Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth?

3 posters

Go down

X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth? Empty X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth?

Post by shezaei-neko Mon May 20, 2013 12:55 am

X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth? Dragons

I bring you this discussion/debate topic 'cause I've always wondered what other people would answer.

It all revolves around the anime "X" from CLAMP.
If you're not familiar with it, well, don't worry, you don't really need to know background info of it since I'll basically explain what this is about briefly here.

X is set in Japan, where a boy named Kamui Shirou is born to decide the destiny of the world.
He has to side with one of the two factions that will battle to decide the future of the human race. Whichever side he picks, his "twin star" will take the other to balance.
Now, the two factions are: "The Dragons of Heaven" and "The Dragons of Earth". Each faction has their main objective, which I'll explain now.

The Dragons of Heaven (the RED team in the pic) want to protect the ones they love and the mankind. Eventhough they know that by doing that, the world's nature will perish. However, they believe and have faith that human's will and conviction will be able to restore it even if they struggle, but that at the end, they'll be able to do it.

The Dragons of Earth (the BLUE team in the pic) want to destroy ALL human life in the planet so nature can recover and regain it's balance. Conquering cities and be prosper once again. They don't really care who they kill since they could say they are detached from everyone.

The members of each faction were picked since before they were born, they were destinied to be part of it. The only one who could pick sides was Kamui himself and no one else.
Though there wasn't any written rule where the members couldn't switch sides, but that's not our concern now.

So, this leads to the question: If you had to pick a side/team, which one would you choose?
Don't think that you have ALL the responsibility like Kamui. You're not the one who'll decide the fate of the world, you're just part of the team.
So, which one would it be?
Heaven? Protect EVERYONE, even those who doesn't deserve it and see mother nature suffer?
Earth? Kill EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, and see mother nature prosper?

If you've read the manga or watched the anime you can comment on how that would affect your decision too.

DISCUSS!

Last edited by shezaei-neko on Mon May 20, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth? Empty Re: X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth?

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon May 20, 2013 6:14 am

Well,well. A philosophical topic? I'm not familiar with the show. Looked it up really quick, but your question and basically the whole plot surrounds on the issue of people's faith in humanity. Are humans worth fighting for? Are humans capable of fixing things or should earth be wiped clean and try again?

This is a complex subject, for one it implies that humans are ruining earth. We are killing ourselves and our safe environment for sure. But even if we become extinct and take down many other species with us, we shouldn't be so arrogant to believe Nature wouldn't prosper again. We are a plague, if we die out it'll regenerate itself anyway and lifeforms will evolve to survive in the conditions we left earth. Mother Nature will always prevail, whether we help it out or not. (this isn't to say we shouldn't stop acting like Facking morons and start cherishing our planet and all it has to offer)

On the other hand if this situation keeps on, a scenario like that will most certainly occur. Drastic measures will be necessary to protect the few safe places earth will have for humans. No need to turn to terrorism and kill all humans, overthrowing a non-functioning government and setting in place rigorous rules to maintain and recreate a symbiotic relationship between humans/Nature would suffice. Non compliance of said rules would be under the penalty of death or prison of course.

Unfortunately for people to change and evolve drastic changes are necessary. Quick fixes and patches do nothing but create lagging in human comprehension. Education for new born generations is enough, but preexisting people with set notions from times before need to see their systems crumble down and rebuilt from scratch to accept a new reality!

I'd choose red, happily eradicate the blues as well as misbehaved reds and help put in place a revolution to protect our "home" planet. No home? No people.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth? Empty Re: X - Dragons of Heaven or Dragons of Earth?

Post by depression76 Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 pm

If I'm picking a team, I'm going with Ten no Ryuu.

They're kinda weak in contrast to Chi no Ryuu that it's not even funny ;___; Especially after Subaru and ARASHI OF ALL PEOPLE....*crais*

And sides, protect protect and protect.

If there's nothing else to protect, I'll go Chi no Ryuu :3

I wish CLAMP would get down to finishing this...it's so aggravating...>_<
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun May 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Oh yes. It's been YEARS since they made a chapter.
Apparently the level of violence was too damn high to be published...
Which I find strange since there are other titles way more violent and were still published.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down