Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here!

+2
depression76
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
6 posters

Go down

Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here! Empty Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here!

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Now, I'm not entirely sure if a topic has already been done for such a thing as this, but the topics could easily be merged if that is the case -- who is your favourite Japanese composer?!

Note: The composer is different from a musician (usually), they supply media companies with their music for the official soundtrack, unlike musicians whom usually only get one of their tracks to whichever credits for an animation.

E.g. Yuki Kajiura composed most of the soundtrack for the Xenosaga Series. Meanwhile, Emilie Autumn, a subculture musician had one of her tracks (Organ Grinder) in the OST for the European release of Saw III.

Personally, my favourite composers are going to be obvious for most people who know me due to my interests, however, I'll put them down anyhow.

Draft pointers;

- Who is your favourite?! This can easily be a list!

- What would your reaction be if these composers were to ever duet in composing for say -- an anime or game?

- If it was possible, what would you make them compose as a remake? E.g. Yuki Kajiura remixing the OST for the Utena series?!

- Your top three favourite tracks?

Personally, I have up to two favourite composers. I have a sub favourite also, who is Kalafina who has worked with Yuki Kajiura during the past (albums and certain productions, etc).

My other is ZUN; realistically however, these two can't rival one another at all, simply because they are entirely different from one another and use an utterly different style of composing to one another (ZUN is famous for MIDI whilst Yuki is of course centred within actual instruments and vocals.

Both are incredibly famous within different cultures.

Yuki Kajiura

1: The Battle of Your Soul (Xenosaga: Episode III)

2: 1 - M01+02 (Kara No Kyoukai)

3: Song of Storm and Fire (Tsubasa Chronicles)

ZUN

ZUN is one of those rare types of people -- he is famous for not only the composing of Touhou (and Seihou, the sister of Touhou), but also in creating almost the entire series of the game.

Unfortunately however, barely nothing is known of him due to him being so secretive (even during interviews for Touhou).

1: Extra Stage Theme: Last Remote (Touhou (XI): Subterranean Animism)

2: Elis' Theme: Magic Mirrior (Touhou (I): Highly Responsive To Prayers)

Ultimately Magic Mirrior is probably the most important track of the whole series - Reimu's theme (starts at 0:54 exactly) (Maiden's Capriccio ~ Lotus Land Story (IV) (PC98) // Imperishable Night (VIII) (Windows)) was inspired upon this track entirely for a portion of her theme (the importance is because Reimu is the most important character -- without her the structure of Touhou wouldn't exist).

3: Kanako's Theme: The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten (Touhou (X): Mountain of Faith)

It is obvious, but I'd adore seeing Yuki Kajiura and ZUN working together at some point, especially if it came to the point of Kajiura physically blending her own composing into a Touhou game - e.g. Zun gives the track, Kajiura remixes it.

Fortunately there has been a remix created in the fandom which comes distant to Kajiura's style.

Title: Native Face
Circle: FictionJunction CrossGear
Artist: Yuki Kajiura CrossGear
Original: Suwako's Theme: Native Faith (Mountain of Faith)

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here! Empty Re: Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here!

Post by depression76 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Wow, this is an interesting topic. Thanks for making this thread wolvy xD

I've been noticing anime (or Japan) composers in general since I first started watching them, but only began to search more about them just recently. So I have quite a few, but I'll just put down the ones I can recall from the top of my head.

Since Wolvy had Yuki Kajiura up there, I'll skip her xD

1. Yoko Kanno
First noticed her works from Escaflowne, Cardcaptor Sakura and Genesis of Aquarion.

2. Noriyasu Agematsu

He works with Mizuki Nana (my goddess xD) a lot, hence why I love his works so much.

3. Toshiro Yabuki
His works with Nana and Okui Masami [Utena - Rinbu Revolution] caught my ears.

I'll post moar later xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here! Empty Re: Your Favourite (Japanese) Music Composer? Say Here!

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:54 pm

You have posted two of my favorites already. :3
So I'll go with others.

Nobuo Uematsu.
I fell in love with his music since Final Fantasy VII, but the one that really caught me were his scores for FF VIII.
It's simply amazing what he did for the FF Saga.

Kenji Kawai.
I absolutely loved his work in Fate/Stay Night, it's just amazing. And even though I have not watched Avalon, it's OST it's breathtaking.

Kubota Nami.
She did the scores for Kaleido Star AND Kannazuki no Miko. I'm amazed at how the style can change so much from one series to another.

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Susumu Hirasawa. The main composer of Berserk. Yeah its predictable of me but the man does some amazing stuff. Some of his best works include:

Forces: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI

Gatsu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

Aria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOliVhbBo8

Sign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130

And for those who think I'm only going to mention his Berserk work,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XjTpm9coJA
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Since I love music, I like Yuki Kajirua first, Nobuo Uematsu,Yoko Kanno of the ones mentioned but I like J. A. Seazer, Shinkichi Mitsumune (composed revolutionary girl utena), Takanori Arisawa (who composed sailor moon),I was going to add more but I don't think I want to be here all night.:lol: 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 am

Yuki Kajiura ever since hearing Salva Nos from Noir

Nobuo Uematsu who composed the music for the Final Fantasy series. Most notably, the one for Final Fantasy VIII. Song below is the battle music when playing the Laguna scenario. I enjoy it very much! :)

Hirano Yoshihisa for the music in SP!

There are more, but these ones came to mind first. :)
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:48 am

franticfranz wrote:Yuki Kajiura ever since hearing Salva Nos from Noir

Nobuo Uematsu who composed the music for the Final Fantasy series. Most notably, the one for Final Fantasy VIII. Song below is the battle music when playing the Laguna scenario. I enjoy it very much! :)

Hirano Yoshihisa for the music in SP!

There are more, but these ones came to mind first. :)
I'm a big time Noir fan and Final Fantasy, loved the music. Noir is my favorite anime and I love playing Final Fantasy games, liked Strawberry panic but then again I like yuri. but so much good music in anime and games.we got much in common.:D 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down