Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME

+3
SpiralDasher
CaptainVonCookie
Kuga Natsuki
7 posters

Go down

My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME Empty My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 am

My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME Vlcsna16

My friend was watching Mai-HiME, right? You know that when the last HiME stands, that HiME is supposed to be the wife of the Obsidian Prince? What if Mikoto was the winner of the carnival? Wouldn't she have to marry her own brother? O_o

Plot hole, incest, or both? Natsuki Kruger2

Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME Empty Re: My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:30 am

They were actually prepared for that. Mikoto knew what would happen and she was set on winning until Mai made up to her. Plus incest is not that big of a deal on anime. Somehow they always manage to have some!

Somehow they are fascinated with the incest theme! Loser older brother fawns over little sister. Creepy.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME Empty Re: My friends and I thought of something while on the topic of Mai-HiME

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:36 am

I thought Reito was going to command Mikoto to lose to Mai?

But if they had gone down the incest route... I probably would have dropped Mai Hime then and there. >_<
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:13 am

SpiralDasher wrote:But if they had gone down the incest route... I probably would have dropped Mai Hime then and there. >_<

Coming from a possible Candy Boy fan? ;p

It's not a plot hole if you think about it, Nymph. Obsidian Lord Reito allowed Mikoto and Mai to duel to the death, yet placed his high bets on Mai. SO many obvious signs (that could be disputed) that the Carnival was designed for Mai to win. There's just something about those Kagutsuchi users...but Mashiro lacked the talent that Mai has. /;_;/ ( . ) ( . )

If Mikoto won, then rules are rules aren't they? :3 Just don't expect me to watch the aftermath.

Reito: Bend over.

Mikoto: Yes, my brother.

Me: ...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:21 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

It's not a plot hole if you think about it, Nymph. Obsidian Lord Reito allowed Mikoto and Mai to duel to the death, yet placed his high bets on Mai. SO many obvious signs (that could be disputed) that the Carnival was designed for Mai to win. There's just something about those Kagutsuchi users...but Mashiro lacked the talent that Mai has. /;_;/ ( . ) ( . )

If Mikoto won, then rules are rules aren't they? :3 Just don't expect me to watch the aftermath.

Reito: Bend over.

Mikoto: Yes, my brother.

Me: ...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Oh god why?! That mental image is scarring T_T

Yeah, personally I think that Mai was always meant to win, if it seemed as if Mikoto was going to defeat Mai I think that the Obsidian Lord would have done something about it...if not, as has been said, I wouldn't have stuck around to witness the aftermath >.>;

...On a side note, I always had mixed feelings when watching Candy Boy...not sure whether to cringe or think it's cute D;

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:But if they had gone down the incest route... I probably would have dropped Mai Hime then and there. >_<

If you're talking about me you've got the wrong person. -shudders- I couldn't make it through even one episode of that series. >~< I've rambled about incest in anime before somewhere, most notably pertaining to Candy Boy.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

What you don't know it's that boobs are like a mana drive where Kagustsuchi gets all his power from. That's why Mashiro got like that. On the other hand, Mai had like an endless and infinite supply...

Now back to topic, I agree that Reito would have commanded Mikoto to loose to Mai, not after giving a bit of fight. The guy (as any other guy) can't pass up the idea of two girls fighting/wrestling each other.
I don't think he ever considered the idea of Mikoto winning over Mai.
And also maybe his plan was just for Mikoto to make Mai surrender, so his big bro would marry Mai and she'd be like the body guard. Reito had all intentions to bend the rules of the carnival after all.

BUT, if they indeed traveled down the incest road...that's something I would have blocked out of my mind and end the series there...just to look back and enjoy the Shizuru and Natsuki goodness.

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:If you're talking about me you've got the wrong person. -shudders- I couldn't make it through even one episode of that series. >~< I've rambled about incest in anime before somewhere, most notably pertaining to Candy Boy.

Yukino x Kanade

I can sympathize with that. Candy Boy was kind of boring anyway, the pacing was slower than molasses. Only yuri series that can pull off snail pacing is Maria-sama ga Miteru. Plus I'm not into incest love, but it all depends on how you look at it. :3

shezaei-neko wrote:The guy (as any other guy) can't pass up the idea of two girls fighting/wrestling each other.

NEITHER WOULD OTHER GIRLS!!! neko

In any case, Mikoto has been a path of destruction because it's what her big brother wishes. She's back stabbed friends and had Tate vanish into green sparkles. You'd think that would of been the last straw for Mai, but she kept believing Mikoto could be saved. Had Mai not opened up about her feelings, Mikoto would continue serving Reito. This Carnival represents HIS game, going according to HIS plan. Mikoto wanted to follow through on everything. Even the real Reito had a strong attraction to Mai, so there was fuel for the fire. No wonder they all picked on him in Kuro no Mai. ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Candyboy was not boring!!! (insert kamehame emoticon) It was a sweet story of two twins who love each other! ...No matter how disturbing it may seem in real life!

As long as they aren't underage like Mikoto, I say carry on.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:40 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Candyboy was not boring!!! (insert kamehame emoticon) It was a sweet story of two twins who love each other! ...No matter how disturbing it may seem in real life!

As long as they aren't underage like Mikoto, I say carry on.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; so I'll let you live. >:3

*nods* Touche. Anyone with a serious attraction to Mikoto is rockin' the cradle...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 pm

My, after reading you guys, 2 things come to mah mind, 1) Incest, ack no thanks! I'll just watch the ShizNat parts again (not that I mind that) and 2) If Reito actually had command Mikoto to lose doesn't that means he was going to disappeared like Tate and the others? Cuz he's Mikoto's MIP... wow Sunrise you really don't think that far XD
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Was Reito really Mikoto's MIP??
Wasn't that Mai?
Then that would have been a Shizuru and Natsuki situation all over again.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Was Reito really Mikoto's MIP??
Wasn't that Mai?

I believe he is, here's a video from de DVD that makes me think so (the first one):

Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Was Reito really Mikoto's MIP??
Wasn't that Mai?

I believe he is, here's a video from de DVD that makes me think so (the first one):

There's no doubt it was Reito the moment she "found" him at last. Fast forward to Episode 26, Mai Tokiha opens up about her feelings to Mikoto and possibly becomes Mikoto's new MIP?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Reito was Mikoto's MIP, I think. I mean she basically did everything Reito wanted, because she loved him dearly. And Mikoto being Mai's MIP, well Tate did come back to life, so wouldn't he still be Mai's MIP? Razz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:14 pm

But after Tate came back to life, it really didn't matter anymore the MIP thing, right?
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

I guess not XD Unless Miroku defeated Kagutsuchi around the same time Tate came to the rescue o_O
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Reito was Mikoto's MIP, I think. I mean she basically did everything Reito wanted, because she loved him dearly. And Mikoto being Mai's MIP, well Tate did come back to life, so wouldn't he still be Mai's MIP? Razz

True. Destroying Miroku should of killed Mai if she did become her MIP the moment she said the 'I love you' declaration. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:48 pm

But Miroku was destroyed after the HiME star was destroyed too, so Mikoto's MIP was safe either way...
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Well, yeah. This is all in theory, Krystal...
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:But Miroku was destroyed after the HiME star was destroyed too, so Mikoto's MIP was safe either way...

Now imagine if Mai/Kagutsuchi destroyed them in reverse order. *_*

Reito and Mai: OH SHIT, GREEN SPAR-huh? o.o *fives hours to later* WE'RE NOT DEAD! :'D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am

Sunrise is just full of mysteries, no? Razz
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Sunrise is just full of mysteries, no? Razz

Too many to wrap my head around. XD That's what makes the series better. You never know, answers to long pondered Mai-Series questions might be disappointing. Leaving it a mystery sort of leaves a long impression.

SEE? Saeko
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:54 pm

True, true. Sunrise is a big trolling company, in short Akira Okuzaki
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

It's a love-hate relationship with them. More love on my part though. Without them, we'd never see the beauty of ShizNat, Midori's Karaoke awesomeness or how sexy Nina can be when touched in a certain spot... Nina Wang
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down