/xbox360/archive/2011/11/17/the-quest-to-final-fantasy-xiii-2-39-s-valhalla-begins.aspx

=D MAY THE FANFICTION START RAINING UPON US ALL!

---

Nothing to report since I've beaten the Gears of Wars Trilogy with Panda, other than I'll be reviewing the Soul Eater game once it arrives in my mailbox. What I do know so far is that I have to play Adventure Mode with Maka/Soul in order to unlock Medusa. <3_<3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

she-ga's update to the last post...

where-i-can-kill-things-with-a-sword-games
shooter
stratagy games

dragon age
left 4 dead
gothic

tetris!
it's just timless

borderlands
brink
left 4 dead

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Or Nina Williams cosplay...

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Jill_Battle_Suit_Kneal_by_Hairhelmet12

Jill Sandwich is MINE to snack on. :3

this is jill?! oO
and i wondered why she was blonde and dressed up in a catsuite in the end of the fourth RE-movie. so this is the answer why ^^

she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Gears of War 3

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 13230410

*sigh* What more can I possibly say about Gears of War 3 that hasn't already been said by countless Xbox nuts around the globe. So don't expect this to be a very long review, it's a game series that made first person shooters fun for me again. I have to thanks Yuri-hime for that, otherwise I would of never discovered it...or Lieutenant Anya Stroud. :3

Gears 3 follows the events of the second game after two years (?). The entire COG is now on it's last legs in this triple threat war between themselves, the Locusts and the Lambent. Marcus is the same ol' Marcus, Anya finally becomes a soldier, Baird is still Baird, Cole Train remains badass as ever and Dom is...well...hanging in there. The game opens with an attack by the Lambent which moves into an fast pace adventure. There are so many spoilers in the campaign mode alone, I cannot go over the entire game's storyline without ruining it for you.

All of the elements that make the Gears series great are back, graphics, gameplay (those controls couldn't be anymore comfortable) and tons of modes to keep you busy. The addition of BEAST mode puts you in control of your enemies as you destroy COG members! Very awesome!

Aside from great campaign mode, the most addictive feature is the returning "Horde" mode where you fight endless waves of enemies. Unlike in the previous time-out, this Horde Mode features command bases, turrets, barricades and Sentry Guns to give you a fighting chance. I love this as it feels more like strategic war. The best part is being able to upgrade each of these features so they can make your life easier, but you'll have to save your cash in order to afford them all. :)

The Gears of War series made FPS genre likable for me again, in an era where everything in just copy and paste. I'm convinced it's a much better gaming experience than Halo. Blame the one thing Halo lacked in: Characters you really cared about. I mean Master Chief was invincible, Cortana, although important, didn't do much and the Arbiter needed to shop for a personality. Marcus and his crew couldn't be anymore different, even though a lot of people see them as uneducated grunts from a distance. I love how Marcus' toughness is contrasted by Anya willingness to be supportive. It's moments like that that make me forget this is a game.

Rating: HiME HiME HiME HiME / HiME HiME HiME HiME HiME

4.5 = Full Price

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Jurassic Park: The Game

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Jurass10

Remember when Steven Spielberg took you to an island full of genetic engineered monsters back in 1993? The movie that made showcased CGI at it's best (can't say the same for movies of the past 11 years) and made you believe these dinosaurs were real? We are back to that place thanks to Jurassic Park: The Game, a game by Telltale Games (famous for those point-and-click PC games)

The game reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis in it's set up. It's a midquel and a sequel to the first Jurassic Park movie. The beginning takes place during the film and most of the later chapters take place after Dr. Grant, Malcolm and the others left the island in the film. Leaving our newer characters to explore the rest of Isla Nublar and all it's wonder. Something I've always dream of when I was a kid and now I see she's the most beautiful thing I've ever saw. *wink*

Most gamers were naturally hyped about the game until they discovered there is no actual gameplay per se. JP: The Game plays like an interactive movie where the characters go through the entire story, but your button commands decide whether they live or die. That's right, like Heavy Rain or even Dragon's Lair, Jurassic Park uses quick timing with buttons to advance throughout the game. You also toggle your camera and characters to do a little puzzle solving and activate dialogue. There are even moments in the game where, depending on the decision you make, you will get different results. Sort of like paths.

In the beginning of the game, you start off as Nima Cruz. A beautiful Costa Rican woman who was hired to steal dinosaur embryos off the island so she can collect. If there's anything more dangerous than her skills as a mercenary, it's her accent. X3 As a Hispanic myself, it's wonderful to have a Hispanic woman as the main character. At first I felt Nima felt out of place in a Jurassic Park storyline, but as the game's plot moves forward, my attachment to her becomes much stronger. She begins by looking for Dennis Nedry, who you may remember, was the fat guy who stole the dinosaur embryos from the Visitor's Center and eventually gets killed by the Dilophosaurus in the movie. Since he's late, Nima and some other dude arrive to look for him and while they were able to recover the shaving cream can with the dino embryos inside, shit hits the fan when the dinosaurs ruin their getaway plans.

Nima's injury from the mysterious new nocturnal dinosaurs causes her to run into Gerry Harding and his daughter Jess Harding. Both are the cliche busy father and rebel daughter types that get caught up in the Park's chaos along with Nima. The three eventually form a bond that makes it feel like they're a family trying to make it out alive together. In that aspect, the creators of this game really made it feel like the first Jurassic Park film where Grant didn't appreciate kids until he started saving Lex and Tim's asses over and over, coming to the conclusion that "Oh...kids aren't so bad after all". In a game with no much gameplay to satisfy the hunger of the modern day crowd, Jurassic Park: The Game succeeds in character development. A rarity!

Sometimes I don't believe any gamer has ever seen a Jurassic Park movie in their lives if they judge the game by not having guns and explosives. ^^; Yes, there are moments of firearms and action, but the Jurassic Park series is mainly based on survival. This series captured that well with the Quick Time Event system. One wrong move and the Raptor slits you across the belly, spilling your intestines. :)

I'll be the first to admit that the graphics aren't the best, it looks like a Playstation 2 title if it were give an HD makeover. The frame rate is slow at certain points and I swear it lags in-between cutscenes (for the Xbox 360 version, I don't know about the others) and that can be frustrating to any gamer. Other than that, the character models are okay and the dinosaurs look really cool in the right lighting. The T-Rex looks really cool and the Mosasaur is so fucking badass. Finally a threatening underwater dinosaur in the Jurassic Park series.

Overall, Jurassic Park: The Game isn't for everyone. It's an easy game you can beat within a day, the Quick Time Event event is simple, the graphics aren't the greatest and it has graphical problems. Despite it's faults, I'm overlooking them as a fan of Jurassic Park. It reminds me of a time when I was a kid who was obsessed with majestic creatures that once existed. Like any child with an imagination, I was hooked on the idea of dinosaurs and the 1993 classic fueled that fire. Life will not be contained and neither will my fandom. :)

Rating: HiME HiME HiME / HiME HiME HiME HiME HiME

3.5 = Consider it!

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Really enjoyed your game reviews! =D

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

Well, I've always enjoyed the action/adventure, shurmp/hell curtains and platforms, historical/mythogical genres. Um...

What are your favourite series?
Touhou Project, RAIDEN Project, Final Fantasy (Classic/Modern), Valkyrie Profile, Age of Empires/Mythology, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot (Classic), Bayonetta, Drakan, Heavenly Sword, Sly Cooper, Tomb Raider (Modern, I hate the classics, even if I grew up with them).

Those are at least the main favourites, anyhow.

Got an absolute favourite game of ALL time?
Err... um... I'm not really sure, there are far too many games which are my favourite to know which would be the top, I'm very neutral when it comes to favourites.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP) and Touhou Project: Mystic Square/Phantasmagoria of Flower View/Subterranean Animism/Undefined Fantastic Object/Ten Desires (PC-98/Windows).

Obviously it varies for Touhou since there are so many games out there, both canon and fanmade.

However, I really, really want to play Xenosaga, ffffff, KOSMOS/Shion.~~

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 am

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Tomb Raider (Modern, I hate the classics, even if I grew up with them).

^^; The original Tomb Raider games from the original to Angel of Darkness (?) were broken. Plain and simple. If it weren't for the funbags on that hosehound, she would never have a career. ^^;

Any game after AOD is, at last, playable. Arika Yumemiya Though I still prefer Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. It had horny Chinese twins. <3

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:However, I really, really want to play Xenosaga, ffffff, KOSMOS/Shion.~~

<33333 I wish all girls can be yuri with their hardware. No Xenosaga IV or Xenosaga remake for today's consoles? Really, Namco? Really? Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Tomb Raider (Modern, I hate the classics, even if I grew up with them).

^^; The original Tomb Raider games from the original to Angel of Darkness (?) were broken. Plain and simple. If it weren't for the funbags on that hosehound, she would never have a career. ^^;

Any game after AOD is, at last, playable. Arika Yumemiya Though I still prefer Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. It had horny Chinese twins. <3

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:However, I really, really want to play Xenosaga, ffffff, KOSMOS/Shion.~~

<33333 I wish all girls can be yuri with their hardware. No Xenosaga IV or Xenosaga remake for today's consoles? Really, Namco? Really? Akira Okuzaki

Pfft, Tomb Raider, the only reason why Lara's model turned out the way it did for the Haruka boobs was the fact that the boss of the company "accidently" inflated the polygons which were attached to her chest, that waist of course being to the state of snapping in half without the strain of said polygons, and of course, the other developers ended up spotting him and demanded he'd keep her that way, since they thought she looked "better" at the time. My arse, they should try having boobs and wearing heels for a day. Akira Okuzaki

From what I understand of Xenosaga however, is that the subtext mainly comes in mainly in Episode III, although there seemed to be a lot in the anime adaption as it was. o_o Well, perhaps my yuri goggles were on far too sharp again as usual. ¬_¬

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Aha I've been playing GTA: Vice City for a while now
I've got the portable version with almost all the mods and the regular cracked version on my laptop.
The best part is the utter lack of any lag whatsoever~~
Here's some screenshots and a video I took aha
video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lwybmwoEzG1qehga4o1_500
video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lwy8r5fI8M1qehga4o1_500
video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lwxmodblyX1qehga4o1_500
video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lwwnjwyNrp1qehga4o1_500
video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lw4iptu4ym1qehga4o1_500
the worst part is i cant swim...

pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 pm

RPG! (Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Tales of Symphonia)
Platform
Fighting
Adventure.

Persona
Pokemon
Tales of Symphonia

Dark Cloud and Mortal Combat 2

Skyrim
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
Pokemon White
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm

My review of Final Fantasy XIII-2 from the Final Fantasy thread:

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Final Fantasy XIII-2

video - Video Gaming Discussion and Reviews Thread - Page 5 Final_11

The Xbox 360 version. The version of choice. pokemon

In a lot of ways, RPGs are radically changing, much to gamer's dismay. I feel the Final Fantasy fanbase is separated into two types: Old school and new school. The old school covers every FF game from the first to Final Fantasy X. The last Final Fantasy game before the merger with Enix. The new school are fans who love the new and arguably innovative direction SquareEnix took the series. The latter is usually open minded, open to what SquareEnix brings next, while the old schoolers like myself are more attached to the titles of yesterday. Now I may feel that way for movies, anime and even pro-wrestling, but not for the Final Fantasy games and here's why.

When Final Fantasy XIII came out, I was obsessed with it. More so than your resident FLight fanwhore. It was a game that not only brought us a memorable cast of characters after years of so-so and mediocre games (Kingdom Hearts sequels and spin offs, Final Fantasy VII spin offs, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI Online and Final Fantasy XII), it brought in the casual gamer. This is why I cannot understand the fans who complain about the linearity of the game. Yes, it IS linear. Does that make it bad? Think of it this way, thanks to it's linearity, it pulled in the gamers who looked down on RPGs for being too boring. I've heard this a million times in my lifetime. Final Fantasy XIII's straight forward approach and battle system is so easy, a five year old can understand it.

It's sequel, Final Fantasy XIII-2 continues three years after the first game, putting Lightning's sister Serah Farron on the forefront, along with a newcomer. From 700 years in the future, Noel Kreiss! This may disappoint many as people were looking forward to playing as a stronger, more experienced Lightning as seen in the opener against Caius. Amazing sequence by the way, the cinematics have greatly improved since the first game and the battle really set the tone for the game itself.

As Serah, who now lives on a settlement on Gran Pulse, is having dreams where Lightning fights Caius in a place called Valhalla. Noel meets with Lightning in this apocalyptic future and was sent to Serah. To find Lightning, the two much embark on a time traveling adventure to unwind a paradox filled history. At first it's confusing, but bear with the game and it'll make sense little by little.

CHOCOLINA IS A FUCKING LUNATIC!!!

Not since Chrono Trigger have I been reminded of the time travel gimmick. When I first heard about the game premise, Trunks from Dragon Ball Z came to mind. Noel is sent from the future to save his doomed world that Lightning failed to protect. Serah and Noel travel around around different eras and locations in the world's history, solving problems and opening portals to other eras and potential futures. You will find yourself traveling to the same area in a different AND alternate timeline. Confused yet? Not me, it comes with watching old films and tons of Doctor Who. *smiles*

Unlike the first game, you're given far more freedom to explore these areas. Not only that, those optional side missions are aplenty in this game, you'll always find something to do. Also added are places like the Coliseum, where you can duke it out with bosses provided by an entity. If you download the first ever DLC, you can battle Omega Weapon at the Coliseum. Remember him from Final Fantasy VIII? There's even a place called Serendipity, basically 13-2's version of the Gold Saucer from FF7, with chocobo races and casino games! :) This is one of their best features and I'm glad it's back.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 lets you progress at your own pace, putting more power back into the player. Finding hidden treasures like I mentioned before and using clever strategy to topple monsters well above your strength level feels immensely satisfying. Okay, I kinda lied. There isn't much strategy here, it feels more like the first game where you're mashing buttons until the enemy falls. When you're well equipped with the right paradigm shift, this tends to happen. There are moments where you'll need to be a tad smart with your order of combat and item usage. Fight smarter, not harder I always say.

You now have more control over character development, as you can choose to level up specific Paradigm roles on the Crystarium board...even for monsters! That's right, you can now capture monsters during random battles and use them in combat. I currently have a Chocobo at level 54 that is pretty boss. While also unlocking additional roles and bonus boosts (stat gains, accessory capacity) after reaching certain levels. Moreover, battles continue on even after the initial player-controlled party leader has fallen, giving you a chance to regroup and make a comeback. I hated that about the first game, leader dies..GAME OVER. Probably the most awesome feature in this sequel is something that made games like Shenmue, Bayonetta and Resident Evil 5 so fast pace: Cinematic Action! Best known as Quick Time Event, where you follow a series of button commands to cause further damage to your opponent.

I'm not finished with Final Fantasy XIII-2, my goal was simply to analyze the game's mechanics. Gameplay wise, the sequel is better the first, preferably because I am an old school Final Fantasy veteran who prefers more exploration in a vast world. In this case, universe as the time travel makes it feel much grander. Storywise, I prefer the first by miles. Noel is a welcome character and a huge leap in the right direction as far as males are concerned. Sazh, Snow and Hope weren't my style, while Noel shows a man that is positive, hopeful, supportive and above all, human. He has more mastery and flaws than the previous three and he ends up the best. As for Serah, I'm taking a liking to her more, though she is no Lightning. Serah is a more girlie girl who develops over the course of the game from selfishly wanting to find her sister, to saving the future that everyone is trying to protect (like Hope and Alyssa with their history fixture). Other than their two strong leads, I'm not feeling Caius as a great adversary/villain. At first yes, anyone able to take Lightning head on is a skilled fighter. But as the game tells his story, Caius has emotional flaws that make him look weak to me. I mean...
Spoiler:

Overall, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a step in the right direction for SquareEnix in terms of gameplay. While the characters of the Final Fantasy XIII are deep; almost thought-provoking, SquareEnix clearly has trouble telling a coherent story. Personal opinion, which is just me nitpicking. Pick this game up for Xbox 360 or PS3 today, it's worth it.

Rating: -

None. Yet. :) I have to beat the game and see what future DLC has to offer, since SquareEnix just announced that DLC will be the only way to complete the game. o.o

P.S. I am aware that I've been repeating CHOCOLINA IS A FUCKING LUNATIC!!!. throughout my entire review. Julie Nathanson is a marvelous voice actress, but I'll be goddamned before someone tells me Chocolina isn't annoying. Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next