Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome!

3 posters

Go down

The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome! Empty The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 am

The following are various interviews with the seiyuu (Japanese V/As) from Mai HiME and Mai Otome. These came from the Mai HiME manga by Tokyopop:

Interview with the voice actress of Mai Tokiha

Mai Nakahara

Mai Tokiha-chan seems to me, most of all, a strong girl. of course, she has her weaknesses, but she feels the pain of others. if I were into girls, she'd be my ideal girl. having a girl like Mai-chan as a close friend would be great, too -- I've grown quite fond of her.

Today, I recorded ep. 14. I feel that Mai and the others at the academy have grown and changed a great deal since the beginning. Things haven't been all fun -- In fact, they were often quite difficult--but I feel that a strong girl like Mai-chan will overcome these things as part of the growing process.

When I first read the manga, I was totally shocked at how differently it was. "Why's Mai already at Fuuka academy?" and "huh, what's a key?" but the battle scenes were really cool, so I had lots of fun. the "i don't need a child, I'm fine with just an element" line stood out. I thought, "Oh, that's too cool~~!"

Though the characters are the same, I think that doing the manga from a different point of view than the anime makes for twice the fun. For those who want even more "My-HiME," make me happy and listen to the radio drama, too.

Voice actress for Natsuki Kuga

Saeko Chiba

At first, I was overwhelmed by a cool, but aggressive. Lone wolf character like Natsuki. I'm bad at decisive, cool lines, so we had a lot of re-recording. Her cuteness and other aspects became clearer; the role feels completely natural now.

Natsuki is distant, unable to talk softly to others, obsessively self-reliant, and very stingy. I think her heart finally opens because of her wonderful friends.

It seems backwards to me, but in the anime, the more fate hurts people, the closer their fates become, and the more fates binds them...I think that's what made every week compelling. I really had fun wondering what'd come to pass in the next episode.

The manga, with the same characters but a different plot and background, is interesting too. "Oh, that's what they did!" etc. In the manga Natsuki's so gentle. I can tell the manga characters are very faithful to the anime, probably because they studied our work a lot. Glad to read it.

I'm glad even those who haven't seen the show can "hear" our voices through reading.

Profile:

Saeko Chiba: numerous stage/singing/voice-acting roles. Her 2nd album, "Everything" is in stores.
roles include Lapis-chan in "Tottoko ham taro" and Akiho Sudou in "Iria's sky, Ufo summer."

Voice actress for Mikoto Minagi

Ai Shimizu

At first, I was really lost trying to do such a wild, boyish voice -- I had to be careful to make my voice low enough. Mikoto's so active and cute. She sure is sharp to fight and move like that. (~_~) plus, she fights for herself instead of yelling, "Kagutsuchi!" and stuff. I worried about bringing out the charisma of such a strong, serious fighter.

Mikoto likes cats, eating, sleeping, and big breasts. Hey, small's good too. (~_~) can't copy the hair, though; how does she do it? (~_~) She might be like me in how she asks about things she doesn't understand.

I feel that Mikoto's close-ups are more innocent in the manga than the anime. The anime's unfolding mystery was fun, but the manga's scenarios are interesting and action-packed. I especially love Haruka and Yukino's relationship. I think it came off well in the manga, too.

Reading My-Hime isn't enough, so go for the anime, the figures, and radio and become a "My-HiME, PH.D," (~_~)

Extensive work as TV and radio VA and singer such a Deraka ono in "Onegai Twins," Ren in "DearS," and drop in gag colors studio's "Croquette."

Voice actress for Haruka Suzushiro

Ryouka Yuzuki

Haruka looks serious as a bit hysterical, but I really like how she tries her best, even if she looks kind of baka doing it "Her Way" when everyone's serious in a fight. (^_^) And she cries when it gets to the bitter, bitter end. I think she'd make a great cheerleader, giving everyone that never-say-die spirit.

I'm like her in the way she needs 5 or 10 tries what others do in three and saying, "Gotta keep going!" I don't have the guts for leadership like Haruka though. (^_^)

Haruka seems powerful in the manga, maybe because she has battle scenes. I like how the manga battles are totally different from those in the anime, too. Honestly, when no one knew who was a HiME in the TV show, manga fans were writing me saying "Haruka's a HiME, too" and I was like "Oh really!" I told the producers and they said they knew! I figured "She seems like a clueless airhead Enforcement Head but, she's actually a really cool HiME!" Well, not precisely...(^_^)

It's easy to imagine the voices when you've seen both the anime and manga, so see both and imagine my voice as Haruka's, okay? (^_^)

Profile:

Roles include Li-Mei Fong in "Angel Links,"Marie in Sister Princess," Black Widow in "Beast Wars," and Minagi Tohno in "AIR."

Voice actress for Yukino Kikukawa

Noto Mamiko

It's nice to have someone special. If there's one person in "My-HiME" I think that really applies to, it is certainly Yukino.

Yukino and Haruka seems like one person split in two. Even though they don't come off as girlfriends, I feel as though Yukino is always doing things for her precious Haruka.

She's gentle, clingy, timid...but even so, she's fighting to protect the person most dear to her.

I often wonder how scared she must be. losing someone who is as large a part of her as Haruka is would be much harder on a scared girl like her, which only deepens the bonds between them.

I find that aspect charming. I'm a little jealous, even...

Yukino's delicate, but there's still much that is strong inside her.

Though the story is much different in the manga, Yukino is still right there by Haruka's side.

I pray that no matter where those two go, they shall always remain together.

Profile:

Broad work as a VA and in commercials and radio. main roles: Shimako Toudou in "Maria-sama is watching," Nina in "Monster" and Moa in "Sgt. Frog."

Personal thoughts and comment coming soon. In the meantime, talk about your favorite seiyuu from Mai HiME and Otome. Who's your favorite and all that fun stuff. <3

EDIT: Entire list of seiyuu from the Japanese original:

Ai Shimizu as Mikoto Minagi
Mai Nakahara as Mai Tokiha
Saeko Chiba as Natsuki Kuga

Akiko Kimura as Youko Sagisawa
Akira Ishida as Nagi Homura
Junko Iwao as Akane Higurashi
Kikuko Inoue as Yukariko Sanada
Kiyomi Asai as Miyu Greer
Mamiko Noto as Yukino Kikukawa
Mitsuki Saiga as Chie Harada
Naomi Shindoh as Shizuru Fujino
Ryoka Yuzuki as Haruka Suzushiro
Ryoko Shintani as Aoi Senou
Sakura Nogawa as Shiho Munakata
Sanae Kobayashi as Akira Okuzaki
Tomokazu Seki as Yuuichi Tate
Toshihiko Seki as Reito Kanzaki
Yugo Takahashi as Takumi Tokiha
Yukana as
Fumi Himeno
Mashiro Kazahana
Yukari Tamura as Midori Sugiura
Yuko Miyamura as Alyssa Searrs
Yuuka Nanri as Nao Yuuki

Akiko Kimura as Sayuri Ichinose (eps 5, 19)
Akio Suyama as Sakomizu Kaiji-sensei ((afro))
Eri Sendai as Kiyone Nonomiya (ep 11)
Hisafumi Oda as Tatsuhiko Zaizen
Hisanori Koyatsu as Yamada
Kazuma Horie as Kazuya Kurauchi (eps 4-5, 8)
Kimiko Koyama as Yayoi Oota (eps 5, 19)
Kinryuu Arimoto as Joseph Glea (Priest)
Koichi Sakaguchi as
Mochizuki (ep 17)
Sawada-sensei (eps 4-5)
Makoto Nagai as Oblivion Lord (ep 26)
Makoto Yasumura as Sailor (ep 1)
MantarĂ´ Iwao as Ship captain (ep 1)
Masaaki Tsukada as Jii (eps 7, 20)
Masaru Motegi as
Man (eps 6-8)
Mikoto's brother (eps 18-19)
Soldier (ep 15)
Student (eps 3, 21)
Suzuki (ep 16)
Teacher (ep 22)
Miki Nagasawa as Saeko Kuga (ep 9)
Naoya Uchida as John Smith (eps 21-22)
Shinichiro Miki as Ishigami-sensei (art teacher)
Takashi Nagasako as Committee member (ep 15)
Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Male student (ep 22)
Tomoaki Ikeda as Wajima (ep 22)
Tomohisa Asou as Searrs Foundation Director (ep 12)
Wataru Takagi as Jin Munakata (eps 6, 13)
Yoshihisa Kawahara as Sailor (ep 1)
Yoshiko Kamei as Old woman (ep 17)
Youji Ueda as Sailor (ep 1)
Yui Itsuki as Miya Suzuki (eps 5, 9)
Yuji Ueda as Masashi Takeda (Kendo club captain)
Yuko Yano as Mai's Mother (ep 23)
Yuuka Nanri as Female student (ep 22)

Courtesy: Anime News Network

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome! Empty Re: The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome!

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:38 am

hey! cool interviews! Shimizu-san has the best sense of humor!
i only remember the saeko one since it was in a very heavy queen nao volume =3
is there a nao voice actress interview? meh wants eet! >.< -cries-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:39 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:is there a nao voice actress interview? meh wants eet! >.< -cries-[/color]

I don't think so, I could always check again. ^^;

Here are some quick thoughts on Mai Nakahara and Saeko Chiba straight from my blog:

http://maimultiverse.blogspot.com/

Mai Nakahara:

Nakahara is truly the essence of Mai Tokiha. Whenever she expresses happiness, concern, sorrow and loss, you can feel it. She delivers an amazing performance in every episode. My personal favorite moments were any time she became furious. More specifically, furious at Mikoto for causing Takumi's brief demise (thanks to the defeat of Gennai, Akira Okuzaki's Child). Also the moment Mai finally becomes honest with herself and says she loves Mikoto in episode 26. Truly an unforgettable performance in the V/A industry.

Saeko Chiba:

Natsuki's distant and lone wolf ways were really felt with Saeko Chiba. Out of all the V/As in Mai-HiME, she really got into character as Natsuki. She hinted that it was overwhelming in the beginning, never playing a character like Natsuki in the past. Those dramatic moments with Shizuru is where Saeko steps up her game. As her character begins to slowly accept people in general, Saeko begins to open up as a Natsuki that's more sure of herself, with more love in her heart. Try hunting down her song "Kirei na Yume no Sono Hate Ni", one of my personal favorites from the Mai-HiME Character Vocal Album. Such a beautiful song, you won't regret it. ^_~

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 am

kuga-san has the best character songs, i'll admit. :/
you updated your blog, luis! it's cool how many of these voice actresses were involved in other anime i enjoy!!! : DDDDD
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:03 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:it's cool how many of these voice actresses were involved in other anime i enjoy!!! : DDDDD[/color]

Many of those anime are my personal favorites too. ^^; Okay, maybe I enjoyed the DearS manga a lot more. I'll save that discussion for the appropriate thread. lol

BTW I checked the manga books again, there's no interview with Yuuka Nanri. :( Sorry, Meg.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 pm

A beautiful group shot of the Mai-HiME seiyuu cast:

The Seiyuu of Mai HiME/Otome! Artist10

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 am

>< that's so cute they're all holding flowers
-mrr- why do Japanese girls where such awesome boots :3333!
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

Time for a little MITSUKI SAIGA love! The Japanese seiyuu for Chie Harada of Mai-HiME and Chie Hallard of Mai-Otome!

Fanvideo for Mitsuki Saiga

*swoons* You can literally drown in her boyish tone of voice. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Voice actress for Haruka Suzushiro

Ryouka Yuzuki

Haruka looks serious as a bit hysterical, but I really like how she tries her best, even if she looks kind of baka doing it "Her Way" when everyone's serious in a fight. (^_^) And she cries when it gets to the bitter, bitter end. I think she'd make a great cheerleader, giving everyone that never-say-die spirit.

I'm like her in the way she needs 5 or 10 tries what others do in three and saying, "Gotta keep going!" I don't have the guts for leadership like Haruka though. (^_^)

Haruka seems powerful in the manga, maybe because she has battle scenes. I like how the manga battles are totally different from those in the anime, too. Honestly, when no one knew who was a HiME in the TV show, manga fans were writing me saying "Haruka's a HiME, too" and I was like "Oh really!" I told the producers and they said they knew! I figured "She seems like a clueless airhead Enforcement Head but, she's actually a really cool HiME!" Well, not precisely...(^_^)

It's easy to imagine the voices when you've seen both the anime and manga, so see both and imagine my voice as Haruka's, okay? (^_^)

Profile:

Roles include Li-Mei Fong in "Angel Links,"Marie in Sister Princess," Black Widow in "Beast Wars," and Minagi Tohno in "AIR."

I've explained before if Haruka was a HiME it would've lessened the ShizNat, which is a no no. 4 HiME who love each other more than anyone else? Yeah, that would've been crazy. Plus a HaruKino match up against Kiyohime and no Duran? Yeah, I think we all know THAT'D be ShizNat's fall and even *I* Agree that would've been bad for the show. Cuz then Natsuki would be gone and Shizuru would be left or they both vanish regardless? Dunno xD But it would've been chaos.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Voice actress for Yukino Kikukawa

Noto Mamiko

It's nice to have someone special. If there's one person in "My-HiME" I think that really applies to, it is certainly Yukino.

Yukino and Haruka seems like one person split in two. Even though they don't come off as girlfriends, I feel as though Yukino is always doing things for her precious Haruka.

She's gentle, clingy, timid...but even so, she's fighting to protect the person most dear to her.

I often wonder how scared she must be. losing someone who is as large a part of her as Haruka is would be much harder on a scared girl like her, which only deepens the bonds between them.

I find that aspect charming. I'm a little jealous, even...

Yukino's delicate, but there's still much that is strong inside her.

Though the story is much different in the manga, Yukino is still right there by Haruka's side.

I pray that no matter where those two go, they shall always remain together.

Profile:

Broad work as a VA and in commercials and radio. main roles: Shimako Toudou in "Maria-sama is watching," Nina in "Monster" and Moa in "Sgt. Frog."

This entire thing. Even Yukino's Voice actress see's the HaruKino! My day=made!

I agree with what she said, they're just... so awesome together. ;-;
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 am

MidnightPersona wrote:This entire thing. Even Yukino's Voice actress see's the HaruKino! My day=made!

It's awesome when they analyze the show, voice actors/seiyuu are fans themselves after all. She clearly understood Yukino's character and that's one of the reasons why our fandom is great. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:This entire thing. Even Yukino's Voice actress see's the HaruKino! My day=made!

It's awesome when they analyze the show, voice actors/seiyuu are fans themselves after all. She clearly understood Yukino's character and that's one of the reasons why our fandom is great. Razz

I want the autograph/opinion of the Dub HaruKino. Oh dear... >:3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I want the autograph/opinion of the Dub HaruKino. Oh dear... >:3

Ah! I'll see what I can do. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:08 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:I want the autograph/opinion of the Dub HaruKino. Oh dear... >:3

Ah! I'll see what I can do. :3

O.o On which part? Opinions or autographs? :dies at the thought of getting to write either of them:
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 am

MidnightPersona wrote:O.o On which part? Opinions or autographs? :dies at the thought of getting to write either of them:

The former! :) The latter depends on how active they still are within the anime voice acting business. o_o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down