Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?

5 posters

Go down

natsuki - Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?  Empty Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?

Post by ~Miss_Mo0dy~ Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Alright guys, first off I want to introduce myself(since I'm new here). Sooo hola! I am ~Miss_Mo0dy~ but you can refer to me as Miss or Moody or whatever floats your boat! :D Just as long as I know it's me you're referring to. ^ u ^

Alright so the topic is about Shizuru's feelings for Natsuki between Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. Is it seriously just me? Like Shizuru was so much more calm and controlled in Mai-Otome, which got me all sad. T n T It was because of her insaneness that I have fallen in love with her. So was Shizuru not as much in love with Natsuki as she was in Mai-HiME? Or was it just shown differently?
~Miss_Mo0dy~
~Miss_Mo0dy~
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 5
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?  Empty Re: Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I think this topic should be moved to the Mai-Otome section :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?  Empty Re: Is it just me, or did it feel like Shizuru had less feelings for Natsuki in Mai-Otome?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:I think this topic should be moved to the Mai-Otome section :)

Viola  Done! I'll be back to give my two cents.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 am

Hello! Welcome to the Magical Multiverse!! Feels

It is just you. Nao Yuuki 
Regardless... You will have a very interesting love life. Live fast though.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 am

I agree with the horny high seas Captain. It's just you and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. See, Shizuru and Natsuki are a already a couple in Mai-Otome. They both had a history prior to the events of episode 1, where Shizuru pined for the younger Coral student (at the time), Natsuki Kruger. Just because Shizuru didn't go all serial killer for Natsuki in Otome, doesn't mean she loves her any less. If anything, Shizuru was willing to give her life for Natsuki when Tomoe unleashed her attack in episode 25. Clearly targeting Natsuki, Shizuru literally jumped in the way. If she's willing to die for Natsuki, I'd say her feeling are just as strong if not stronger than Shizuru Fujino's. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I agree with the horny high seas Captain. It's just you and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. See, Shizuru and Natsuki are a already a couple in Mai-Otome. They both had a history prior to the events of episode 1, where Shizuru pined for the younger Coral student (at the time), Natsuki Kruger. Just because Shizuru didn't go all serial killer for Natsuki in Otome, doesn't mean she loves her any less. If anything, Shizuru was willing to give her life for Natsuki when Tomoe unleashed her attack in episode 25. Clearly targeting Natsuki, Shizuru literally jumped in the way. If she's willing to die for Natsuki, I'd say her feeling are just as strong if not stronger than Shizuru Fujino's. :3

Well said
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Luu for president!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: If she's willing to die for Natsuki, I'd say her feeling are just as strong if not stronger than Shizuru Fujino's. :3

And yet Viola is more than willing to flirt with other girls in the anime(even in Kruger's presence no less) and possibly sleep with other girls.

And in the manga is willing to have a guy touch her sexually.

The rage of one thousand burning suns.Argh 
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Objection 

Fujino also flirts. She flirts harmlessly and besides it's good for the ego. She never made it seem she was willing to sleep with someone else.

I never read the manga, never got past the first page. Awful art and even worse alternate storytelling.

Shizuru just wants to be in Natsuki's pants! Is that so much to ask??
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Flirting can be harmless, yeah :) In Otome, Viola almost kissed Arika, just to see Natsuki's reaction. My guess is that she finds a jealous Natsuki a turn-on Shiho Huit Feeling wanted and desired by a jealous lover, I can't blame Viola, there Natsuki Kruger2 

Fujino was the same way, but more verbal than Viola imo, since because she kept her feelings a secret through most of the series, but in the director's cut, Fujino had gotten more physical

In short, both girls are the same; just expressed differently Shizuru Kaichou Viola 
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Luu for president!!

*bows* I am humbled by your praise!

Nymphetamine wrote:Flirting can be harmless, yeah :)In Otome, Viola almost kissed Arika, just to see Natsuki's reaction. My guess is that she finds a jealous Natsuki a turn-on Shiho Huit Feeling wanted and desired by a jealous lover, I can't blame Viola, there Natsuki Kruger2 

Fujino was the same way, but more verbal than Viola imo, since because she kept her feelings a secret through most of the series, but in the director's cut, Fujino had gotten more physical

In short, both girls are the same; just expressed differently Shizuru Kaichou Viola 

Agreed with Nymph. Flirting is harmless on all levels, Viola just happens to get a kick out of a pouty jealous Natsuki. It makes the sex better for her, then so beat it. Everyone has their own specific turn-on; this happens to be Shizuru Viola's. Some fans seem to forget that Viola and Fujino are similar, but completely different people at the same time.

Remember, Kruger, it doesn't matter who Viola flirts with. Cuz every night, who's in your bed? Who?

Viola : Kiss, pookie~

^ That horny housewife.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

Natsuki Kruger2 Love the RENT reference, Luu ... I just realized how similar-ish Shizuru and Natsuki are compared to Maureen and Joanne o.o

Akira Okuzaki Could someone make a Mai-HiME/Otome-RENT crossover plz?! kawaiidesuplz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:24 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Natsuki Kruger2 Love the RENT reference, Luu ... I just realized how similar-ish Shizuru and Natsuki are compared to Maureen and Joanne o.o

Akira Okuzaki Could someone make a Mai-HiME/Otome-RENT crossover plz?! kawaiidesuplz

o.o I love RENT, dammit. Maureen and Joanne do share  a lot of ShizNat characteristics. I think they were more similar during ShizNat's early days at Garderobe. When we first meet them in episode 1, they're already an established couple, imo. With the only obstacle in the relationship being Tomoe and we all know how that turned out.

kawaiidesuplz ShizNat kawaiidesuplz  I'd so love that!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
CaptainVonCookie wrote:Luu for president!!

*bows* I am humbled by your praise!

Nymphetamine wrote:Flirting can be harmless, yeah :)In Otome, Viola almost kissed Arika, just to see Natsuki's reaction. My guess is that she finds a jealous Natsuki a turn-on Shiho Huit Feeling wanted and desired by a jealous lover, I can't blame Viola, there Natsuki Kruger2 

Agreed with Nymph. Flirting is harmless on all levels, Viola just happens to get a kick out of a pouty jealous Natsuki. It makes the sex better for her, then so beat it. Everyone has their own specific turn-on; this happens to be Shizuru Viola's. Some fans seem to forget that Viola and Fujino are similar, but completely different people at the same time.

Remember, Kruger, it doesn't matter who Viola flirts with. Cuz every night, who's in your bed? Who?

Viola : Kiss, pookie~

^ That horny housewife.

The manga was little more than misogynistic opportunism. It allowed for a male fantasy for a man to be sexually touching a lesbian while completely denying said lesbian's(Shizuru) partner(Natsuki) any say on the matter in the literary sense since in the scene in question natsuki was drunk. But that is where the opportunism comes into play the male(MANshiro) gets off(in more ways than one) scot free because he can't be challenged by the partner(Natsuki) and likewise Natsuki can't turn around and say; "Hey Shizuru what the fack?!". And the idea that Shizuru's actions where to diffuse a volatile situation are stupid. Shizuru is an authority figure and out ranks all the other girls. Her word should be law but this just further shows how only either due to/or because of MANshiro's influence or involvement could the situation be resolved. We never get to see Natsuki's opinion on how Shizuru put a mans face in her bare breasts.

The anime was only slightly better and even then I am being generous. We only can infer by a few select scenes in the main anime and in Zwei that Natsuki dislikes the idea of Shizuru being with someone else. The lack of a male presence avoids the misogynistic implications of the manga but that doesn't make it much better.

In conclusion not all flirting is harmless. There comes a point were apathy becomes acceptance.

On a Dark Lord note: Is it any wonder that I almost destroyed the otome just before my destruction? Only Lord Tzeentch's influence saved those hypocrites. But in the end my demise set into motion my grandest scheme. Not even Lord Tzeentch could have foreseen it! BWahahahahaha!
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down