Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation

3 posters

Go down

The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation Empty The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Hey guys, i just wanted to share a revelation i had the other day while my step-mother and i were discussing GF. At first the conversation was normal, but then i brought up how all the characters from Kuchibiru Tameki Sakurairo look exactly like characters from Girlfriends. So much so that it's a dead ringer. Not to mention many of their character traits and the roles they played in KTS are practically the same in GF, with some minor tweaks. After comparing character pictures from both books, we then began formulating a theory. If the personalities and looks are nearly identical, could this suggest a alternate universe across two timelines? Or perhaps even a reincarnation of characters across series, suggesting then that the main couple will always find their way back to each other? We dug even deeper into Morinaga's most recent work, School Police, to find any missing details. When we did this, we found another interesting piece of information. All of the characters that make up the main couple in the three series represent an evolution. An evolution only of looks it seems, for example Hitomi has shoulder-length hair, then Akko has hair longer than that, and finally, Abe from SP has very long hair, that seems to be as long as Hitomi's original hair length before she cut it. Nana has the exact same haircut that Mari gets after she cut her already long hair, and finally, Midori (lol) from SP starts off with long hair and has yet to cut it. Showing a pattern of looks that build off of each other.Then, this morning i noticed something odd in chapter 34 of GF, something i thought was innocent when i first read it, but questioned it after having read KTS, Akko suggests that she and Mari go on a trip together, and stay overnight somewhere while Mari suggests they do this during Spring Break. Now, with this in mind, i immediately recalled an exact scenario in KTS. In the story where Hitomi runs away from home and Nana goes with her, the two stay overnight at a Onsen,that Hitomi reserved.This makes Nana feel as if they are just on a Vacation, not running away. All of the above makes me wonder if Milk Morinaga purposefully gave her characters the same and similar, looks,traits,and tied in events of in each previous story into another. Also, the inheritance of traits applies to the couple in SP, even the facial designs of Abe and Midori seem very much to be a blend of Hitomi/Akko and Nana/Mari.  Anyway, in short what i'm trying to say is: it could be that each of these series is the retelling of Nana and Hitomi's love across different lives and times the ultimate lesson here being love has no limits or boundaries,it will always find a way,especially among those who are truly meant for each other. Well that was my two cents, and also this could be the original Cloud Atlas, since Morinaga's works like KTS predate the actual CA book. I also sent Morinaga a email asking this same question, so for now this is just a theory, but it would be awesome if she did all of this on purpose. Long live MM! Mikoto Minagi
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation Empty Re: The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 am

I'm sorry, I'm stuck at the part where you discuss shoujo-ai with your step-mother.
I have an hard time even explaining what manga is!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation Empty Re: The Morinaga Theory: Not a manga, just my theory on an observation

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:36 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I'm sorry, I'm stuck at the part where you discuss shoujo-ai with your step-mother.
I try my best to choose tame titles for my collection, and since my immediate family knows and is ok with me being a Lesbian, it's totally fine. ^__^ *dances around room*
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:
CaptainVonCookie wrote:I'm sorry, I'm stuck at the part where you discuss shoujo-ai with your step-mother.
I try my best to choose tame titles for my collection, and since my immediate family knows and is ok with me being a Lesbian, it's totally fine. ^__^ *dances around room*
I'm stuck on the same thing Captain is stuck on... o.o

still... stuck...

o.o
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down