Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsuki the true saviour.

3 posters

Go down

natsuki - Natsuki the true saviour.  Empty Natsuki the true saviour.

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm

natsuki - Natsuki the true saviour.  PDVD_047

By the title one would assume I'm shiping Natsuki Kuga and turning it into a cult (Kugaism).

But really, this just came to my mind the other night.
Even if everything she was doing was to just stop the 1st District and avenge her mother, Natsuki really was a true saviour.

She went all the way to Fuuka and enroled into the school to get information.
She tried to avoid all the possible candidates for Hime to gather there (even if her methods were a bit brutal).
She rescued Akane and gave her the assistance she needed after she lost Kazuya and was in a poor mental state.
She was risking her life every single damn time when trying to stop the 1st D.
She was trying to avoid conflict between the Hime.
She even saved Nao after she tried to kill her!!

And did someone in the series gave her the credit the deserved?! HELL NO!! All the credit went to Mai just 'cause she got the most powerful ChilD. That's simply not fair. Damn it Sunrise!!
Thankfully, just like Shizuru, we fans recognize the coolness and badassery of Kuga.

Really, the rest of the Hime were very ungrateful to Natsuki for all she tried to do.

What are your thoughts regarding this matter?
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Natsuki the true saviour.  Empty Re: Natsuki the true saviour.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:06 pm

:'3 Mai didn't just have the most powerful CHILD, she has the powerful Element in general. She was chosen to become Kagutsuchi's master for a reason beyond our understanding. I'm telling you, Reito/Obsidian Lord is only keen on Kagu-users, so it's only natural that Mai is hailed as a savior for all the HiME.

Then we have Natsuki Kuga. Perhaps not the true SAVIOR, but the true MAIN CHARACTER. Let's face it, Kuga was involved in everything from Saeko's death to the finale of Mai-HiME Episode 26. This included the following:

Saeko death which involved First District
Natsuki no Prelude
Fighting Mikoto BEFORE episode 1
Fighting Mikoto and running into Mai in episode 1
Constantly spies on First District
Constantly spies on the SEARRS Foundation.
Was present for the entire Orphan arc, including the discovery of Alyssa's underground base.
Battled the SEARRS Foundation.
Obtains vast amount of information from Nagi, Sakomizu and Yamada.
Got herself involved in the Mai vs. Mikoto debacle
Got herself involved with Shizuru and Nao's feud.
Was present for the death of Haruka Suzushiro
Constantly checks on Akane's condition following her defeat.
Interfered with the Mai vs. Shiho fight
Battled Shizuru.
Revived with Shizuru and helped defeat the Obsidian Lord.
Involved in both Natsuki no Prelude's ending that took place AFTER the series and the Kuro no Mai OVA.

What a laundry list, and I probably left some out for all I know. Point is, Natsuki is the true main character in the series. You could argue Mai saved the day and was heavily involved with the Orphans and the Carnival herself, which is true. At the end of the day, Natsuki was there for everything and helped end the HiME Carnivals forever. That makes her a savior in my eyes, even if Mai stole that title with her superior abilities.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree that Natsuki is the true saviour. She is a true hero, and a hero that I am glad made it into the series. She is a wonderful character and a valiant guardian.

Mai had herself killed twice to save all of Fuuka. People she didn't know, people who didn't know her, people she didn't like. And she wasn't killed in a pretty manner either. First she was basically evaporated with a space laser, then she went into SPACE where she probably suffocated to death and had her BLOOD BOILED if she was not blown up first.

However, I'll digress. Natsuki and Mai are both saviours in their own right. Natsuki saved many of her friends and fellow students while Mai saved the entire island/community of Fuuka. I mean not to make it into a pissing contest.

BUT, even IF Mai was destined to wield Kagutsuchi, does it make her efforts any less? Her undeniably excruciating deaths any less? No, it doesn't. And just because Natsuki wields Duran doesn't make her any less. Natsuki undoubtedly risked her life on multiple occasions to save her fellow HiME and the lives of others. Abilities manner not. What you DO with them does. Natsuki and Mai used their abilities to the best they could and they both saved many lives.

Mai has higher level powers than Natsuki, but Natsuki still uses her abilities to her best. So essentially, it's like comparing Superman and Batman. Superman may have powers, but that doesn't mean Batman is any lower down than him.

Furthermore, if you ask me, there is no "true" saviour in the HiME series. Every HiME is a hero in their own right and no one is better than the next girl.

In short, heroes/saviours/whatever you want to call them should not be compared. Heroes are heroes.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 819
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Mai has higher level powers than Natsuki, but Natsuki still uses her abilities to her best. So essentially, it's like comparing Superman and Batman. Superman may have powers, but that doesn't mean Batman is any lower down than him.

In terms of the heroes stance you've taken, yes. They both follow the same principals and should be hailed accordingly like Mai and Nasuki. In terms of who's generally better, that's up for debate. Personally I think it's pointless to argue them since DC Comics makes things up as they go along with zero consistency to their poster boy mythos. Sunrise doesn't suffer this problem...much. Mai is technically superior to Natsuki in my eyes, but we have seen Natsuki display a wide range of capabilities that I can't see Mai pulling off.

Both girls go hand in hand here when you, again, include what they DO with those abilities. In episode 9, Natsuki would of put the security guard in a coma if it weren't for Mai. Many episodes later, Mai would of probably done something more drastic over Tate's demise if Natsuki didn't comfort her. Heroes are there for each other and I can see where you're coming from.

MAI WAS NOT SPACE JESUS!!!
^Always wanted to say that.

To ShezNek: My point was just to interject that Natsuki could be considered main character quality for a toilet paper list of reasons. Enough to escape your dirty bathroom door.

I do pose one question for Kat:

Every HiME is a hero in their own right and no one is better than the next girl.

Without saying why she's better or worse than the next girl, please explain why Shizuru Fujino is a hero to you. Excluding the all-out HiME assault at the end. Forgive the slight off-topicness, ShezNek. This side question is under my authority. :'3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I do pose one question for Kat:

Every HiME is a hero in their own right and no one is better than the next girl.

Without saying why she's better or worse than the next girl, please explain why Shizuru Fujino is a hero to you. Excluding the all-out HiME assault at the end. Forgive the slight off-topicness, ShezNek. This side question is under my authority. :'3

Oh, goodness. You sure do know how to put me on the spot! XD; I do love a challenge.

Okay, so we're on the subject of Shizuru being a hero. Though it seems a bit underhanded, Shizuru got her spot into the Student Council with her popularity to assure supplying Natsuki with information that Natsuki used to save lives. She also stopped a rampaging Kagutsuchi with Kiyohime, which I am positive saved Mai and Natsuki, not to mention the school in the background. She herself saved lives, both with supplying Natsuki with an information feed and halting Kagutsuchi. I believe she also stopped Yukariko from being revealed as a HiME.

I do not like Shizuru Fujino, but that doesn't mean I don't recognise her good deeds. I'm just sad that SUNRISE played the "psychopathic lesbian in love" card with her. I would've loved to see Shizuru as an all-around guardian to her school.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Then how Shiho would be a hero??
Or Yukariko??
I can't really wrap that in my mind...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Then how Shiho would be a hero??
Or Yukariko??
I can't really wrap that in my mind...

Shiho protected Tate at one point.

Yukariko protected many students.
Cheshire Kat
Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down