Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion

+4
Ice Silver Crystal
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Midori Sugiura99
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

AHAHAHHARAPINGYOURTHREADSATTHERECCOMENDATIONOFLUU

OKAY THEN, well, I FINALLY GOT MY BRITISH-ARSE AROUND TO WATCHING S.IFR AND ZWEI *fanfare* thankyou~thankyou~
I think for now I will review S.Ifr...as its more fresh in my mind~~
Im terrible at these by the way (off topic rambling AHOY) so forgive me.

S.Ifr was meant I feel, as more of a background story, to explain more of the internal workings of Otome...and I think it did a bloody good job ._.
The cast of S.Ifr are all quite distinctive, and its easy to link them to their Otome counterparts, and they all worked really well together within the series (UNASHAMROCKYOUBEAST~*killed*)

The animation...was a bit of a fifty-fifty thing for me. I mean, IT WAS AS AMAZING AS OTOME/HIME....but it was very fanservice based....I was dying in the middle of serious fight scenes because of excessive chest-jiggle.....*shot*

Storyline...was good.....but I don't know, it was a very cliche'd sort of one...but to be honest, it wouldn't really be a Mai-series without its little cliche's now would it? :3

Overall, I think it was a very good mini-series.....It certainly had me captivated for the most part, with some excellent VAing (watched the subbed) and I would reccomend it to all ¬3¬
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Rest easy, Bandai hasn't touched S.Ifr at all so subbed is the only way to go. Shizuru Fujino Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Sifr. displays a lot potential that they could of gone the distance with. I want more Una Shamrock dammit! ;_; Most of all, see the events that led up to the demise of Lena Sayers. It would be not only epic, but tragic enough to have us cheer louder for Planet Earl's next savior, Arika Yumemiya. Then when you watched episode 26 of Mai-Otome again, Arika's final embrace with mother, in addition to defeating Harmonium Nina, feels even more powerful.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 am

So I finished the main Otome story I'll watch the prequel and ZWei later but a few things.

1. I still like the Hime anime best more Natsuki and shiznat of course but I like the darker story of Hime. I feel like I'm the only one in that regard. Natsuki Kuga

2. I love the otome version of Nagi the whole tearing down an absurd sytem thing was awesome. In my opinion the otome system is... upsetting one thought that crossed my mind was not only are the straight couples jilted but the lesbian ones as well. I'm surprised the question of wether or not a character settles for a girl because she can't have a man is never brought up.

3. I want someone to call Nina out on her sh@#$! You killed all those people and want to screw your adoptive dad and you get a happy ending?! NO! That is wrong Nina desrves to get her ass soundly handed to her by either Maria or Nao or heavens forbid Haruka.

4. Last but not least Maria just Miss Maria at the end why oh why was she so awesome.... and well... hot in her otome form...
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:1. I still like the Hime anime best more Natsuki and shiznat of course but I like the darker story of Hime. I feel like I'm the only one in that regard. Natsuki Kuga

No arguments here. :) ShizNat is easily stronger in Mai-HiME.

Magus Phantalus wrote:2. I love the otome version of Nagi the whole tearing down an absurd sytem thing was awesome. In my opinion the otome system is... upsetting one thought that crossed my mind was not only are the straight couples jilted but the lesbian ones as well. I'm surprised the question of wether or not a character settles for a girl because she can't have a man is never brought up.

I believe Arika Yumemiya was greatly disappointed when Yohko, Natsuki and Maria explained that Y Chromosomes result in losing the power of the Otome. She was obviously straight, until she remembers that being an Otome is her dream and hooking up with Mashiro is the only way to go. After all, Sergay is out of the picture...why not?

Magus Phantalus wrote:3. I want someone to call Nina out on her sh@#$! You killed all those people and want to screw your adoptive dad and you get a happy ending?! NO! That is wrong Nina desrves to get her ass soundly handed to her by either Maria or Nao or heavens forbid Haruka.

Miss Maria could do it. :3

Yes, Nina committed mass genocide and ALL of Planet Earl knows it. Try watching Zwei; hopefully you can accept Nina's redemption as an apology.

Magus Phantalus wrote:4. Last but not least Maria just Miss Maria at the end why oh why was she so awesome.... and well... hot in her otome form...

Miss Maria is the epitome of GRACE. Whether young or old, I'd sleep with that woman. She so awesome, my Y Chromosomes wouldn't stand a chance. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I believe Arika Yumemiya was greatly disappointed when Yohko, Natsuki and Maria explained that Y Chromosomes result in losing the power of the Otome. She was obviously straight, until she remembers that being an Otome is her dream and hooking up with Mashiro is the only way to go. After all, Sergay is out of the picture...why not?

I'm just not gonna think about putting labels on any of the characters makes my head hurt and is no fun. How ever anyone wants to swing is al'right as long as they remain true to themselves wether they be "real" people or ideas.

Anywho just watched Sifr and well this sums it up nicely Mikoto Minagi .

Gotta say the My series is obviously about the ladies and thats one of the best things about I mean having a bunch of strong willed woman as the main characters is awesome. But I gotta say I loved Bruce I couldn't help but laugh when he pulled a gun Shirow was it? Very funny.

Next up Zwei but I'll watch that one later.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Mai-Otome/Zwei/S.ifr Reviews and Discussion - Page 2 Empty i just watched Zwei

Post by Nemia Dai De Windbloom Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am

I just watched zwei and I noticed soo much in it. This is crazy
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 58
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

http://www.otakuzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Nemia's I just watched Zwei thread merged with Mai-Otome/Zwei/Sifr Discussion/Review thread.

Nemia Dai De Windbloom wrote:I just watched zwei and I noticed soo much in it. This is crazy

What did you notice exactly? Did you like it? Be specific as possible, we wanna know. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2