Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11]

+4
Kuga Natsuki
IlliterateKoi
CaptainVonCookie
Luu Sky Sapphire
8 posters

Go down

Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] Empty Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] Vlcsna22
---

I never understood this. Why did she place her arm like that after saying (and I loosely quote):

"I must sympathize. I am a girl too after all. But..."?

Here are some of the responses from our Facebook group:

Blu-chan says:

I thought there was a Hime mark somewhere near her stomach. That's my theory.

Nymph-chan says:

I think it's the HiME mark as well, but her hand is in the wrong place One of the Shizuru scans very subtly has the mark on her right side, not left :'3

Discuss and share your opinion!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] Empty Re: Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11]

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 am

It's a protective gesture. Depending on our mood we adopt certain postures, like when you are talking to someone who's defending themselves and they have their arms crossed and lean back away from you. That certainly makes her look more vulnerable.

Or she could just have massive diarrhea after so much tea.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] Empty Re: Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11]

Post by IlliterateKoi Sat May 11, 2013 11:58 am

I tend to think that it's something to do with the placement of her HiME mark as well, but the Captain makes a good point about it being a protective gesture. It could actually be a bit of both really :3

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Or she could just have massive diarrhea after so much tea.

Or that XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 11, 2013 4:02 pm

So by Cap's logic, Shizuru most likely did that in response to the idea of rape. Remember, nobody knew it was an Orphan who caused the incident. Not even our heroes, if I remember correctly.

Or she could just have massive diarrhea after so much tea.

:'3 I just LOVE these intellectual conversations~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm

That makes more sense! She stated, of course, being a girl, but she also hinted her lesbianism, by rejecting of being the guinea pig because she didn't want to be tarnished by that "vampire", assuming the vampire is "male", hunting females.

I thought the HiME mark theory was a bit off, since her mark isn't where her hand was located. Trollrise struck again! Razz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 am

the thought of rape is just wrong
this was shizuru-san's way of cringing at the thought.
just my opinion. ._.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Right! Shizuru is too serious of a character to cringe the comical way, so that could just be a display of subtlety on her part. :) Thank you for your opinions, ladies. And Captain of his ship.

Shizuru Kaichou
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 am

She was in those days of the month 6:
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:She was in those days of the month 6:

*laughs* That is a possibility too!

Women troubles... Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat May 18, 2013 7:08 am

Or perhaps a bit of everything Akira Okuzaki
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Or perhaps a bit of everything Akira Okuzaki

Akira Okuzaki Could be. It's hard to tell when Shizuru was extremely mysterious in the Orphan arc.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sun May 19, 2013 12:53 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Or perhaps a bit of everything Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] 791432435

And still remain with a calm face, that's Shizuru for ya!
Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] 2483732699
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:
And still remain with a calm face, that's Shizuru for ya!
Why did Shizuru Fujino do this? [Mai-HiME Episode 11] 2483732699

Akira Okuzaki It's that calm face that makes it difficult to read her. I admit, watching the series for the first time, I didn't know what she was thinking at any time.

Shizuru Kaichou : Ara~ I could be plotting your death for all one knows~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 am

Shizuru would beat Lady Gaga at poker face-ing any time
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Shizuru would beat Lady Gaga at poker face-ing any time

Haha! Wouldn't Yukino and Fumi give Shizuru a run for her money? Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nymphetamine wrote:Shizuru would beat Lady Gaga at poker face-ing any time

Haha! Wouldn't Yukino and Fumi give Shizuru a run for her money? Wink
I wish we could test that out Natsuki Kruger2
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm

When I first saw the series, I didn't think anything of the gesture. I just figured that her hand maybe naturally liked that position and she was doing it unconsciously. But after reading speculations about it being women problems or diarrhea, that makes so much sense. It was her way of coping with being uncomfortable. ^-^;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:
I wish we could test that out Natsuki Kruger2

Same here. Natsuki Kruger2 I always felt Shizuru and Fumi never crossing paths was a missed opportunity.

ookamidesu wrote:When I first saw the series, I didn't think anything of the gesture. I just figured that her hand maybe naturally liked that position and she was doing it unconsciously. But after reading speculations about it being women problems or diarrhea, that makes so much sense. It was her way of coping with being uncomfortable. ^-^;

I just find a lot of humor in the gesture now. Shizuru killed many people episodes later in the Carnival arc and doesn't flinch, but the thought of womanly problems and/or abuse makes her queasy? XD Fujino kaichou is truly one of a kind.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaChuu Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Lmao, old old forum but I had to comment. Previous comments had me laughing so hard.

But back to the actual question, I'm pretty sure that is where her HiME mark is positioned. If you watch on other parts in this area, Yukino does the same thing. Her hand will press against her elbow which is also where her mark is. It's interesting how much you catch when you watch the series again after you know who the HiMEs are, they tend to make small gestures towards that sort of thing.
PizzaChuu
PizzaChuu
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 34
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

PizzaChuu wrote:Lmao, old old forum but I had to comment. Previous comments had me laughing so hard.

Krugerfree Doesn't matter! Use phoenix downs on any old thread! We could always use new insight~

PizzaChuu wrote:But back to the actual question, I'm pretty sure that is where her HiME mark is positioned. If you watch on other parts in this area, Yukino does the same thing. Her hand will press against her elbow which is also where her mark is. It's interesting how much you catch when you watch the series again after you know who the HiMEs are, they tend to make small gestures towards that sort of thing.

I agree, but as you can tell from past discussions, some fans have their doubts or feel Shizuru did that as some kind of internally shuddering (listen, I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to take advantage of Shizuru...). Fans look into things too much; it's the name of the game. I'll just stick to believing the HiME mark is somewhere across her perfect abs. o.o Or as Krystal of Nol once pointed out, a little above the pubic hair line. Elsa )
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down