Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television shows discussion/reviews

+12
Sergay Tate
depression76
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Lerena
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Kino karutta-chan
ookamidesu
Layla-San
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Television shows discussion/reviews Empty Television shows discussion/reviews

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm

I noticed we have a lot of members who watch TV, so here's a thread for it. ^_^ You can even talk about old TV shows you used to spend hours watching and taping.

I'll talk about some of my old favorites down the road, like Xena Warrior Princess (Lucy Lawless FTW), WWE (when it used to be good), Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter FTW!) Beavis and Butt-Head, Daria, and many others. I wanna start with a review of the new Nikita series.

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews "Nikita" episode one:

So my hysterical BFF, Mitchie, dragged me by the arm to watch the new Nikita series on CW about an hour ago. Almost forgot about it! lol I've been wanting to see this for a while now. Nikita is basically like Alias with Jennifer Garner, only Nikita came way before Alias with the old French film. Then the epic TV series La Femme Nikita with Aussie goddess Peta Wilson. Alias is the Nikita rip-off, although the fanbase would never admit that. ;p

After watching this new Nikita, I did like it, mostly as fanservice. The new Nikita is played by Maggie Q, one fine ass Hawaiian bitch. The story revolves around an assassin woman who rebels against the organization, called Division (creativity, where are you?), that once controlled her. Throughout the episode, Division sends out random cannon fodder to take her out and in typical girls-with-guns style, Nikita comes out on top each time. While this sounds hooky and predictable, it's all done rather well. Maggie is convincing as the suave, sexy assassin. The fight scenes are proof of that. I miss Peta Wilson's more rugged fighting style, but that's just me. Maggie's Nikita is more graceful.

The dialogue is the weak point so far, it's HORRIBLE. Who wrote this shitt? Damn, no wonder I've been ignoring the latest hit series lately, the writing is utter garbage. I wouldn't mind Nikita's wise cracks after every kill, but damn. ^^; There was a lot more raw emotion in La Femme Nikita compared to this new Nikita, which drew me into the story. Nikita 2010 is just over-the-top silliness.

*twists the lipstick*

Check your cars, Mai-Multiverse members. I just blew them all up.

Rolling Eyes

It's too early to judge properly, I'll catch the show again next Thursday. Mainly for one reason. Maggie is fuckingg hot! XD Okay, there's another reason: Alex. She's a new character who was planted in Division by Nikita. Nice twist to have a young double agent...

Luu Sky Sapphire rates Nikita (so far): I love you I love you / I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Pro: Sexy lead actress, good twist on classic story, solid action.

Con: Horrible dialogue and cliche. Maggie is nowhere near Peta Wilson's level.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Television shows discussion/reviews Empty Re: Television shows discussion/reviews

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Nikita and Alias! :O those were my shows back in the day! Xena too! <3333333
-sigh- tv sucks now, all we watch at the dorm are reality shows. :/
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Television shows discussion/reviews Empty Re: Television shows discussion/reviews

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Oh Xena, how I miss that show >.<

Last year, I managed to watch all the seasons, and it just made my year xD

I used to watch it when I was a little kid, and damnit, I still love Lucy Lawless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am

Lucy Lawless is a goddess. The 90s were a great time to be into amazon women on television. Lucy Lawless for Xena fans, Chyna for wrestling fans and so on. Now all the heroines look like supermodels. Lucy played Xena so wonderfully and the chemistry with Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle was phenomenal. I've always been a fan of Callisto, seeing how I'm in love with the bad girls. :D Heidi Hudson Leick stole my heart in her debut episodes as Callisto, she was so bad ass. She even obtained goddess powers, one of my favorite moments in the series. What's also cool about Heidi is her interest in yoga, so we have something in common there. <3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm known around my friends as the TV queen, I watch to much. But it's so good, it can't be helped. The best shows are always the ones off air now. I Dream of Jeannie, Friends, Will & Grace, Boy Meets World, and many more.

I agree though, not as many current television shows are as good, and seem to be unable to old an audience. Sadly to say there have been shows that were cancelled before their time such as Arrested Development and my personal favourite Firefly. It breaks my heart about both of them, but Firefly had a movie Serenity and Arrested Development has one currently in the works. This shows me that Fox is uberly stupid for pulling the plug on both shows.

Currently I'm watching Brothers & Sisters with my roommate. If you're sick of watching teenage dramas this one will make you feel better. The cast is all above their 20's and most in their 30's, which is what I'm more interested in; high school drama's are never my forte. The cast is witty, and just full of laughs, if you haven't given this show a chance I suggest you do.

Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 412
Armitage GUTS!!! : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 am

Lol, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be up to date on certain shows. You even got me interested in Firefly.

I do agree that the best shows are off the air. I don't watch much TV now aside from pro-wrestling, re-runs of Full House, Sex and the City, South Park and whatever else is still hanging in there. Is Nikita off the air yet? I haven't seen any new promos. 🇳🇴
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Lol, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be up to date on certain shows. You even got me interested in Firefly.

Firefly is awesome!!

Also, last year (or maybe 2 years ago) came a show called "Dollhouse" that was co-directed with Joss Whedon. It was also very good. But it got cancelled. Behh... lame tv station.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:57 pm

I only heard about Nikita, never watched it (well, that's what I think XD) and I think I thought back then that it came from Germany, LOL. Damn, I really was young when the old Nikita was broadcasted here : D

Anyway, the shows I am watching right now are Grey's Anatomy (I LOVE it), Desperate Housewives (I am just watching it again (I didn't for a time), because I stumbled over Robin in TV ;P Well, now I am waiting for a new episode, which will be broadcasted in January, right?? (like Grey's)), Stargate Universe D: (it's too bad that's it pretty bad most of the time :/) AND Pretty Little Liars <333 (new season in January, too X))

I have to admit to Xena... I LOVED it when I was a kid (or teenager?? XD) and I am still loving it somehow, but I know now, that it isn't this great as I thought it was back then :0 Which doesn't matter, because it's still fun too watch ;P Well, I HATE the stupid, stupid, stupid episodes, like when they are in our time *rolls eyes*
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 am

My friend Erica is a major television viewer who catches up on all the latest shows as long as they feature strong female heroines. So when she told me about the new Charlie's Angels series; I kinda just rolled my eyes and thought of the horrible movies with Drew, Lucy and Cameron. The only things good about those films is that Demi Moore played a hot villain and that P!nk made a cameo in Full Throttle.

Erica showed me the promos on her laptop and...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...

RACHAEL TAYLOR IS STARRING IN IT!!!

Before I go off-topic; I will explain my excitement. Rachael Taylor is only THE hottest Australian female to ever grace my 20/20 vision. She didn't make a good start in the shitty Transformers films, but she pulled out good performances in everything else. And her Aussie accent is...omg...I want to fuck her!!! >o<

*ahem* So yes, quite excited to see her in the new Charlie's Angels. The other two Angels chosen were Annie Ilonzeh and Minka Kelly. Beautiful women in their own right; but poodles compared to Rachael. <3

Will it fare to the original series? Personally I was never a huge Angels fan, that was after my time (although I've always admired Farrah Fawcett as a child). I will give the new "reboot" a chance for what it's worth. If only to support Rachael's career and pray that she gets cast in something worth her incredible talents. Here are some pictures and photos for this new series:

Television shows discussion/reviews First_look_the_new_charlies_angels

Television shows discussion/reviews Charlies-Angels-Rachael-Taylor-MInka-Kelley-annie-lLlonzeh-600x300

Television shows discussion/reviews Charlies-angels-2011-version

Television shows discussion/reviews CharliesAngels

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:56 am

I still can't believe they're bringing back Charlie's Angels to TV. I mean, the movies were OK, but to bring back the series itself? AWESOME!!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

SulliMike23 wrote:I still can't believe they're bringing back Charlie's Angels to TV. I mean, the movies were OK, but to bring back the series itself? AWESOME!!

:) Agreed! The look of it feels a bit generic like those USA Network cop/spy shows, but it should stand on it's own if executed well enough.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:I still can't believe they're bringing back Charlie's Angels to TV. I mean, the movies were OK, but to bring back the series itself? AWESOME!!

:) Agreed! The look of it feels a bit generic like those USA Network cop/spy shows, but it should stand on it's own if executed well enough.
Let's hope so.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Television shows discussion/reviews Empty The 1990s are BACK! Sailor Moon! Nicktoons! Beavis and Butt-Head!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Is it just me or is the 1990s coming back in herds, just like the 80s tried (and failed with things like the new Transformers films) in the 2000s? Only this time, it's done correctly!

Not only are we seeing the return of the greatest anime/manga series (imo) making it's return:

Television shows discussion/reviews Tumblr12

Not only are we seeing the return of MTV's most groundbreaking animated show:

Television shows discussion/reviews New_be10

Just late last night on TeenNick, I noticed a late night block (sort of like Cartoon Network's old Adult Swim) called '90s Are All That'. And what was the first show I ran into by accident when flipped to this channel?

MOTHER....

FUCKING....

DOUG

Television shows discussion/reviews Doug_f10

O_O DID TV FINALLY DECIDE TO BECOME WATCHABLE AGAIN!?

HALLELUJAH!!!
HALLELUJAH!!!
HALLELUJAH!!!-HALLELUJAH!!!
HALLELUUUUUUUUUUUUUJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

In addition to Doug, all the major Nick shows from the 90s are part of the block and will be added soon:

All That

Clarissa Explains it All

Doug

Kenan and Kel

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters

The Adventures of Pete & Pete

The Amanda Show

Are You Afraid of the Dark

Cat Dog

Double Dare

GUTs

Hey Arnold!

Hey Dude

Legends of the Hidden Temple

The Ren and Stimpy Show

Rocket Power

Rockos Modern Life

Rugrats

Salute Your Shorts

The Secret World of Alex Mack

Weinerville

This entire 90s return is too sweet and doesn't feel out of place. The Codename Sailor V and Sailor Moon manga covers look amazing (just wait until you read inside), the new Beavis and Butt-head episode was hilarious, all the shows on Nick's 90s line up never lost their flavor. Anyone who didn't grow up with these shows; you may want to give them a try. ^_^ This was a superior era in television and entertainment.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

O.O I... Clarissa... Alex Mack... Doug... oh dear god I want this NAO!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm

ahh, the good ole days.

Don't forget to add these titles to the list:
Pinky and the Brain
Bugs Bunny
Donald Duck
Popeye
Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Laboratory
Flinstones
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Powerpuff girls!?!

And if we can add Flintstones we can add Scooby Doo and the Jetsons, since my mom watched those as a kid. xD

THUNDERCATS AND VOLTRON! The originals, not the remakes xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 pm

HALLE-FRICKIN'-LUJAH!!!!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

MY CHILDHOOD. It has returned all of a sudden. I remember Rocket Power, the Amanda Show, Doug, and tons more shows on that list.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Lerena wrote:MY CHILDHOOD. It has returned all of a sudden. I remember Rocket Power, the Amanda Show, Doug, and tons more shows on that list.

;_; Comrade.

Only good things will happen from here on. Out of everything, Sailor Moon's return is the most epic to me. When the anime is remastered with a new dubbing track and I hear "Usagi Tsukino" spoken by an English VA, I will lose my mind in a VERY good way.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Yep, they've been playing this 90's Are All That for weeks now. ^_^

It is good they're airing shows I grew up watching (Doug, All That and Kenan and Kel). This is my first time watching Clarissa in full and it's a cool show. Yeah, looks like the '90s are making a stronger comeback than the 80's were. It makes me happy being more a '90's kid (I was born in '88)! Between watching the 90's Are All That and anticipating the strong Sailor Moon comeback (and return of Beavis and Butthead), I do feel that '90's wave hitting me hard. Hopefully, they'll air Hey Arnold, Ahhhh! Real Monsters, and Alex Mack.

Now if only Disney were to counter Nick and air a block of their old shows! I'd love to see some Darkwing Duck and Sister, Sister.
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 pm

SoulEaterHaruhis0s wrote:Yep, they've been playing this 90's Are All That for weeks now. ^_^

xD Yeah I know, shows you how much I actually watch TV. lol Or check news online regarding Nick shows.

There's a good chance Disney might do the same. Bring on the Ducktales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Aladdin and the Little Mermaid animated series (despite the poor animation on both shows, compared to their original movies, a lot of those episodes were entertaining!). And end the night by showing a classic Disney film Pre-2000s, including minor ones. Starting with a Goofy Movie! Dance
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Lerena wrote:MY CHILDHOOD. It has returned all of a sudden. I remember Rocket Power, the Amanda Show, Doug, and tons more shows on that list.

;_; Comrade.

Only good things will happen from here on. Out of everything, Sailor Moon's return is the most epic to me. When the anime is remastered with a new dubbing track and I hear "Usagi Tsukino" spoken by an English VA, I will lose my mind in a VERY good way.
YES~! I want to hear that spoken by an English VA too. And not to be a spoiled brat, but I wish Yu-Gi-Oh would get re-dubbed too, maybe even Season 0. I can stomach the Yu-Gi-Oh dub, not so much the Sailor Moon one. Fortunately, I've seen almost every episode of the Sailor Moon series subbed. I just need to finish Sailor Stars. I had a dream I was watching Sailor Stars last night. Wrong thread, but there isn't much to talk about.
Lerena
Lerena

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:02 pm

...Darkwing Duck is a godsend. DO WANT! Tail Spin? Boy Meets World?
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Lerena wrote:YES~! I want to hear that spoken by an English VA too. And not to be a spoiled brat, but I wish Yu-Gi-Oh would get re-dubbed too, maybe even Season 0. I can stomach the Yu-Gi-Oh dub, not so much the Sailor Moon one. Fortunately, I've seen almost every episode of the Sailor Moon series subbed. I just need to finish Sailor Stars. I had a dream I was watching Sailor Stars last night. Wrong thread, but there isn't much to talk about.

xD Hope you get to finish Sailor Stars before the actual dub releases.

*drools*

I'm sorry, I'm was imagining Galaxia having the most epic English voice over. FUNimation, do NOT fuck this one up. The Starlights may sound iffy, but DON'T YOU DARE screw up on my favorite animated villain of all time.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Television shows discussion/reviews Empty Favorite TV Shows (Not including anything anime)

Post by SulliMike23 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:09 am

As the title suggests, what is everyone's favorite TV shows outside of anything related to anime? They can be shows that are currently on TV or shows that WERE on TV but are now shown in reruns or shows that were on TV but only had DVD/Video releases.

For me my favorites include...

NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
Star Trek: The Original Series
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
CSI: NY
Dog Whisperer
Deadliest Warrior
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (The old school rocks)
Firefly
The Haunted (ghost stories on Animal Planet)
Scooby Doo Where Are You? (classic Scooby)
Battlestar Galactica (old AND new)
Exosquad
G1 Transformers (gotta love the classics)
Gargoyles
Animaniacs
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next