Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina?

5 posters

Go down

Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina? Empty Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina?

Post by skan Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:40 pm

This has been bothering me for a couple of days now. I was watching the opening of the first episode again, and for once it actually occurred to me to wonder where Arika is while Lena is heroically floating Nina down the river Nile. Later on we find out that it was Miyu who rescued Arika and brought her to her grandmother, and the episode depicts her as having come across baby Arika crying on the ground beside a dead woman. Which seems to indicate that Lena sent her infant daughter off with someone who was clearly incapable of physically protecting her and with no guarantee of her safety, while she ran off to save someone else's kid and luckily Miyu happened along to rescue Arika. Whatever way you cut it her actions as a parent seem pretty shitty. Clearly she was an outstanding Otome however. I feel pretty sickened tbh.

Lena says "You must live..." but what was going to happen if Nina didn't? They found a suitable stand-in anyway, and if anything, Nina surviving endangered the world considerably more than her death would have. The only thing she seems good for is operating weapons of mass destruction and threatening the lives of friends and family members due to her massive Elektra complex.

Why is this show full of terrible parents. I think I've just traumatised myself.

skan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 4
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina? Empty Re: Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina?

Post by Midori Sugiura Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:29 pm

I think Lena originally intended to come back for Arika, but after being wounded badly she was unable to adequately save either of them, leaving Nina to chance in the sewers and dying before she could return and save Arika.

At least that's what I hope happened,
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina? Empty Re: Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina?

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm

I have to rewatch it to remember some stuff, but... is it said what happened to Lena after she was wounded? is it clearly stated that the died and Windbloom?

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 pm

skan wrote:This has been bothering me for a couple of days now. I was watching the opening of the first episode again, and for once it actually occurred to me to wonder where Arika is while Lena is heroically floating Nina down the river Nile. Later on we find out that it was Miyu who rescued Arika and brought her to her grandmother, and the episode depicts her as having come across baby Arika crying on the ground beside a dead woman. Which seems to indicate that Lena sent her infant daughter off with someone who was clearly incapable of physically protecting her and with no guarantee of her safety, while she ran off to save someone else's kid and luckily Miyu happened along to rescue Arika. Whatever way you cut it her actions as a parent seem pretty shitty. Clearly she was an outstanding Otome however. I feel pretty sickened tbh.

Lena says "You must live..." but what was going to happen if Nina didn't? They found a suitable stand-in anyway, and if anything, Nina surviving endangered the world considerably more than her death would have. The only thing she seems good for is operating weapons of mass destruction and threatening the lives of friends and family members due to her massive Elektra complex.

Why is this show full of terrible parents. I think I've just traumatised myself.

That's why I love this show, nobody is perfect. Especially the mother of our protagonist. Viola

Did... Did Lena abandon Arika in favour of saving Nina? Vlcsna29
Sticky situations and sticky. I'd "wing it", too.

To be fair, Lena didn't know that Nina would one day throw her weight around and kill thousands, if not millions of people with the Harmonium's power. We're only focusing on Lena's questionable decision making, which to me, is based more on desperation than careful planning. Otherwise, baby Arika would of ended up in a safer environment without aid from Miyu. At that point, everything was crumbling around Lena. Sifr Fran and Bruce were brutally murdered and she wasn't the OP goddess she was in My-Otome 0~S.ifr~.

Yohko Allow Dr. Helene to clear your trauma. Though, it is almost unavoidable in this series. lol
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Let us all not forget that Nina was the princess. If I was a royalty who had a child, I would sure as heck expect my Otome to protect my child when I am dead. Even if Lena doesn't have her powers anymore, she is still Windbloom's Otome. It is her duty to prioritize safety of the royal family. As sad as it sounds, Arika was abandoned because Lena's priority was her job duty. I am sure, had Lena stayed alive, she definitely would have saved Arika as well.
Nina is the one and only heir to the throne. Considering how close Sifr Fran and Lena were, of course Lena would want to save the royal child. With Nina's death, Windbloom Royal family ends. However, had Arika died, it wouldn't have been the end for Lena's family, because, if she stayed alive, she could always have more children. Considering she had nothing more to sacrifice (her Otome powers cannot return anyway), having other children isn't that impossible. And, essentially, protecting Nina was actually neccessary, as her life was actually being targeted, while nobody was out there to kill Arika (you know, because she isn't a threat and isn't a royal).
So, yeah. Horrible parenting on Lena's part indeed, but not unexpected, because Nina was more important to the kingdom that Arika at that point. And if I were in Lena's position, I would do the same, because it would be my duty to the monarchs and kingdom. It is an obligation of an Otome (even a former one) to always prioritize her duty over her personal interests.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Zweifel Marguerite wrote:
So, yeah. Horrible parenting on Lena's part indeed, but not unexpected, because Nina was more important to the kingdom that Arika at that point. And if I were in Lena's position, I would do the same, because it would be my duty to the monarchs and kingdom. It is an obligation of an Otome (even a former one) to always prioritize her duty over her personal interests.

This only symbolizes the old ways of the Otome and the way Earl's monarchs, nations and kingdoms governed everything. Up until the arrival of Arika in Episode I, the standards of the Otome have always been traditional. You could say Lena broke that mold first, but Arika's involvement started a domino effect that eventually liberated the Otome from contracts. Even Akane flipped off the old ways by wanting to be with Kazuya.

Point is, had Arika been killed, your chain of events would of occurred. Although, I still consider Arika the bigger threat, and the *slightly* more important character to the overall story, Nina is natural born royalty and essential to governing a stable government. Would of been a nice what-if to see that play out; certainty making Mai-Otome a more political tale than it already was. I'm glad they ventured into the adventure/political drama hybrid route in the end.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down