Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome

Go down

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Empty The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:23 pm

HiME PART ONE HiME

Coming in at #1, where it all started: The DVD Collector's Edition box art for the "OG" series with beautiful shots of the main HiME trinity, along with the HiME symbol and logo.

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome GQjhMTo
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome ZgsCX3F
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome BAxnTsG
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 1I4aKUW
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome DjMAQWM

The very first single volume of Mai-HiME! Beautiful shot of the Trinity on the cover, with a cool looming shot of Natsuki on the back. Highlighting her initial mysterious aura. :3 That only Shizuru has access to....

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome MPfX2JO
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 4xa0QJ2

In addition to the Mai-HiME Collector's Edition and volume 1 DVD, you also get this Large sized Fuka Academy tee! Awesome combo deal for Mai-HiME's first ever North American release!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Vxe3Yp6
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome HlLWcYi
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome WDjO4kt
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 0X8UwaR

The second DVD volume of the North American release of Mai-HiME! The cover features a cute shot of Mai, Midori and Akane working at Linden Baum. SPEAKING OF MIDORI-CHAN-she is definitely the headliner of the second volume! Her proper debut as a HiME is in it, as well as her hilarious drunk antics in the Episode VII: Lost Kittens!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Bgz3AmV
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 3pm6o2I

Volume 3 of the single Mai-HiME DVD brings us a fanservice cover of the Trinity HiME in their swimsuits! The back highlights Akira Okuzaki's reveal as a HiME, and the disc itself holds four episodes. Two of them being huge fan favorites in episode 9 (beach fun and Natsuki backstory), and the hilariously fun Cake Wars!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome YA6skKJ
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome JWGqbHH
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 6kLxQnu
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome QbmVtB8

The Volume 4 single DVD gives us a beautiful embrace between Miyu Greer, and her precious Golden Angel. Both Miyu and Alyssa grace the cover, while the back mainly highlights the HiME vs. The Searrs Foundation. This volume also contains the end of the adventurous Orphan Arc and the beginning of the gritty Carnival Arc...

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 6YdeqjC
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome ZX7JHNe

The Volume 5 single DVD features an underrated couple in Mashiro Kazahana and Fumi Himeno on the cover. What's with all the yuri covers, Bandai and Sunrise?! I thought our primary triangle romance was straight as an arrow. ;3

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome NSlAYLM
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome SgUANOS
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 8DbHHZ3

On the back you get several shots of the Carnival Arc seeds starting to sprout! The appearance of ghost Shiho, Natsuki fighting Nao and Shizuru making her debut by having Kiyohime fight Kagutsuchi for a mere 3 seconds. Forever causing Team Tokiha and Team Fujino to question who would of won for the next 13 years! :'D

The Volume 6 single DVD really needs NO introduction! Considered everyone's favorite cover art for the North American releases featuring Shizuru and Natsuki! Famously known as "ShizNat"!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome AqXGJdV
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome AM4sczP
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome BwGmcU4
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome WUCGjqy

On the back you get a cool shot of what we jokingly call "Mummy Miyu". Some of the Carnival Arc's darkest moments are captured, including a cool shot of Nao Yuuki on her web throne.

The final volume, volume 7, is where the Carnival Arc reaches it's breathtaking co conclusion! Mai confronts The Obsidian Prince and Mikoto, Natsuki battles Shizuru and The HiME Sentai finally unite to destroy the HiME star! Though if you're going to watch Episode 26: Shining Days, you MUST watch the Director's Cut for the extended ending (special treat for ShizNat fans!)

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome VQgu3Bc
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome TWTogvL
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome WBcgdcr
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome INq1e78

The Volume 7 cover art features the main HiME Trinity once again, only this time in all their post-Episode 26 happiness! Mai is seen sporting the iconic scarf! On the back, we get a nice layout of shots from each episode, plus a focused shot of Mai and Mikoto's second fight. Their second fight contrasts their first. The theme of the first was pure hate on Mai's part, after seeing Mikoto be responsible for Takumi's temporary death. Their battle in episode 26 was centered on love. For it is Mai's love that saves Mikoto.

The Mai-HiME Premium Collector's Edition was released soon after Volume 7 (or around the same time?). Bandai Entertainment really outdid themselves with this release since it's a lot more aesthetically appealing compared to the original collector's box.

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome GwO7wdD
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 5jZgRJF
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome D6c35G0
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 04tqg7n
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome JuPLw0Q
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome RAVQAHF
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 3ZvPN0f
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome SQAhQya

This sturdier box can hold all 7 volumes, and is decorated with beautiful artwork, including a graphic of 10 of the 12 HiME (Yukariko and Fumi are missing for whatever strange reason) along with Haruka, Alyssa and M.I.Y.U. standing in front of Fuka Academy/Mashiro's garden.

If you look underneath the top, you'll see various shots throughout the series in like a photo collage. Props to Bandai for putting together this beautiful box art for the series.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Empty Re: The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:46 pm

HiME  PART TWO  HiME

The first of the Mai-Otome (My-Otome) single DVDs is quite a beauty! The new generation of trinity heroes (Arika, Queen Mashiro and Nina Wang) grace the front cover with style! On the back, we get a summary of the first three episodes packaged inside a GEM. Nicely done by whoever designed the DVD cover art.

Extras include thr infamous Mai-HiME Movie Trailer (or as I call it, "the greatest anime film NEVER made" ) and the first of the Mai-Otome omakes titled "This Week's Armitage", which highlights Haruka post-saving rookie Arika by throwing a massive transport into space with ONE friggin' hand!!! DVD includes the first four episodes, which covers a lot of character building for the Gardrobe staff, as well as Arika's entrance into the Academy.

Not a popular opinion, but I thought Otome was a step above HiME. Yes, the added fanservice may distract, but it's a more fleshed out world with worldbuilding, lore (HiME is partially to thank) and more complicated situations for our heroes. Not to mention the political aspects are done well without coming off jarring and confusing (like in the Star Wars prequels). We know who's bad, and who's good. We know what the motivations are, and what each organization seeks. And the Otome, the supposed guardians of peace and justice, aren't always that. They're also portrayed as weapons of mass destruction. Feared. Even worse when you throw in a Queen who is hated, and must earn the respect and trust of the people through her journey.

I LOVE Mai-Otome. Still holds up beautifully today.

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome NGaKOpA
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome A3vw1JG
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome RO97DDr

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Tumblr_lmj0h9o0VU1qgo4gno1_500

IT'S A MATERIALIZE!!! Volumes 2-7 of Mai-Otome all grouped together! My favorite covers have to be volume 2 for the ShizNat, and volume 7 because it highlights the moment when Arika finally "meets" Lena. Breaks my heart! ;A; I'll even toss in volume 4 since the GORGEOUS Chie makes the front cover for once!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 7wuHvRk
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome QUxDBDT
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome SDzSip6
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 7KeLtxx
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome JKcXIFx
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Ny1OkCQ
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 9IinV5p
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome SxJJzxN
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Am8Dxul
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 2Sn4OLj
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome K27Ttkv
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome MFjT0uF

Just like Mai-HiME, Bandai Entertainment gave Mai-Otome it's own Premium Collector's Edition set! It's blue color scheme is obviously based on Arika's Blue Sky Sapphire. The Blue Sky Sapphire is literally ON on the box! You also get various shots from Episode I, including a beautiful shot of the main cast at Garderobe Academy. And like Mai-HiME's Premium box, the Mai-Otome box interior is decorated with a collage of screenshots from the show.

All 7 single DVDs fit nicely! Again, if you can find this GEM (pun intended) on Amazon or EBay, I highly recommend it!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome KXpvw6f
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome PByBwa9
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome KJ54sph
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome HKXZ66x
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome ORdzaqC
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome WQNLJGL
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome NjOsHvg

Thought Bandai Entertainment was done with their elaborate box sets for the series? You thought wrong! Behold the Special Edition box set of Mai-Otome Zwei!!!!

Not only do you get the DVD containing all 4 OVAs, you get exclusive pencil boards and an XL tee (way too big for me!) of Blue Sky Arika!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome M4cT1TV
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 4gckx5b
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome So5otVD
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome WrTrL1G
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome AZ1d2Vc
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Xuh6Om6
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 2QsEV3C
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 4tIMmx1
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome ThsI81j
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome UNyJibV

Though not Bandai Entertainment's final Mai-HiME/Otome release on this list (we'll get to that tomorrow!), Mai-Otome S.ifr is the latest OVA licensed and released om DVD by the company.

By this point, for whatever reason, Bandai did not bother dubbing S.ifr. Whether they've lost their voice cast, or some other reason, I'll never know.

The cover art looks great! You have Lena Sayers, Fran-chan and M-9 gracing the front. With a beautiful layout on the back. Contains all 3 OVAs on the disc with some bare bones exrra like textless openings.

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Ev1jtJR
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 3EuSyCS

FINAL DAY of the Road to the Mai-HiME/Otome Blu-Ray release day!

As one final release from Bandai, My-HiME and My-Otome became part of their Anime Legends collection. The Legends releases contains all 7 discs in a more compact set.

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome RVeTTsK
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome EAg2lku
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome TXZmSTt
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome BGag6LC

Final word: Taking photos of all these DVDs and sets made me realize something. North America (specifically Bandai Entertainment) was very good to our franchise during the height of it's publicity, and popularity. Critically acclaimed shows like Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Death Note and Madoka Magica don't get this many covers and special box sets! Think about that! We were lucky that our franchise was treated so well. We take it for granted since most people did not enjoy the dub, and that Bandai should of magically forced Sunrise to give us more stories. With franchise revivals becoming commonplace now, most solely done for the sake of nostalgia. For now, the franchise is fine the way it is. But now, thanks to FUNimation, our beloved show can be chronicled forever on the ultimate HD format for future generations to experience. The stories of Mai Tokiha, Arika Yumemiya and the rest of our dynamic cast of characters made us laugh, made us cry and made us cheer. I can't answer if the show will revive or reboot in the future. What I can hope is that you preserve the show. Support it by buying the series on Blu-Ray from FUNimation. Show them, and the world that our show IS timeless and that it's not going anywhere. My-HiME and My-Otome WERE great shows upon arrival. Now? They're masterpieces. Nothing like them before, and nothing as good since. In a time where Ibl desperately searched for the next Sailor Moon (another perennial classic), I realized the actual truth:

My-HiME/Otome was NOT the next Sailor Moon. It was the FIRST and ONLY My-HiME/Otome. It's that damn great. Thank you very much.

Check back in the future for the Blu-Ray unboxing!!!

- Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome Empty Re: The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:54 pm

The Mai-Franchise on the Ultimate format! Enjoy the photos of the entire My-HiME, My-Otome, My-Otome Zwei and My-Otome Sifr Blu-Ray collection! <3 Order yours today from Amazon, rightstufanime or FUNimation shop!

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26841210
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26903810
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26733410

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26814910
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26733810
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26239310
otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26730710

otome - The complete home video (Bandai and FUNimation DVDs/Blu-Rays) legacy of My-HiME and My-Otome 26814810

I'd also like to announce that a Skype rewatch of the entire series will take place this Spring! Myself, and any of you are more than welcome to watch EVERY single episode from beginning to end with me! This will be our final Skype gathering! All 59 episodes and both specials! Date will be available soon!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down