Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices)

+4
Midori Sugiura
shezaei-neko
Luu Sky Sapphire
Darthtabby
8 posters

Go down

hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) Empty Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices)

Post by Darthtabby Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 am

Have you ever thought about what sort of things the various characters in HiME might end up doing with their lives after the end of the series? I thought it might be interesting to share ideas on that topic. For some characters there are obvious options, but in other cases its less obvious.

Darthtabby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

Back to top Go down

hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) Empty Re: Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

I'd like to begin with Natsuki Kuga, the most obvious choice. During the series, Natsuki didn't really make any goals for the future because, to her, the here and now was most important. So without information on her personal aspirations or dreams, I'm assuming she will eventually become a mechanic. Maybe I'm taking a page out of a character she resembles from yuri anime, Simoun (Waporif), but it's true. She knows a lot about motorbikes, perhaps she will develop a love for racing. Competitions are popular all over the world, so I can see Natsuki using the sport as a way to get her thrill, while symbolically out running her past (the events of Mai-HiME).

All the while Shizuru's arms are wrapped around her waist. I firmly believe the two will become even closer in the future, so much that Shizuru will support Natsuki's career in the field of motor sports and repair. Biased ShizNat shipper is biased.

hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) PDVD_017
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) Empty Re: Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices)

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Interesting thread.
This open a lot of possibilities for future fictions.

Well, I must say that Natsuki being a mechanic or racer would be the most obvious option regarding the abilities shown in the series. But I'd want her to be something else. Something that one doesn't really expect or thought before.

I'd say that maybe she could be a vet. She likes dogs, and I think animals in general. So maybe working as one could fit her.
On the other side, she had the guts to start an investigation regarding the 1st district. Given that, maybe as a private investigator, since working in the force would give her lots of rules and protocols to follow, and she isn't that type of gal.

Shizuru. Well, it may sound too cliché, but I'd like her to have a tea house. To rent to companies and have the tea ceremony in it. Also a tea shop, a very fancy one.

For Mai...well, the first option for me would be Chef. Gaining fame and all, to then have her own small but prestigious restaurant.

Yukino could be a programmer/hacker working for an important company. Most likely Haruka's.

Shiho would become a Miko.

Akane, I can only see her having babies at a young age and being a young mom... Razz

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Just a quick on a few

Nao - Businesswoman or Lawyer (bloodthirsty & feisty nature)

Mai - Chef, restaurant owner or Stay at home Mom

Mikoto - Athlete, maybe

Alyssa - Opera singer

Miyu - Still by Alyssa's side

Midori - Archaeologist or Teacher again

Fumi - Alcoholic

Takeda - Professional Kendo player

Reito - Politician

Shiho - stalker

Akane & Kazuya - Married with kids

Shizuru & Natsuki - a couple minimum, married most likely, Shizuru's family business can support them, though I can see Natsuki starting up a Motorbike Repair Shop

Haruka - Drill Sergeant, Police Chief, or Politician

Yukino - At Haruka's side

Yukariko - stay at home mom

Yohko - Nurse still
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:Fumi - Alcoholic
Lol... But I think, that Fumi will remain the Principal of Fuka Academy... =)

Natsuki - I absolutely don't think, that Natsuki will become an auto mechanic (if we will be realistic, a mechanic is more a man's job, because this type of work requires a man's type of physical strength)... I also don't think, that she will open a Motorbike/Auto Repair Shop, I think she rather will open a lingerie store =)

And I agree with shezaei-neko ​​about 'a private investigator'. Natsuki will make an excellent private investigator...

I also think, Natsuki can become a scientist... cuz she is smart and it will be a waste of potential, if she will not make use of her intelligence... plus, she has good genes (her mom's) for this and she is pretty ambitious, because to go against the First District, the highly influential organization, determination+motivation to punish for injustices are not enough, you need the ambitions and a lot of ambitions...

Shizuru - she can become anyone, where she can make use of her excellent negotiation, conversation and diplomatic skills! But I've always envisioned her in some of the creative profession (for example, in the visual arts) =)

Mai - she can become a chef and open a restaurant...

Midori - an archaeologist or an adventurer, or a teacher

Akane - a housewife and young mother...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 am

PostoronnimV wrote:
Natsuki - I absolutely don't think, that Natsuki will become an auto mechanic (if we will be realistic, a mechanic is more a man's job, because this type of work requires a man's type of physical strength)... I also don't think, that she will open a Motorbike Repair shop, I think she rather will open a lingerie store =)

My Girlfriend is a car mechanic, thank you very much, Akira Okuzaki
also while It'd be kinky seeing her own a Lingerie shop, I don't think hobbies and work places when it comes to collections usually work out, and working with her motorbike (who else fixes it?) I can see her putting those skills to work,

Philosodori though I must admit she'd make a great detective or secret agent
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:My Girlfriend is a car mechanic, thank you very much
Sowie, sowie)) I didn't mean anything bad, honestly...=)

What I meant was, that a mechanic, especially within auto repair, is the physically demanding job, which is more suitable for men, imo, but there are always exceptions =)

Midori Sugiura wrote: also while It'd be kinky seeing her own a Lingerie shop, I don't think hobbies and work places when it comes to collections usually work out, and working with her motorbike (who else fixes it?) I can see her putting those skills to work,
My grandfather loves motorcycles and even has owned a few, and knows how to fix them, but I know for a fact, that he never thought of becoming a mechanic... so to know how to fix them is not equal to the calling... but it's only my opinion =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 am

PostoronnimV wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:My Girlfriend is a car mechanic, thank you very much
Sowie, sowie)) I didn't mean anything bad, honestly...=)

What I meant was, that a mechanic, especially within auto repair, is the physically demanding job, which is more suitable for men, imo, but there are always exceptions =)

It's Okay, It is indeed a field of work made up of mainly men
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Women work in my auto repair shop as well. They a little past hundred pounds too. Go figure. Wink

I don't think Natsuki would become a scientist. Can she? She certainly has the intelligence for it, sure. I just don't think it would be something that interests her. Dr. Saeko Kuga (oh the irony of such a name) was an expert in her field because she clearly devoted herself night and day to projects and an organization that was dirty, but hard working. Natsuki is qualified if she set it as a goal, but she strikes me as someone who enjoys the simple things in life.

hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) PDVD_447
hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) PDVD_449
hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) PDVD_451

Like video games, junk food, bikes as hobby if she won't become a repair-woman or a Danica Patrick type superstar and lingerie. Opening a lingerie shop was indeed mentioned and that's a stong possibility too. Just make sure the stock doesn't turn into blue sparkles.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Mai: Restaurant owner, living with Mikoto

Reito: politician

Natsuki: motorcycle shop owner, in a relationship with Shizuru

Mikoto: possibly working some odd job on a 9-5 schedule, living with either Mai or Reito

Midori: an adventure archaeologist, possibly following in her mentor's footsteps when he decides to hang it up

Shiho: a Reclusive miko who endlessly thinks of ways to go after Mai

Takeda: A salaryman, married to Akane

Youko: Either stay as a nurse at Fuuka academy or she'll accompany Midori under the guidance of making sure she doesn't die too soon

Haruka: Running a company or corporation, in a relationship with Yukino

Yukino: Working as a secretary under Haruka, and in a relationship with Haruka

Shizuru: Either a politician or a high ranking business woman or council woman and in a relationship with Natsuki

Akira: definitely continuing on the family legacy as a shinobi, what she'll be doing for income is another question but definitely in a relationship with Takumi

Takumi: Possibly working as a salaryman or a teacher but more than likely training under Akira's family to become a shinobi and continue on the tradition as well

Akane: Possibly a stay at home mom or a secretary and in a relationship with Kazuya

Chie: I see her and Aoi either as secretaries or having a daytime talkshow and in a relationship with Aoi

Aoi: See Chie

Takeda: After being dumped by Natsuki I see him being much more driven in Kendo and working to make himself the best to opening up his own dojo and focusing solely on Kendo and not letting anything else get in the way.

Yukariko: possibly a stay at home mom or trying her hand at becoming a teacher. Dunno whether she'll still be in a relationship with Ishigaki or not

Shigaki: Still working as an art teacher, and hopefully trying to repent for what he did in the Carnival and to Sister.

Nao; I doubt she's working as a nun, probably doing work in a department store or some shop, hopefully her mom has talked her out of the whole luring and conning men out of their money deal.

Miyu: Possibly still working as a nun or whatever choice Alyssa has chosen to undertake, she'll be there beside her

Tate: part of me wants to say he'd be in a relationship with Mai and either helping her run her business, and another part of me wants to see him leave Fuuka and put it and its people behind him and forget his time there.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:... she strikes me as someone who enjoys the simple things in life. Like video games, junk food...
Well, she is a teenager... so it's not strange that she loves all these things... plus, with her intense&eventful life, she even needs these things to relax...

And Natsuki always strikes me as a rather ambitious person... I think, she's one of those people, who are eager to acquire new knowledge, self-development... who need to move forward and explore new horizons. She is not an inert person, who goes with the flow... Plus, considering how she spent years of maturation and formation of the character... I do not think, that she will be able to truly enjoy the simple, normal life... but this is only my opinion and my understanding of her character))

Though maybe you're right about 'a scientist'... but, I think, a private investigator is most optimal variant, or, as you said, a racer...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:hime - Future Prospects (HiME Life/Career Choices) PDVD_449
This screenshot always makes me giggle... play video games and eat junk food in expensive lingerie... wierd girl...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthtabby Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 pm

You guys have some interesting ideas.

Just about everyone sees Mai as some sort of chef/restaurant owner type, but to me that doesn't seem quite right. She's a great cook, but is she really the type to cook fancy schmancy gourmet meals? The series didn't really give much indication of what she hoped to do post graduation though. Thanks to her focus on Takumi and the events of the Hime Carnival its only towards the end of the series that she's really starting to contemplate what she herself wants to do. I think its worth considering that she's hard working and good with people when considering possible careers for her.

I tend to see Mai and Tate staying together, but then I tend to sort of put aside the apparent attempts to retcon the canonicity of their relationship after the fiasco with Tate's voice actor.

As for Natsuki, the motorbike racing thing could work, though I imagine Shizuru wouldn't be happy about her doing something so dangerous. Razz I can actually sort of see her as a scientist, but I wonder if that's something she'd have time to decide on prior to graduation -and if she could make up for all that time where she wasn't taking her studies very seriously.

Given their apparent backgrounds, I can see Shizuru and Haruka being involved in business and/or politics. Actually it would be hilarious if they both ran for office and ended up going against each other. Razz

Darthtabby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Make this a two part for this thread

Akane/Kazuya: I don't think she'll marry Kazuya right off the bat, they may do it but marrying will take it's time. Akane will focus her goal on becoming female cop on protect the denizens of Fuuka against any type of threat inlcuding Kazu-kun will join the force like his soon to be wife.

Akira/Takumi: Will inherit and continue nobility of the Okuzaki name, the family will think well enough on Takumi and his health to marry Akira in the long run. Since the Okuzaki nobility continue the Ninjitsu name and be part forces branches of Japan strength. Akira career will focus on athletic sports career and commitment on her nobility family.

Aoi/Chie: Call me crazy and yes sooner or later she may become a HiME onwards the next series. Her and Chie have a career interest in journalism broadcasting.

Mai: Mai will pair up Reito as the OTP since both of'em have chemistry relationship down the road unless Reito cannot take another bad spicy rice curry from Mai. Her life really can either two/three ways or together, one is being a popular chef owning a family restaurant with Takumi involved, unless he decides to marry Akira to inherit Okuzaki and two start a singing career. Deep down she could both and still continue to kick ass an HiME.

Mikoto/Reito: Agreed, she'll be an awesome athlete, a brilliant weapon artist rise to the ladder as the best and will side with her brother Reito on bringing back reviving the nobility to the Minagi name. Reito will marry Mai, that is a fact and damn true. Reito will lead the future as of one the most riches brilliant man in Japan.

Miyu/Alyssa: As programmed remain loyal on protecting Alyssa. She may get worked on trying to enabled her emotions to everyone to become human or was she from the beginning. Miyu will help Alyssa be an ark for the HiME's and the sword to slay down SEARRS Foundation. Both Miyu and Alyssa will achieve start a new on their own Golden Age.

Midori: Let's see, Finished her education that's one, going more adventures with Prof that's two, own Youko money or she will kill me when comeback three and get wasted and backlog on watching Sentai/Kamen Rider series. Oh snap I've forgot five, continue to find about the HiME's purpose and explore the origins of Fuuka. Oh again six, continue to save the world against evil forming HiME Sentai and kicking Nagi petite ass all over the place.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:38 am

Taking quick notes...

Chie: A reporter. She'll most likely talk about the latest (and the juiciest) scoops in the show business industry.

Sakomizu: Probably will quit teaching to start gardening for a change.

Haruka: She could be in the military. Hey, she took on a tank! I could foresee her too as an engineer.

Nagi: A strategist. For what, I don't know.

Yukino: With her intelligence, she could become a scientist. Discovering new things, doing experiments...

Shizuru: She could be nationwide famous for her tea ceremonies. Nothing beats the teas served by her, after all.

Midori: An archaelogist, the most obvious thing that comes to mind. Oh, and a traveler to every place the globe has to offer.

Alyssa: A young singing sensation.

Akane: A love guru. A suitable love adviser for young folks.

Natsuki: Motorcycling legend, being female and all, racing against the most famous male motorcyclists.

Mikoto: Food taster. With her highly sensitive taste buds, she could definitely categorize which food passes as five-star quality.

Reito: A psychologist. Armed with his good looks, he is smart and he could help his patients recover from their current state.

Yukariko: A teacher for kids. She surely could handle them, with her gentleness and kindness.

Mai: Many have repeated that she could be a chef... but in my opinion, she could be a businesswoman. We have seen her juggle school, work and she took care of Takumi while she was younger. No doubt, she could manage business like it was a piece of pi.

Tate: Kendo coach. He may have stopped playing kendo, but that doesn't mean he can't help boys into kendo, right?

That's all for now.
The Fire Stirring Ruby
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Bubuzuke points : 2486
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:02 pm

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:Alyssa: A young singing sensation.

Ah-you know what? Forget it. The world is already full of Justin Bieber jokes. Akira Okuzaki

Chie: A reporter. She'll most likely talk about the latest (and the juiciest) scoops in the show business industry.

Oh my goodness, I can definitely see Chie getting up close and personal for the best dirt in news and celebrity life. All while she wears a low cut dress and asks questions in a deeper voice than her teen years. *swoons then melts into a puddle of hearts*

GRANDE CHIE <----- Perfection.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down