Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić

2 posters

Go down

Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić Empty Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić Sunsto10

To quote Amazon:
"Two women deal with modern themes of sex, relationships, and fetishism in this erotic romantic comedy. So beware all who enter, because, to quote a few hundred thousand readers on DeviantArt: "I'm not into BDSM...but this story...I get it." "

Hiya, mates!  datgodess
This time I'm here to recommend you this amazing and spicy piece of literature.

It is a web comic made by the Croatian artist Stjepan Šejić.

I must say that I have seen some of his art before, but it wasn't 'til someone posted about this particular work on FB that I decided to read it. And damn, was I hooked with it.
To me, it had the perfect balance of everything: comedy, sarcasm, drama, and of course eroticism.

The plot (because yeah, it has a plot) is about Lisa and Ally; two women who had never found the perfect partner to sate their sex needs (given that both are very into BDSM). Ally is a domme while Lisa is a sub. However, their personalities are the opposite as to when they are in bed.
Before you begin to say that this is some "50 shades of Grey" shit, I'll stop you right there. I've never read that book or watched the movie; but several posts on internet had mentioned how awfully described and incorrect is the representation of BDSM there. And also several posts on internet have explained what BDSM is really about; something that this comic does too, and incredibly well I may add. It is simple yet to the point. It gives you a new perspective (at least to me it did) about this topic, and a better comprehension of it.
The art is really good, and there are some shots that have an amazing detail. It's just wonderful to see.

If you want to give it a try, here is the DA of the artist: Sunstone

And, if you liked it - and like me - you want to have a printed copy of this jewel, you can get it here: Amazon Sunstone

Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić Yes_su10

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić Empty Re: Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić

Post by WolvenBane08 Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Everything about this comic (and the artist) is just AMAZING!

I found Sunstone through Stjepan's other comic, Death Vigil (which OMG I LOVE), and have been hooked ever since.

A lot of people hear "BDSM" and think of, well, what a Google image search would come up with. And Stjepan isn't afraid to poke fun at that, but he does so in a way that actually explains the nature of a BDSM relationship (be it a lifestyle or a fun thing every now and then).

In the end, it all comes down to trust. The trust the Dom/Domme puts into the Sub to put a stop to the Scene if it truly becomes too much; and the trust the Sub has in the Dom/Domme to dance right on the Sub's limit, but not cross it.

Sunstone is actually fairly tame, as far as BDSM goes. It explores a Domme/Sub relationship (with actual plot!), but hasn't gotten into some of the more extreme examples of BDSM. (Slave, puppy-play, pony-play, humiliation, sadomasochism, ageplay, etc.) So far, Sunstone is really only exploring some of the milder kinks, and I think that's one of its strengths.
If Stjepan had dropped us into the world of BDSM with, say, ageplay (think Tomoe) or slave scenes, it likely would have intimidated a lot of potential readers.

Furthermore, as a writer, Sunstone has brought up a number of interesting points. Kinks exist, and most people have some...exploring the varying kinks can be absolutely fascinating from a character-development point-of-view, and only serves to enhance the believability of original (or fan/headcanoned) characters.
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 pm

I received my copy of the 1st volume of Sunstone a couple of days ago.

It is simply wonderful. I love the quality of the paper and everything in general.
BUT, as I was reading it, I missed some of the original dialogue, especially the "geek" dialogue that it has. Akira Okuzaki

For example: there's this monologue that Ally is having with herself regarding Lisa.
And in the web-version she goes something like: "Shut up Smeagle, this isn't working. Come on two face, show me the way" and then flips a coin.
That to me was hilarious in the web comic, the references are hysterical and so geeky I love it.
But on the printed version is changed completely. And I would like to know the reason of it.
It kinda changes the humor of it...

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Copyright issues are the reason for the change, I think. I remember reading something about Stjepan needing to change the Vulcan joke due to copyright stuff, but in the end I think he managed to keep that one.
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:12 pm

I hate when this happens. Why can't people see (specially the original creators of those elements used in the joke) that this is basically free propaganda?
It's not like they are basing everything around it. It's just in a panel that makes it more memorable and people will get it, get some nostalgia feeling and get stuff from it, or if they don't know it, they'll search for it.
To me that's a win-win situation.

Just like doujinshi in Japan. Anime & Manga companies don't really give much of a damn to doujinshi since they know that these artists are promoting the series for free. Yeah, sure, you pay for a doujinshi, but is not that the doujinka become millionaires.

Really it's a bit of a shame.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content