Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television shows discussion/reviews

+12
Sergay Tate
depression76
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Lerena
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Layla-San
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Television shows discussion/reviews

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am

:) We have a thread for television show discussion already, however I will leave your thread open for a while to have our members make some interesting lists before merging it. :) Be back later with my list...thanks to Television getting slightly better lately, I can add some recent hits to the list, in addition to my classics.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Television shows discussion/reviews

Post by SulliMike23 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:54 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::) We have a thread for television show discussion already, however I will leave your thread open for a while to have our members make some interesting lists before merging it. :) Be back later with my list...thanks to Television getting slightly better lately, I can add some recent hits to the list, in addition to my classics.
Rats! I didn't see it.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:45 am

I'll provide my list when I find the real television thread. My main favorites are Angel and Charmed.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 am

uh... well, whenever I see a glimpse of National Geographic or the german version of Discovery Channel, count me in. I love Documentaries about animals, countries and cultures... *_*

Next on TV?

Spongebob Squarepants
Drawn Together (even if it gets a bit boring after all)
Futurama and The Simpsons
BONES
Cold Case
Law and Order: SVU
Lie to me
Xena - Warrior princess
Cooking shows: EXCEPT JAMIE OLIVER (don't stare at me, I can cook)

ya... pretty much it. There's nothing interesting on german TV anymore.
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:09 am

h20: Just Add Water and W.I.T.C.H. are my two fav non-animes. Followed by Avatar: The Last Airbender and Teen Titans.

I also like...:
Kenan and Kel (Who loves Orange soda? KEL Loves Orange Soda~!)
The Amanda Show (Bring in the Dancing Lobsters!)
Rugrats
Rocko's Modern Life
AHH! Real Monsters.
Doug
Dexter's Laboratory
Powerpuff Girls
Gullah Gullah Island (don't judge me!)
Allegra's Window (Again, no judging me xD)
Blue's Clues [Steve era] (...okay, you can judge me a little.)
Clarissa Explains It All
The Secret World of Alex Mack
ALL THAT!

Pretty much I like a lot of old cartoons and old shows, and some new cartoons and some new stuff. Mostly I like kids stuff I guess, but that's because... I dunno, all the 'adult' stuff never interests me. Like, I can watch CSI and stuff, but it's a vague interest to me. I prefer... well, fantasy to a... I dunno. But stuff like h2o: Just Add Water and The Secret World of Alex Mack tend to be my preference over other things.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Threads merged.

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Past and present shows:

WWE Monday Night Raw
Aeon Flux
Reba
The Simpsons (when it was good)
South Park (same as above)
Beavis and Butt-head
Daria
Ducktales
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
Batman: The Animated Series
Charmed
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Birds of Prey
The Real L Word (Claire Moseley is comedic genius)
Sonny with a Chance (It was getter when Demi Lovato was around)
Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)
Superman: The Animated Series (only to have my Lois Lane/Dana Delany fix)
Beetlejuice
Lizzie Mcguire
Full House
Xena Warrior Princess
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
La Femme Nikita
Nikita
Glee
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
Any Nicktoon from the original Doug to Angry Beavers
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Nickelodeon Game Shows (Nick Arcade, Guts, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, etc.)

I'll think of more later.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 am

Thought so :S

---

Gleeeeeeeeeee
Gilmore Girls :3
The L-Word
Xena

These would probably be my favourite.
Currently I am still watching Pretty Little Liars (which get's worse and worse btw. XD) and something new Body of Proof. Oh, and I love How I Met Your Mother X)
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Gilmore Girls :3

Add that to my list. :) I can't understand a word Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel say from time to time. I need classes in Gilmore, the highest form of banter/sarcasm. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Currently I'm high on bones...well, not currently. Since last year, haha. Couldnt stop watching it xDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am

depression76 wrote:Currently I'm high on bones...well, not currently. Since last year, haha. Couldnt stop watching it xDD

Bones is awesome, I love her non-existential humor which makes everything funny Wink

she's like Dr. House in female and still amusing.

(I quit watching Dr. House after he got his new team. It wasn't the same anymore...)

Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:08 am

ookamidesu wrote:Also, last year (or maybe 2 years ago) came a show called "Dollhouse" that was co-directed with Joss Whedon. It was also very good. But it got cancelled. Behh... lame tv station.

i know i'm a bit slow here (only just realised this thread was here) but i loved Dollhouse!! it was a great show! they only showed i think 4 episodes here, then cancelled it. which really disappointed me. i was glad there was something good on tv again :S

current TV shows i enjoy:
- Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad (seen almost all of em, but when i am channel surfing and find it i usually watch it)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (seen it all several times, always stop if i find it on when channel surfing though)
- WCG Ultimate Gamer (been recording and watching the 2nd series. i watched all the first series too)
- Around The World For Free (i have it all recorded, but only watched about 1/4 of it)
- Tornado Chasers (i follow this show religiously when it airs lol. i'm excitedly awaiting the next season... if it airs...)
- D1GP and D1 Street Legal (drifting in japan. i think they stopped airing them here though unfortunately >.<)
- Most things on Discovery channel or Nat Geo, especially anything relating to Japan.
- and Spongebob Squarepants (when i see it on, cause it's awesome)

i think that about covers it for now.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Tue May 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Tv has gotten real boring here wow all the shows are way behind so I'm mostly watching online...
but I'm watching/have watched

NCIS
CSI
Rizzoli and Isles (sweet lord season four soon thank the lord these re-watches are killing me)
Body Of Proof (I AMSOFUCKIGNDONE)
Game of Thrones
Castle

I used to watch a lot of tv..but recently its just harder to find stuff I like....
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed May 29, 2013 6:09 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Gleeeeeeeeeee
Gilmore Girls :3
The L-Word
Xena

These would probably be my favourite.
Currently I am still watching Pretty Little Liars (which get's worse and worse btw. XD) and something new Body of Proof. Oh, and I love How I Met Your Mother X)
TROLOLOL.
Glee can go fu c k itself ^__^ (which doesn't mean I won't be watching season 5 and 6 -__-)
PPL got really, really better last season and I am actually looking forward to the next one X3
It's been ages since I watched Body of Proof, which is sad. It's not like I can remember why I stopped though : X I really need to get back into it.
I haven't watched any How I Met Your Mother either, but that's because it's just isn't as good as it was in earlier seasons. I still want to get around at some point *shrugs*

Currently I am only watching two series, because all the others are on hiatus (well, three with Buffel). There is Defiance which is a alien kind of thing, but pretty good so far and it has Mia Kirshner and Julie Benz and other lovely ladies, so : P The other is Orphan Black which is just so good so far. I don't want to say anything else to it except: sdfghjklökjhjkll!

What I want to watch in the future is Intelligence which doesn't look too good to me, but it has Meghan Ory, so ._.

When there are new seasons, I will go back to (PLL, Glee), Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon A Time and! Lost Girl. I also need to get back on the Chicago Fire train, but... D:

I also have to come around to finally start watching Games of Thrones but that will be so time comsuming ö.ö

I am not watching many series, nonono Akira Okuzaki

Oh, and when I feel like it I always go watch some Xena.
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Wed May 29, 2013 8:08 am

Oh Glee. Why must you torture yourself so, Kino, my dear. *facepalm* (as in my palm, your face)

I too need to start re-watching Chicago Fire. I just hate the situations the characters are in. Same with Once Upon a Time, but I managed to watch that till the end of the season *sigh*

Game of Thrones is EPIC! There was no episode this week :( It's the kind of show where you can't help but love all the characters. I especially love Emelia Clarke's character though. KHALEESI!

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 83983610

Whoops, wrong picture...

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 Khalee10

I'm also watching Nikita (which has gone to shit), Russle Howard's Good News and Mork and Mindy (Nanu Nanu!). I'm patiently waiting for Lost Girl to come back and will be starting Orphan Black and Defiance soon...

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 Pam-da10

Look at how young Robin was. Robin, can I be you? Your career is perfect ;__;
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Was watching Once Upon a Time and after so many plot holes, infantilizing the evil queen ruined it for me.

Was watching Lost Girl and Lauren got thrown to the wolves! (No pun intended!) I'll trust the show will get back on track next season!! So I'm keeping this one.

Was watching warehouse 13 and HG Wells suddenly decided to play desperate housewives forgetting completely about her already committed relationship with Myka! Say byebye warehouse, just cuz you didn't get renewed there was no need to piss all over it!!!

Was watching Game of Thrones and I finally like it! Too many characters, too little time though! Kill them all is my new motto! Also keeping this one, at least until they kill Daenerys or Aria.

Dropped Defiance after 1 ep but alas, HG Wells shagged Jenny Shecter in it and so I'm now watching it again!! Fastforwarding it to the interesting parts though.

Aside form Family Guy, Simpsons and the like... I don't hold much hope for television! They are replaying old shows though... So I can always hope to see something good!

Jesus Christ, MTV introduced the Geordie Shore to me... WTF is wrong with you people?! One wasn't enough????
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Never seen Game of Thrones, but I've heard better things about the book series. What do you think, Oh Captain My Captain?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Never read the books! I actually rarely get my reading fill from books.
In my experience though... The books are always better than the movies/shows! Which is why you should watch them first and then read, else you'll always be disappointed!

Game of thrones was an acquired taste. The plot is good, the characters interesting and it always leaves you wanting to know more. The thing I had an hard time swallowing was the quantity of main characters!! So many people... So many towns... So many settings!!! Everytime I get into one story they switch it to another one! Every character has up to 10 mins, sometimes none.

Even having read the spoilers for the last episode I wasn't prepared for the graphic raw violence. This show doesn't pull back! You need to watch at least one episode!! Be acquainted with the awesomeness that is Lord Tyrion!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:36 pm

I'll give it a watch, Cap. Only because raw violence tickles my fancy. Just as long as the series doesn't just focus on that, otherwise it'd be another Spartacus clone. :)

As for upcoming TV shows, my attention will be focused on Rizzoli & Isles when it makes it's season 4 return on June 25th. setsuna
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'll give it a watch, Cap. Only because raw violence tickles my fancy. Just as long as the series doesn't just focus on that, otherwise it'd be another Spartacus clone. :)

As for upcoming TV shows, my attention will be focused on Rizzoli & Isles when it makes it's season 4 return on June 25th. setsuna

kawaiidesuplz Precious news is appreciated!!!!

Do so! Violence is awesome but there's a lot of shagging in between!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
kawaiidesuplz Precious news is appreciated!!!!

Do so! Violence is awesome but there's a lot of shagging in between!

Shagging is nice as long as it's a very lovely actress. I usually watch shows with a lot of shagging on Showtime like Shameless and Californication; didn't expect Game of Thrones to have some too. It's more like Spartacus every time I hear about it! XD Only Spartacus had the advantage of parading around naked Lucy Lawless from time to time. Dance
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Shagging is nice as long as it's a very lovely actress. I usually watch shows with a lot of shagging on Showtime like Shameless and Californication; didn't expect Game of Thrones to have some too. It's more like Spartacus every time I hear about it! XD Only Spartacus had the advantage of parading around naked Lucy Lawless from time to time. Dance

I know it sounds similar, but one show has nothing to do with the other. At all. Even the cinematography is completely different. Spartacus CGI pissed me off to no end. Also I really only enjoyed the second season (the pre-spartacus ordeal).
Game of thrones is clever. The rotten is showed together with the pretty. The only flaw is every time you get into a story it changes to another character in another land. I'd say try one episode but I myself only got into it after almost a whole season because of the marathon episodes at the weekends.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 am

PEOPLE!!!! Orphan Black is the SHAITE!!!
Brilliant plot! Brilliant acting (except you boring boy whose name i don't remember, impressive with shirt off though). Actually scratch brilliant acting, GENIUS ACTING.

The sets are Lost Girl recycled, but what show filmed in Toronto isn't? Lost Girl is recycled from something else as well. But the mood... Those people know what they are doing!!

I get bored very fast and I was hooked until I watched all of the first season yesterday! BRILLIANT acting!! Such a compelling well constructed plot! I didn't fastforward even 2 seconds of the show!!! Can't wait for the next season!! It promises to be as good as the first!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 am

Quite liked A-Team when the TV station down here saw fit to show it. Otherwise, How I Met Your Mother was another show I kinda liked (I find Barney Stinson really funny, and I think I would go so far as to say that whenever someone says 'Barney', I prefer to think of exquisite suits/playbook/bro-code regardless of who the person actually meant. Legen- wait for it- dary!).

Otherwise, that is more or less it, unless an english-dubbed anime that I take an interest in is appearing on TV (especially if it has an abridged series online).
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm

anime - Television shows discussion/reviews - Page 2 Jane-b10

I finally started going through my TV series DVDs I got from Bali last year. All I watched from the pile before was The Real L Word and didn't get a chance to watch the others. The show I started with first is a now-cancelled ABC Family show, Jane By Design. Imagine if The Devil Wears Prada and Hannah Montana had a child...XD Now bear with me, it's actually pretty good in a fun way.

Basically the show is about the very attractive Jane Quimby (played by Erica Dasher), a high school student who is mistaken for an adult when she applies for a job in a famous fashion business. Throughout the series, she juggles High School life and her fashion business job. Each episode consists of how she's going to pass exams, deal with the guy she likes at school, etc. WHILE making a perfect impression in the fashion world at the same time. This series even has it's own "Miranda Priestly" in Andie Macdowell, who plays Gray Chandler Murray. Gray is strict, brutually honest and sarcastic. A Head Bitch In Charge, woman hear me roar type. Unlike Meryl Streep's character in The Devil Wears Prada, Andie's Gray can be reasonable, but only when Jane uses her own smarts to turn things around in her favor. Very clever! Makes her more on-the-ball than Anne Hathaway.

We get some sub-plots too with Jane's guy best friend, her brother who is hitting on the Asian guidance counselor who once went to High School with him, her high school hater who falls for her best friend, the goofy British coworker and Jane's fashion colleague, India, who can be considered the main antagonist of the series. India is always trying to get Jane fired from her job, only to fail every time like a dimwitted 80s villain from Ninja Turtles and G.I. Joe.

The show is kinda girly yeah, but I kind of enjoy it for being so well written. I prefer to think of these shows as "campy good fun".  It's a shame it only lasted a season. ;_; Oh well, gonna watch the next DVD tonight. 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:02 pm

*facepalms herself*
Here are some more series I watched / started watching.....

The Fosters, the first season finished last week. I can get why people love the show so much and I also get why it's that important but that doesn't change that I still don't really like most of the storylines and keep facepalming because of the kids' mistakes, but I still love Stef and Lena so very much so I kept watching ~.~ I am not sure if I will continue watching when the next season comes around (I prob will......)

Wentworth ._. All the feelings. Bea ;___; The music is fantastic btw. : P

Dates I enjoyed this way way more than I thought I would. Looking forward to more :3

Orange is the new Black Enjoyed this so very much. But lately I have been tired of seeing stuff from it ~.~ And another long wait til a next season, whoop whoop.

Dollhouse Something which isn't from this year, yay! Created by Joss Whedon :3 with Eliza Dushku :3² Sadely it got cancelled after two seasons : X I am still in season one and it's been really really good so far.

Pretty Little Liars has been pretty good so far.
Spoiler:

And I still haven't started watching Games of Thrones :'D

So next year I will have way too many series to watch X__X
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2