Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome?

5 posters

Go down

Preferred anime: HiME or Otome?

hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? Vote_lcap263%hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? Vote_lcap237%hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? Empty Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome?

Post by Dead.And.Alive Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Wow, I'm surprised nobody thought of this thread...it seemed pretty fitting considering it's for both the Mai series...

So I got this little idea while discussing with Luu. What is your preferred out of HiME or Otome and why (of course you could do why not as well...I'll most likely do that later though)?

My answer is Mai HiME. Obviously I seem to be in that area more than Otome and here's why.
First off, as Luu finally made me realize, it's simply more realistic and I don't mean because people don't have robes but we have CHiLDs (would it be CHiLDs...difficulties with the plural version @_@). Just how the characters responded to their current position on things and of those things whether it was positive or a predicament they were in. Some, just about half of the characters, had a past situation or present they couldn't let go and that's how I think things go. Moving on simply isn't an action most can easily do. Obvious examples would be Nao's hatred towards men (and really people in general...) Natsuki not being able to trust anyone and Shizuru not being able to let Natsuki go. Also, I'm not going to lie, but even if Mai is not my favorite character she went throught her own hell and back. Sure, not everyone could go through with as much as she did and just show empty smiles like she did until her outburst but obviously it's happened to many. Overall, I love the characters more than the anime but my voice remains HiME.
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2291
Armitage GUTS!!! : 261

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome? Empty Re: Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome?

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:06 am

HiME Shiho Huit
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:18 am

Hime for these reasons; Shiznat, summoned monsters, shiznat, very little Arika, shiznat, NO MANshiro!, shiznat, no unfortunate implications regarding nano machines, shiznat, EXA, shiznat, anime is superior to the manga, and of course.

NO MANSHIRO! That's the most important reason if only because both hime and technically otome have shiznat.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 am

Nymphetamine wrote:HiME Shiho Huit
You really should put why, Nymph. =P

Magus Phantalus wrote:Hime for these reasons; Shiznat, summoned monsters, shiznat, very little Arika, shiznat, NO MANshiro!, shiznat, no unfortunate implications regarding nano machines, shiznat, EXA, shiznat, anime is superior to the manga, and of course.

NO MANSHIRO! That's the most important reason if only because both hime and technically otome have shiznat.
How forget little screen time for Arika and no anime over manga? It seems as though HiME is now going to forever remain my choice.
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:
You really should put why, Nymph. =P
I will later when I'm not so busy with the MM tumblr blog Razz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 am

Nymphetamine wrote:I will later when I'm not so busy with the MM tumblr blog Razz
Fair enough, you could get lost in a place like tumblr.
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:
Nymphetamine wrote:I will later when I'm not so busy with the MM tumblr blog Razz
Fair enough, you could get lost in a place like tumblr.
Natsuki Kruger2

Ok, time for me to explain. It's more of a reason why I don't like Otome: I think it's because that after I finished Mai-HiME, I was so eager, and I had high hopes (and high expectations), and when I saw Mai-Otome, I was disappointed, because I was expecting something a bit different, and expecting something so highly can really kill the mood from something you look forward to Nina Wang
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Ok, time for me to explain. It's more of a reason why I don't like Otome: I think it's because that after I finished Mai-HiME, I was so eager, and I had high hopes (and high expectations), and when I saw Mai-Otome, I was disappointed, because I was expecting something a bit different, and expecting something so highly can really kill the mood from something you look forward to Nina Wang
So very true. Mai HiME was far more of a better anime than Otome. Not only that but I barely got through the series...
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Mai-Otome. When you get right down to it, it's a more creative, visual universe with a large backstory that hasn't been covered yet. There's so much to discover with Mai-Otome. You have a more traditional protagonist in Arika, who is very sure of what she wants. You have the antagonist in Nina Wang who was corrupt by the main antagonist in Grand Duke Nagi, drawing elements from Star Wars. The entire history leading up to the events of the anime are stellar, including two major wars and the biggest tragedies in Windbloom's history occurring in one night. The one night that would also have the surviving child (Arika) one day leading the kingdom and it's planet to salvation and peace. So it also draws from the tale of Moses.

Underneath the fanservice which Sunrise was known for, is a vast world with it's own unique mythos and characters. A world where politics do play a role, but it isn't forced down your throat and actually has meaning unlike the Star Wars prequels. The Otome themselves are weapons of mass destruction. They can be good or evil, depending on who controls them. Arika learned this first hand after seeing Nina go ballistic and seeing Fiar Grosse causing destruction. This goes for the Kings and Presidents who have Otome of their own. This is how bratty Mashiro and super optimistic Arika made that transition into stronger people. Whether you liked them or not, they received fantastic character development that made HiME-verse Mai Tokiha look one-dimensional.

Then there's it's scope, Mai-Otome is a visual masterpiece from all angles. The art is beautiful, the shots are very impressive and the series was blessed by having seven beautifully animated OVAs. All showcasing Mai-Otome's vast world and intense battle sequences. Mai-HiME may have the advantage in the story department for me (once the Carnival arc hits), but that's it. The series feels so small compared to Otome, there's no scope to HiME looking back on it. There's no doubt that Mai-HiME handled everything in realistic fashion and I still say ShizNat is superior in HiME, but Otome was no slouch either. Arika, Mashiro, Nina, and even Erstin were very human characters with issues of their own. All struggling to find tranquility in a world on the brink of war. And just like in the Carnival arc, things go wrong and the world isn't sunshine and rainbows as one thought. It's a slap in the face to Arika to find out the Otome aren't perfect, but did that send her spiraling into madness? No. She stood strong against the grim reality and kept her optimism in tact. It's a classic zero to hero tale done beautifully, taking the richest elements of past fictional works and creating something that went above and beyond.

Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome are both equally good though, I just can't fault Mai-Otome for not being a follow up or being too different. Sure, I'd like a direct sequel to HiME or just the movie Sunrise trolled us with, but Otome gave us something new, fresh and overall better. I don't like getting the same shit I ordered last time like the dumb masses who dine at McDonalds. *_* Oh man, thinking of Micky Ds made me throw up in my own stomach.

I will admit this: I'd like to see Mai-HiME get one last hurrah. Not just as a feature film, but also as a series to wrap up loose ends, ShizNat and the bridge leading to Mai-Otome. Now that the HiME are a team again, Sunrise would be smart to give them a few more adventures. To justify why they aren't in Mai-Otome and why Mikoto is the sole survivor (not counting Miyu. She's an easy bake oven).
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Although I didn't like Otome, I admit the show had some funny moments that made me chuckle :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Although I didn't like Otome, I admit the show had some funny moments that made me chuckle :)

All of them having to do with ShizNat, Anh Lu, Zhang, Tomoe and Nina, right?

Did I mention Juliet Nao Zhang is superior to Nao Yuuki? Well it's true. Bitch is sexay~

Zhang >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nao lick
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 am

More like ShizAki Akira Okuzaki Along with NatNao and HaruNat Natsuki Kuga

But compared to both shows, HiME, of course, made me laugh my ass off a few times Shiho Huit
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

Sadly I will never like otome as much as I do Hime. Even though MANshiro only appears in the manga he nearly ruined BOTH hime and otome for me. When ever I think of the word otome I think of how much stronger he is when compared to any other otome except maybe anime Lena and even then I don't know who is stronger. It it pisses me off.

Yes I have a hard time letting things go it's one of the reasons I am prone to depression.

Besides I think Hime handled the drama far beater than Otome I was far more emotionally invested in the hime than the otome even before I knew of he who shall not be named... even though I did just name him.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Haha, luckily I don't let the Mai-Otome manga speak for me. Though it's not as bad as Mag says, it's pure fanservice from start to finish. The anime is much better in every way, sans the artwork by Kenetsu Sato.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:41 pm

HiME is the reason Otome exists, in essence it wins by default
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down