Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs a Mai-HiME/Otome Character Would Sing (for Themselves or to Someone Else)

+14
mandygirl78
Kiros Razer
PostoronnimV
hildebrant
Bluholic711
GAP
Wolf-of-Wind
Kuga Natsuki
Haru-chan
Grawrr
Luu Sky Sapphire
Dead.And.Alive
*BlackRose*
Syralind
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

hime - Songs a Mai-HiME/Otome Character Would Sing (for Themselves or to Someone Else) - Page 3 Empty Re: Songs a Mai-HiME/Otome Character Would Sing (for Themselves or to Someone Else)

Post by Syralind Sat May 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Shizuru to Natsuki... or, Natsuki to Shizuru ^^

Sarah McLachlan's Possession

Also, I'm *considering* buying the Mai-Otome dvd collection, should I?
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 146
Armitage GUTS!!! : 40

Back to top Go down

hime - Songs a Mai-HiME/Otome Character Would Sing (for Themselves or to Someone Else) - Page 3 Empty Re: Songs a Mai-HiME/Otome Character Would Sing (for Themselves or to Someone Else)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Syralind wrote:Shizuru to Natsuki... or, Natsuki to Shizuru ^^

Sarah McLachlan's Possession

Also, I'm *considering* buying the Mai-Otome dvd collection, should I?

I love Sarah McLachlan, her voice is amazing. As for the Mai-Otome collection, I highly recommend it. Even if you prefer Mai-HiME over it, it's worth having. Broaden your horizons. Wink

---

Shania Twain - The Woman in me

This song fits for either Shizuru or Natsuki. Heck, it could also work for Arika x Mashiro and Haruka x Yukino. Each of these girls had a sense of independence to achieve their goals and/or live their lives THEIR way. That is until they met the one person who made their lives better, gave them a new purpose. There's nothing more special than someone who makes you feel like you can do anything. Just replace all "man" lyrics with "woman" and boom, we're set! X3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Sun May 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I love Sarah McLachlan, her voice is amazing. As for the Mai-Otome collection, I highly recommend it. Even if you prefer Mai-HiME over it, it's worth having. Broaden your horizons. Wink

Yeah my partner loves her. I do prefer Mai-HiME over Mai-Otome personally - the only reason I'd get the collection is for more Shizuru Shizuru Kaichou So maybe I'll take a look :)

---

Just replace all "man" lyrics with "woman" and boom, we're set! X3

HA! X3
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 20, 2013 12:14 am

Syralind wrote:Yeah my partner loves her. I do prefer Mai-HiME over Mai-Otome personally - the only reason I'd get the collection is for more Shizuru Shizuru Kaichou So maybe I'll take a look :)

Razz That's cool too. There are plenty of ShizNat moments scattered throughout Mai-Otome and there's no shortage of Shizuru either. Just be prepared to tolerate Arika, Nina and Mashiro a lot. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm

This legendary song would be something Natsuki could sing Natsuki Kruger2

Mikoto Minagi
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Michelle Branch's "Are you Happy Now" would be appropriate for Tomoe's feelings for Shizuru post Mai-Otome episode 25. Yes, Tomoe was a psychopath, but she was lied to and played by Shizuru Viola. If Tomoe could look her in the eyes now, this is what she would say. tomoe2

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 pm

From Natsuki to Shizuru - think it's fits quite well when you think about what Natsuki's thoughts would be when she goes back and confronts Shizuru ^^

Lovesong by The Cure

Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Joss Stone - Spoiled

Because Elliot Chandler from Mai-Otome Sifr was mentioned on another thread, 'Spoiled' by Joss Stone immediately came to mind. This song is about a girl and boyfriend breaking up, and the girl just not being able to get over him. She has been 'spoiled' by his love, because it seems that nobody will ever be able to live up to him. Same applies with Rena Sayers and Elliot. In the first episode of Sifr, it's implied that these two were an item (or at very least, friends with benefits) and Eli-chin's been heavily spoiled by Rena's love and she can't get enough of her, despite Rena moving on from their sex times.

No matter, I still set sail with this ship. ElliotxLena
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 am

I can see Shizuru singing this to Natsuki maybe after a few months of dating ;P ('Mama' of course being proverbial).
Several fanart ideas came into my head with this song - a couple with the lyrics "I'll be your best friend. I'll be your lover." :D Too bad I can't draw lol.

I Ain't Your Mama by Maggie Rose

Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face

I believe the song tells about two people who are meant for each other and all the lives they have lived together. It seems that no matter how many chances they get to be together and to be happy something always goes wrong.

Perfect song for the chemistry between Tate Yuuichi and Mai Tokiha. Their feelings are always interrupted by some ordeal, mainly the whole HiME thing.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face

I believe the song tells about two people who are meant for each other and all the lives they have lived together. It seems that no matter how many chances they get to be together and to be happy something always goes wrong.

Perfect song for the chemistry between Tate Yuuichi and Mai Tokiha. Their feelings are always interrupted by some ordeal, mainly the whole HiME thing.

You know Luu I was going to disagree with you and say that it sounds a bit more like something Natsuki would sing to Nao or Shizuru but, yeah the last lyrics sound like Mai's shouting to Tate as he's dying.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:45 am

Natsuki to Shizuru... or Shizuru to Natsuki:

Nymphetamine wrote:This legendary song would be something Natsuki could sing Natsuki Kruger2

Mikoto Minagi
Omg, this song so fits for Natsuki=)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:57 am

I also have another Queen song for Natsuki...

Natsuki Kruger2
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:52 am

I think this song fits Natsuki and her feelings in episodes 24-25
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 am

Just about any character can relate to this:

Shizuru x Natsuki

GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Consider this long.

Every breath you take by the police (Shizuru towards Natsuki)
^ The song is about a stalker but oddly it gets played at weddings and funerals. O.o;

Kiss me deadly by: Lita Ford (For Natsuki if used in Fanfic for Shiznat)

Don't know what you got til it's gone by: Cinderella (Mai x Tate, fan fic with whomever if it involves break up or death)

Some E Nomine songs like Vater Unser, Mitternacht would be good for someone.

Freak on a leash by: KoRn (Mikoto under control of the obsidian lord)

Themes for characters:

Here I go again by: Whitesnake (Natsuki)

Just dance by: Lady Gaga (Mai)

MachineHead by: Bush (Miyu)

It's my life by No doubt (Nao)

Bullet with Butterfly Wings By:  The Smashing Pumpkins (Mikoto)

Crimson and Clover by: Joan Jett (Cover) (Shizuru)
(^ I still laugh when I see the picture of her spinning the negi, and levan Polkka by: Loituma in the background. Razz)

The world is not enough by: Garbage (Yukariko)

Dreams by: The Cranberries (Yukino)

Because the night by: Patti Smith (Akane)

I want it all by: Queen (Midori)

Angels Crying by: E-Type (Fumi)

Here comes the rain again By: The Eurythmics (Akira)

Beautiful Life by Ace of Base (Alyssa)

Used to love her by: Guns n Roses (Shiho)

Spoiler:

Yeah, I could see Tate singing it to her. Lol
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:13 am

I think this applies to the entire Mai series cast.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Silence by Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan

This song totally makes me think of both Natsuki and Nao.
I actually drew a lot from this song long ago for the 2nd chapter of my fic :)
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Diary (Hani Mix) by Alicia Keys ft. Tony! Toni! Tone!

I can't help but think of Shizuru when I hear this song - how she probably tried so many times to get Natsuki to trust her after first meeting.

Spoiler:
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:37 am

Demi Lovato's Heart Attack for Shizuru Fujino.

The song tells about a girl who has confidence getting guys she isn't that interested in. However when it comes to guys she's incredibly invested in (falling in love) then all her confidence goes away as she doesn't know how to handle potentials she sees of high value. Now replace all guys with girls for Shizuru. She has the girls of Fuuka in the palm of her hand, but none of them are really relationship material for her. Shizuru's eyes are only set on Natsuki, but sharing her true feelings isn't going to be easy for her. Unless of course you have a Haruka and Yukino to force those feelings out of you for Natsuki to see. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Tate:
To himself:
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
Get Away by Earshot
The whole World is after Me by Saliva

To Shiho or Mai:
What do I have to do by Stabbing Westward
Terrible Lie by NIN

Reito:
When you're Evil by Voltaire

Natsuki:

To Shizuru:
Spin by Revis

Shizuru

To Natsuki:
Song to Siren by This Mortal Coil

Shiho:

To Yuuichi:
Waterfall by Sweetbox
Vow by Garbage

Mai:

To Whomever it is they paired her up with:
Clarity by Zedd

Nagi:

To Reito:
Damien by DMX

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 am

Looking For Love by Johnny Lee - Shiho
Chickenhead by Project Pat feat. Lachat and Three Six Mafia - Tate to Shiho
Walking Contradiction by Green Day - Yukariko and Shizuru duet.
King of Pain by the Police - Reito to everybody in Fuuka Acadamy
Closet Freak by Cee Lo - Natsuki to all the *questionable* girls in Fuuka Academy
mandygirl78
mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 am

I got another song! I think this song would match when Natsuki, Mai, etc were kids, probably around the time when they lost their innocence at such a young age :(

Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 am

Akira Okuzaki BUMP

Found a great song, for Shizuru to sing to Natsuki :)

The 3rd And The Mortal cover

Shizuru Kaichou : *gross sobbing*~
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:04 am

Robert Tepper's "No Easy Way Out" would be perfect for Arika Yumemiya following
Spoiler:
Not to mention having mixed feelings about Nina and her
Spoiler:

I used the original video for the song rather than the awesome Rocky IV montage. XD Everyone does that! I don't want it to be known as "that Rocky IV song." Besides I'm picturing a low morale Arika thinking back on the good times with Nina and Erstin and wondering what she should do next.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next