Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

+20
shezaei-neko
Natsukichan1
IlliterateKoi
Bluholic711
NazrinTsunMouse
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
SpiralDasher
Valkyria Lightning
SulliMike23
depression76
ookamidesu
TeaLover
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
mandygirl78
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
Aurora-stylus
24 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

yuri - ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 2 Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:13 am

depression76 wrote:The world needs more Yuri. Yaoi and Shonen ai has a laaarrrgeee rabid fanbase, us yuri-lovers shouldn't lose to them.

There's just something about manliness and bishonen that's bigger than girl on girl love. I'll never understand it. Blame the severe heterosexuality. ;p Okay, okay, I do like Dragon Ball Z (to some degree) and enjoy the shipping of Nuriko x Hotohori from Fushigi Yuugi, but yuri is in the minority and could use more attention. Our very Mai-fandom is centered around it...most of the time. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

yuri - ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ - Page 2 Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by Valkyria Lightning Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 am

depression76 wrote:The world needs more Yuri. Yaoi and Shonen ai has a laaarrrgeee rabid fanbase, us yuri-lovers shouldn't lose to them.

Damn right! I grow so effing tired of totally obsessed Yaoi-fangirls, really >__>; Had enough intercourses with them, it makes me wanna use Thor's hammer and slam their heads into the ground like pins!!!!
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Narsilia wrote:

Damn right! I grow so effing tired of totally obsessed Yaoi-fangirls, really >__>; Had enough intercourses with them, it makes me wanna use Thor's hammer and slam their heads into the ground like pins!!!!

LOL.

I only know about 2 yaoi-fans... if that... ^-^;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Narsilia wrote:Damn right! I grow so effing tired of totally obsessed Yaoi-fangirls, really >__>; Had enough intercourses with them, it makes me wanna use Thor's hammer and slam their heads into the ground like pins!!!!

No need to get violent, Narsi-chan. ;p Even if we do get Reito x Nagi or Nagi x Sergay shippers at Mai-Multiverse, we will welcome them with open arms. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Narsilia wrote:Damn right! I grow so effing tired of totally obsessed Yaoi-fangirls, really >__>; Had enough intercourses with them, it makes me wanna use Thor's hammer and slam their heads into the ground like pins!!!!

No need to get violent, Narsi-chan. ;p Even if we do get Reito x Nagi or Nagi x Sergay shippers at Mai-Multiverse, we will welcome them with open arms. Arika Yumemiya

Lol yep yep got that right. Everything's fine in moderation, those yaoi fangirls would be awesome if they know how to draw the line, heck my sis is one xDD

anyway, not to get too off topic, yay for Nanoha being a Yuri anime! LOL. apparently,there are loads of homophobes that refused to see Nanoha and Fate as a couple...for each their own I guess...
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 pm

depression76 wrote:anyway, not to get too off topic, yay for Nanoha being a Yuri anime! LOL. apparently,there are loads of homophobes that refused to see Nanoha and Fate as a couple...for each their own I guess...

That's just silly.
They foster a child together... XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 am

depression76 wrote:anyway, not to get too off topic, yay for Nanoha being a Yuri anime! LOL. apparently,there are loads of homophobes that refused to see Nanoha and Fate as a couple...for each their own I guess...

*mumbles* If I had a penny for every time I saw a comment on YouTube regarding a Conservative redneck and how he/she feels about ShizNat...I'd have a lot of pennies.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

*mumbles* If I had a penny for every time I saw a comment on YouTube regarding a Conservative redneck and how he/she feels about ShizNat...I'd have a lot of pennies.
I maybe a conservative myself, but even I support homosexual couples.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Look, I am an open-minded person and I'm surely not going to rip someone else's head off because he likes stuff that I don't like. Not everybody can have the same taste on this world, and that's a good thing, because it grants variety. So, in this aspect, I accept and tolerate people's opinions and let them be, because they have a right to be like that.

It just depends on how people come towards me. and if they start with stuff like "Oh fuck Yuri, it's so DISGUSTING! But Yaoi is soooo~ kawaii desu ne!" (there are more extreme cases of real flaming. And I had that in real), I really want to split their skulls in half ._.; I'm surely not the person who walks over to a yaoi-fan and tell him/her "OMG that's sooo disgusting, because Yuri is so much mooore kawaii *__* "... you know what I mean?

I used to like Yaoi as well. It was just that kind of fangirls that made me avoid that topic.

---

and eeh, back to topic?

At the moment I read "Sasameki Koto" - really amazing story, I love it! (thanks to Dye! I didn't know this one before. Austrian/german market isn't really spoiled with Shôjo ai/Yuri- not enough artists who contribute... o.o )
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Narsilia wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Look, I am an open-minded person and I'm surely not going to rip someone else's head off because he likes stuff that I don't like. Not everybody can have the same taste on this world, and that's a good thing, because it grants variety. So, in this aspect, I accept and tolerate people's opinions and let them be, because they have a right to be like that.

It just depends on how people come towards me. and if they start with stuff like "Oh fuck Yuri, it's so DISGUSTING! But Yaoi is soooo~ kawaii desu ne!" (there are more extreme cases of real flaming. And I had that in real), I really want to split their skulls in half ._.; I'm surely not the person who walks over to a yaoi-fan and tell him/her "OMG that's sooo disgusting, because Yuri is so much mooore kawaii *__* "... you know what I mean?

I used to like Yaoi as well. It was just that kind of fangirls that made me avoid that topic.

---

and eeh, back to topic?

At the moment I read "Sasameki Koto" - really amazing story, I love it! (thanks to Dye! I didn't know this one before. Austrian/german market isn't really spoiled with Shôjo ai/Yuri- not enough artists who contribute... o.o )

That's a very unique mindset. It's not exactly homophobia but it kinda is. ^-^;
I mean, seriously? It's only okay for one gender to love someone of the same gender, but not for the other? -_-;

And you are very welcome. If I think of something else, I will let you know :3
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Someone on the Mai-Multiverse facebook group brought up CandyBoy and it's incest yuri. ^^; Any thoughts or opinions on that? Personally, I don't fancy a relationship like that, but I feel the biggest sin CandyBoy committed was being really boring. ^^ Try Kuttsukiboshi instead, people. ;p Unfair comparison (sorta), I know.

WHERE'S THAT SECOND EPISODE!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Someone on the Mai-Multiverse facebook group brought up CandyBoy and it's incest yuri. ^^; Any thoughts or opinions on that? Personally, I don't fancy a relationship like that, but I feel the biggest sin CandyBoy committed was being really boring. ^^ Try Kuttsukiboshi instead, people. ;p Unfair comparison (sorta), I know.

WHERE'S THAT SECOND EPISODE!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?

[shrugs]
The subtle power struggle in Candy Boy is kind of interesting, don't you think? I would have liked to see more of the youngest sister. Her story would probably be more interesting. ^-^;

As for Kuttsukiboshi... waiting on that second episode...
...do we not have a "waiting impatiently" emoticon?

ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 am

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Yuruyuri is a new shoujo-ai title that just finished up recently.

It's like K-ON, but without the instrument element. ^^
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:56 am

ookamidesu wrote:[shrugs]
The subtle power struggle in Candy Boy is kind of interesting, don't you think? I would have liked to see more of the youngest sister. Her story would probably be more interesting. ^-^;

As for Kuttsukiboshi... waiting on that second episode...
...do we not have a "waiting impatiently" emoticon?

Pfft, I've seen things move quicker in Maria-sama ga Miteru. At least Marimite can captivate my attention, Candy Boy is just too dull for my tastes. ^^;

Not unless you can find a suitable one for me to upload. ;3

SpiralDasher wrote:I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but Yuruyuri is a new shoujo-ai title that just finished up recently.

It's like K-ON, but without the instrument element. ^^

Ooh! Better give that one a try! K-On's best moments happened away from the instrument aspect of the series, so this Yuruyuri is icing on the cake. Thanks, Dash. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Pfft, I've seen things move quicker in Maria-sama ga Miteru. At least Marimite can captivate my attention, Candy Boy is just too dull for my tastes. ^^;
I think this is the first anime series we've both seen that I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on liking =p

I love Candy Boy~
Absolutely love and adore it. It's one of my fave yuri anime series. I love the pace of it, the emotions the two leads show for one another, and the colour and vibrancy of the scenes and supporting characters. Candy Boy is a treat to watch, and considering the episodes are short, I've watched it many times~ =3

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Pfft, I've seen things move quicker in Maria-sama ga Miteru. At least Marimite can captivate my attention, Candy Boy is just too dull for my tastes. ^^;
I think this is the first anime series we've both seen that I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on liking =p

I love Candy Boy~
Absolutely love and adore it. It's one of my fave yuri anime series. I love the pace of it, the emotions the two leads show for one another, and the colour and vibrancy of the scenes and supporting characters. Candy Boy is a treat to watch, and considering the episodes are short, I've watched it many times~ =3
Candy Boy is just a hit or miss. I still can't decide if I like the anime better... or the manga.
^-^;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 am

Yuri-chan just remembered there was a manga upon reading your post yesterday. xD I never knew it existed. Hope it holds my interest better than the anime did. Slow pacing is more tolerated in manga reading. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Yuri-chan just remembered there was a manga upon reading your post yesterday. xD I never knew it existed. Hope it holds my interest better than the anime did. Slow pacing is more tolerated in manga reading. :)
Yup, here it is ^^

http://www.mangareader.net/1388/candy-boy.html

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 pm

There's one Manga that I read that I think folks here will enjoy. It's called "Octave", and it's a really awesome yuri manga. It's about starting over and finding love in the most unexpected places. The two main characters are characters I think many people will relate to these days and their love story is quite complex.

I recommend it to anyone willing to read it.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:56 pm

I only sampled Octave around the time it came out. Provide some links? :) I'm just as lazy as ookamidesu. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I only sampled Octave around the time it came out. Provide some links? :) I'm just as lazy as ookamidesu. Akira Okuzaki

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/octave/

Lol. I'm not THAT lazy. Razz
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I only sampled Octave around the time it came out. Provide some links? :) I'm just as lazy as ookamidesu. Akira Okuzaki

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/octave/

Lol. I'm not THAT lazy. Razz

>:3 Muchas gracias and yes, yes you are. Akira Okuzaki *steals link and vanishes* Poof.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:33 pm

So what do you think so far Luu?
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm going to add the anime Yuru Yuri to this list. There is a manga as well, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 am

SulliMike23 wrote:So what do you think so far Luu?

It's too early for a proper review with proper chapter and character plugs. I will say that I am enjoying it so far, I was kinda expecting it to be melodramatic on the highest level, when it's very down to earth. Probably one of the best yuri reads for a person of my age in a long time. Kinda tired of the over-the-top yuri in everything else I took a glance at lately.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next