Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could (re)dub an anime character

+5
SulliMike23
NFKuga
Dead.And.Alive
Luu Sky Sapphire
Kuga Natsuki
9 posters

Go down

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Empty If you could (re)dub an anime character

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Which anime character would you like to dub/redub? Any specific character you feel personal connections to? Any character with the best lines? Whom and why? Discuss here!

I'll share my thoughts later :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Empty Re: If you could (re)dub an anime character

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Redub? That's a tough one, I have a lot of characters in mind. To have this thread drag out, I'll do one at a time. Starting with the top of the heap:

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character 7-110

Usagi Tsukino aka The Legendary Sailor Moon has been voiced by several different English voice actresses. None of them perfect. If FUNimation were smart, they'd cast Laura Bailey as Sailor Moon in a heart beat:

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Actor_10

She has perfect range and the right pitch for Usagi. This would make an excellent addition to her career, voicing the greatest of all time. Usagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Empty Re: If you could (re)dub an anime character

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 pm

I wholeheartedly agree :3 But I was talking about YOU. Just YOU. Which character would YOU like to dub/redub? Which character would YOU like to voice, if there was an opportunity?
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 am

Nymphetamine wrote:I wholeheartedly agree :3 But I was talking about YOU. Just YOU. Which character would YOU like to dub/redub? Which character would YOU like to voice, if there was an opportunity?

O_O; Oh.

To be honest, I can't think of a single character. My voice isn't really suited for seiyuu work. *laughs nervously*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 am

BlackStar from Soul Eater, Shizuru...SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE A SOUTHERN ACCENT DX
Lil from Egro Proxy. Those are like 3 I remember at the moment and since I'm too lazy to say/think about the rest I'll leave it at that ;D
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2291
Armitage GUTS!!! : 261

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am

Shizuru, eh? In that case, if I could redub any character, it'd totally be Natsuki, since she's basically my twin o_o Like 90% o_o I'd love to dub an anime character who has a similar life like mine.

D.A.A, just don't rape me in my sleep, darling... character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Wthplz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Shizuru, eh? In that case, if I could redub any character, it'd totally be Natsuki, since she's basically my twin o_o Like 90% o_o I'd love to dub an anime character who has a similar life like mine.

D.A.A, just don't rape me in my sleep, darling... character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Wthplz

I assure you I haven't and will not .__.
Maybe... >_>
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 pm

character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Wthplz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:BlackStar from Soul Eater, Shizuru...SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE A SOUTHERN ACCENT DX
Lil from Egro Proxy. Those are like 3 I remember at the moment and since I'm too lazy to say/think about the rest I'll leave it at that ;D

BlackStar?! Screw that! Although Medusa was perfect in the dub, I'd love to hear your rendition! *huge Medusa fan*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:character - If you could (re)dub an anime character Wthplz

I promise I haven't ;D
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Dead.And.Alive wrote:BlackStar from Soul Eater, Shizuru...SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE A SOUTHERN ACCENT DX

BlackStar?! Screw that! Although Medusa was perfect in the dub, I'd love to hear your rendition! *huge Medusa fan*

I agree Medusa was amazing o_o
But, yeah, BlackStar. I'm sorry but his voice annoys the hell outta me! D:<
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Back to top Go down

Post by NFKuga Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh god this thread...

Labrys from Persona 4 Arena. Yes this a video game but they DID make a Persona anime >.>

Why, you ask? Go youtube a video of Labrys calling out taunts in P4A. Go ahead, I'll wait.

...good? Now you know why! Who in the hell thought it was ok to give a humanoid girl a Pink Ladies accent from the movie Grease?! Who I ask you?! If Labrys yelled "Watch ya feet!" one more time in her irritating, exaggerated New York accent I was going to throw my PS3 out my window.
NFKuga
NFKuga
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 111
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Oooh that's a good question. To be honest there are quite a few anime. Characters who's voices I would love to have replaced with better actors
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

NFKuga wrote:Oh god this thread...

Labrys from Persona 4 Arena. Yes this a video game but they DID make a Persona anime >.>

Why, you ask? Go youtube a video of Labrys calling out taunts in P4A. Go ahead, I'll wait.

...good? Now you know why! Who in the hell thought it was ok to give a humanoid girl a Pink Ladies accent from the movie Grease?! Who I ask you?! If Labrys yelled "Watch ya feet!" one more time in her irritating, exaggerated New York accent I was going to throw my PS3 out my window.

Unrelated, but am I the only one who didn't like Persona 4 that much? O-o;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:16 pm

I'd redub shiho to make her voice sound like Rena's
Kiyohime8
Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:I'd redub shiho to make her voice sound like Rena's

Why?! I thought Leda Davies voiced a great Shiho Munakata and especially Shiho Huit (MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI!). She was annoying and batshit ex-girlfriend type of insane. Bandai missed the mark on a lot of things, but not her!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Honestly, it'd be a little tough since I have a very heavy Asian accent. Just ask Kuga right there, she had heard me talk over Skype before. xD

But for the sake of fun, I'd like to re-dub characters that speak coldly or in monotone.
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am

But when she calls everyone in the area a liar it would sound much better with Rena's seiyuu
Kiyohime8
Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:53 pm

franticfranz wrote:Honestly, it'd be a little tough since I have a very heavy Asian accent. Just ask Kuga right there, she had heard me talk over Skype before. xD

But for the sake of fun, I'd like to re-dub characters that speak coldly or in monotone.

I want to hear you someday, Franny! You probably sound like Natsuki Kuga or Akemi Homura. GUARANTEE! Gakuenchou

Kiyohime8 wrote:But when she calls everyone in the area a liar it would sound much better with Rena's seiyuu

But Lena-sama's VA is too cougar to voice Shiho, who is essentially jail bait! XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
franticfranz wrote:Honestly, it'd be a little tough since I have a very heavy Asian accent. Just ask Kuga right there, she had heard me talk over Skype before. xD

I want to hear you someday, Franny! You probably sound like Natsuki Kuga or Akemi Homura. GUARANTEE!  Gakuenchou

Haha. Maybe, Luu-san. :D
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:48 pm

franticfranz wrote:

Haha. Maybe, Luu-san. :D

Hug Come, come now, Franny. Don't be bashful. ellen
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:57 pm

I'd redub Princess Ayeka Jurai from Tenchi Muyo because she sounds like an old hag.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:I'd redub Princess Ayeka Jurai from Tenchi Muyo because she sounds like an old hag.

Korra chibi GRANDE CHIE

THIS!

Ayeka sounds horrible in the Tenchi dub. Just listen to all her parts in this scene....good God, it's AWFUL:

Ryoko sounds pretty good, though. XD Guilty pleasure on my part since the voice actress ad-libbed a lot of her lines.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 am

Just rhyming off my hat, I would say that Lisa Ortiz should have remained the voice of Lina Inverse from Slayers throughout the Movies/OVAs, and newer seasons. She has one of the greatest female voices in the Dubbed for especially that character. :3

Sakura Kinomoto's voice-dub from Cardcaptor Sakura should have been redone, but from what I've heard, this is in the making of happening, like it was for the Canadian 90's Sailor Moon Dub.

Back then Dubbed anime really had a bad habit of losing the original Dub voices for some of their main characters. This happened in everything from Ranma, to Sailor Moon (90's) to Slayers (If I recall Zelgadis's as well as Lina's Dub-voice eventually changes.) There's were many others, too. But I can't remember ATM! XD
ShadowMikoto
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 537
Armitage GUTS!!! : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down