Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans

5 posters

Go down

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Empty Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello Mai-Multiverse! Luu Sky Sapphire, sorcery and hentai genius at your service! :D This thread will be for any magazine scans and articles you come across online or have from your own collection! With my roommate, we were able to dig up a few. Let's begin with a nice entry from January 2006 edition of NewType Magazine:

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Mh2k6
Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Mh2k62

Shizuru putting the moves on Mai?! O_O ShizMai!? Hey, if it works it works. Razz Just look at Yukariko. That's so her.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans PDVD_004-4 : BEING LESBIAN IS A SIN!

My-HiME

Originally aired on TV in Japan.
Volume 1 Available Spring 2006 in the US from Bandai Entertainment
www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/my-hime
illustrated by YUKIE SUZUKI & HIROKAZU HISAYUKI
finished by SAYOKO YOKOHAMA
text by KAZUHO HYODO

STAFF creator: HAJIME YATATE; series organization:
HIROYUKI YOSHINO; character designer & animation
director: HIROKAZU HISAYUKI; creative producer:
GORO TANIGUCHI; director: MASAKAZU OHARA;
music: YUKI KAJIURA; planning & production: SUNRISE
CAST Mai Tokiha: MAI NAKAHARA;
Shizuru Fujino: NAOMI SHINDO;
Mashiro Kazahana; YUKANA;
Yukariko Sanada: KIKUKO INOUE;
Nao Yuuki: YUUKA NANRI;
Fumi Himeno: YUKANA

STORY: Mai Tokiha is a high school
student who takes care of her younger
brother Takumi because their parents
died when they were little.
One day, the siblings transfer to Fuka Academy.
Mai was planning on quietly fitting in
as a normal student, but it turns out
the school has other plans for her. She
runs into monsters and a group of girls
known as HiME!

THE ENEMY:
Fuka Academy is often troubled by monsters
called Orphans that come in various sizes
and types, from large and destructive
monsters to small and relatively harmless
creatures. No one knows where they come
from or what their objectives are. The HiMEs
have been assembled at the academy in
order to fend off these bothersome creatures,
who seems to have an unusually keen interest in them.

HiMEs use their "Elements" to fight Orphan monsters.

Mashiro Kazahama:
Mashiro is a mysterious girl -at the tender age
of 11, she's already the director of the academy.
Mashiro possesses everything a hime {Japanese
for "princess"} should have, from a graceful
appearance to sharp intelligence...and, of course,
her own maid.

Fumi Himeno:
The gentle and
compassionate Fumi
devotes herself to
taking care of Mashiro.
She wears a maid outfit
because she really
enjoys it.

Nao Yuuki:
Nao may look like a senior
or even older, but she's
actually in Fuka Academy's
junior high program, which means
she's younger than Mai.
With that smile of hers,
Nao might turn into a badass HiME someday.

Discover your strength:
If Sleeping Beauty awakens with a kiss, then what does it take for the My-HiME girls to awaken their special powers? The action anime My-HiME is set at Fuka Academy, a school with an abundance of girls-including a group with special abilities that has been assembled and given the title of HiME. A tenth-grader named Mai Tokiha has just transferred into the academy, but she hasn't awakened to her HiME powers yet. For now, Mai is just an average high school girl who goofs around with friends, gossips in the cafeteria, and competes feverishly for the attention of the male students.

Fuka Academy offers elementary, junior high and high school programs. There's quite a bit of variety in the student body-and not just in terms of age. All the characters are one-of-a-kind, with unique personalities and distinctive clothes. We'll meet many different kinds of characters, from cocky brats to maids with priestesses and even girls who look and act like they should be in college.

In a sense, Fuka Academy is a paradise for viewers (male viewers, to be more specific). We look forward to entertaining subplots like forbidden romances, secret club rituals conducted far from the prying eyes of adults, and plenty of revealing "action" scenes. But putting aside the discussion of eye candy for the time being, we shouldn't forget the fact that all the female students at Fuka Academy are potential HiMEs-and as such, they have duties to perform. Some have already discovered their powers, while others are lagging behind a bit. What's the key to making them realize their powers? Will the trigger be something or someone close to them, perhaps a cherished friend or lover? More importantly, when will Mai find her own power, and what will it be? As the story progresses, we'll learn about the characters' special abilities as they learn about themselves, and along the way we'll all discover what it means to be HiME.

Shizuru Fujinio:
The graceful and refined
Shizuru speaks with
a lovely Kyoto accent
and is the present of
Fuka Academy's high
school student body. The
students know they can
count on her.

Mai Tokiha:
Mai seems normal
compared to the other
students, who are all
eccentric in one way or
another. Will she ever become
a full-fledged HiME?

Yukariko Sanada:
A devout nun, Yukariko has a fear of men but is
extremely helpful when it comes to problems
that don't involve romance. She's more like a
counselor than a HiME.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Empty Re: Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 am

:o very cool articles luis! :3 shizuru with mai? absolutely not! >> lay off the straight chicks, fujino-san...
-spider bounce- i think i have some magazines to scan too, my prince! i'll bring them over your house!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Empty Re: Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am

:D Here's the article scans from Mai-Otome! Newtype Issue June 2007.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans La110

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Final510

My-Otome

Originally aired on TV in Japan
Volume 1 available July 2007 in the US from Bandai Entertainment
www.bandai-ent.com
www.my-zhime.net
illustrated by TOMOSHIGE INAYOSHI
finished by SAYOKO YOKOYAMA
special effects by SHINGO SUZUKI
Copyright: SUNRISE

STAFF

creator: HAJIME YATATE
Director: MASAKAZU OHARA;
series organization: HIROYUKI YOSHINO;
character design: HIROKAZU HISAYUKI;
music: YUKI KAJIUR;
planning & production: SUNRISE

CAST

Arika Yumemiya: MIKA KIKUCHI;
Nina Wáng: AMI KOSHIMIZU;
Natsuki Kruger: SAEKO CHIBA;
Shizuru Viola; NAOMI SHINDO;
Sergay Wáng: KATSUYUKI KONISHI;
Nagi Dai Artai: AKIRA ISHIDA;
Erstin Ho: MINAMI KURIBAYASHI;
Mikoto: AI SHIMIZU

STORY

Otomes are elite female bodyguards and advisers to the nobility. After meeting the graceful and powerful Otome Shizuru Viola, a country gal named Arika Yumemiya decides that she wants to be an Otome herself. She attempts to enroll at the training school, but getting in is far from easy...

Return of a legend

If you've seen My-HiME, there's a good chance you're one of the thousands who ended up falling in love with Shizuru Fujino over the course of the show. She wasn't the protagonist (that honor went to Mai Tokiha), but she did steal the spotlight with her powerful personality, calm demeanor and elegantly old-fashioned diction-not to mention her tragic and violently obsessive love for someone she thought she could never have.

So, to fans' everlasting delight, Shizuru has been reincarnated into the My-Otome world (where her name is now "Shizuru Viola" ) and garbed once again in the purple of her My-HiME namesake. (In case you're wondering about the purple connection, the fuji part of "Fujino" -not to be confused with the Fuji in Mt. Fuji-is Japanese for the purple-blossomed wisteria vine.) But all you really need to know is that Shizuru is set to steal viewers' hearts for the second time.

The new Shizuru is everything fans could have hoped for-smart, sexy and a flirtatious tease. Not only is she a Meister Otome (a kind of professional bodyguard to the nobility), she's one of the top five Meister Otomes in the world. On top of that, she's stunningly graceful and beautiful-so when Arika Yumemiya sees her in action, the awestruck girl is so impressed that she decides she wants to be just like Shizuru.

Other My-HiME favorites are back as well. Otome training center Garderobe Academy is governed by the ever-popular Natsuki Kruger (Natsuki Kuga in My-HiME)-who Shizuru's always hanging around, or course-while Akane Soir (Akane Higurashi) and Chie Hallard (Chie Harada) are Otome trainees. Aoi Senoh (Aoi Seno) shows up as a maid, and ex-wild-girl Mikoto has become...wait, a cat!?

It may be hard to compete with old favorites like these, but the new faces are so unique and charismatic that they should have no trouble holding their own. Just look at the passionate Nina, who's studying to be an Otome for the sake of her father. Then there's Erstin, the kind of shy noblewoman you'd sooner expect to find in a boudoir than a battlefield. And finally we have the cheerful protagonist Arika Yumemiya, who's following in the footsteps of her legendary Otome mother.

Nina Wáng

A lone wolf who never has much to say, this girl devotes all her energy to her studies, which easily makes her the top student among beginner trainees. She's determined to succeed and make her father proud-he's the reason she's enrolled.

Erstin Ho

Erstin is a young noble who's still in the early stages of the Otome training program. She's the same age as Arika and Nina, who she shares a room with at the Academy. A very shy girl, Erstin admires Arika for her enthusiasm and good cheer.

Arika Yumemiya

This cheerfully optimistic 14-year-old grew up in the backwoods but came to the city in search of her mother. Now she wants to be an Otome, but is quickly discovering that it's more difficult than she expected.

Garderobe Academy

As the sole Otome training school in the world, Garderobe Academy admits students from all backgrounds, but only if they're intelligent and physically fit enough to meet the stringent entrance requirements. But even enrollment is no guarantee of success, as the curriculum is exceedingly difficult-only about half of the first-year trainees (known as "Coral Otome" ) move on to their second year, and even fewer graduate. The top graduates are dubbed "Meister Otome" and are sent to serve the nobility of nearby nations.

This Academy building houses the classrooms. The school is prominently situated inside the borders of a self-governed district within the kingdom of Windbloom, and it even has a voice in local government.

Shizuru Viola

Shizuru is one of the five most powerful Otomes in the world. She works closely with Natsuki and is always very affectionate with the other Otomes...though they may not always appreciate it.

Natsuki Kruger

Natsuki is the head of the Otome training school Garderobe Academy, and like Shizuru, one of the top give Meister Otome. She's usually quiet and composed, but she can be terrifying when angered.[b]
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am

ha bangerang! any more?
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Here's one from the Mai-HiME Live action movie thread in case you missed it:

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Animeinsider2006

My-HiME casting Call

My-HiME

As if school wasn't hard enough, the students of Fuka Academy are charged with fending off grotesque monsters known as Orphans. Then again, considering that they have HiME superpowers (like the ability to control fire), they probably have more trouble with calculus. Our cast nominations for a live-action version of Bandai's My-HiME prove again that it takes a band of attractive teenagers to save the world.

Amanda Bynes as Mai Tokiha:

Mai's independent attitude is a perfect fit for Bynes. As Olivia, the gender-bending protagonist of She's the Man, Bynes donned men's clothes to woo the soccer star of an elite boarding school--both characters have way too much initiative.

Mackenzie Rosman as Mikoto Minagi:

Short. Energetic. Possibly insane. Mikoto is definitely the wild one of the HiME students, like Rosman's Ruthie Camden, the feisty daughter on 7th Heaven. A few snips of her hair later--well, okay, a lot of snips--and Rosman could be the spitting image of Fuka's freakiest freshman.

Kristin Kreuk as Natsuki Kuga:

With bozos like Mikoto up there bouncing off the walls, somebody's got to be the mature one. Enter Natsuki. She's bitchy, hardcore and a crack shot. We can totally see Kreuk in Natsuki's shoes after her role as Fiona, who sets Eurotrip in motion by ruthlessly dumping her boyfriend.

Cameron Bright as Takumi Tokiha:

Mai's little brother has a failing heart that causes trouble for everyone--especially when there are Orphans involved. No stranger to being rescued by beautiful women, Bright starred as Six, the little boy whose butt had to be saved constantly by Ultraviolet's vixen lead.

Haley Joel Osment as Yuichi Tate:

Yuichi's thet bumbling guy with a big crush on Mai--and a serious lack of smooth moves. Osment's "I see dead people" in The Sixth Sense has become one of the most spoofed lines of all time, which means he's got just the kind of sincerity that a gal like Mai could walk all over.

Rolling Eyes Anime Insider always made random choices for their anime/manga casting call section. I wouldn't mind Kristin Kreuk so much after seeing Chun Li, but the others...no.

More scans and articles on the way. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 pm

I already commented in the other thread but I'll comment here again on the movie casting:

NO.

The Midori has spoken.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:The Midori has spoken.

^_^ Once Midori has spoken, it's over. Anyone who thinks otherwise will be speared by Gakutenou. :twisted:

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Base_g10
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 am

-spits-
the person who wrote the mai otome article is biased for shizuru.
>< more talk on nao or nina!!!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:11 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:-spits-
the person who wrote the mai otome article is biased for shizuru.
>< more talk on nao or nina!!!

Haha, so you noticed that too! It's true, whoever wrote the article forgot that the series isn't about Shizuru. Not even close. ^^; Sure she inspired Arika to become an Otome, but the involvement doesn't get any deeper than that. Mai-Otome gave us a canon ShizNat ship, something the person forgot to mention. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis0820 Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:01 am

um... do you have scans from the artbook: Hime Destiny (or something like that >_>) ? :)

[i can't seem to find the scans in the internet, all were pretty blurred]
Artemis0820
Artemis0820
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 399
Armitage GUTS!!! : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Artemis0820 wrote:um... do you have scans from the artbook: Hime Destiny (or something like that >_>) ? :)

[i can't seem to find the scans in the internet, all were pretty blurred]

(( No, but I have the next best thing coming for you later tonight. ;3 ))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis0820 Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 am

Kagura wrote:

(( No, but I have the next best thing coming for you later tonight. ;3 ))

what is it? XD

nao i'm getting excited black cat
Artemis0820
Artemis0820
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 399
Armitage GUTS!!! : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:45 am

Artemis0820 wrote:what is it? XD

nao i'm getting excited black cat

(( Shizuru Fujino It's coming after my next off-topic forum post. Patience young Kuga~. ))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 pm

bump

While yours truly was visiting old comic shops in the next town, he was able to secure this old treasure:

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan2

An edition of Anime Insider magazine from March of 2006 that headlines none other than...Mai-HiME! Here are all scans from the magazine taken earlier today by me:

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan3
Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan7
Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan6
Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan5

^ An article that talks about the Mai-HiME series, obviously to hype it up for the North American release. Character bios for several characters are included from Shizuru to Tate. I remember this magazine like it was yesterday. There's even a quick mention of Mai-Otome, letting readers know that it isn't a direct sequel to Mai-HiME.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan1

^ Contents index page with a little shot of Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki. Informing readers where to find the Mai-HiME article.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan4

^ datgodess FREE SWAG! datgodess
The magazine promotes the first ever orange Collector's set for the North American release of Mai-HiME. Praising Bandai Entertainment for including the awesome Fuka Academy T-shirt that I still have to this day.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan8

The toys/merchandise section pimps the 1/6 scale PVC Mai Tokiha figure. mai hime A worthy addition to your collection if you have enough pennies saved from last Christmas.

Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome Magazine Scans Scan9

An interesting ad to promote Bandai Entertainment titles. So Major Motoko Kusanagi is the SEXY one (which is highly true), but Natsuki Kuga is the CRAZY one?

Spoiler:

Two out of three, Bandai.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down