Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars / Mai Hime fic project

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars / Mai Hime fic project Empty Star Wars / Mai Hime fic project

Post by Aomame Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm a loyal Star Wars fan and with all The Force Awakens fever these days, I started imagining random SW' scenes with the Mai Hime characters starring :D so I thought maybe there would be fanfics about it, but alas! Could not find any. Luu Sky Saphire suggested I could start writing one where the Mai Hime characters take the roles of the SW ones and I said why not? ^_^
So I am going to ask you guys, of course, those who've watched at least the first two trilogies, to help me with some ideas to choose the right counterpart of our beloved hime in SW.
Everything is valid! Genders don't matters, what matters is that there is something each character can relate to somehow.
I am only collecting ideas now. I don't have any clear setting or time line. What I am very sure of is that Shizuru and Natsuki (at least at some point in the story) must be in opposite sides of the force :3
Oh... And please, leave Jar Jar Binks out of this ^_^U

I'm waiting for your ideas! May the force and the boobs be with you, always :)

PS: Questions are welcome too.
Aomame
Aomame
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 23
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

Back to top Go down

Star Wars / Mai Hime fic project Empty Re: Star Wars / Mai Hime fic project

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Aomame wrote:Hello everyone!
I'm a loyal Star Wars fan and with all The Force Awakens fever these days, I started imagining random SW' scenes with the Mai Hime characters starring :D so I thought maybe there would be fanfics about it, but alas! Could not find any. Luu Sky Saphire suggested I could start writing one where the Mai Hime characters take the roles of the SW ones and I said why not? ^_^
So I am going to ask you guys, of course, those who've watched at least the first two trilogies, to help me with some ideas to choose the right counterpart of our beloved hime in SW.
Everything is valid! Genders don't matters, what matters is that there is something each character can relate to somehow.
I am only collecting ideas now. I don't have any clear setting or time line. What I am very sure of is that Shizuru and Natsuki (at least at some point in the story) must be in opposite sides of the force :3

I'm waiting for your ideas! May the force and the boobs be with you, always :)

PS: Questions are welcome too.

You don't have to worry about that. There should be no Jar Jar Binks in your Mai-HiME/Otome-Star Wars story. The main reason he didn't work in the prequel trilogy is because of how useless he was. He was just something for babies to laugh at.

With your story, I would highly recommend that you don't start with the storyline of Episode I. Nothing really happened in it, except Obi Wan meeting Anakin. That is the true beginning of the story (well, the way it was told briefly in Episode IV: A New Hope). So start off with a Jedi Natsuki (age 15), meeting a young padawan in Nao Yuuki (age 10). Natsuki feels that Nao is strong with the Force, which must be due to her kindness. Yes: KINDNESS. Not cry baby Anakin and his pissy fits from Episode II and III.

See, Anakin didn't work in the prequels because we didn't see any of his Jedi training, nor do we know him as a character. All we know is why he's pissed off all the time. That's too thinly sketched for a character (blame George Lucas's horrible writing). There's no substance to that. To have Nao fill Anakin's role, make her a genuinely nice person with a set of principals. She follows the Jedi code and struggles a lot in her training.

Then you have the Sith...Empress Shizuru. Like Sidious/Palpatine, Shizuru is a perverted Sith Lord who corrupts everything and everyone. She eventually realizes Nao's potential and wants to seduce her to the dark side. We also learn (much better for dramatic effect, okay?) that Shizuru is in love with the wise Jedi Master Natsuki Kuga. Have your readers believe they're the deadliest of enemies until we see more character moments for Shizuru. Eventually, we see this Light and Dark struggle for Nao. Despite how Shizuru feels about Natsuki and disagrees with her Jedi ways, she is determined to convert Nao so she doesn't end up like Natsuki. In turn, Natsuki doesn't end want Nao to lose herself to the Dark side. Through battles and conflicts, you'll see this tug of war for the galaxy is ultimately a love story AND a maternal one for Nao. Because Nao is caught in the middle, she will need to find herself and her place in the galaxy. Perhaps, she can be the bridge between Light and Dark.

This is only a small outline, but it's partially how, I think, the prequels would of been improved. Minus the yuri stuff, of course. We need to *care* why our protagonists are in this crisis to begin with. So that once we get into the Original Trilogy storyline, we know why Natsuki, Nao and Shizuru's legacy has the entire galaxy at war. More characters will be part of the mix, like Mai, Mikoto, Midori, Yukariko, Arika, Nina, Rosalie, Maria...the possibilities are endless.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aomame Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Wow!! Thank you so much Luu. That's a brilliant idea! I had actually thought of Shizuru as a Sith as well. I know that you can make all characters fit any a role if you really know how to write... But I honestly cannot think of Shizuru as anybody else, and voilĂ ! Her eyes matching her saber color ^_^ oh Gosh, just imagine her all in black in her Empress throne *nosebleed* seducing... JEDI *cough!* I mean fighting the Jedi Razz and blowing up planets and stuff :3. It would be a challenge for me to portray Natsuki as the righteous, patient Jedi 'cause I've mostly have her in my mind as MaiHime Natsuki, ANGRY Natsuki, but I could try to work it out somehow.
I was thinking about giving Natsuki the role you give to Nao, and her being seduced to the dark side after finding out Saeko only used her and she cannot be with Shizuru 'cause of the Jedi code... But I guess that sounds too much like Ep III and it's not that exciting. Plus you're right about everything you said :/ Nevertheless! I do think the idea of finding out Saeko used her and this leading Nat to anger fear etc could be used at some point? I don't know.
Anyway, it's an excellent plot you got there. Thank you soooo much, you're amazing.
If you get any other random ideas feel free to comment again ^_^ as soon as I can access my laptop, I'll start typing outlines I swear (got to finally login from my phone,
weird). And May the boobs be with you! ^_^

Aomame
Aomame
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 23
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 am

A Star Wars x Mai HiME crossover ? Interesting idea, I want to read this Happy

I like Luu's ideas, except for Nao being the young, talented padawan. I cannot really imagine a teacher-student relationship between these two, it would not suit Nao's teasing personality. (Plus, I've never really liked Nao, and I don't want readers to start imagining some NatNao here !)
I think Nina would be more appropriate, in Mai Otome she was hesitating between Dark and Light. But maybe it's too obvious ?
Maybe give a try to a secondary character (Chie, Aoi, Akane...) ? It's sad how some characters have been rather under exploited in both series. Please give a role to Youko and to Irina, I love them ! (by the way, if someone knows a good Youko x Irina story, let me know Razz )

Aomame wrote:Her eyes matching her saber color ^_^ oh Gosh, just imagine her all in black in her Empress throne
Oww, now I want to see this been drawn :D When I have some time I could give it a try.

Aomame wrote:It would be a challenge for me to portray Natsuki as the righteous, patient Jedi 'cause I've mostly have her in my mind as MaiHime Natsuki, ANGRY Natsuki, but I could try to work it out somehow.
Maybe you should rather get inspired by Otome Natsuki. She's not a teacher but she's much more quiet and patient than HiME Natsuki. This has been said, if Natsuki is 15 in the story, she's not a fully achieved Jedi so she's not perfect, she may be angry and impatient from time to time, it would be more fun (and in that case it would work better with Nao. Could be great with Chie too).

Aomame wrote:I do think the idea of finding out Saeko used her and this leading Nat to anger fear etc could be used at some point? I don't know.
It would be interesting. In Mai HiME, all what's about her mother played a great role to explain her personality. In that sense, I've always found HiME Natsuki being more interesting and more complex that Otome Natsuki.
For now we are only speaking about the young talented padawan (should it be Nao or someone else) being tempted by the Force, but maybe Natsuki could face this temptation too at a certain point of the story, leading every reader to be worried that both Natsuki and her padawan could join the Dark Side. Then you have to decide what will save Natsuki from the Dark Side (her love for Shizuru that would lead her to realize all the good and the kindness in her own heart ? her friendship with I don't know who ?).
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 224
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

http://antiopedethemiscyre.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down