Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion

+12
the puppy in a box
Kuga Natsuki
IlliterateKoi
depression76
sephign
Nagumo
Highman
Artemis0820
Lerena
SpiderNeKoHiME
RedEyedWolf
Luu Sky Sapphire
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion Empty Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:40 am

Forum members requested, so here it is! I was going to save a discussion thread until we moved onto audio translation projects. We can always make an exception, right Red Puppy? As you know, the Mai-series canon stretches beyond just the anime and Natsuki no Prelude. The drama CDs are like the omakes, except much MUCH better. You discover character and story elements that weren't present in the anime series. While I enjoy the drama CDs, there's one main reason I enjoy them:

The Seiyuu.

Holy shitt, do the seiyuu have tons of fun doing the drama cds. Heck, they recommend the audios to fans of the series so they can unlock something new about the character they're voicing. What's better than listening to Naomi Shindoh smexy voice?

NOTHING!

Before we get down to the nitty gritty, let me introduce you to the seiyuu cast for reference reasons:

Ai Shimizu as Mikoto Minagi
Mai Nakahara as Mai Tokiha
Saeko Chiba as Natsuki Kuga
Akiko Kimura as Youko Sagisawa
Akira Ishida as Nagi Homura
Junko Iwao as Akane Higurashi
Kikuko Inoue as Yukariko Sanada
Kiyomi Asai as Miyu Greer
Mamiko Noto as Yukino Kikukawa
Mitsuki Saiga as Chie Harada
Naomi Shindoh as Shizuru Fujino
Ryoka Yuzuki as Haruka Suzushiro
Ryoko Shintani as Aoi Senou
Sakura Nogawa as Shiho Munakata
Sanae Kobayashi as Akira Okuzaki
Tomokazu Seki as Yuuichi Tate
Toshihiko Seki as Reito Kanzaki
Yugo Takahashi as Takumi Tokiha
Yukana as Fumi Himeno
Mashiro Kazahana
Yukari Tamura as Midori Sugiura
Yuko Miyamura as Alyssa Searrs
Yuuka Nanri as Nao Yuuki

That is only a listing of main characters. For the rest of the seiyuu and their roles, click here:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/mai-hime-discussion-f3/the-seiyuu-of-mai-hime-otome-t221.htm

My Hime Destiny Drama CD Vol. 1

My HiME Destiny Drama CD Vol. 2

My HiME Destiny Drama CD Vol. 3

Mai-HiME Drama CD Vol 1
Spoiler:

Mai-HiME Drama CD Vol 2
Spoiler:

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion 513tek10
Mai-Otome Drama CD Volume 1
Spoiler:

And nao for your listening pleasure (provided by CharmingIceX) various sample audios:

My-HiME Drama CD - Lingerie Rhapsody

My-HiME Drama CD - As the Cherry Blossoms Blooms

My-HiME Drama CD - The Festival Later

My-Otome Drama CD - When Nao and Natsuki are Alone

(I LOVE THIS ONE!!!)

My-HiME Uproar Drama CD Demonic Uproar?

My-HiME Drama CD - After the Festival

Makes you wish they were animated and put on the small screen. ^_~ SUNRISE should totally do a director's cut!

Let the discussion begin! If you're able to find translated audio in other languages, please list them! Also if anyone wants MP3s, PM me anytime. \^_^/

Drama CD - My-Otome - Spa Scene (English)

Drama CD - My-Otome - Shizuru Viola Memoirs (English)

Drama CD - My-HiME - Natsuki's Desperations (English)

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 am

XD!!!!! i'm so excited i have nothing to give though! :(

they seriously need to be animated Razz

Thanks Luu! *though i don't sound very intimidating being called Red Puppy ~pout~*
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 am

you are a red puppy and a gay one at that :3
the drama cds kick ass!
i listened to Nao and Natsuki are Alone like 7 times already >< shiznat is soooo canon in otome like luis said.
'those are for shizuru's use only' o.o lesbo!
x3 i came like twice listening to queen nao talk..yuuka nanri is the best!!!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Nao and Natsuki are Alone is the sole reason Mai-series drama CDs had to be made! Natsuki practically confirmed her SEXUAL relationship with Shizuru, in case there were any doubters. Though I don't see how there can be doubters for the Mai-Otome incarnations of ShizNat. They were obviously together from the start, unlike the HiME incarnations.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 am

haha true true, but it also confirms the NatNao thing Razz which i find very silly.
Nao likes NATSUKI!!!!!!!
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 am

RedEyedWolf wrote:haha true true, but it also confirms the NatNao thing Razz which i find very silly.
Nao likes NATSUKI!!!!!!!

Let's look at it this way. If that audio came from Mai-HiME, not Mai-Otome, then I'd be not only confused but scared. XD There's no way a vengeful Nao would ever like Natsuki in that way, although they'd make a Natsukilicious pair. Nao from Mai-Otome on the other hand is full of surprises, being the sneaky little bitch she is. ^_^ So I'm not too surprised. We all know Mai-Otome kicked up the fanservice a few notches compared to HiME. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:13 am

oh Otome sure did! ya know, everyone has thought of Hime being the darker one between Hime and Otome but i think Otome is pretty dark too. i mean, who really died in Hime besides first district? No one, and if they did they came back to life, in Otome Erstin dies FOR REAL and never comes back :( i really liked her, that's why it's dark to me.

i like ShizNao better
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:41 am

HiME was only dark because of the Carnival/Festival arc in the 2nd half of the series. Mai-Otome got dark in the second half too, but not as dark. I think HiME was darker because it was constant personal battles. Otome's second half was the good guys getting pinned down for a few episodes, then they magically bounce back and win the day. Since Mai-HiME leans towards reality more than the fantasy-filled Otome, I give the darkness award to them. Otome was dark though, I'll admit this. Erstin dies, leaving Arika and Nina to start their bitter rivalry. That is until Arika decides to play Sailor Moon (Post-Midori inspiration) and tries to save Nina, rather than kill her.

ShizNao fan, eh? Why not start a thread for the ship, so we can discuss it. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:24 am

you have a point i just wish she would have come back in Otome, so we could have a lover for Nina Razz i like that paring. i just saw everyone so much more seriously in Otome, Natsuki and WOW Midori! she went from drunk funny person to serious leader.

haha i wouldn't want the *NatNao* people to get angry at me. i just can't see those two together and i can't see natsuki with anyone other than Shizuru but i CAN see shizuru with me so... plus it's strangely sexy, isn't it? their dirty minds could come up with countless situations.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

LOL I would love Nina and Erstin as a couple. It would remind me a lot of ShizNat, except with an uke version of Shizuru (Erstin). Nina is so much like Natsuki, it's scary. Yeah! There are times I like Otome more for that reason. HiME does have more emotion with it's characters, but Otome has the amazing story on a grander scale. Everything confined to Fuuka Academy made Mai HiME not have much "scope" in it's visuals and vast atmosphere. Mai-Otome was a fictional Earth with more fantasy elements and that speaks to me more. It also feels more like a superhero show with Arika as the zero-to-hero protagonist.

Maybe it was the drama CD special and their time together in Otome (when they were on the lam from Nagi's goons), but I can't see Nao with Natsuki as a couple. Natsuki did protect Nao from Shizuru in Mai-HiME and that's it. ^^; Dirty minds indeed come up with countless situations. And who has the dirtiest mind in the Mai-series?

Spoiler:

^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:13 am

in 'after the festival' Nao calls Kuga-san a lesbian ;3
the spider queen is just telling the facts -laughs-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 pm

i always saw Erstin as a young Shizuru, i'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking that. Otome was more realistic based on the future earth thing. like in Hime, why is no one freaking out about the strange things going on? haha

but i can't see Nao with Natsuki for the one fact that they clash so much and same personality's don't go together in relationships. i can see Nao trying to get back at Shizuru by making her an Uke but failing and ending up on bottom and liking it Wink

after all, Nao is in the closet you know.

Nao = FACTS!
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:like in Hime, why is no one freaking out about the strange things going on? haha

XD That's a better question for the Mai-HiME mangaverse. The anime was more realistic with Yukino trying to keep the incidents a secret. The manga was more random with the school knowing who the HiME are and not caring about the titanic sized battles that go on. Just another normal fuckingg day at Fuuka, I guess.

RedEyedWolf wrote:but i can't see Nao with Natsuki for the one fact that they clash so much and same personality's don't go together in relationships.

I agree. I can't date a clone of myself, otherwise I'd get really bored. ^^; Happened before. I need someone who loves different things and does things differently in general. More discovery that way.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 pm

well the Manga sucked in that way haha

see thus is why i love ShizNao, they don't get along because they are truly different and that works the best, she's like a younger sluttyer Natsuki Wink
i always tell people i wouldn't date myself. i would just end up cheating on myself haha
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:see thus is why i love ShizNao, they don't get along because they are truly different and that works the best, she's like a younger sluttyer Natsuki Wink

Nao is a younger sluttier Natsuki? XD Yeah, if Natsuki enjoyed tormenting pedos, soldiers and horny teenagers.

Great news btw. Okay, maybe not but sorta. Check your PM.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 am

haha i checked it.

it was like how Natsuki could have turned out, they have similar pasts
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:29 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:haha i checked it.

it was like how Natsuki could have turned out, they have similar pasts

I guess that's true. Nao was able to hide her bitterness in a more convincing manner. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 pm

where as Kuga just threw her anger all over the place haha
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:41 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:where as Kuga just threw her anger all over the place haha

Bah. Kuga's just all bark and no bite. ;P Okay, I take that back. She did nail Takeda with a kendo stick after a typical "misunderstanding". The biggest cliche in anime/manga. :lol:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 pm

i never did like Takeda and i'm pretty sure when me and my friends were watching it we all cheered at that part
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:i never did like Takeda and i'm pretty sure when me and my friends were watching it we all cheered at that part

Me neither. I don't hate Takeda, he's just...there. The guy is no Reito.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 pm

he just was in the wrong place at the wrong time... all of the time lol
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Takeda does become cool in Mai-HiME Destiny as a villain. XD Best thing they could ever do for the character. Yes, his Mai-HiME incarnation is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Takeda: Yo, Kuga! Sup? *blush*

Natsuki: *breaks his nose with a nice manly right hook* YOUR MOTHER!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:47 pm

still annoying in destiny but he did get somewhat cooler, i will agree Wink

hahaha! you're dialog seriously had me laughing so hard just now! X3
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Wanna know someone from Mai-HiME Destiny who increased in coolness?

hime - Mai-HiME/Otome/Destiny Drama CDs Discussion Shizurudestiny

Tell me that's NOT sexy. >_< Dare you.

:lol: What's so funny, giggle panties? It's true! No matter what Takeda says or does, Natsuki has to be a dyke about it. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next