Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome licensed by FUNimation

+5
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Highman
Luu Sky Sapphire
Kuga Natsuki
shezaei-neko
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

hime - Breaking News: Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome licensed by FUNimation - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome licensed by FUNimation

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Yeah going back and forth on whether or not you like this series and its characters is my department, as for EXA, it at least had some good fanservice so thats always good in my book, would have liked some saved images of all the pantyshots from it at some point
That's different. Being unhappy with certain characters is perfectly fine and you wouldn't be here if you disliked the entire series. This thread serves a purpose to support FUNimation's licensing and the entire series as whole.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Breaking News: Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome licensed by FUNimation - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome licensed by FUNimation

Post by Highman Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Yeah going back and forth on whether or not you like this series and its characters is my department, as for EXA, it at least had some good fanservice so thats always good in my book, would have liked some saved images of all the pantyshots from it at some point
That's different. Being unhappy with certain characters is perfectly fine and you wouldn't be here if you disliked the entire series. This thread serves a purpose to support FUNimation's licensing and the entire series as whole.
All of us support this franchise that's a reason you made this site for a purpose Luu
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Highman wrote:All of us support this franchise that's a reason you made this site for a purpose Luu
The purpose is to celebrate the adventures of Mai Tokiha, Arika Yumemiya, Mayo Kagura and even the underrated male Mashiro. FUNimation knows how expanded this entire franchise is with it's many incarnations and stories, they're not idiots. Shizuru Fujino 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 pm

I still have the subs from the old days but it would nice to see some good voice actors for this series. I wonde rif they will air it on Anime Netowrk or even Toonami?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 am

GAP wrote:I still have the subs from the old days but it would nice to see some good voice actors for this series. I wonde rif they will air it on Anime Netowrk or even Toonami?
If only get a new series from Sunrise soon including re-release of HiME/Otome blu-rays, possible re-casting for the new project still have Carol Anne Daye reprise her role as Mai Tokiha aside with some veterans and rookie talents does drag everyone and not think about getting a quick buck for acting and finally some huge popularity then damn we got something for this franchise for a very long time. beer
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

GAP wrote:I still have the subs from the old days but it would nice to see some good voice actors for this series. I wonde rif they will air it on Anime Netowrk or even Toonami?
Toonami would be the better launching pad for Mai-HiME. It's how Soul Eater was able to obtain new fans. Soul Eater did so well, proving old titles can breathe new life on mainstream Toonami. Let's be honest with ourselves, Toonami's best numbers were from anime.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazemon15 Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad this got license-rescued.

I noticed, though, everyone keeps talking about a new cast. Sadly, this won't be the case. When Funimation license-rescuses something, they keep the existing dub on it. It is very rare they re-dub anything. The only cases with a re-dub are for the extremely chopped up first dubs of DBZ and One Piece. Though it is possible that they will dub the OVA that was not dubbed previously, seeing how it was only 3 episodes.

I wonder what extras will be put on the new Funimation release, though. I also wonder if the 9 minute mini omake at the beach will be included. I also hope for a possible BD release.
Kazemon15
Kazemon15
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 35
Armitage GUTS!!! : 14

https://www.youtube.com/Kazemon15AMVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad this got license-rescued.

I noticed, though, everyone keeps talking about a new cast. Sadly, this won't be the case. When Funimation license-rescuses something, they keep the existing dub on it. It is very rare they re-dub anything. The only cases with a re-dub are for the extremely chopped up first dubs of DBZ and One Piece. Though it is possible that they will dub the OVA that was not dubbed previously, seeing how it was only 3 episodes.

I wonder what extras will be put on the new Funimation release, though. I also wonder if the 9 minute mini omake at the beach will be included. I also hope for a possible BD release.
It's going to decide how people will love original dub, have a new cast some original dub like Carol Ann Daye will reprise her role since she was the only one save the series in her outstanding role or just full completely new. Unless the anime lives up for the sales and possible new mai-project coming up next year then few years down the road we'll another huge hit with Funi controlling Bandai IP titles.

If they keep the originals, I'll be originally pissed.....:twisted: :evil: 
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 am

Kazemon15 wrote:I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad this got license-rescued.

If the series doesn't get redubbed, big deal. I'd like it to though, I think FUNimation's roster of voice actors and actresses would enjoy this world of teenage girls and monsters. The nine minute omake could be an excuse to redub the series. Remember that none of the Mai-Otome omake were dubbed either, so we can expect something special.

What I'd also like are a collection of behind-the-scenes interviews with the original seiyuu. People are dying to see the rumored interview where Naomi Shindou and Saeko Chiba are together. For highly obvious reasons, but I'll give you one hint:

ShizNat <--------
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Highman wrote:We've been patience enough. EXA was just bad and more bad. Think about this huge rivalry between Madoka vs Mai-series vs Sailor Moon. Hero of today vs The forgotten warrior vs The Legend. Possibly for that winter/spring season for next year.

The Magus Phantalus is glad to hear that Funimation is doing what it can for the Mai-series.

However Highman the Magus Phantalus must disagree EXA was what the original manga should have been instead of the harem crap we got in both the original Hime manga and the Otome manga.  EXA gave Natsuki and Shizuru a chance to shine without throwing them at a male character.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:The Magus Phantalus is glad to hear that Funimation is doing what it can for the Mai-series.

However Highman the Magus Phantalus must disagree EXA was what the original manga should have been instead of the harem crap we got in both the original Hime manga and the Otome manga.  EXA gave Natsuki and Shizuru a chance to shine without throwing them at a male character.
Whether Mai-HiME EXA was bad or not, it was still something new and kept our fandom busy in 2010 and 2011. :) It's a worthy addition to the series mythology.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:The Magus Phantalus is glad to hear that Funimation is doing what it can for the Mai-series.

Whether Mai-HiME EXA was bad or not, it was still something new and kept our fandom busy in 2010 and 2011. :)It's a worthy addition to the series mythology.
Mai Hime EXA was a victim of executive meddling, Sunrise could had continued the manga if they wanted to but they didn't Hagoshod explains it better than I do at the Animesuki Forums.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 am

GAP wrote:Mai Hime EXA was a victim of executive meddling, Sunrise could had continued the manga if they wanted to but they didn't Hagoshod explains it better than I do at the Animesuki Forums.
Executive meddling? That's a new one. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:38 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Mai Hime EXA was a victim of executive meddling, Sunrise could had continued the manga if they wanted to but they didn't Hagoshod explains it better than I do at the Animesuki Forums.
Executive meddling? That's a new one. :)
Sadly they were just trying to be a poor man Fate/ series and try too hard to be moe as possible.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Highman wrote:Sadly they were just trying to be a poor man Fate/ series and try too hard to be moe as possible.
That would explain the moe artwork of EXA, but I need proof of this "executive meddling".
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Sadly they were just trying to be a poor man Fate/ series and try too hard to be moe as possible.
That would explain the moe artwork of EXA, but I need proof of this "executive meddling".
They were on to some deals with this popular LN with ASCII media works to do with moe and fanservice including one shot's. Just like they did with the original, rush like hell and nothing to show but the best part........well NONE at all.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:53 am

Highman wrote:They were on to some deals with this popular LN with ASCII media works to do with moe and fanservice including one shot's. Just like they did with the original, rush like hell and nothing to show but the best part........well NONE at all.
And Mai-HiME happened to be part of this series of one shots deal? How random if that were true, but you know what? I'm glad it exists. Seeing other interpretations is healthy for our fandom. Look at ol' Magus Phantalus up there; he enjoyed it. Shizuru Fujino  Stick to the anime version, Highman. EXA doesn't have to be the definitive version of Mai-HiME to you. It's just a different take on the source material. You know, like the first manga? Arika Yumemiya 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:They were on to some deals with this popular LN with ASCII media works to do with moe and fanservice including one shot's. Just like they did with the original, rush like hell and nothing to show but the best part........well NONE at all.
And Mai-HiME happened to be part of this series of one shots deal? How random if that were true, but you know what? I'm glad it exists. Seeing other interpretations is healthy for our fandom. Look at ol' Magus Phantalus up there; he enjoyed it. Shizuru Fujino  Stick to the anime version, Highman. EXA doesn't have to be the definitive version of Mai-HiME to you. It's just a different take on the source material. You know, like the first manga? Arika Yumemiya 
Well I was going to add that last part of pantsu shots everything kinda wished they kept the original manga illustrator from the original Mai HiME manga, it wouldn't even matter that he came back to a sequel or another retelling one shot series.

The anime version will always have remain the best of best out of that order. beer 
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Highman wrote:Well I was going to add that last part of pantsu shots everything kinda wished they kept the original manga illustrator from the original Mai HiME manga, it wouldn't even matter that he came back to a sequel or another retelling one shot series.

The anime version will always have remain the best of best out of that order. beer 
Mai's pantsu shot in EXA made my day the first time I saw it. :3 Nevertheless, I also would of preferred the original manga art. The art by Kenetsu Satō is gorgeous, making the HiME powers and CHILD destruction look ten times more badass. It's like comparing the tame Grand Theft Auto destruction with the insanity of Twisted Metal 2. There's something more grand about the visuals and battles in the first manga; it's the most stylized of the series. Sadly, the story suffers a lot with Mai playing second fiddle (though I'm not against Tate being the protagonist) and Natsuki being reduced to a heterosexual lusting over Tate in some three way romance.

So yeah, FUNimation is fortunate to have the best version of the story under their care. beer
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 am

I have a huge feeling it will a huge hit to Funimation and better than other releases. This franchise will be that start including only and only Carol Ann Daye reprising her role as Mai Tokiha.

If THEY give it to Bluewater/Ocean Group, I'll not giving Funi any credit expect they can take EBT card so they raw fish sticks:twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Highman wrote:I have a huge feeling it will a huge hit to Funimation and better than other releases. This franchise will be that start including only and only Carol Ann Daye reprising her role as Mai Tokiha.

If THEY give it to Bluewater/Ocean Group, I'll not giving Funi any credit expect they can take EBT card so they raw fish sticks:twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
I'd like to think so as well. Compared to the other Bandai Entertainment titles they've licensed, the Mai-Series is the only one with an extensive universe. Titles like Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, and Outlaw Star, while fantastic anime, are all one-shot stories. I pray like Sister Yukariko that FUNi takes notice of the grand universe of My-HiME and My-Otome. We'll see when we get a release date for the blu-ray discs.

That reminds me, it's time to play HiME  GUESS THE RELEASE DATE! HiME  I'm gambling on January 2014! Rumors say they want to focus on Escaflowne and Code Geass for late 2013.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:I have a huge feeling it will a huge hit to Funimation and better than other releases. This franchise will be that start including only and only Carol Ann Daye reprising her role as Mai Tokiha.

I'd like to think so as well. Compared to the other Bandai Entertainment titles they've licensed, the Mai-Series is the only one with an extensive universe. Titles like Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, and Outlaw Star, while fantastic anime, are all one-shot stories. I pray like Sister Yukariko that FUNi takes notice of the grand universe of My-HiME and My-Otome. We'll see when we get a release date for the blu-ray discs.

That reminds me, it's time to play HiME  GUESS THE RELEASE DATE! HiME  I'm gambling on January 2014! Rumors say they want to focus on Escaflowne and Code Geass for late 2013.
I would say February while a new mai series begin in Japan around winter or spring.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Highman wrote:
I would say February while a new mai series begin in Japan around winter or spring.
Spring of 2014 perhaps. What may urge Sunrise to make something new is the reception Mai-HiME/Otome gets under FUNimation.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll happily buy the entire series again. This time on Blu-ray. Gakuenchou NATSUKI-RAY RELEASES, BABY!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:06 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:
Spring of 2014 perhaps. What may urge Sunrise to make something new is the reception Mai-HiME/Otome gets under FUNimation.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll happily buy the entire series again. This time on Blu-ray. Gakuenchou NATSUKI-RAY RELEASES, BABY!
Funi needs to have the mai-series a majority priority because Sunrise will do anything to go over the top and make it longer as ever. Not 12eps but a 52eps. series and movie top it off in 2015.

I'll pray every day for Funi not to make the same mistake from Bandai did nor be like them
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:35 am

Highman wrote:Funi needs to have the mai-series a majority priority because Sunrise will do anything to go over the top and make it longer as ever. Not 12eps but a 52eps. series and movie top it off in 2015.

I'll pray every day for Funi not to make the same mistake from Bandai did nor be like them
The movie is the most highly requested by fans, including myself. Extended the series (I'm guessing you're referring to Mai-HiME) an extra 52 episodes would be nice, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You must be a Gundam expert, how long are their series length most of the time? Bandai didn't do so bad in terms of merchandising. Remember all the keychains, messenger bags, imported figures (I got my Beach Queen Lena Sayers from rightstuf.com for goodness sake. Rightstuf.com.), and more? FUNimation can easily replicate the merchandise and gives us more variety for even the minor characters like Haruka Suzushiro, Youko Sagisawa, and the list goes on.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next