Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru?

+3
Daichi148
PostoronnimV
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Go down

WHO'S SLAP IS SUPERIOR!?

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vote_lcap250%Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vote_lcap250%Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 14

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Empty Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:40 pm

HiME Who had the better (more meaningful) slap?
Haruka or Shizuru? HiME

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vlcsna32

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vlcsna33

VS.

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vlcsna34

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Vlcsna35

---

Deviating from the more serious versus discussions for while with this thread, asking which slap from episode Mai-HiME Episode 22 is superior? Not only from an execution standpoint mind you, MManiacs, but also from a deeper one. Which of these lovely ladies had a slap that was more justified? Haruka's slapping Shizuru for telling Yukino off or Shizuru slapping Haruka for talking trash about Natsuki?

Discuss and vote now in the poll! Armitage Viola
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Empty Re: Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru?

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Shizuru's slap is more justified...

I believe, Haruka didn't had the right to give Shizuru a slap in the face... they both provoked Shizuru and when she pointed out that Yukino instead of dealing with her own life and problems, pokes her nose into other people's... it was the truth! so for what reason Shizuru got a slap?

And Haruka got a well-deserved slap in the face... she, without a full understanding of the situation, insulted Shizuru and Natsuki, while Shizuru did not say anything offensive about her or Yukino...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? Empty Re: Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru?

Post by Daichi148 Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 pm

I think haruka, had many conflicts with Shizuru and was her way of relaxing...
Shizuru's coup, was to defend the person who loves but if we put it in a context of "Tianguis"= market fight ...
I bet for Haruka!
Daichi148
Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 914
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 am

PostoronnimV wrote:Shizuru's slap is more justified...

I believe, Haruka didn't had the right to give Shizuru a slap in the face... they both provoked Shizuru and when she pointed out that Yukino instead of dealing with her own life and problems, pokes her nose into other people's... it was the truth! so for what reason Shizuru got a slap?

And Haruka got a well-deserved slap in the face... she, without a full understanding of the situation, insulted Shizuru and Natsuki, while Shizuru did not say anything offensive about her or Yukino...

I like how slightly symbolic the slapping exchange scene is. Think about it, both Haruka and Shizuru are highly defensive when it comes to their girlfriends. Wink They could care less about being insulted, but trashing the loves of their lives?! Dem's fightin' words.

Regardless, I do agree that Yukino pretty much started the entire debacle by provoking an already pissed off Shizuru.

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? PDVD_044

^ Clearly mad. Yes, Haruka is the one who interrupted Shizuru's kiss...but who knew where Shizuru was the whole time? Blame Reito all you want, he called you out on knowledge YOU yourself possessed, Yukino. Wink You didn't help the situation any further by calling Shizuru out on her private affairs and being a lousy Kaichou.

Daichi148 wrote:I think haruka, had many conflicts with Shizuru and was her way of relaxing...
Shizuru's coup, was to defend the person who loves but if we put it in a context of "Tianguis"= market fight ...
I bet for Haruka!

I'm actually surprised Haruka has the most votes so far! Keep it up guys.

shizurubaby
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Regardless, I do agree that Yukino pretty much started the entire debacle by provoking an already pissed off Shizuru.

Shizuru - Who had the better (more meaningful) slap? Haruka or Shizuru? PDVD_044

^ Clearly mad. Yes, Haruka is the one who interrupted Shizuru's kiss...but who knew where Shizuru was the whole time? Blame Reito all you want, he called you out on knowledge YOU yourself possessed, Yukino. Wink You didn't help the situation any further by calling Shizuru out on her private affairs and being a lousy Kaichou.
I agree with every word!

And that situation, by the way, showed how selfish Yukino is... She knew, that Shizuru had left her post of Kaichou for a good reason... and also how exactly would Shizuru's staying on her post have helped? Yes, she may be very-very-very good in dealing with people, but not in the situation, when school was in a state of ruin, the headmaster disappeared, the teachers abandoned their works, the students did not attend school and/or transferred to other schools... here would not have helped even Shizuru's charming smile and calm presence, the students needed answers and stability, which Shizuru could not give...So would Shizuru's presence have made any difference? I do not think so... she also would have been helpless in that situation... and, I'm sure, Yukino knew it, too.
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:I agree with every word!

And that situation, by the way, showed how selfish Yukino is... She knew, that Shizuru had left her post of Kaichou for a good reason... and also how exactly would Shizuru's staying on her post have helped? Yes, she may be very-very-very good in dealing with people, but not in the situation, when school was in a state of ruin, the headmaster disappeared, the teachers abandoned their works, the students did not attend school and/or transferred to other schools... here would not have helped even Shizuru's charming smile and calm presence, the students needed answers and stability, which Shizuru could not give...So would Shizuru's presence have made any difference? I do not think so... she also would have been helpless in that situation... and, I'm sure, Yukino knew it, too.

Not only was there no way Yukino didn't know about Natsuki's life being in danger at the hands of Nao, she knew Shizuru rescued and took her to the teahouse (Diana. Best spy device. EVER.). So really, Yukino's song and dance during the confrontation was intentional to make Shizuru look like the villain. Good point made btw, fans tend to forget that Shizuru admits to the duties of Fuuka Academy being too much for her. Hence her saying something along the lines of "I'll be counting on you to do your best" to Haruka and Yukino. The only comeback you could give that is "Well, Shizuru should of given notice to the Student Council if she wanted time off". This is SHIZURU we're talking about. She's a very spontaneous girl. :3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 am

There wasn't a more meaningful slap. While using each other's most important person is a trigger for both to lash out there was no more meaning to one slap than the other. I'm much more interested in all the build up that got them to slap each other, the trashing about each other's girls was only the final straw.
Never the less, the most dignified slap was Shizuru's. While Haruka is impulsive and clearly lost her temper seeing no other way of getting Shizuru to try and regain sense, Shizuru took it and didn't slap back until Haruka mentioned Natsuki. And even then was extremely cool. (if you can call summoning her element and child cool...)
Both slaps were necessary though. It showed a great length of character depth conveying all sorts of feelings bottled up. They didn't slap each other to hurt each other physically and assert their dominance, but to make a point. While I don't condone physical violence of any sort, they didn't punch nor kick each other's asses like we know they can easily do. They were both justified in their own means and had all sorts of back stories to support it.
It's overlooked, but this is a small underrated brilliant moment that transmitted more dimension and life into two fictional characters than most television crap.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
It's overlooked, but this is a small underrated brilliant moment that transmitted more dimension and life into two fictional characters than most television crap.

Well, yeah. I'm assuming there's more depth in those 20 seconds than an entire season of Vampire Diaries.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:49 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Well, yeah. I'm assuming there's more depth in those 20 seconds than an entire season of Vampire Diaries.

In danger of bringing about everybody's wrath, I'd say more like all seasons. Even though I only watched about 1 minute of it. It was enough. For life. And eternity. All alternate space time dimensions included!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:17 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:In danger of bringing about everybody's wrath, I'd say more like all seasons. Even though I only watched about 1 minute of it. It was enough. For life. And eternity. All alternate space time dimensions included!

*laughs* Maybe I'm just close minded in this case, but any series that had it's foundation built thanks to Twilight cannot possibly be good.

Ironic. Despite being animated characters, Haruka and Shizuru display a wider range of emotion. Duh?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm quite surprised that Haruka is getting more votes.
True, I may be biased since I love Shizuru's character. But still, her slap had more meaning behind.
Shizuru really wasn't trash talking Yukino. As some you have said, she was just stating the truth. Something Yukino was so affraid of Haruka to know about. Because it meant that Haruka would probably see her different. And considering the reaction she had when she began to insult Natsuki and Shizuru for their kiss, I'm not surprised.
Also this makes me think. Did Haruka slap Shizuru for practically calling Yukino a two-face liar and stuff like that? With absolute ignorance of what she was referring to?
Or with complete understanding of what Shizuru said?
Because if it is the second, then she's a bit of an hypocrite, isn't she?
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:24 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I'm quite surprised that Haruka is getting more votes.
True, I may be biased since I love Shizuru's character. But still, her slap had more meaning behind.
Shizuru really wasn't trash talking Yukino. As some you have said, she was just stating the truth. Something Yukino was so affraid of Haruka to know about. Because it meant that Haruka would probably see her different. And considering the reaction she had when she began to insult Natsuki and Shizuru for their kiss, I'm not surprised.
Also this makes me think. Did Haruka slap Shizuru for practically calling Yukino a two-face liar and stuff like that? With absolute ignorance of what she was referring to?
Or with complete understanding of what Shizuru said?
Because if it is the second, then she's a bit of an hypocrite, isn't she?

Haruka gets carried away easily as you already know, ShezNek. What happened was she was ignorant to the truth of this situation (HiME business was secret until AFTER the fact). Her slap was simply because she felt Shizuru told Yukino off. Which she did...but Shizuru was telling the truth and Haruka didn't know this.

Get it now? If so, that's kind of answers your hypocrite question. To defend Haruka a bit though, she was kept in the dark until everyone started flashing their Elements and CHILDs around. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 pm

I wasn't really referring to the Child business.
If I remember correctly, Shizuru kinda told Yukino of her hidden feelings for Haruka. That's when Haruka slapped Shizuru. And then she started to say how 'disgusting' it was that kind of relation between two girls.
So, that's when Shizuru slapped Haruka back.

I was referring to that part. If she kinda knew of the feelings Yukino harbored for her or not. Even the slightest hint and she just tried to deny it, 'cause you know, Yukino is her FRIEND.
That's why I was calling her that. Because IF she knows about those feelings, then she didn't really have the right to bad-talk Natsuki and Shizuru for the kiss they had.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 am

I can understand both views, really. Both had pros and cons, so I see it as a whole win-win/lose-lose situation

For Haruka, I can see why she was so pissed off at Shizuru, since (although there were reasons) Shizuru was a professional slacker. She was fed up with Shizuru's lack of responsibilities and couldn't control everything all by herself, which is why Haruka bitchslapped Shizuru, along with that Yukino was mentally attacked (I guess xD). But the downside is that Yukino started the whole thing and acted like she was the victim, but it was also a bit justified, because although things went batshit bananas for a while, Yukino forcing out Shizuru's confession did bring Natsuki and Shizuru more closer than before. I see it as a good thing, but it was done the wrong way

And for Shizuru's view, she kind of did have to save Natsuki in the first place. I mean what the hell would've happened if Natsuki got killed? >_> Saving Natsuki and nursing her back to health was only Shizuru's business and not Yukino's, not to mention Shizuru's privacy was invaded as well. Downside though is that it's possible that Shizuru did something to Natsuki in her sleep, taking advantage of her. Yes, whatever she did wasn't right, but bitchslapping Haruka was a pretty justified reason, because, regardless whatever Shizuru did to Natsuki, Haruka denied Shizuru's lesbianism and called both her and Natsuki filthy. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, and whatever Shizuru did to Natsuki, all sexual labels can do that, and that is just not a good idea

So yeah, both sides had good reasons; both sides did things that weren't right. Both were pretty pissed off and stressed out, and that's what people do

Like I said, I can totally understand both sides, but if I were to choose a side, it'd be Shizuru's. I mean the lady was more busy than Haruka, being the president, working at a job, and doing duties as a HiME. I mean talk about a lot of stress! But she couldn't tell Haruka the real reasons why she kept slacking off, because Haruka wouldn't have understand. Plus people were pretty much forbidden to know that the HiME exist, so either way, Shizuru just couldn't tell Haruka the actual reasons behind her story. Even when Shizuru revealed her Element, Haruka still didn't really understand

The Carnival couldn't be ignored or anything. It made everyone stressed and messed up, and it wasn't really their fault. Both sides were about to explode sooner or later :) Also both sides deserved to be forgiven, which I think happened :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:33 am

Yukino started it by spying and getting caught.
shizuru wanted privacy.
Haruka DID want to find Shizuru to discuss Council stuff
However she was irritated.. to find Shizuru lounging around and not being committed to her work.

When Shizuru said something about Yukino, Haruka slapped her.
When Haruka mentioned something toward Natsuki, Shizuru slapped her.
Both were obvious not happy with one another.
In truth be told, Shizuru was only Kaichou for Natsuki
to use the laptop to obtain information.

Haruka:

Admired Shizuru to an extent but considered her a rival but respected her.
Until she neglected her duties, Haruka was oblivious to a lot of things going on.
But very protective of Yukino.

Shizuru:

Flat out was under control and only cared about Natsuki despite that.

It can go either way, it was equal on both ends.
Both girls didn't like the things said by the other.

Both slaps held meaning,
it showed Haruka as standing up for herself and always protective of Yukino.
Not always submitting to Shizuru in the end.

Shizuru stated her feelings rather emotionless so, don't expect a person to just accept that.
Haruka, does come off strong but Shizuru hid behind a mask.
It was becoming quite obvious.

Shizuru slapped because nobody talks bad about Natsuki around her.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down