Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

+10
SulliMike23
BMeph
GoldenSun13
depression76
MissSoccerNinja
hildebrant
Amaya
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Empty Re: My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Sorry for lack of reply to what you said, Ninja-chan. XD Just had to inform everyone really quickly that this thread was just merged with other My-HiME Live Action threads. Now you can look back and see what other members picked out to fulfill live action roles. :)

No problem!

Sorry, I looked for other threads like this in the My-Hime category, but I must have missed this one... sweatdrop

Thread: Cool suggestions! I especially agree with Luu Sky Sapphire about Demi Levato as Shizuru and Michelle Rodriguez as Akira (even though her skin is little darker than Akira's, I think her tough personalities in shows and movies such as Lost and Avatar are great for Akira).

hildebrant: I loved Fired Up!

I can't go into, look at, or even think about Olive Garden without remembering:

"Bottomless breadsticks only keep you at the Olive Garden for so long, until at some point you look up and say 'Why the hell am I at the Olive Garden with all these fat people?'..." XD

And I now say "prohibidabado" instead of prohibidado. XD

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Empty Re: My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:23 pm

:) No need to be sorry, Nin-Nin. You didn't know, just remember there are plenty of potential threads to revive from months ago. ^_~

Back on topic...*blushes lightly* The thought of Demi Lovato as Shizuru or even Natsuki is enough to kill me. In a good way of course~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:30 pm

LOL Demi as Natsuki or Shizuru... okay...

I see your Demi as Shizuru and raise a Maggie Q as Natsuki:

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Maggie10
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Nikita would be most suited as Midori Sugiura, dunno why. Since you brought up this Asian vixen, I will intentionally offer fanservice to tickle your...*ahem* senses~

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

YES! (<--- Not an orgasm...)
Why didn't I think of her as Midori? Genius!
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:49 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:YES! (<--- Not an orgasm...)

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 PDVD_108-1

GoldenSun13 wrote:Why didn't I think of her as Midori? Genius!

I know right? And just picture Maggie playing Aswad Midori! *o* Oooooo, how sexy she would be as another oh-so-SERIOUS character. <3333
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Emily Vancamp now has my unwavering vote for Shizuru in an American/English version of a My-Hime movie. She's amazing in the show Revenge, in which she plays a very Shizuru-like character (Amanda Clark/Emily Thorne).

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Emily-10

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Emily_10

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Sorry for lack of reply to what you said, Ninja-chan. XD Just had to inform everyone really quickly that this thread was just merged with other My-HiME Live Action threads. Now you can look back and see what other members picked out to fulfill live action roles. :)

No problem!

Sorry, I looked for other threads like this in the My-Hime category, but I must have missed this one... sweatdrop

Thread: Cool suggestions! I especially agree with Luu Sky Sapphire about Demi Levato as Shizuru and Michelle Rodriguez as Akira (even though her skin is little darker than Akira's, I think her tough personalities in shows and movies such as Lost and Avatar are great for Akira).

hildebrant: I loved Fired Up!

I can't go into, look at, or even think about Olive Garden without remembering:

"Bottomless breadsticks only keep you at the Olive Garden for so long, until at some point you look up and say 'Why the hell am I at the Olive Garden with all these fat people?'..." XD

And I now say "prohibidabado" instead of prohibidado. XD

Glad you liked it, anytime I think of the movie I think of Eric's character walking back saying "damn it! damn it! damn it! damn it! damn it!" and his wondering why he bothered to get that black leather wristband and why he thought that would look cool. Something I've also done at one point in my life.

Now to stay on topic, I've seen Hugo in theatres awhile back and seeing it, I kind of want to see more of the cast, so:

Asa Butterfield as Takumi - He was a wonderfully charming clockmaker's apprentice in the film, and just look at him, he just screams Cute Shotaro Boy, he'd be perfect as Mai's sickly younger brother. Just let him have a few more lines and be a bit more talkative and work up the hair and he's set

Chloë Moretz as Haruka - Before you think otherwise, she's a natural blonde, and just tell her to try to channel Hit Girl, keep the loud mouth and abrasive personality and she's set.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel Free to comment

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:32 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Emily Vancamp now has my unwavering vote for Shizuru in an American/English version of a My-Hime movie. She's amazing in the show Revenge, in which she plays a very Shizuru-like character (Amanda Clark/Emily Thorne).

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Emily-10

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Emily_10

Just researched Emily Vancamp on IMDB, I've never seen any of her works before. Are there any video clips of her Shizuru-like performance? She's a pretty girl, I'd like to see more.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm

hildebrant wrote:Glad you liked it, anytime I think of the movie I think of Eric's character walking back saying "damn it! damn it! damn it! damn it! damn it!" and his wondering why he bothered to get that black leather wristband and why he thought that would look cool. Something I've also done at one point in my life.

Haha, yes, it's fun to see things like that (things you can relate to) in movies. =P =]

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Just researched Emily Vancamp on IMDB, I've never seen any of her works before. Are there any video clips of her Shizuru-like performance? She's a pretty girl, I'd like to see more.

Agreed. X3 Er, from a purely logical, objective point of view, of course... =P

Here's a few clips from Revenge. I just found a bunch of short clips on Youtube. To get the full Shizuru-effect of her character though, it's best to watch the show (best from the beginning), but this will suffice. =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evg7XHAznFo&NR=1&feature=endscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwxjSwe7GlU&feature=endscreen&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZIhwjuoOs&feature=related

In the last clip, the Shiznat fan part of me can't help but think of Emily as Shizuru and Jack as Natsuki. X3

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Even though she's in her mid-30's, and not Japanese (she's 2nd-gen. Thai by heritage), and I can't decide whether she should play Natsuki, Shizuru, Nao or Yohko (I thought of Maggie Q for Midori, but she's already been mentioned), but I would love to see Maurissa Tancharoen (Whedon) in the lineup.

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 DH_belonging-party_0045

Heck, get her on the writing staff, if you have to, she's multi-talented. Plus, maybe you could get her brother Kevin Tancharoen, or her brotherin-law Joss Whedon, to direct... :)
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Don't you guys think that some of the actors/actresses you're naming a just a bit too old for the roles you picked out?
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:00 am

SulliMike23 wrote:Don't you guys think that some of the actors/actresses you're naming a just a bit too old for the roles you picked out?

Necessarily so, yes. It's rare to find talented young actors. Passable young actors are much more common, and more unfortunately, child actors tend to self-destruct, once puberty hits.

BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I am not sure if mai Hime is fit for live action. Even live action sailor has its faults and Hollywood might botch it up as usual.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Don't you guys think that some of the actors/actresses you're naming a just a bit too old for the roles you picked out?

True, haha! Just remember this is a fantasy thing, so bending of the rules is more than welcome. :3 A lot of our members came up with some brilliant choices.

GAP wrote:I am not sure if mai Hime is fit for live action. Even live action sailor has its faults and Hollywood might botch it up as usual.

Oi! I found PGSM rather good and close to the manga, but I know what you mean. It wasn't perfect. After seeing Maria-sama ga Miteru in live action, I'd like more yuri or yuri related series become live action shows.

---

Thank you for the clips, Soccer-Nin-Nin! She's quite the talented actress, I'll look into her works to see if she's 100% Shizuru worthy, which I'm sure she is. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Oi! I found PGSM rather good and close to the manga, but I know what you mean. It wasn't perfect. After seeing Maria-sama ga Miteru in live action, I'd like more yuri or yuri related series become live action shows.

---

Thank you for the clips, Soccer-Nin-Nin! She's quite the talented actress, I'll look into her works to see if she's 100% Shizuru worthy, which I'm sure she is. :3

There's a Maria-sama Ga Miteru live action? That was a great anime! Do you know where I could find the live action one?

---
No problem! Yeah, I've seen all the episiodes of the ongoing Revenge, and a few episodes of Brothers and Sisters. I don't know much about the second show, but I think she's great in Revenge.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:04 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:There's a Maria-sama Ga Miteru live action? That was a great anime! Do you know where I could find the live action one?

---
No problem! Yeah, I've seen all the episiodes of the ongoing Revenge, and a few episodes of Brothers and Sisters. I don't know much about the second show, but I think she's great in Revenge.

I do, but the links are all broken sadly. ;_; Try your luck finding them on google. What I can show you are clips from the live action series:

Maria-sama ga Miteru マリア様がみてる Live Action Full Movie Preview

First impressions, what do you think? :3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
I do, but the links are all broken sadly. ;_; Try your luck finding them on google. What I can show you are clips from the live action series:

Maria-sama ga Miteru マリア様がみてる Live Action Full Movie Preview

First impressions, what do you think? :3

Thanks!

It looks awesome! And Yumi looks adorable! =] X3

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Thanks!

It looks awesome! And Yumi looks adorable! =] X3

You're welcome, Nin-Nin! Yumi always looks adorable!

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Vlcsna66

See!? xD Now that I think about it; Haru, Honoka-san and the others wouldn't do so bad in a live action Mai-HiME/Otome adaptation. I can tell they have more lively personalities underneath their performances in the Maria-sama film. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:45 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The new Sarah Connor as Shizuru? *thinks* Could work...

I'll make up for lack of Michelle photo:

movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Rodrig10

Michelle Rodriguez has played everything but a ninja. I think. ^^;

michelle as akira?! bwahahaha!
really man, you're serious? from the characters she played i would rather put her as haruka. but that wouldn't work out cause of her looks. or maybe as midori? i would totally like seeing michelle doing the shut-up-move! XD

anyway, what about ali larter as shizuru viola?
movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Ali_la10

jordana brewster as natsuki kruger?
movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Jordan11

and abbie cornish as juliet nao zhang?
movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Abbiec10

why otome charaters? cause these ladies on the pictures didn't really look like schoolgirls.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Ali Larter as Shizuru...blargarargarg!!!! @o@ JORDANA AS NATSUKI KRUGER!? Now you're trying to murder me! >:3

xD Yes, I was dead serious about Akira. Seeing Michelle as a ninja would be so damn sexy. >o< Not a serious cast call, but damn, it's such a turn on!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Ali Larter as Shizuru...blargarargarg!!!! @o@ JORDANA AS NATSUKI KRUGER!? Now you're trying to murder me! >:3

well, is that a good thing or da bad thing? XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:xD Yes, I was dead serious about Akira. Seeing Michelle as a ninja would be so damn sexy. >o< Not a serious cast call, but damn, it's such a turn on!

yeah, would be cool. but i can't see her with green hair, playing a boy and falling in love with a ill boy... HAH! i have the perfect cast for takumi: vin diesel!
movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Vin-di10
you look at him and think: 'oh my... he's such a poor, little boy...' *sniff*

personal note: seriously... i need more sleep sweatdrop

Last edited by she-ga-roo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 am

she-ga-roo wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Ali Larter as Shizuru...blargarargarg!!!! @o@ JORDANA AS NATSUKI KRUGER!? Now you're trying to murder me! >:3

welll, is that a good thing or da bad thing? XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:xD Yes, I was dead serious about Akira. Seeing Michelle as a ninja would be so damn sexy. >o< Not a serious cast call, but damn, it's such a turn on!

yeah, would be cool. but i can't see her with green hair, playing a boy and falling in love with a ill boy... HAH! i have the perfect cast for takimi: vin diesel!

Vin Diesel as Takumi, sure why not? Makes about as much sense as casting Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Seeing Michelle as a ninja would be so damn sexy.

Agreed. X3

Everybody: Yeah, a lot of the actors are a little old, but, like Luu said earlier, this is for fun! =]

she-ga-roo wrote:movie - My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors? - Page 2 Vin-di10

...If Vin Diesel was Takumi and Michelle was Akira (I do realize that they'd have to be older versions of them, but that's beside the point right now)...The movie would have too much awesomeness for me to handle! X3 =] (Who's to say that Takumi doesn't grow up to be a sexy badass? ;] ) They'd be the most badass couple in the show. Unless Emily Vancamp was cast as Shizuru. Emily Vancamp is totally badass. ;]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:

well, is that a good thing or da bad thing? XD

yeah, would be cool. but i can't see her with green hair, playing a boy and falling in love with a ill boy... HAH! i have the perfect cast for takumi: vin diesel!

Vin Diesel as Takumi...............lolwut? :suspect:

GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next