Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection

4 posters

Go down

drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection Empty Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm

HiME  Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection HiME
---

Due to overwhelming demand, the Mai-HiME Drama CDs (both volume one and two) have been uploaded on the Mai-Multiverse YouTube Channel! Listen to untold and extended stories of the Mai-HiME saga in all their glory. 23 tracks in all!

Sample: Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 - Track 1

You can access the entire playlist here: Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection

Discussions are welcome below! Enjoy!

mai hime
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection Empty Re: Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection

Post by Antiope Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Aw, thank you very much Luu!  Hug
I'm looking forward to listening to them! (just have to find some time to do so...)

Are the translations needed or are they already available somewhere on the forum?
I think I have all translations in english for Mai HiME CD Dramas, I can post them if needed.
I just miss some translations for Mai Otome CD Dramas, I only have a few tracks.
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 224
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

http://antiopedethemiscyre.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection Empty Re: Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:15 am

omg omg these new drama cd audios are so much fun!
thank you for more Mai Hime luu-san!
i'm still subscribed to your youtube page ^.^
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Antiope wrote:Aw, thank you very much Luu!  Hug
I'm looking forward to listening to them! (just have to find some time to do so...)

Are the translations needed or are they already available somewhere on the forum?
I think I have all translations in english for Mai HiME CD Dramas, I can post them if needed.
I just miss some translations for Mai Otome CD Dramas, I only have a few tracks.

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:omg omg these new drama cd audios are so much fun!
thank you for more Mai Hime luu-san!
i'm still subscribed to your youtube page ^.^

You're welcome, ladies. Antiope, they are available somewhere, but you can make a new thread dedicated to them anyway. Add them here as well, so the search engines can make it easier for fans (not registered on the forum) to find them.

Make sure all the translations you list are in order. Thank you for contributing! high five
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
You're welcome, ladies. Antiope, they are available somewhere, but you can make a new thread dedicated to them anyway. Add them here as well, so the search engines can make it easier for fans (not registered on the forum) to find them.

Make sure all the translations you list are in order. Thank you for contributing! high five

I'm happy I can contribute in some way :)

I don't remember where I picked them, the translator had some difficulties sometimes.

It seems logical to have the lyrics in the same thread that the audios. I'll post them after I come back from my seminar. I won't have time before I go.
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Antiope wrote:

I'm happy I can contribute in some way :)

I don't remember where I picked them, the translator had some difficulties sometimes.

It seems logical to have the lyrics in the same thread that the audios. I'll post them after I come back from my seminar. I won't have time before I go.

Sounds great! Thanks once again! In time, we'll have all of them translated. It's a lengthy process of course; a lot of volunteers in the past didn't realize how demanding it was until they actually tackled it.

At the moment, I'm just happy listening to the amazing seiyuu of our legendary franchise. Happy
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 am

I'm back!

The translations are too long, I'll have to cut them in several posts.

My Hime Drama CD Vol. 1

Track 1 - Prologue:

Track 2: Chapter 1 – In the Beginning…:

Track 3: Chapter 2 - Lingerie Rhapsody:

Track 4: Chapter 3 – Until Then Linden:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:14 am

Track 5:Chapter 4 - After The Festival:

Track 6: Chapter 5 - The Festival Later - Ato no Matsuri:

Track 7:Chapter 6 - Student Council Burning Up (Moeyu) - Seitokai:

Track 8 - Chapter 7 - Illusionary Legend - Maboroshi no Dengon:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:20 am

Track 9 - Chapter 8 - Sister Yukariko's Confessional - Sister Yukariko no Zangeshitsu:

Track 10 - Chapter EX Bonus Track:

11 – Epilogue:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 am

My Hime Drama CD Vol. 2

Track 01: Prologue:

Track 02-Chapter 1 - Demonic Uproar - Oni no kakuran!:

Track 03-Chapter 2 - Natsuki's Desperation - Natsuki, zettai zetsumei:

Track 04: Chapter 3 – Whose Child is This?:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:47 am

Track 05: Chapter 4 – A Small Life:

Track 06: Chapter 5 – The Mysterious Story of the Kazehana Mansion:

Track 07: Chapter 6 – ‘X’ Marks Temptation:

Track 08: Chapter 7 – The Men’s? Elegy:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:53 am

Track 09. Chapter 8- Sakura no hana, sakukoro:

Track 10: Chapter 9 – Thoughts For Tomorrow:

Track 11: Chapter EX Bonus Track:

Track 12: Epilogue:
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:23 pm

OH. MY. GOD.

shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby shizurubaby

Every single translation is available! You really outdid yourself here, Antiope! Thanks a bunch! This is a huge release, so I will be promoting it on more than just the forum. The blog, ShizNat Webs, our deviantART group and MM Facebook!

drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection PDVD_111

^ The girls are pleased with your efforts! Thanks so much! The fans will appreciate it. Once I'm done, the next big step will be adding all this dialogue to the videos themselves. I'll set time aside for that in the future. Right now, this is the next best thing!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 pm

It's my pleasure  Happy

I didn't do that much, I just picked the translations somewhere on the Web, I don't remember where. It seemed normal to me to share them with all fans :)

I haven't listened to all of the tracks yet, but I would like to have your opinion, guys: do you consider the CD dramas canon?
Before I read the translations for the first time, I didn't understand why Shizuru is considered to be such a pervert, but now I understand ^^
These CDs are really interesting, but they are also really perverted, I think they added a good amount of fanservice! (I don't like to imagine Shizuru groping boobs other than Natsuki's ^^)
I'm not used to drama so I don't know if dramas are always like that or not.

Track 8 of CD 1 (with Tate, Shiho and Akane) is quite interesting. Did Shiho really speak with Akane that night ? Shiho still wasn't awakened as a HiME, so she probably didn't understand anything!

Drunk Natsuki and Nao were very fun ^^

My favourite track is probably the 9th of CD 2 (sakura no hana, sakukoro), where Shizuru speaks about how she met Natsuki. How touching!  blush
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 am

Antiope wrote:I didn't do that much, I just picked the translations somewhere on the Web, I don't remember where. It seemed normal to me to share them with all fans :)

Here is the source=))
My Hime Drama CD Vol. 1: https://sites.google.com/site/translationcd/home/my-hime-drama-cd-vol-1
My Hime Drama CD Vol. 2: https://sites.google.com/site/translationcd/home/my-hime-drama-cd-vol-2

Antiope wrote:
I haven't listened to all of the tracks yet, but I would like to have your opinion, guys: do you consider the CD dramas canon?
Personally, I consider Mai-Hime Drama CD non-canon. Because there are a lot of inconsistencies with actual storyline in the anime... plus, the characters were pretty ooc with their behavior... as you mentioned, Shizuru is pretty ooc in the Drama CD compared to the anime... In the anime, she is more respectful towards Natsuki and her space/feelings... also in the anime, Shizuru is a lot better at hiding her emotions and her behavior isn't so perverted...

Moreover, even in Drama CD themselves had been implied that they may be not entirely true...

E.g., in "Track 12: Epilogue" Nagi says,
Spoiler:

In few other cases throughout the Drama CD were also hints that these stories may or may not be true... So it's up to each listener to decide whether consider it canon or non-canon =))

And about inconsistencies of which I spoke...

E.g., Track 07: Chapter 6 – ‘X’ Marks Temptation....
Spoiler:

At that time, Natsuki didn't even know that Akira was a Hime, so Natsuki had no way of knowing the name of Akira's Child...

or for example, 10 - Chapter EX Bonus Track, Chie says,
Spoiler:

They all were naked, so every Hime could see each other birthmarks and could with no problems guess who is a Hime... but at that time still no one knew that Yukariko, Yukino, Shizuru and Akane were a Hime...  so this track is pretty much just fanservice and non-canon...

and there are still many other inconsistencies.
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:11 am

Thank you for your answer.

Ah yes, I took the translations from that website.

And about the question of canon/non canon, in fact there's only one track (the one in the rotenburo) where Nagi said it may not be true.

Nagi: On a certain day of the month… which really just means you have no idea when this happened or if it didn’t, in other words, it’s my little secret. But you know, I think to myself, sometimes it's fun to mess around like this. Right?

And given the contents of the track, I agree that this one is probably not true ^^

But from what you've quoted, he said himself that it was not seriously done but he was not lying.

I personally think that the 2 bonus tracks are not true, and for the others tracks, well they might contain a more or less important part of truth. Most of them are quite plausible (Mai and Natsuki speaking about what are Orphans, Shizuru speaking about her feelings for Natsuki...).
I'm just a bit sceptical about the negi scene. I don't think Shizuru would do such a thing but as you said, she is excessively perverted in most of the tracks! (except in "Sakura no hana"). That's for that sort of things that Nagi said it was not seriously done. He probably twisted a bit the facts.

About the inconsistencies you were talking about:

At that time, Natsuki didn't even know that Akira was a Hime, so Natsuki had no way of knowing the name of Akira's Child...

It's true, but I don't think you have to take that part literally. The dialogue between Takumi and Akira is just invented.

for example, 10 - Chapter EX Bonus Track, Chie says,

Spoiler:

They all were naked, so every Hime could see each other birthmarks and could with no problems guess who is a Hime... but at that time still no one knew that Yukariko, Yukino, Shizuru and Akane were a Hime...  so this track is pretty much just fanservice and non-canon...

This track is clearly not canon.
But Chie pointed out an interesting thing. Some HiMEs have their mark in a quite visible spot on their body. Shiho already noticed that Mai and Mikoto have the same mark (when they are in the same bath, in the episode where they are preparing the temple for a wedding).
Natsuki and Akane have their mark in their back, and they are in the same classroom. When they are in the changing room of the swimming pool (episode 4 with the lingery thief), nobody noticed their marks?
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:42 am

Antiope wrote:...But from what you've quoted, he said himself that it was not seriously done but he was not lying.
He probably twisted a bit the facts.
That's what I'm talking about when I said that they may be not entirely true=)) The exact same story always can be told differently (omit some things/exaggerate other things/spice up few things/twist some things)...

And since all of these stories are told from Nagi's point of view... and we all know that he's manipulative, deceptive little scoundrel, who does not lie, but distorts the truth to the point where very little of the truth remains...

Plus, the onsen track/story shows that he is not only manipulative and deceptive, but also very perverted =))

Sunrise actually made a wise move to choose Nagi as a narrator and also gave the audience that little dialogue between Nagi and Mashiro...  cuz these facts leave some room for the audience’s interpretation, so that each of us can decide for themself whether consider it canon or non-canon... =))

They have left three options for the audience:

1) All of the tracks are non-canon, since Nagi distorted the truth to the point where it ceased to be true;

2) Selective... i.e. some parts of the tracks are true, while other parts are Nagi's perverted imagination or/and distortion of the truth;

3) All of the tracks are canon.

Antiope wrote:About the inconsistencies you were talking about:
It's true, but I don't think you have to take that part literally. The dialogue between Takumi and Akira is just invented.
No, what I meant that, since it's Natsuki who narrates these examples, it's strange that she used exactly the word "Gennai" as a metaphor... How has she even knew this word? since at that time Natsuki had no way of knowing the name of Akira's Child...

Antiope wrote:Natsuki and Akane have their mark in their back, and they are in the same classroom. When they are in the changing room of the swimming pool (episode 4 with the lingery thief), nobody noticed their marks?
I guess that they always providently covered their marks...
drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection Prince10
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Antiope Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Ah, I forgot to answer here! Gomen!

PostoronnimV wrote:1) All of the tracks are non-canon, since Nagi distorted the truth to the point where it ceased to be true;

2) Selective... i.e. some parts of the tracks are true, while other parts are Nagi's perverted imagination or/and distortion of the truth;

3) All of the tracks are canon.
You perfectly summarized things here.
Personnaly I think that some parts are true while other are Nagi's fantasies or distortion of truth.
It's the same problem with Mai Otome omake. Some parts are really interesting (Shizurus's memories (I really wish I had a translation of Natsuki's memories as well!), Mai explaining to Natsuki why she disappeared, Erstin writing her letter to her friends...) while other are just for fun (the "Miaouterialize" killed me but it has nothing serious) or fanservice (the boob wash with Erstin, Arika and Nina...).

PostoronnimV wrote:
Antiope wrote:About the inconsistencies you were talking about:
No, what I meant that, since it's Natsuki who narrates these examples, it's strange that she used exactly the word "Gennai" as a metaphor... How has she even knew this word? since at that time Natsuki had no way of knowing the name of Akira's Child...
I see what you mean, but what I mean is since it's not Natsuki's voice for the dialogue between Takumi and Akira, I think she's not narrating that particular part. It's just the imagination of, well nobody in particular. It could be any girl in the group, or the viewer's imagination. In addition to the name Gennai, I don't really imagine Natsuki saying such things...

PostoronnimV wrote:
Antiope wrote:Natsuki and Akane have their mark in their back, and they are in the same classroom. When they are in the changing room of the swimming pool (episode 4 with the lingery thief), nobody noticed their marks?
I guess that they always providently covered their marks...
drama - Mai-HiME Drama CD Volume 1 and 2 Collection Prince10
You're probably right. I just remember that in a mini-episode we can clearly see Akane's mark while she's in the changing room.
Besides, I guess that if one of the two girls was able to see the other's mark, she would be very coutious to hide her own mark to prevent embarrassing questions...
Antiope
Antiope
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:10 am

Antiope wrote:I see what you mean, but what I mean is since it's not Natsuki's voice for the dialogue between Takumi and Akira, I think she's not narrating that particular part. It's just the imagination of, well nobody in particular. It could be any girl in the group, or the viewer's imagination.
I dunno =) Maybe, you're right=)) ... it's just, the story of that track kinda suggests that it was Natsuki who used/narrated those examples... but really, who knows what the authors had in mind when they wrote that track =))
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down