Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

+20
shezaei-neko
Natsukichan1
IlliterateKoi
Bluholic711
NazrinTsunMouse
ATHENAx514
Yuri-hime
SpiralDasher
Valkyria Lightning
SulliMike23
depression76
ookamidesu
TeaLover
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
mandygirl78
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
Aurora-stylus
24 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ Empty ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by Aurora-stylus Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi hi! ^-^
Anyone here if you are yuri fan I hope this information would help.
Ren Cha(me) and our Japanese friends , we collected this profiles since about a year ago but there is still up-to-date.

These are lists of all Yuri Anime,Manga and Fiction.
We have watched some of them.
So we want to recommend you just one (which we think "you should watch/read" ) only.
We will rank them by [♥] a heart symbol/ [♥♥♥♥♥] = Perfect
Here we go! ^o^

ps : if some of our short reviews aren't get along with your opinions.
I am really sorry for that >.< I understand it's depend on one's perspective.

Main Story according to Yuri

* 12 Days
* Akai Ito
* Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo
* Anata to Scandal
* Aoi Hana (http://www.aoihana.tv/)
::: Slightly boring :::
* Blue
* Blue Drop
* Candy Boy (http://candyboy.jp/) [♥♥♥]
::: Pretty yuri story about twin incest sisters ; Sakurai Yukino and Sakurai Kanade; :::
The story is involved around the relationship's development of pretty faced twins

Sakurai Yukino is the older twin and big sister of Sakurai family - yeah the twins also have a younger sister too - with her long light brown hair, her loving snacks and other moe personalities; it can't be anymore obvious that she is understood to be the uke in the series. The voice actress of Yukino is Yuzuki Ryoka whose earlier roles include Momioka Lisa from To Love-Ru, Suzushiro Haruka and Haruka Armitage from Mai-Hime and Mai Otome series

Sakurai Kanade, the younger twin, whose personality is mature than Yukino is the seme one. She is popular among younger girls like Kamiyama Sakuya (a freshman), Sakurai Shizuka who is her own younger sister and Kanade is sure loved by Yukino. Kanade's voice actress is the famous Nabatame Hitomi who has been jokingly having her own harem which include other female seiyuu such as Ito Shizuka (whom Nabatame has recently married to), Noto Mamiko and Koshimizu Ami. Her notable roles are Hanazono Shizuma from Strawberry Panic, Kanu Unchou from Ikkitousen, Ise Nanao from Bleach and Shizuka in Queen's Blade (along with Noto Mamiko)

* Chirality
* Claudine...!
* Devil Lady
* El Cazador de la Bruja
* First Love Sisters
* Girl Friends [♥♥♥]
::: This manga has been published in "Yuri Hime Magazine". It's a quite popular one. :::
* Girls' Life
* Girls' Revolution
* Hayate X Blade
* Hanjuku Joshi [♥♥♥♥♥]
::: Romantic manga which also published in "Yuri Hime Magazine". The story was about teenager girls who developed their love together. I like it too. So pretty one :::
* Hen [♥♥♥♥]
::: Old one. In my opinion, it's just the first part of yuri story in this manga was well-done work. ::: but if you ask me (CONTAINING SPOILERS) i really don't remember if they end up being together or not but one of them has a baby O.O

* Ice
* Iono-sama Fanatics
* Kannazuki no Miko (http://www.kannaduki.info/) (manga link) [♥♥♥♥♥] is a must seen yuri anime of this century.
::: A tragedy love story of a yuri couple ;Himemiya Chikane and Kurusugawa Himeko; who have been in love with each other in their earlier past lives. What will happen if one of them remembers her past life and the other doesn't and seems to have affections towards Ookami Soma, the male protagonist instead?
KnM is a love story which you certainly do not know whether the 2 female protagonists will be happily ever after at the end or not. it's not just about everyday average love triangle drama thing because it is spiced up by fighting scenes but what sucks is that there are some actual meccas involved and don't expect much out of their mecca designs.

if you're a yuri in real life, you are guaranteed might have to be annoyed by the male protagonist in the series, but trust me it is definitely worth your time to put up with that Ookami Soma guy and see how Kannazuki no Miko comes up with the end

Himemiya Chikane, a beautiful highschool student from a rich family is the seme one with long bluish hair. she is elegant, good in everything, reliable, determined, mature and gentle. (whatever good words there are to describe how she's like - oh yeah i forgot the word PERFECT and it isn't even overexaggerated!) i still remember when i finished watching the series, the fans including me were like OMG Chikane sama is sugoi! sugoi! we love her etc anyway, Chikane is voiced by famous voice actress Kawasumi Ayako whose notable roles are Saber from Fate/Stay Night, Noda Megumi from Nodame Cantabile, Reina from Queen's Blade and Alice from Pandora Hearts.

Kurusugawa Himeko, a light hair girl - the uke one - is certainly not everybody's favorite yuri character. despite her personality of being a timid, moe, having a kind and good heart and um .. being the girl next door in japanese culture? this character is not as interesting or cool as Chikane

Ookami Soma is a good looking male student of the school which he attends along with Chikane and Himeko. He has a thing for Himeko and tries to protect her from those harmful villains .. now i remember when i looked through a webboard and there was a guy posting, "i like Ookami Soma. he is a pretty decent guy but obviously he is in the WRONG anime series" well, fellas all i can say is "you bet he is!"

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora

Himegami (http://www.himegami.com/) will release on 2010 or... ??

* Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
* Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo
* Love My Life
* Maka-Maka
* Maria-sama ga Miteru (http://www.gokigenyou.com/) [♥♥♥ ]
::: Milden yuri story in Lillian Catholic school for girls. Classic yuri of highschool girls! :::

* Miyuki-chan in Wonderland [♥♥♥]
::: Old one from CLAMP group. The character designs are nice and cute. :::

* Oniisama e...
* Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi- and
Queen's Blade - Gyokuza no Tsugumono [♥♥♥] released this year ,2009

::: Action and super sexy ! but the story line isn't good. :::

* Pietà
* Read or Dream
* Revolutionary Girl Utena (link US lisenced) [♥♥♥♥♥]

::: Most famous one among 90'century period until now. Utena (main character) who
combined beautiful and forceful into herself, always be an idol for all yuri fans !
The last scenes made us all cried like a crazy babies. :::

Despite having the same director with Sailor Moon S ( Ikuhara Kunihiko ), the plot, the elements and settings of this series are unquestionably unique not only because the author Saito Chiho was inspired by The Rose of Versailles aka Lady Oscar but the story is about a young girl whom has been impressed by a prince and from then on, she decided to become a prince herself in order to save those who are in need of help.

* Sasameki Koto
::: released this year ; 2009 :::
* Shiroi Heya no Futari
* Shōjo Sect [♥]
::: Rate R15+ :::
* Simoun [♥♥♥♥♥]
::: kissing :::
* Steel Angel Kurumi 2

* Strawberry Panic! (http://web.archive.org/web/20080208074604/www.strawberrypanic.com/) [♥♥♥♥♥]
::: My favorite one! Many yuri couples in the story. Fantastic character designs. Delicious! :::

* Strawberry Shake Sweet [♥♥♥♥♥+]
::: Comedy and romance manga story about ;Julia and Ran;. Very funny and cutiest couple.
This one also has been published in "Yuri Hime Magazine" since volumn 1 :::

* Stray Little Devil
* Tetragrammaton Labyrinth
* The Last Uniform
* The Sword of Paros
* Voiceful
* Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito

Part of Story according to Yuri

* .hack//Sign
* Ace o Nerae!
* Agent Aika
* Air Master
* Angel/Dus
* Azumanga Daioh
* Battle Athletes Victory
* Bubblegum Crisis
* Burst Angel [♥♥]
::: Action style. Good animated in battle scenes. :::

* Cardcaptor Sakura [♥]
::: Soft relationship between friends and the main story was enjoyable. :::

* Canaan (link) [♥♥♥ just in episode 1-3] released this year , 2009
::: I recommend you watching it only in episode 1-3. ^-^ There was fantastic one. :::

* Choir!
* Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (link) [♥♥♥♥♥]

::: This anime is very famous and won best anime-award in the year they released.
The story is nice and interesting. The yuri couple in this anime is a
relationship between elder sister and younger sister. Drama Action and Mecha included.Great anime one! :::
Sequel > Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

* Confidential Confessions
* Cosplay Complex
* Cutie Honey
* Doki Doki School Hours
* El-Hazard
* Excel Saga
* Family Complex
* Fight! Iczer One
* Futari wa Pretty Cure
* Ga-rei and Ga-rei zero [♥♥♥♥] (http://www.ga-rei.jp/)
:::: released this year, 2009 ::::

* Girls Bravo
* Godannar
* Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite
* He is my Master
* High School Girls
* Ikki Tousen (link) [♥♥]
::: Action story, loosely based on the classic "Chinese novel Romance of the "Three Kingdoms". :::
Sequel > Dragon Destiny (2007) , Great Guardian (2008)

* Kaleido Star
* Kaguyahime

* Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora (link) [♥♥]
::: Sequel from "Kannazuki no Miko" but the yuri roles were remained just few part from main story.
Anyway they are still be a cute couple who needed to "kiss" for drained the power! :::

* Lady Snowblood
* Loveless
* Madlax [♥]
::: I prefer their soundtracks which composed by Yuki Kajiura (from Mai-series). :::

* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (link) [♥♥]
::: I've not been watched this one clearly. This anime is popular one but it's not my style, so I feel so-so about it. :::

* Maze
* Mnemosyne [failed!]
* My-HiME [♥♥♥♥♥+♥!] OH YEAH!!!
and * My-Otome [♥♥♥♥♥]

::: Even if the stories contained yuri just some part of section from the main theme but
; Natsuki and Shizuru; are unbelievable wonderful couple.
They became the most favorite yuri couple for all yuri fans.
The concept of story was perfectly be matched and hinted.
And not only this main couple , there are more other yuri relationship couples in the story also. :::
Sequel > My-Otome Zwei , My-Otome S.ifr

舞-HiME (Mai-HiME)

Sunrise, Inc.
Director : Masakazu Obara
Design : Hisayuki Hirokazu
Original Work : Yatate Hajime
Music : Kajiura Yuki

On TV Tokyo from September 2004 to March 2005

「舞」まい (mai) = "Dance" in Japanese , the name of main actress (Tokiha Mai) and "Mai" is homonym of "My" too.

「HiME」 「姫」ひめ (hime) = "Princess" in Japanese , 「Highly-advanced Materialising Equipment」

舞-HiME (Mai-HiME) = 「舞姫」 Mai-Hime (Princess who dancing) , My-Hime (My princess) , My-HiME (My Highly-advanced Materialising Equipment)

舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome)

Sunrise, Inc.
Director : Masakazu Obara
Design : Hisayuki Hirokazu
Original Work : Yatate Hajime
Music : Kajiura Yuki

On TV Tokyo from October 6, 2005 - March 30, 2006

「舞」まい (mai) = "Dance" in Japanese , the name of main actress (Tokiha Mai) and "Mai" is homonym of "My" too.

「Otome」 「乙女」おとめ (otome) = "Daughter, young lady, virgin, maiden"

舞 -乙HiME (Mai-Otome) = 「舞乙女」 Mai-Otome (Young lady or Maiden who dancing) , My-Otome (My young lady or maiden)

* Najica Blitz Tactics
* Negima!: Magister Negi Magi [♥♥♥]
and Negima!?
::: The yuri couple in this anime and manga is cute. Main story is fun and easy-going. :::

* Ninin Ga Shinobuden
* Noir [♥]
* Project A-ko
* Puni Puni Poemy
* Rakka Ryūsui
* Red Garden
* R.O.D the TV
* S.S. Astro
* Sailor Moon [♥♥♥♥♥+♥]

::: Legendary bishoujo anime. I love this anime since I was 8 years old and
they gave me all nice inspiration things!
;Haruka and Michiru; are most beautiful couple until recently days. :::
Sequel > Sailormoon R, Sailormoon S (most yuri than others), Sailormoon SuperS,
Sailormoon Star, Movies and OVAs.

* Sakura no Sono
* Saki released this year 2009
* Seraphim Call
* Sasami: Magical Girls Club

* Sora Kake GIRLS (http://www.sorakake.net/) [♥♥♥♥] released this year 2009
::: Story about girls and mechanic air-crafted. Nice effects and some characters are so cute. :::
same company with Mai-series (Hobby)

* Stellvia of the Universe
* Steel Angel Kurumi
* Stratos 4
* Strawberry Marshmallow
* Strike Witches [x]
* Sukeban Deka
* Tactical Roar
* The Rose of Versailles
* Toaru Kagaku no Railgun [♥♥] released this year , 2009
* Touka Gettan
* Ultimate Girls
* Uta Kata
* Vampire Princess Miyu
* Venus Versus Virus [x]
* Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō

Yuri anime - coming soon in 2010

* Sono Hanabira (visual game)
* Himegami (sequel from Kannazuki no Miko)

- - - - - -

Hope you like it.
^-^ will update again if we know anything new.
Also if anyone have watched/read any anime or manga and think there is yuri included
Let's share together >.<

Last edited by Charcoal on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aurora-stylus
Aurora-stylus
Mai-Artist
Mai-Artist

Bubuzuke points : 64
Armitage GUTS!!! : 29

http://aurora-stylus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Before I say anything else, your opinions are important and we respect them here. ^_^ The differences are what makes us special.

With that said, you listed a lot of my favorite anime/manga series. I love yuri, but not so much because it's a lesbian romance. It's the wonderful stories surrounding the lesbian romance which compliments it. The chemistry between the two women, what brought them together, the circumstances that caused them to break apart for a short time. These are the elements that make a great dynamic relationship for our reading pleasure. I believe Hachiru and ShizNat have done that best and they're only two examples.

You've given a lot of my series fair ratings. One heart for Noir and Madlax? T_T That's okay, it's not about the yuriness with them. It was more about the epic story and uncovering the past.

I noticed Simoun wasn't rated yet. O_O You haven't seen it yet, Cha-Chan? You guys (all of you) HAVE to see Simoun, you haven't lived until you've done so.

For my own heart rating, Simoun gets: [♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️]
It's that good, trust me. The story is powerful and so controversial (unless you're a person of great acceptance), you will question it a lot. I love you And bow down the beautiful Dominura-sama. <3

I'll go over the others you listed (the ones I know lol) later.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ Empty Re: ♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥

Post by Aurora-stylus Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 pm

>.< I'm sorry this lists are making for just for yuriness so the ♥ would depend on how good for their yuriness. ^^
Not on the whole anime. ( My Japanese friends decided about this )

Actually the best thing, I agree with you for 100% !

With that said, you listed a lot of my favorite anime/manga series. I love yuri, but not so much because it's a lesbian romance. It's the wonderful stories surrounding the lesbian romance which compliments it. The chemistry between the two women, what brought them together, the circumstances that caused them to break apart for a short time. These are the elements that make a great dynamic relationship for our reading pleasure. I believe Hachiru and ShizNat have done that best and they're only two examples

^-^
Aurora-stylus
Aurora-stylus
Mai-Artist
Mai-Artist

Bubuzuke points : 64
Armitage GUTS!!! : 29

http://aurora-stylus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Charcoal wrote:>.< I'm sorry this lists are making for just for yuriness so the ♥️ would depend on how good for their yuriness. ^^
Not on the whole anime. ( My Japanese friends decided about this )
Actually the best thing, I agree with you for 100% !

OH! LOL I'm sorry, I must of misread...@_@ Yuri levels are quite high on our favorites like Sailor Moon and Mai-HIME/Otome. Aside from Hachiru, I'm fond of Aluminum Siren and Lead Crow-sama. <3 They were never an official couple, but they have an amazing chemistry. :oops:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

Long post will be long ö.ö

I will just write something to the ones from your list that I know (doesn't mean that I read / watched it yet), Cha ^__^ (I can tell that I will be busy with all the other titles XDDD)

SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS btw. o.o

* Aoi Hana: (Sweet Blue Flowers) I am reading the manga and I like it, but not so much as other titles. uhh, and I just finished watching the anime yesterday. You know I always got confused with all the characters in the manga and then we always have to wait one month for the next chap and you forgot everything what happend in the last chap (except the things between A-chan and Fumi XD), so I am glad that I watched the anime now, because I have a better overview now XD (only to a certain chap, but oh well~). I am thinking about rereading the manga, but I don't want to do it 'till the manga has ended, haha.
umm, yeah, shoujo-ai here, no yuri.

* Blue Drop: Can't remember too much. I love Hagino. Good anime >.<

* Candy Boy: What?? Yukino has the same voice actress as Haruka?? XDDDD Never noticed it. And Kana-chan's spoke Shizuma-sama, too?? o_o Oh man....
Yeah, well, I really enjoyed the anime. It's extremly cute :3 I don't like the manga so much, same goes for the other Candy Boy manga (Young Girls Fall in Love).

* Chirality: Never read this one o.o I actually forgot why XDD

* Devil Lady: (Devilman Lady) On my to-watch-list 'till some years now. Yeah, I know...

* El Cazador de la Bruja: Same goes for this one *sigh*

* First Love Sisters: (Hatsukoi Shimai) LOVE LOVE LOVE! XD Great manga. I totally enjoyed reading it :3

* Girl Friends: BAM! Do I really have to say anything to it?? ;3 Only one chapter left, makes me a little bit sad ;_;

* Hayate X Blade: uhh... I know the title, but can't classify it right now o.o

* Hanjuku Joshi: Morishima Akiko ftw.! ;_; I LOVE her. This manga is one of my two favourites of her. Mari is so awesome :3
MUST READ! ;P

* Hen: haha. You know there is a short anime, too?? XD Of course I like the manga more. I am not a huge fan of the drawing style, but the story was nice and it was LONG <3
(You are right with her guess in the spoiler btw. ;D)

* Ice: It's an OVA, right?? I should rewatch it XP I liked it.

* Iono-sama Fanatics: Just stumbled over it for some months. It was pretty nice and funny, too :3

* Kannazuki no Miko: The manga is much more yuri than the anime. I like the anime more o.o Well, the mechas are okay, maybe it would be one of my favourite animes without the mechas, but who knows?? XP
I love Chikane :3 and I think Himeko can be annoying ;P

* Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora: I watched it one time and I still don't know, if Kaon (Chikane in KnM) and Himiko (Himeko in KnM) were worth it. I was so annoyed of Kuu and her "Ouji-sama" Rolling Eyes But yeah, it is a nice anime...

* Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl: I still didn't finished reading the manga yet o.o Well, I started reading the manga, but I couldn't find any more chapters, so I watched the anime then XD Now I have the missing chapters, but I still don't want to read it again *shrug*

* Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo: There is a English name for it, too, but I am too lazy right now to search for it ;P Nice, nothing more to say about this one ö.ö

* Love My Life: It's a calmer manga... I actually have no idea, how I could describe it. It's a "yeah, that's how life is"-manga, I think. I liked it a lot.

* Maka-Maka: Yuri, yuri, yuri + some normal hentai??

* Maria-sama ga Miteru: ;P I started watching the anime, I really did, but I dropped it. It's actually on my "never want to watch / read this"-list, so come and kill me ;P Maybe I will think about it again ;P

* Miyuki-chan in Wonderland: Oh, well... *shrug* Don't think that it was special o.o

* Oniisama e...: O_O Sounds so familiar, but I never read / watched it.

* Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi- and Queen's Blade - Gyokuza no Tsugumono:
Queen's Blade: Hide and Seek please?? :3 As I wrote somewhere in this forum before: After the first season I could die after seeing so many Melons @__@ The like the second season more and I am looking forward SOMEHOW to Queen's Blade: Utsukushiki Toushitachi o.o
But we all know that the manga is much better, right?? ;D

* Pietà: I read it, but I can't remember anything right now Ö_Ö

* Read or Dream: Nice whatever to Read or Die. So if you are a fan of RoD, go read it ;P

* Revolutionary Girl Utena: The thread ;D

* Sasameki Koto: The manga, which made me go crazy XD Well, I am used to it now. I was pretty impressed that they did so a great job with the anime o.o Thread :3

* Shiroi Heya no Futari: English name?? I read it, not more XD

* Shōjo Sect: (Innocent lovers) Only one heart here?? o_o It's full of yuri! I love the manga :3 The OVA was good, too, but too short D;

* Simoun: Well, it's Simoun~ XDD

* Strawberry Panic!: Anime > Manga?? Not sure. I want the other manga chapters, dammit! >0<

* Strawberry Shake Sweet: o_o Never read it. Is it really this good??

* Tetragrammaton Labyrinth: On my to-read-list :0

* Voiceful: I have a question here: Have you read more than 2 chaps yet??

* Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito: <3 One of my favourite animes o_O I should make a thread to it XP Oh, and I didn't read the manga, just looked over it XDD

* .hack//Sign: Actually not on my to-watch-list o_O

* Agent Aika: LOL.

* Air Master: I should put it on my to-watch-list again xp I forogt about it.

* Angel/Dus: (Angel Dust??) I can't remember, if I read it or if I didn't ö.ö

* Azumanga Daioh: umm, well... can't remember why I stopped reading it.

* Burst Angel: Dropped.

* Cardcaptor Sakura: huh?? Why CCS?? XD

* Canaan: I actually was disappointed :/

* Choir!: Can't remember again XD

* Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: What?? XDDD Really??

* Futari wa Pretty Cure: Yepp, never watched it ;P

* Ga-rei (manga) and Ga-rei zero (anime): uhh, I write it like this "Ga-Rei -Zero-", don't know why XD GRZ <3 I loved GRZ. You won't believe me, but I didn't like it, when Yomi and Kagura kissed. I didn't like the whole epi... Well, the manga isn't this good as the anime. My opinion ;D

* Girls Bravo: ay, never watched it. Is it good??

* He is my Master: Why is this on the list?? XD

* Lady Snowblood: It's an intresting manga, I didn't read all of it o.o There is only a little bit yuri in it.

* Loveless: Basically shonen-ai, except our great couple :3 I only watched the epis with them XD

* Madlax: What to say?? XD

* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: <333 LOVE! XDD I needed to kick myself in the ass before I started watching it and I am so glad I did :3

* Mnemosyne: "failed"?? o_o Why??

I don't have to say anything to Mai HiME and Mai Otome, do I?? XP

* Najica Blitz Tactics: Same "LOL." I wrote by Aika :3

* Negima!: Magister Negi Magi and Negima!?: I am reading the manga, but not because of Setsuna and Konoka XD I like the mangaka, that was the main reason :3 Kono and Setsuna are just some extras : D

* Noir: It's NOIR, NOIR!!!!! XD

* Red Garden: That looks interesting o.o Is it good??

* R.O.D the TV: + R.O.D. the OVA = <3 Great anime is great :3

* Sailor Moon: Yes, I still only know the manga.

* Saki: I want a continuation ;_;

* The Rose of Versailles: On teh to-watch-list

* Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: I am still not sure, if I want to watch it ö.ö

* Touka Gettan: "o_O" would be enough to describe this anime. It's from the same whatever, who did Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito.

* Uta Kata: Haven't watched it yet.

* Venus Versus Virus: Except you know what I mean when you have watched it, it's a nice anime :3

---

uff, Kino is dead now @__@
I am trying to post the other shouji-ai / yuri mangas / animes I know the next time!

PS.: I am too exhausted to look for grammar mistakes this time ö.ö
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm confused by the LOLz next to Aika and Najica. Do intentionally panty shots amuse you? ^_^

OMG, The Rose of Versailles. T_T Why is one of the all time great classic series not re-released on DVD?!

My roommate still has the complete DVD set of Kashimashi, I need to finish it. All I remember is a little dude who never shows his eyes (kinda like Nodoka from Negima) suddenly dies and becomes a girl because of an alien? ^^; I hope I got this right.

* Simoun: Well, it's Simoun~ XDD

>_< Curse this world and it's people.

Girl Friends...I keep seeing it often on my friend yurigirl's blog. How is it?:

http://myanimemangacollections.blogspot.com/search?zx=5c77d99c63ee83b5

^ Shameless plug, but this one is very important. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Luu, thank you for the site, I just spoiled myself with Octave -_- In the middle of it I let out a loud "ahh" and stopped reading. No spoilers for Octave please ;_;
Yeah, I know, it's not your fault, sorry. I should ignore this site now ;_;

I call Aika and Najica in German "Schlüpferanimes", which would mean something like "panty animes" ;D I never watched it seriously, but yeah, it amused me.

All what you wrote about Kashimashi is right o.o

Should I say something else to Simoun, or what?? ;P

Girl Friends IS good. Go read it ò.ó Oh wait, you can't, because makimaki is down again.....
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 pm

*nervous laugh* Sorry about that. I guess yurigirl's blog isn't spoiler-free as I thought.

makimaki is back up btw and Mai-HiME Destiny is still down ^^; No matter, I can sidetrack myself with Girl Friends and see what the hype is all about. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:21 am

I better plug Kuttsukiboshi here too. ^_^

Kuttsukiboshi OVA Eng Sub 1/2

Kuttsukiboshi OVA Eng Sub 2/2

My review from: https://ltahime.forumotion.com/general-anime-manga-thread-non-mai-f7/kuttsukiboshi-t289.htm#11242

Luu Sky Sapphire Reviews Kuttsukiboshi

This is quite an interesting little shoujo-ai series about two young girls. One of them, Kiiko Kawakami, has telekinetic powers! Though that isn't shown in the early going. Aya Saitou is a girl in her class that knows about Kiiko's powers and they seem to have a history together. Yeah, they're quite close. About 6 minutes in, Kiiko goes for broke and surprise-surprise, Aya kisses her back. What follows afterward is what I thought was going to be one of those cute sappy moments, Aya takes the plunge into yuriness by giving Kiiko something she wasn't expecting. Forgot to wear those panties, huh Aya? Suuuure. ^_~

Aya is already 1,000 times more daring than Shizuru and it's only the first episode. ^_~

Anyway, after a short tour of the Saitou home (Aya's piano playing brothers makes his appearance) and a little footsie tease later, Kiiko returns to Aya's home. Nobody seemed to be home and the door was locked, so using her powers, Kiiko easily enters and discovers something quite shocking. Kiiko races out of there (and I don't blame her) with the cliche revealing-dark-secret-rainfall pouring on top of her.

This is the only episode so far, right? Too bad, I was getting into the quiet atmosphere these two characters were surrounded in. That's it's only strength so far, it's a personal relationship. My only problem is with the ages. How old are these girls, did I miss when they mentioned this? They appear a bit too young to have that kind of relationship. I'm usually pretty open minded when it comes to these kind of things, but I draw the line somewhere. It was cute seeing them do their thing, but I wasn't turned on at all. But hey, that works for this little series. The reality of it. There are girls at their age having private moments together and discovering love early. Then I think about the ending of this episode and remember how foolish it is to trust somebody so early on. I'm still not quite sure how long these two have known each other, but considering how early they started their relationship, with the results being quite disastrous, says a lot to me.

I'd like to think positively for Kiiko and Aya, even though what happened needs a damn good explanation. My guesses? Either Aya is really bi and into incest or this is the work of the "evil male" once again. The piano dude did have an air of mystery to him, who knows what he's like.

The series is beautiful, the background and characters look amazing. Kiiko is very likable so far since she's your average girl in love, and having telekinetic powers is cool. Out of place, but cool. My only complaints for this series so far, it's a little screwed up and doesn't explore too much. Then again, it's is only the first OVA and the next one won't show till next year. Is this right? Now that's teasing.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Catching up on the latest yuri manga I've been reading lately, starting with Kissing Mars (contain naughtiness):

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ 317310

Yukari is a "bad girl." She rebels against her controlling mother by dyeing her hair, polishing her nails and having an older boyfriend, with whom she has an intimate relationship. In fact, as she notes, that's kind of all they have right now. He never takes her anywhere; they just go to a karaoke box, sing a bit, and have sex.

Miki is a "good girl." She's tall, and has classic Japanese beauty. She's quiet and bookish and smart. And a bit aloof.

The two are forced to share a double desk at the beginning of the term which annoys Yukari no end. Like most bad girls, her initial reaction is disdain and derision for the good girl's behavior. But, one day, after school, she sees Miki in the Art Room, gently kissing a statue of Mars and her heart starts to race. When someone comes up from behind, both Miki and Yukari know that they've been seen, and everything changes between them.

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Tram tram tram.
Just read the second chap ;P (I had to reread the first one though, I couldn't remember this much XD).
It's from the same one who did Maki Maki. It's a nice manga so far, but there wasn't anything sexual between the two girls yet (only between Yukarin and her boyfriend, who is an math tutor *cough* XD). Can't say this much about it at this moment.
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 am

It is a nice little manga so far, pretty basic story. The art captured by attention the most. I'm told that the yuri will come into play later on.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:47 pm

=3 finally luis! no more talking about yuri! have some more downloads already!
maria? what does "Tram tram tram" mean? O.o'
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Actually Girl Friends never appeared on Yuri Hime, it was in Comic High, a totally different manga. Morinaga Milk did another series called Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo, which was in Yuri Shimai and latter on in Yuri Hime. Girl Friends was indirectly influenced by some of the stories that series.

It's a more realistic take on a relationship, and the miscommunications that comes with it, which is why I like it so much.
mandygirl78
mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

Back to top Go down

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ Empty Poor Poor Lips

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Hayako Goto presents...
Poor Poor Lips

♥ Yuri Anime and Manga news, websites and updates ♥ Poor_p10

This little gem I found is nothing too complex, it's just cute. Poor Poor Lips is about a poor little girl (who's 21...damn she's short.) who's desperately seeking a job. The girl's name is Nako Okashi, a pretty cheerful girl who makes the best of her life. She eventually finds employment at gem store with a very beautiful manager.

A lesbian manager. LE GASP!

Out goes 99% of the applicants, except for Nako-chan. The manager, Ren Otsuka, is rich and rather proud of her sexual orientation. She accepts Nako-chan as her new employee and tries to make her presentable with expensive clothes. Ren quickly learns you can't take simplicity out of the girl. Nako-chan would rather wear her 100 yen clothing than Ren's gifts. The second chapter ends with Ren realizing how cute Nako-chan is, even in cheap clothing and patches.

I'm enjoying this short little series so far, it's so cute. Highly recommended!

Poor Poor Lips Ch1 V1

Poor Poor Lips Ch2 V1
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:57 am

>.>
HAYATE X BLADE (lolIcangoonforhoursaboutthis)

Yuri Rating [♥♥♥]

Found at Baka-Updates:
"Kurogane Hayate finds herself in a dilemma. Her twin sister, Nagi, is recovering from an injury and needs someone to go to school in her place. Little did she know, the school was based on a "Swordswoman League," where everyone participates in what are called Duels for Stars with their sisters-in-arms, shinyuu, in order to gain prestige, money, and power.

Her first encounters with the students at this new school range from intimidating, such as with the Student Council President, Amachi Hitsugi and her shinyuu, Miyamoto Shizuku, to completely awestruck, such as the hot-headed but extremely experienced (and without a shinyuu) Mudou Ayana. At first Hayate thinks she can get away without participating in the Duels for Stars, but the first day she comes home, the orphanage she cares for deeply is a complete wreck... "

Hayate X Blade is....a unique story, with a somewhat familiar setting of an all girls school with duels with swords (Im sorry that had me hooked from the start)

There are no obvious statements of GL, with the exception being Jun (trust me...she is awesome enough to get away with it) but the relationships between the duel partners can be conceived in near enough any way, as just partners, friends or me (Score one for the shippers.)
The art itself is truly amazing, with all the characters being unique and so lifelike, you cant help but want to be friends with them all (yes...even the gitbags as you get further into the story)

as a general rating.....9/10 ALL IT NEEDS IS DEFINITIVE GIRL LOVE AND IT WILL BE COMPLETE XDDD
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 pm

I think if I had to recommend anything, I'd recommend Simoun. I saw it in February of this year and it's my all time favorite anime. The story is more complex than it lets on, but I typically classify it as a sci-fi war drama about making choices and growing up. Despite having a large cast, the different characters do get some good development, and there are usually a wide variety of favorites. The only canon yuri couple involves the main pair. It's a series that really makes you think on a variety of topics, including transgenderism and what it really means when a person is still who they are, regardless. It's a reflection on choices made, and how they affect a person, or may end up being regrets. The follies of youth are affected in war time.

It's a short series at 26 eps and the ending isn't quite all that satisfying. It certainly leaves plenty of room for fanfic, which is what I've used it for because I wanted to get inside the heads of some of the characters and explain particular scenes better. Aaeru is the one you'll find me using the most for this purpose, as she's my lunkhead. And if you have seen the series, you'll know why she's a lunkhead. For the record, I hated her for most of the show when I first watched it. Now, I love her to pieces.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:as a general rating.....9/10 ALL IT NEEDS IS DEFINITIVE GIRL LOVE AND IT WILL BE COMPLETE XDDD
And I think that's exactly the reason why I haven't wrote it yet, or dropped it or whatever I did with it, I can't remember XD
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:04 pm

XDDDDD
Seriously though, I am in love with this series.....I AWAIT THE NEXT CHAPTER WITH BAITED BREATH *SHOT*
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaLover Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 am

mandygirl78 wrote:Actually Girl Friends never appeared on Yuri Hime, it was in Comic High, a totally different manga. Morinaga Milk did another series called Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo, which was in Yuri Shimai and latter on in Yuri Hime. Girl Friends was indirectly influenced by some of the stories that series.

It's a more realistic take on a relationship, and the miscommunications that comes with it, which is why I like it so much.

Ara, Girl Friends is a really nice manga, but still it ends at chapter 35. Short but worth it because it related on real life not based on fantasy where you should kill monsters fufufu.
TeaLover
TeaLover
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 49
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:55 am

Girl Friends was a pretty good read, one of the many yuri manga I need to review. ^^; My review for Poor Poor Lips is coming soon, so anyone interested in that, it's coming tomorrow.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 pm

bump

Just bumping this because Narsi and I got to talking and I was thinking that we should compile a list of yuri/shoujo-ai manga and anime. Then, I remembered vaguely that we had something like this here... and hence began my journey of finding this...

I have actually read and watched a significant amount of yuri and shoujo-ai, but at the moment is too lazy to compile my list. It's mostly a repeat of what's already been posted though. >.>;;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:05 pm

The world needs more Yuri. Yaoi and Shonen ai has a laaarrrgeee rabid fanbase, us yuri-lovers shouldn't lose to them.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm

depression76 wrote:The world needs more Yuri. Yaoi and Shonen ai has a laaarrrgeee rabid fanbase, us yuri-lovers shouldn't lose to them.

exactly!
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:29 pm

depression76 wrote:The world needs more Yuri. Yaoi and Shonen ai has a laaarrrgeee rabid fanbase, us yuri-lovers shouldn't lose to them.
AMEN DEPPY!!!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next