Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is mai hime the shiznat show?!

+5
Layla-San
Kino karutta-chan
Midori Sugiura99
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is mai hime the shiznat show?!

is mai hime the shiznat show?! Vote_lcap259%is mai hime the shiznat show?! I_vote_rcap 59% 
[ 16 ]
is mai hime the shiznat show?! Vote_lcap241%is mai hime the shiznat show?! I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 27

is mai hime the shiznat show?! Empty is mai hime the shiznat show?!

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 pm

((had to do this, i want to know))what do you think? :3
if the popular shoujo-ai couple never happened, would you still enjoy mai hime as much as you do now?
does shiznat have the top importance in the anime?
i say no >> it was Nao who made things more interesting. -nod-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

is mai hime the shiznat show?! Empty Re: is mai hime the shiznat show?!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:52 pm

You take what I say so seriously! XD I have that effect on people. ^^;

To answer your question, NO. For the last time: N-O.

The Mai-HiME anime is the story of Mai Tokiha and the struggles she faces within herself as a HiME. Mikoto and Natsuki's stories followed soon after, but it all started first with Mai. She found herself at the center of both major arcs. Even in the Carnival arc, where ShizNat began to shine through, Mai was more involved since it was a misguided Mikoto and Obsidian Lord she had to face. Those were not Shizuru and Natsuki's concern, although Reito's Obsidian Lord influence did make Shizuru lose her mind. That as a whole, was part of the master plan. In the end, it was Mai who was destined to battle Mikoto and confront Reito. Her role is the most important and there's no way ShizNat can overshadow that, no matter how much we love them.

Don't count them out fast though, ShizNat was another vital piece in the whole Carnival arc. It may of had nothing to do with seeking and destroying the Obsidian Lord, but it delivered the most beautiful sidestory I've ever seen. The battle with Reito and Mikoto was good vs. evil. The battle with misguided Shizuru was shades of gray and very personal. Her love for Natsuki was intensified by the evil that was planted in her. This was a job for Natsuki to clean up. Had Mikoto ran into Shizuru, IMO, she would of destroyed her. It wouldn't of made sense for Sunrise to have that happen, this was a perfect time for Natsuki to break the chains of mistrust and express her love for Shizuru.

It's not ShizNat show and yet, you can't blame the fans for thinking that way. Their ordeal in the 2nd half of the series is a hard act to follow and now that the drama is over, there's nothing for the two to do...other than kinky sex. I love you Then again, there's always fanfics and doujinshi. Those are the real ShizNat-only shows.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:14 pm

Shiznat is actually not a huge part of the show for me. I mean, of course I love them, but they really aren't what make or break the show. If there weren't Midori... or Akira... or Mikoto, then perhaps I wouldn't like the show as much.

They're a great yuri couple, but they aren't the end all be all of Mai HiME. They are an important part of the show yes, but not the whole show.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:20 pm

My beloved Bicky is right. I didn't know about ShizNat at first, aside from maybe some fanarts I ran into, so they weren't the main attraction. What tickled my urges to watch Mai-HiME was the fight scenes shown in the first episodes. Like any anime with cool scene, I wanted to see if the story would deliver. To my surprise, Mai-HiME (and Mai-Otome for that matter) turned out MUCH better than expected. Mai-HiME was down to earth and very enjoyable. Still is, with so much left to explore beyond just ShizNat. Some characters could be written better like Yukariko, and some have potential but don't do much like my Akane-chan. *hugs Akane*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 am

-laughs- thanks guys! :3 i'm tired of people thinking the anime is about them and not the others >>
like Nao, she had a more difficult life than Mai.
she should have been the main girl. >>
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Yeah, we know Megan ;P

Well, Shizuru and Natsuki were the reason I started watching Mai HiME. I hadn't any sources for looking for good anime at that time, so I was happy that there were FanArts of them ;D
Anyway: My answer is NO, too. You can't reduce it to only these two characters. Of course they are a part of it and it wouldn't be the same without them, but there is so much more and it would be the same with the other characters.
I don't know why anyone would think like this o_O
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 pm

I agree with that completely. I mean it's the reason why I watched, but it's not the only reason why I love it. I love every character in their own way, ShizNat by far is my favorite.
But it's the other characters that make you laugh, cry, and sympathize for. ShizNat is just little extra on the side.

That's my opinion at least.
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 412
Armitage GUTS!!! : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:00 pm

I have to admit, if it weren't for the powerful Episode 25, I wouldn't be celebrating ShizNat as much as I do now. The events in that episode truly made them legends.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I have to admit, if it weren't for the powerful Episode 25, I wouldn't be celebrating ShizNat as much as I do now. The events in that episode truly made them legends.
Agreed. But it wouldn't have kept me from loving them. I loved them as soon as I laid eyes on them. :'D <3
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I did like Natsuki from the start. How could I not? She fought a nice battle with Mikoto and she's just cool from all directions. Shizuru didn't catch on with me until the later episodes. She was just there to me at first. Pretty and had the most attractive accent, but still just there. ^_^ Not as bad as her role in the Mai HiME manga, but you know what I mean.[i]
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I did like Natsuki from the start. How could I not? She fought a nice battle with Mikoto and she's just cool from all directions. Shizuru didn't catch on with me until the later episodes. She was just there to me at first. Pretty and had the most attractive accent, but still just there. ^_^ Not as bad as her role in the Mai HiME manga, but you know what I mean.[i]
Agreed. When I first saw Natsuki I was like this * q* <3333
Agreed. I mean Shizuru didn't have a big part in the anime at the begining, but as soon as I saw them together I was like "ohh couple alert!" In all animes/television shows, I look for couples. So BAM! :'D <3
Don't hate me please, I haven't read the manga. EXA is my first HiME/Otome manga.
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Layla-San wrote:Agreed. When I first saw Natsuki I was like this * q* <3333
Agreed. I mean Shizuru didn't have a big part in the anime at the begining, but as soon as I saw them together I was like "ohh couple alert!" In all animes/television shows, I look for couples. So BAM! :'D <3
Don't hate me please, I haven't read the manga. EXA is my first HiME/Otome manga.

lol Heck yeah! <3 Natsuki made a fantastic entrance kneeing Tate in the gut and having a nice duel with Mikoto. I couldn't tell who I liked more at first. Natsuki had the cool mecha-puppy and Mikoto had the awesome Miroku sword. I usually lean towards the swords women, but Natsuki got my attention more in the end. Mainly because of her character and backstory.

lol Ever watch Desperate Housewives? I consider the pair of Katherine and Robin like their version of ShizNat. Sorta. XD

Oh wow. The manga is good if you read it as a Mai HiME fan. Not as a ShizNat fan. If you read it to expect ShizNat goodness, you'll be disappointed. Although there are beautiful shots of the two together in the few times they meet.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Layla-San wrote:Agreed. When I first saw Natsuki I was like this * q* <3333

lol Heck yeah! <3 Natsuki made a fantastic entrance kneeing Tate in the gut and having a nice duel with Mikoto. I couldn't tell who I liked more at first. Natsuki had the cool mecha-puppy and Mikoto had the awesome Miroku sword. I usually lean towards the swords women, but Natsuki got my attention more in the end. Mainly because of her character and backstory.

lol Ever watch Desperate Housewives? I consider the pair of Katherine and Robin like their version of ShizNat. Sorta. XD

Oh wow. The manga is good if you read it as a Mai HiME fan. Not as a ShizNat fan. If you read it to expect ShizNat goodness, you'll be disappointed. Although there are beautiful shots of the two together in the few times they meet.

Agreed! I LOVE the oversized sword a lot. Blackrose. <3 But in the end, though I'm more like Mikoto, I fell in love with Natsuki. She's more my type of "mysterious, bad-girl" <33

OMFG! You just made my entire night with that. They totally are! I loved Katherine's character and Robin was just to cute! It makes me so sad that they left the show. -cries- But they're brining my other crush Vanessa Williams to the show. <3

See now. I'd read it as a ShizNat fan. Reading voluntarily is only for pleasure, like ShizNat. Ohh. Maybe I should browse it just for those pictures. ; 3;
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Layla-San wrote:OMFG! You just made my entire night with that. They totally are! I loved Katherine's character and Robin was just to cute! It makes me so sad that they left the show. -cries- But they're brining my other crush Vanessa Williams to the show. <3

See now. I'd read it as a ShizNat fan. Reading voluntarily is only for pleasure, like ShizNat. Ohh. Maybe I should browse it just for those pictures. ; 3;

XD Yeah, they were a magnificent pair. They should come back and continue to show how lesbian love can be beautiful too. You know the United States, still not too 100% cool with homosexuality. ^^; Feel even more sorry for lesbians in Japan. Vanessa Williams is hawt!

^_^ Suit yourself. The picture are very nice. Anyone out there have them? I'm too lazy to scan my books at this hour. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:18 am

My friend randomly picked up mai hime a ‘from Anime to skateboards’ and begged me to watch it with her. I got hooked right when I saw natsuki bein all bad ass, and I thought the show could have revolved around her. Then I thought her and nao would hook up ha *even though I despise natnao parings but love shiznao ones*, but shiznat happens and the story still would have been good without it, I just wouldn’t be as obsessed without it lol
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Layla-San wrote:OMFG! You just made my entire night with that. They totally are! I loved Katherine's character and Robin was just to cute! It makes me so sad that they left the show. -cries- But they're brining my other crush Vanessa Williams to the show. <3

XD Yeah, they were a magnificent pair. They should come back and continue to show how lesbian love can be beautiful too. You know the United States, still not too 100% cool with homosexuality. ^^; Feel even more sorry for lesbians in Japan. Vanessa Williams is hawt!

^_^ Suit yourself. The picture are very nice. Anyone out there have them? I'm too lazy to scan my books at this hour. ^^;
They are! I don't know why they'd do that to me. I really did love Katherine, even when she went crazy, I still loved her. ; n; Yes. -shakes fist- Unfortunatly it's everywhere. I'd like to say Canada is better about it, but I can't even say that. What about them in Japan? Hehe, I love my VeBee. <3

Gosh I'd be to lazy to even scan them! <3 xD

@ Wolf: I would have thought the same thing had I not seen fan videos about them before. But NatNao could have been a pairing in the anime. I'd have cried though. But I do see perhaps a friendship for them. Nao teases Natsuki just as much as Shizuru would do. I love you
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 am

it's not so much that i wanted them to get together i just thought they would at first. then i fell in love with shizuru. and i HATE natnao parings! there needs to be more shiznao i say! mostly because it would be self destructive and kind cute if Nao saved the day for once and went all romantic.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Layla-San wrote: I'd like to say Canada is better about it, but I can't even say that.<3

Just came back from Canada, and I have to say that I felt generally more welcome there as a gay person. Gotta love those Canadians. Of course, no one is perfect...

@Other wolf: We really should have an epic meeting, Red Eyes. *loads silver cartridge*
(Also, I must admit that I do enjoy the occasional ShizNao fanfiction, but only if the pairing is for fun. I'm a ShizNat fan all the way though.)

---------------------

In my opinion, Mai-HiME is not the ShizNat show because:
I am very picky about the anime I watch. I will say that knowing that there is a canon or even semi-canon yuri couple in an anime will help get me to watch maybe the first few episodes of most anime. However, most of the time, I lose interest in even getting to the part of the series that has to do with the couple because I get bored with the rest of the show (Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, for example). But Mai HiME was so different! I was hooked on the rest of the characters from the beginning, and on Natsuki's character in general, not just that one part.

The climax of their little arc was fantastic, though and was still my favorite part of the whole series (all hail episode 25!!). But Mai HiME is so so so much more than ShizNat. ShizNat is just the sexiest part with the best fandom Wink
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Layla-San Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:55 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:it's not so much that i wanted them to get together i just thought they would at first. then i fell in love with shizuru. and i HATE natnao parings! there needs to be more shiznao i say! mostly because it would be self destructive and kind cute if Nao saved the day for once and went all romantic.
I agree! They should devote an entire 26 episodes to us, all centering ShizNat. = u= <33 -dies-

@ Flamewolf: What part of Canada did you visit? C:
Layla-San
Layla-San
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:My friend randomly picked up mai hime a ‘from Anime to skateboards’ and begged me to watch it with her. I got hooked right when I saw natsuki bein all bad ass, and I thought the show could have revolved around her.l

I've mentioned that so many times in the past. Natsuki's back story is complex, tragic and full of yummy angst for us to feast on. Natsuki no Prelude really tickled our senses on what a Natsuki-only story could be like. That should turn into an anime btw.

RedEyedWolf wrote:it's not so much that i wanted them to get together i just thought they would at first. then i fell in love with shizuru. and i HATE natnao parings! there needs to be more shiznao i say! mostly because it would be self destructive and kind cute if Nao saved the day for once and went all romantic.

Seeing Nao get all romantic would a nice change. XD I can't imagine her with Shizuru, especially when Shizuru could of killed her like twice. Again, anything goes in our minds and fanfiction. ^_~

Flamewolf119 wrote:I am very picky about the anime I watch. I will say that knowing that there is a canon or even semi-canon yuri couple in an anime will help get me to watch maybe the first few episodes of most anime. However, most of the time, I lose interest in even getting to the part of the series that has to do with the couple because I get bored with the rest of the show (Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, for example). But Mai HiME was so different! I was hooked on the rest of the characters from the beginning, and on Natsuki's character in general, not just that one part.

lol I try to spot yuri couples, although they're not my immediate search while watching a new series. With any anime or manga series, I just want my five star story with three-dimensional characters. Without ShizNat, I believe I would of still loved Mai-HiME. We wouldn't have the greatness of Episode 25, but we would have Mai's breakdown from Tate's temporary death. That was the second most powerful moment in the series for me.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 pm

so i'm not the only wolf here?
shiznat would be my first, shiznao my 2nd
they need to stop teasing us and give us a real shiznat anime/manga

i guess the only reason i can see shiznao is because i can't see anyone but shizuru with natsuki but i can see many with shizuru.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamewolf119 Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
I've mentioned that so many times in the past. Natsuki's back story is complex, tragic and full of yummy angst for us to feast on. Natsuki no Prelude really tickled our senses on what a Natsuki-only story could be like. That should turn into an anime btw.

Umm, absolutely. I vote Natsuki as our next series heroine. (Like that's going to happen...)

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:We wouldn't have the greatness of Episode 25, but we would have Mai's breakdown from Tate's temporary death. That was the second most powerful moment in the series for me.

Yeah, that was great. Mai after Takumi's death always gets me too.

RedEyedWolf wrote:

i guess the only reason i can see shiznao is because i can't see anyone but shizuru with natsuki but i can see many with shizuru.

Yeah, I feel the same way. -tries not to imagine the excellence of a shizuru harem *q* -
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 pm

i'm a shizuru fan girl, what can i say?
one night with me and she'd forget about natsuki.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Flamewolf119 wrote:Umm, absolutely. I vote Natsuki as our next series heroine. (Like that's going to happen...)

Not over Sunrise's dead body...>>...bodies.

RedEyedWolf wrote:one night with me and she'd forget about natsuki.

is mai hime the shiznat show?! PDVD_013 : Bitch, one night with me and she'd forget about every woman on Earth.

Rolling Eyes Go back to the Mai-Otome section, Tomoe.

is mai hime the shiznat show?! PDVD_002-3 : Apologies. Just telling it like it is.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 pm

haha damn Tomoe and her even-better-stalker-of-shizuru-ness.
RedEyedWolf
RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next