Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe

+5
ookamidesu
Magus Phantalus
Sergay Tate
MidnightPersona
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:
Apologizes that it took me so long to respond computer troubles but things look stable now.  Anyway I was thinking a more general thread that included CHILDS and even the big bad Obsidian Lord himself.  Anime, Manga and EXA versions were applicable as well.  If you'd like I could help with this.  I feel like I'm asking for a lot but you know me I love me my summoned monsters Lightning FF13

Quite rare of someone to request to make an elaborate topic. Alright Mags, you have my approval to make the CHILDs thread. Under one condition, you keep things simple by opening up with information (and pics) of the CHILDs from the Mai-HiME anime first. Since it's the most well known. Arika Yumemiya Think you can do that?

I do have some images of the CHILDs in our forum gallery. Knock yourself out!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Empty Re: Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe

Post by Magus Phantalus Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:55 am

I got a few pics as well after all summoning is my JAM! Anyway I figure I'll start us off with maybe two summons per post... I'm eventually going to have to go re-watch My Hime cause I wanna get them in order of appearance. I'll get started soon wann play some more Star Ocean till the End of Time. I tend to save the dvd viewing for my 360. I'm weird I know.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:13 pm

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Mo_0_210

Here's Shirow & Rayte on the "dinosaur." To this Wiki paleontologist, they appear to be similar to reconstructions of Pachycephalosaurus & Dracorex. An interesting addition to the fauna of Earl!

Speaking of Shirow, it would be remiss not to mention the hanzaki-like specimen notable for being just about the only thing ever to elicit fear from the peerless Miss Sayers...

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Mo_0_211

Last edited by TheElf29 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the fearsome tongue monster)
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 am

TheElf29 wrote:otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Mo_0_210

Here's Shirow & Rayte on the "dinosaur." To this Wiki paleontologist, they appear to be similar to reconstructions of Pachycephalosaurus & Dracorex. An interesting addition to the fauna of Earl!

Speaking of Shirow, it would be remiss not to mention the hanzaki-like specimen notable for being just about the only thing ever to elicit fear from the peerless Miss Sayers...

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Mo_0_211

Excellent additions to the Earl Exhibition! The "dinosaur" from Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~ looks fun to ride! It even looks like an actual prehistoric lizard compared to that...limp penis nosed camel thing that Qui-Gon Jinn rode in The Phantom Menace. Off topic, but it had to be said, and I'd rather say no more (or else I'd have to send George another pizza roll in the mail...)

Now for that giant salamander creature that had the privilege of licking Lena's most sacred of places. It made her dream of the good old days when her and Elliot were an item (as hinted in the first OVA). Eli-chin sure knew how to please a woman...but waking up to find this random hanzaki made Lena wish she were fighting M-9 instead. Shirow sure had quite the creature collection, didn't he? He discovered ancient texts that chronicled Akane and Hari battle with the Orphan way back in 2004, so I'd like to believe Shirow occasionally discovers new species on his expeditions.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:It even looks like an actual prehistoric lizard compared to that...limp penis nosed camel thing that Qui-Gon Jinn rode in The Phantom Menace.

omg This made me laugh so much I'm glad I wasn't eating or I'd have to clean the monitor.

I reckon someone working on the show has an interest in evolutionary biology: one of the creatures in the book Irina was reading during the research into the pervy swimming pool invader (the catfish-like critter in the top-left of this picture) looks like it has "lobe-fins" (rather than ray-fins), in common with the coelacanth and the immediate ancestors of all land vertebrates. The other three, however, look far more exotic. Earl certainly has some weird & wonderful wildlife.

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Mo_6_110

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Now for that giant salamander creature that had the privilege of licking Lena's most sacred of places. It made her dream of the good old days when her and Elliot were an item (as hinted in the first OVA). Eli-chin sure knew how to please a woman...but waking up to find this random hanzaki made Lena wish she were fighting M-9 instead.

Yes - and Eli-chin was very keen to renew their acquaintance. Mind you, if she had a tongue like that it might be classed as an Element (or Eli-ment!?)!

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Shirow sure had quite the creature collection, didn't he? He discovered ancient texts that chronicled Akane and Hari battle with the Orphan way back in 2004, so I'd like to believe Shirow occasionally discovers new species on his expeditions.

He certainly did. There were an awful lot of jars in his vehicle containing all manner of specimens. He's a biologist (specifically a zoologist - his knowledge of plants & their properties was somewhat lacking) by trade so presumably he studied the local wildlife for clues which could help alleviate the disease his people suffered. The information on the HiME may well be the fruit of expeditions with Branquin and the others to pre-Otome-era sites (such as the one in Aries which Midori & company infiltrated in episodes 9 & 10). Here's a couple more screengrabs of Shirow's menagerie.

otome - Creatures of the Mai-Otome Universe - Page 3 Critte10
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3