Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~

+11
ShadowMikoto
Dead.And.Alive
Akamanto
Ironheart
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Bluholic711
IlliterateKoi
firesphere306
Zweifel Marguerite
The Fire Stirring Ruby
franticfranz
15 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 Empty Re: Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Ironheart wrote:Hi, everyone. :)
I'm new here. Very very new to the Mai-verse fandom indeed, can you believe? Yeah.
I'm currently in the midst of trying to explore this forum.
I hope we get along. :)

Welcome, Ironheart! Click below to create a post to introduce yourself properly:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/f15-new-mm-valkyrie-and-einherjar-enrollment

:3 Better than introducing yourself in the off-topic section. Looking forward to seeing your intro post, and how you got into Mai-HiME/Otome!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 Empty Re: Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~

Post by Break String SpinElf Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm new here. Very very new to the Mai-verse fandom indeed, can you believe? Yeah.
New blood ahoy!

Howdy-doody Ironheart-san! I am Elf, lord of all that is... er, not really worth being lord over.

I like Mai-Hime (especially Suzushiro Haruka), Mai-Otome (especially Haruka Armitage - you get the picture), waterfowl and the smell of turpentine.

Good to have you aboard and I sincerely hope you enjoy your sojourn among the beautiful people. Happy
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Hullo! ~ヾ(・ω・) It's nice to see new people getting involved in the fandom! Good stories really are timeless, huh?

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Migraines are no fun, Akamanto! You women are tougher than we are (Mai, Shizuru, Natsuki-THEY ALL PROVE IT!), so I bet you can handle it. Shizuru Fujino
Heh! I can definitely credit my endurance to nice messages of support like this! ( ื▿ ื)✧ Thank you!

As for what I'm doing...

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 JtDcURq

...Making progress, is what! (•̀o•́)ง Translation is incomplete, since I still need to clear a lot of it up (and check some stuff with Japanese friends). But it feels good to be getting the basic notes down!

I've also been working on some of the character songs, as well, and some of the short episode summaries from the artbooks. All kinda frenetic stuff but I'm having fun doing what I can. Hopefully I can share some stuff here when I'm finished...
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 202
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Trying to calm down a little. I'm definitely hyper. Most unusual for me.

By "hyper," of course, I mean sitting rather than lying down.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironheart Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Yes, yes nice to meet everyone. :)
I am sketching Shizuru right now. :D

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 Wipsf10

I have a little fantasy where Mai-HiME/Otome casts all in part some sort of ala Fate/SN AU. Here, Shizuru is Lancer class in my imagination.

But I also think she might also be secretly a Berserker class. //snort// Also funny bcs every time I read some fanfictions that describe Shizuru having "nice arms-nice biceps" or "muscles" or "stronGK" my mind automatically swims deep and immediately need to draw her like that.

Sssshhhh- let this pathetic me have her own self-indulgence.

Still in progress. Now my problem is how to go about her outfit design. Sigh ;;
Ironheart
Ironheart
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 33
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Working (on my own little side-projects).
Ironheart wrote:I have a little fantasy where Mai-HiME/Otome casts all in part some sort of ala Fate/SN AU. Here, Shizuru is Lancer class in my imagination.

But I also think she might also be secretly a Berserker class. //snort// Also funny bcs every time I read some fanfictions that describe Shizuru having "nice arms-nice biceps" or "muscles" or "stronGK" my mind automatically swims deep and immediately need to draw her like that.
Sweet artwork. I love the idea of Mai-meets-Fate. There's definitely scope for crossovers what with all the similarities and such like.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Stretching after kendo. It's the mark of good practice when your muscles are aching afterwards! (。◝‿◜。)

@Ironheart I love that concept! The way you've drawn it looks awesome! And the pose looks super dynamic and cool, too! And-- Well, what can I say? A Shizuru with a toned body is a Shizuru that I can get behind. You can self-indulge all you like, as long as you don't leave us out. ┬┴┤¯ ³¯*)♡
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 am

Got home from work, made ramen, now sitting here afterhours wondering why I haven't already went to bed.
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Trying not to dance.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Just finished my round of Pilates workouts. Now I just want to laze around as my own personal reward. :3

Akamanto wrote:
As for what I'm doing...

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 JtDcURq

...Making progress, is what! (•̀o•́)ง Translation is incomplete, since I still need to clear a lot of it up (and check some stuff with Japanese friends). But it feels good to be getting the basic notes down!

I've also been working on some of the character songs, as well, and some of the short episode summaries from the artbooks. All kinda frenetic stuff but I'm having fun doing what I can. Hopefully I can share some stuff here when I'm finished...

high five OH MY GOD! You know, everyone who has tackled the Mai-HiME Destiny novel translations has either given up, or passed away in the process. You have quite the task at hand! Any progress is better than none, though! Keep it up, so we can understand Mai-HiME Destiny 100%. The audio dramas I've posted on YouTube and the light novel need to be 100% translated to get the full story. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

I do recommend creating a thread in the Mai-HiME/Otome General Forum section. Just so we can keep track of your progress. It's always nice to have updates! I can even have friends of mine, like shezeai-neko drop in and proof your work! She's a huge ShizNat fan, and fan of the series in general.

Ironheart wrote:Yes, yes nice to meet everyone. :)
I am sketching Shizuru right now. :D

Waaaatcha doing right now? Part 14~ - Page 10 Wipsf10

I have a little fantasy where Mai-HiME/Otome casts all in part some sort of ala Fate/SN AU. Here, Shizuru is Lancer class in my imagination.

Sssshhhh- let this pathetic me have her own self-indulgence.

Still in progress. Now my problem is how to go about her outfit design. Sigh ;;

Outfits are always the tough part. My fiancee has trouble deciding what outfit Natsuki and Shizuru are going to wear in her next comic strip. If you want some inspiration, check out her work on Ara Ara Oi Oi! It belongs to us at Mai-Multiverse:

wetochan's ShizNat Webcomics
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Trying to make some progress with a story I'm writing. Nothing is really clicking. Maybe I need a break.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:23 am

Cleaning up the first chapter. For posting! Perhaps. After I figure out how tables work...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:OH MY GOD! You know, everyone who has tackled the Mai-HiME Destiny novel translations has either given up, or passed away in the process. ... BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!
I'll need it! (•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑) Especially with how much other stuff people are asking me to translate! Destiny isn't too complicated to understand in Japanese, but translating it is a bit difficult. With dialogue and character songs, it's easy enough to capture the "feeling" of what's being said, but prose is a whole different ballgame, since Japanese clause construction and writing habits are a lot more... Hm. Restrictive? Than English? They often read as quite flat in English, even though the imagery in the original feels decently evocative. It's a struggle to decide how to communicate that difference.

The novels themselves are long, too! About 300 pages, whereas most are about 1/4th that length. I'm determined to finish it, though. I've been waiting to get my hands on this for years! I'm excited to share it! I'm gonna do it! Aaaah! ૮( ᵒ̌▱๋ᵒ̌ )ა

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I do recommend creating a thread in the Mai-HiME/Otome General Forum section. Just so we can keep track of your progress. It's always nice to have updates! I can even have friends of mine, like shezeai-neko drop in and proof your work! She's a huge ShizNat fan, and fan of the series in general.
I may do that indeed! I post the song translations to a Tumblr, but I can cross-post them here, as well. It's quicker for me to do the songs than it is for me to transcribe a chapter, so they'll be more frequent.

Part of the reason it's taking so long is that I noticed there aren't really any proper lyrics available online for some of the Mai-HiME character songs, so I decided to write them up from the booklets available with the CD albums. This way, other people can also do their own translations, even if they have sucky listening ability like me.

Personally, I tend to try and think of how a Japanese audience would receive a line and translate based on that, rather than translating something literally or word-for-word, which means I take a few liberties with how I phrase things. I think it'd be good for people to see the original Japanese alongside my English translation so that they can get a more rounded picture of the source. 〈(•ˇ‿ˇ•)-→
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am

Peeping through a gap in my curtains... to reveal...

... a window.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Looking over a friend's chapter of a story. The edits he made are considerately better.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:40 am

Formatting... Tables... ( ⚆ _ ⚆ );;;

Update: Giving up on formatting is fun! You should try it. o(^∀^*)o

Last edited by Akamanto on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update.)
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am

Reading & listening to someone take more than an hour to mow a lawn of roughly eight square feet. Honestly. You could do it with blunt scissors in less time.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am

Been super busy with so much stuff lately! working on graphic novel and getting the first volume ready by the end of January! Also putting two cosplays together for NYCC!
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1571
Armitage GUTS!!! : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Recovering from eating.

*burp* sorry!
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:21 pm

I'm at the last 10 minutes of the night. Where I begin meditating and reflecting on things, and realizing just how powerless I am.
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:16 am

Trying to think of what to do next.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 am

Scoping out the conventions for 2018! Already booked Sci Fi Valley Con for June...and waiting for conformation for Setsucon :3 Might be throwing Tekko and Liberty City Con in next year too. This also includes our second convention this December too!

firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am

Dicking about on Pinterest.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Watching Doug while working on FS!
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:39 am

Reading about gorgons.
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:23 am

trying to scramble around with last minute things for cosplay while at work....
firesphere306
firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next