Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision.

4 posters

Go down

Should Sunrise do a Mai-HiME film for real this time?

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vote_lcap294%What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. I_vote_rcap 94% 
[ 16 ]
What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vote_lcap26%What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Empty What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm

HiME What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. HiME

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vlcsna11

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vlcsna15

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vlcsna16

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vlcsna12

---

This month's topic will go over Sunrise's infamous trailer once more. No bitching or complaining about not delivering us such a promising product this time! This thread will house your opinions on what Sunrise may have had in mind for the Mai-HiME film, story-wise. In addition to this, you will also share what you would of done with the Mai-HiME motion picture, based on the trailer provided by Sunrise. Deescribe your vision of the Mai-HiME movie. It's tone! Would it be a comedy parody or a dark and serious follow up to the Carnival arc? Be as creative as you can for the latter! Viola

Share, discuss and rant! My thoughts coming soon. I've included a poll asking an obvious question. Clicky-click-click!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Empty Re: What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision.

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 pm

This would be a brilliant movie!!! I would have it be the movie between Mai Hime and Mai Otome and explaining much of the transition from one world to another.

The tone wouldn't have to change from its predecessor, it should be the half comedy half dramatic show it has always been! Showing all sides of life is important, keep the emos emo but these characters aren't 1 tone. It slightly pisses me off when they do that, takes away all humanity in them!

Arika and her weird mark should be the newest Searrs experience! They took their research to new heights and developed an improved version of Alyssa with what should be the primitive forms of Otome technology!! The return of Nagi and Mashiro no longer as bystanders but as active players (where the fack did they go anyways?!)!! Alyssa becoming defrosted and saved by Miyu injecting her with the new technology that slowly repaired her body! The himes being reunited with their childs to fight the new threat (and why not corrupt that power and make Searrs or a revived First District develop the early stages of the slaves with the crystals).

All in place for a huge mega war that would change earth to a perpetual war state that would literally change its face!!!

AND OF COURSE!!! Reito somehow changing into a cat in the process... I'm not sure how to explain that one!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Empty Re: What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 09, 2013 6:40 pm

AND OF COURSE!!! Reito somehow changing into a cat in the process... I'm not sure how to explain that one!

I always saw that part as a possible ending for the movie. Wink The antagonist did "something to Reito earlier in the film and nobody knows where he is. After Mai and the others save the day, Mikoto makes a startling discovery! The HiME laugh at him because they consider this bigger punishment than burying him in the sand and feeding him spicy stuff. :3

Now onto my thoughts! First on what Sunrise may have intended. As it's shown, Mai Tokiha and the other HiME are 12 once again, and yet things are about to get worse with the arrival of a being, who calls herself Arika Yumemiya. She comes from another time and already has knowledge about the HiME Star and the HiME in general. Her goal is to destroy each of the Twelve HiME with her entire army, that is immediately assisted by what remains of the SEARRS Foundation. How do I know this?

What was the Mai-HiME film going to be about? Include your own vision. Vlcsna20

^ SEARRS Troops surround Alyssa, who they used to follow orders from. It's a neat twist to have SEARRS have a new agenda by allying themselves with a stronger, more powerful force. In the middle of this takeover of Fuuka, Mai and the others discovery Arika's plot and band together again to take her down. Culminating in a climatic battle that involves Mai Tokiha going up against Arika, with support from Alyssa and M.I.Y.U.

Now, what would I do with this concept? Let me start off by saying that Mai-HiME: Fuka Wars isn't meant to center around deep character development like in the Carnival arc. The movie looked like it was going to be a summer blockbuster with non-stop action and fight scenes. Even as a fan of story, I have no problem with this whatsoever. Think about it, the HiME Rangers are a team once again. This time, with all the reckless rouges from the Carnival arc (Akira, Shizuru, Yukariko, Shiho, etc.) and the ones that were taken out before having a chance to do anything...Akane Higurashi! Haha! My immediately direction would be taking all Twelve girls and given them all at least 12-13 minutes of focused introductory screen time. It's important to catch up on each HiME before the the roller coaster ride of action is fully operational. For Mai-HiME: The Movie, a running time of 120 minutes. Yes, the movie will be dark in tone once the plot gets going, but action heavy after everyone has their say.

The film starts off with a recap of the Carnival arc as a soft piano version of Chiisana Hoshi ga Oriru Toki plays. Fading out, we enter the title credits with Shining Days playing with shots of all the major areas of Fuuka Academy we remember from the series. Enter Mai Tokiha, who narrates the opening sequence by telling us that life is awesome, no more HiME battles, that her and Tate are doing just fine and that Mikoto just can't seem to leave her side. She will then mention that there's a reunion at Fuuka Academy for all the HiME, put together by Midori who just returned from her archeology quest. All the HiME and their Most Important Persons are then focused on with introductory speeches and comedy to remind us of the old schools. Including cameos by Sakomizu, Yohko, Haruka, Alyssa, Miyu, Reito, Chie and Aoi.

During a late night karaoke jam (I'd dedicate about 6 minutes to this sequence), a being appears near the HiME Star and lands on Earth (Fuuka). Her ominous presence is silent for the introduction, we don't to know anything about her yet. Next morning, we cut to the classroom where the being introduces herself as Arika Yumemiya. She immediately befriends Mai and the others by accidentally running into them during their reunion ceremony. Arika is clumsy, awkward and too eager to hang out with the crowd. Shiho, Akira, and Natsuki find her irritating, but accept her. During every Arika scene around Fuuka, there's a tall student watching over from a distance (revealed later to be the HiME-verse's Laura Bianchi) For some reason, Miyu and Alyssa act strange around her, giving her a cold shoulder during an encounter at the chapel.

Later on in the film, explosions go off all around the Academy. Natsuki Kuga calls Yamada, who knows about the explosions already. We get a scene of her changing into her classic biker suit here. Wink Shizuru appears and asks if she can join because hanging out with the others is boring without Natsuki. Natsuki, of course, happily accepts. On their way to investigate, they're attacked by a creature (which would eventually be revealed as a SLAVE), causing the bike to crash and Shizuru knocked out. Natsuki tries to destroy the creature, but it vanishes into the night. Appearing before her suddenly is Arika. Natsuki pleads with her to call an ambulance for Shizuru, but Arika knocks her away and tells her that this is just the beginning. After Arika vanishes, Nagi appears to word vomit some relevant nonsense as usual. He informs Natsuki that Arika is the key to everything and that the battle for the HiME has only just begun.

Natsuki runs towards the hospital herself with Shizuru in her arms. While Shizuru is being treated, Natsuki calls Mai and warns her about Arika. One by one, Arika confronts each HiME with SLAVE monsters. They're easily defeated by the HiME and even Miyu, who is attacked by several SLAVES. Fumi comes forward and tells the others to meet her in the Obsidian Lord's hideout. She informs everyone that this enemy comes from another time. She doesn't know this for sure, but her powerful bond with Mashiro is telling her this. That they come from a time that is a certain, yet unorganized future. Fumi continues by mentioning that she can no longer use Mashiro in battle, but to ensure the safety of the planet, she will assist Mai and the others.

Next day, the SEARRS Foundation representative (seen at the end of episode 15) finds Arika, surrounded by several of his troops. After letting Arika know that they found her with a device to track alpha waves, they insist that they're not here to destroy her. Rather, join forces because they refuse to wait 300 years to extract revenge. After an uncomfortable scene with Arika toying with the SEARRS soldiers in a cruel way, she agrees as it'll provide some "fun". In return for their loyal service, Arika offers to eliminate anyone they have a grudge against. Cut to Alyssa and M.I.Y.U. having a long dialogue scene, discussing whether or not they should involve themselves with the Valkyries. Suddenly, Arika shows up by herself and confronts the two herself. Miyu has a fight scene with Arika that lasts a minute. Miyu actually bests Arika for a second (which Arika allows) and go in for a finishing blow when Laura Bianchi shows up to block the shot. Laura is the bodyguard powerhouse or "the muscle" of the film, who just tears Miyu apart. The SEARRS troops show up to surround Alyssa who helplessly watches Miyu get beaten. Arika does her usually psychotic threats and Alyssa refuses to give in. Arika keeps her promise by setting off a series of explosives around Fuuka that she put there herself. The HiME inside flee and save as many people as possible (Yukino does her best to conceal the CHILDs). Several students are killed in the process as the explosives just keep going off. Done on purpose so the HiME can't save everyone. This sends Mai over the edge in furious anger; my own throwback to her first battle with Mikoto in the Carnival arc. Though the other HiME try to calm her down, they perfectly understand her fury. Even Natsuki.

---

^^; I'll finish the second half later, gotta head out to a local concert. :) Hope you weren't too bored. This is just how I envision the movie to be, it doesn't have to be the way you want it. I'll finish later tonight or tomorrow.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 am

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mai+hime+fake+movie+trailer&mid=5B20F52708A6C1AF93045B20F52708A6C1AF9304&view=detail&FORM=VIRE5

Above is a fan dub of the trailer.
Since I read even the mangas entirely as well watched the anime.
I figure some things might be added.

Guess: Arika ventures into their dimension.
Something in her's was heading towards the HiME dimension?
(Remember Arika being shown at the end of the series?)

To me it continues then.
They fight this known evil with all of the HiMEs.
Their powers are returned to them.

From Fan dubbed trailer:
Arika appears before them and states who she is and why she's there.
Showing her powers, to let them know she isn't an average girl.
However as time goes on, she develops a symbol on her leg that differs from the HiME.

I assume the battles are brutal since Mikoto finds an injured Nao.
Her child defeated and Shiho watching behind a tree.
It was showing them becoming closer in the director's cut.
(This is why I see her liking either Mai or Nao.)

Plus shiho is secretly watching
Natsuki holding an injured Shizuru.
Plus Nagi stating that Arika is the key to everything.
With Alyssa being targeted for an attack,
I figure something is up with Alyssa and Miyu.
Since Arika fights them in the trailer.

Also seeing Reito as the fat Mikoto cat that's crying.
Mikoto alerts Mai that the fat cat is her brother.

Apparently it's about a mysterious intruder
from across the galaxy and it's stating the hime will rise again.

Now onto my version:

Mine would be close to the story.

But on a different level,

I got that if they are defeated they do not lose their loved ones.

I am really not sure how I would set it up.
Now that I am thinking about it!:lol:
If I showed something that has already been seen or known about.
Pay no attention to it.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 am

I am gonna try to come with something, maybe the HIME movie could be about Arika and SEARRS trying to get revenge on the school. It turns out that there is actually another way to get the HIME star and the power of the Materializers without the Carnival. By exploiting this loophole, SEARRS attempts ot get the power of HIME and use them for the purposes of creating a new golden age thorugh Arika Yumemiya. Arika goes to school in order to spy and befriend the Hime, she mkaes good friends but sometime she would betray them later. SEARRS sends its own team of assassins and materialziers in order to defeat the other Hime. They rake over the school and sometime later they fight SEARRS and reclaim the school from SEARRS wherer Mai fights Arika and befriends her for real.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:I got that if they are defeated they do not lose their loved ones.
[/color][/b]

The Most Important Person aspect of the show made it unique. If a HiME was just defeated or killed, it would seem a little simplistic. You'd have to raise the stakes even higher in some way, Kiros. Shizuru Fujino Maybe if the HiME is defeated, she loses her powers but not the CHILD. Sort of second wind for the HiME.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:I got that if they are defeated they do not lose their loved ones.
[/color][/b]

The Most Important Person aspect of the show made it unique. If a HiME was just defeated or killed, it would seem a little simplistic. You'd have to raise the stakes even higher in some way, Kiros. :Shizuru:Maybe if the HiME is defeated, she loses her powers but not the CHILD. Sort of second wind for the HiME.
Seeing them laying there, unconscious next others made me wonder. Like Natsuki holding Shizuru, Mikoto crying over Nao.. but i wondered about it, you do make an excellent point.:D
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:]Seeing them laying there, unconscious next others made me wonder. Like Natsuki holding Shizuru, Mikoto crying over Nao.. but i wondered about it, you do make an excellent point.:D

About that scene with Mikoto and Nao, I'm confident that scene happens early on in the film. Akane was eliminated first in the series, it only makes sense to have a fan favorite eliminated first. Sorry Akane, you do have fans but...you know. XD

Nao's defeat could anger Mikoto so much that she goes berserk on everything around her. Mai would pop in and calm her down. :) In this film, we have a much strong, 100% sure of herself Mai, so there wouldn't be much angst on her part. o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:15 am

But what needs to happen in order for Mikoto and Nao to get to that state? Something needs to happen to Nao or she needs to be attacked by someone.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:29 pm

GAP wrote:But what needs to happen in order for Mikoto and Nao to get to that state? Something needs to happen to Nao or she needs to be attacked by someone.

Isn't it obvious? Nao is defeated by the evil Arika Yumemiya; in very brutal fashion I might add. If Sunrise wants to make this scene work, the beat-down would need to be so hard to watch, that it makes anyone who didn't like Nao during the series feel sorry for her. Once Mai eases her pain, the two can concentrate on the person responsible. By that point, we HATE Arika and want to see her beaten, probably even killed. Perfect heroes versus villain showdown set up. Arika Yumemiya 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:25 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:But what needs to happen in order for Mikoto and Nao to get to that state? Something needs to happen to Nao or she needs to be attacked by someone.

Isn't it obvious? Nao is defeated by the evil Arika Yumemiya; in very brutal fashion I might add. If Sunrise wants to make this scene work, the beat-down would need to be so hard to watch, that it makes anyone who didn't like Nao during the series feel sorry for her. Once Mai eases her pain, the two can concentrate on the person responsible. By that point, we HATE Arika and want to see her beaten, probably even killed. Perfect heroes versus villain showdown set up. Arika Yumemiya 

That makes sense but also after that scene Arika has meet up with her superiors and set up a plan to make over the Fuuka and the Star.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 pm

GAP wrote:That makes sense but also after that scene Arika has meet up with her superiors and set up a plan to make over the Fuuka and the Star.

Superiors? Interesting, but I'd like to think Arika is the mastermind behind this HiME hunt and takeover of Earth. It'll be unsettling since we're used to seeing the kindhearted idealist Arika Yumemiya from Mai-Otome.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:]Seeing them laying there, unconscious next others made me wonder. Like Natsuki holding Shizuru, Mikoto crying over Nao.. but i wondered about it, you do make an excellent point.:D

About that scene with Mikoto and Nao, I'm confident that scene happens early on in the film. Akane was eliminated first in the series, it only makes sense to have a fan favorite eliminated first. Sorry Akane, you do have fans but...you know. XD

Nao's defeat could anger Mikoto so much that she goes berserk on everything around her. Mai would pop in and calm her down. :)In this film, we have a much strong, 100% sure of herself Mai, so there wouldn't be much angst on her part. o.o
I like your version of this, I find it quite entertaining and your view on how you see it.
All of this adds to creativity.
The can see all of this making the hime be angry and full of rage.
Mikoto especially due to anger,pain, hurt and confusion, and I don't see Natsuki allowing someone to walk away from hurting Shizuru.

Mai was the last remaining HiME, she would be more level headed probably.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:I like your version of this, I find it quite entertaining and your view on how you see it.
All of this adds to creativity.
The can see all of this making the hime be angry and full of rage.
Mikoto especially due to anger,pain, hurt and confusion, and I don't see Natsuki allowing someone to walk away from hurting Shizuru.

Mai was the last remaining HiME, she would be more level headed probably.

Thank you! It's a basic structure though, but it follows through on that cinematic quality you'd expect from a big budget anime film. The Mai-HiME movie shouldn't feel like an extended episode (something the Dragon Ball Z films suffer from), it should be an experience. Where the stakes are higher, the drama is bigger, the action is more explosive and you get the occasional crowd pleaser or two. For example: ShizNat kissing before the final battle, Mai screaming KAGUTSUCHIIIIIII!!! in space (like in the trailer), Akane and Yukino kicking major ass (as opposed to the series where they didn't get to do much) etc. All the HiME should have their "moment" to shine in the film.

Oh absolutely! The final battle should be all 12 HiME fighting Evil Arika at the same time. Only to have everyone beaten until Miyu and Alyssa make one desperate attempt to weaken Arika, giving Mai the opportunity to deliver the finishing blow.

mai hime  : Pew! Pew! Pew!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Thank you! It's a basic structure though, but it follows through on that cinematic quality you'd expect from a big budget anime film. The Mai-HiME movie shouldn't feel like an extended episode (something the Dragon Ball Z films suffer from), it should be an experience. Where the stakes are higher, the drama is bigger, the action is more explosive and you get the occasional crowd pleaser or two. For example: ShizNat kissing before the final battle, Mai screaming KAGUTSUCHIIIIIII!!! in space (like in the trailer), Akane and Yukino kicking major ass (as opposed to the series where they didn't get to do much) etc. All the HiME should have their "moment" to shine in the film.

Oh absolutely! The final battle should be all 12 HiME fighting Evil Arika at the same time. Only to have everyone beaten until Miyu and Alyssa make one desperate attempt to weaken Arika, giving Mai the opportunity to deliver the finishing blow.

A lot of things you mentioned makes a lot of sense, Some things you said I didn't even think about or had the correct words to describe. All the points and ideas would bring more attention to a movie version..making it worth watching.
I'd like to see what all the HiME can do.:D 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:
A lot of things you mentioned makes a lot of sense, Some things you said I didn't even think about or had the correct words to describe. All the points and ideas would bring more attention to a movie version..making it worth watching.
I'd like to see what all the HiME can do.:D 
[/quote]

Thanks! So do I! In episode 26, while I enjoyed it, all the HiME did was charge into the HiME Star and that's it! XD It would be nice to see them all fighting Arika with hand to hand combat and CHILD use. That would be an incredible fight sequence; I can even picture it in my mind. If only Sunrise would hire me as a screenwriter or something. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Thanks! So do I! In episode 26, while I enjoyed it, all the HiME did was charge into the HiME Star and that's it! XD It would be nice to see them all fighting Arika with hand to hand combat and CHILD use. That would be an incredible fight sequence; I can even picture it in my mind. If only Sunrise would hire me as a screenwriter or something. XD
It would be good if they did.
I may have ideas but I rarely can find the right words to say a whole lot for things.
Despite writing long posts, my mind wanders and rarely is focused and some thoughts take forever.:lol: 

I find myself more entertained by listening to other's thoughts and opinions.
I'm a constant thinker so it's nice to listen to other people with their thoughts and ideas! :) 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:
It would be good if they did.
I may have ideas but I rarely can find the right words to say a whole lot for things.
Despite writing long posts, my mind wanders and rarely is focused and some thoughts take forever.:lol: 

I find myself more entertained by listening to other's thoughts and opinions.
I'm a constant thinker so it's nice to listen to other people with their thoughts and ideas! :) 

Mikoto Minagi That's the beauty of it, Kiros! If you find yourself being more of a listener, then the ideas will start flowing easier. Heck, I wouldn't mind if you borrow these ideas and opinions. We're sharing aren't we? XD Besides, it'll be a while until I continue writing fics. It's not a passion of mine to write, but you seem to have a knack for it. Razz  Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down