Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

+6
Kuga Natsuki
CaptainVonCookie
Chaglette
midori's crazy398
Natsukichan1
Luu Sky Sapphire
10 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Kill la Kill Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 29, 2014 12:15 pm

I saw the trailer for Aniplex's Kill la Kill dub this morning and I'm still laughing my ass off. It's like they were inspired by the "4Kids" Bully la Bully video and decided to go with the same actors and have them read the actual script! But the biggest hilarity of all is Sarah Williams as Nonon. She sounds so much like Barbara Radecki's Sailor Neptune/"Michelle" Kaioh with that flaming gay lisp sounding voice. Ever heard her as Sayaka Miki in Madoka? It's hysterical! Now, is that a bad thing? No! I expected Nonon to sound like that...kind of.

Everyone else is pure meh. The only spot on voice actors they got were Carrie Keranen as Satsuki Kiryuuin and Erica Mendez as Ryuuko Matoi. Good casting choices, I'm used to Carolyn playing Mami in Madoka, so her as Satsuki is a surprise. As for Erica, I've never heard her work in anything before, though she does sound like Ryuko here. Best of luck to her.

Still, no dubs on the planet can touch Noir from ADVFilms. That was perfect in every single conceivable way. While every other dub on the planet has one or more things wrong. I am hoping Viz pulls the same miracle off with Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal, though.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Kill la Kill Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Post by Bluholic711 Fri May 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for the dub. I just thought it was going to be released at the end of the year or next year early.

I cannot stand Gamagoori, Satsuki, and Uzu's voices though.
Gamagoori sounds louder than ever. I'll be using the mute button lot for him. Kilik's voice doesn't belong to Uzu!
Seriously, just...no.

Satsuki doesn't sound strong or authoritive enough. Kudos for Carrie for trying though.

Since I've been exposed to English long ago, I'll try, TRY, to give this a chance.

Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for the dub. I just thought it was going to be released at the end of the year or next year early.

Gamagoori sounds louder than ever. I'll be using the mute button lot for him. Kilik's voice doesn't belong to Uzu!
Seriously, just...no.

Satsuki doesn't sound strong or authoritive enough. Kudos for Carrie for trying though.

Since I've been exposed to English long ago, I'll try, TRY, to give this a chance.

I'll probably end up sticking to the Japanese track. Kill la Kill was the best anime of 2013, easily, so I'll most likely purchase all the DVD/Blu-Ray combos. Though, I could always cheat and go Malaysian. It's only $25 with good quality and only the Japanese track. The subtitles might be a little funny. Better examine Ebay feedback from customers to be sure.

If you all do want the official release by Aniplex, preorder your copy on Righstuf today:

Kill la Kill DVD/Blu-ray 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition + CD

Satsuki Ryuko Mako
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Bluholic711 wrote:Honestly, I didn't have high expectations for the dub. I just thought it was going to be released at the end of the year or next year early.

Seriously, just...no.

I'll probably end up sticking to the Japanese track. Kill la Kill was the best anime of 2013, easily, so I'll most likely purchase all the DVD/Blu-Ray combos. Though, I could always cheat and go Malaysian. It's only $25 with good quality and only the Japanese track. The subtitles might be a little funny. Better examine Ebay feedback from customers to be sure.

If you all do want the official release by Aniplex, preorder your copy on Righstuf today:

Kill la Kill DVD/Blu-ray 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition + CD

Satsuki Ryuko Mako
I am definitely buying that! HURRY UP PAYDAY  frustrated 
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:
I am definitely buying that! HURRY UP PAYDAY  frustrated 

frustrated  Yeah, I'm kind of leaning towards getting it too. I'll wait until Otakon 2014 to get it in person, though. Perfect, since we're watching all yuri anime at the hotel. I'll want to show the others the first sexual tension filled battle between Ryuko and Lady Satsuki. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Something that recently occurred to me that I've noticed is that I appear to like the Goku Uniforms (particularly the Three-Star) a bit more than I like the Kamui (Side note, I wonder what a guy in a Kamui would look like  omg )

It could just be me, but I think the Kamuis got a bit boring from a strength perspective when they became capable of doing just about anything. At least, with the Goku Uniforms, they are limited in a way that focuses on the wearer's individual strengths or preferences; the Blade Regalia series improving Sanageyama's kendo skills, the Probe Regalia (at least the first) being focused around data collection as per Innumuta's role, and Symphony Regalia's ranged attacks focusing on Nonon's preference for the orchestra. With those specific focuses on the roles played by the wearers, I find the Kamui improving everything slightly less interesting from that perspective. Those are just my thoughts on the matter, though, what do you think?

(Side note: Part of me wishes we could have seen Iori's Order Regalia in action, even if just to see it hard at work on creating Goku Uniforms to demonstrate that he doesn't need any help. Also wish they could have expanded on the Mk II and Final Form series Goku Uniforms for the Elite Four, esp with regard to Inumuta and Jakuzure (Mk II and Final Form), Gamagoori (Mk II) and Sanageyama (Final Form))
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I dunno, I didn't mind the Kamui honestly. I watch the series for Ryuko and Lady Satsuki, not the Elite Four. The reason I found the Kamui a lot more fun *is* because they were versatile. When characters in anime aren't restricted by limitations, we can see a more competitive match. Once you figure out the Elite Four's weaknesses, it was pretty much over for them.

Not to say Ryuko and Satsuki were invincible, because they're not. They were just fortunate enough to have better artillery that can go above and beyond "fixed" abilities that the Goku uniforms offered.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8