Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga

3 posters

Go down

manga - Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga Empty Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 am

psyduck
After a good rest inside my pokeball I got out to bring you this manga recommendation.

Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami or Himegami (to short).
By Tamaki Nozomu.

manga - Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga Hakodate%2BYoujin%2BBuraichou%2BHimegami%2BFull

The plot goes something like this: During the Meiji Era there were some mysterious monsters lurking around. A young girl called Hyou fights them in the town she lives at using the sword technique taught by her master. But during one fight she was in a huge pinch until she was saved by a unique fighter that called herseld Himegami. At first Hyou doesn't completely trust Himegami, but as the story progresses they get along and they get to know more about their past and the mysteries hidden in town.

It's been a while since I read this one. But I can say that I really enjoyed it.
The art certainly was nice, even with the huge boobs that some of the characters have. But I've seen bigger so it really didn't matter to me. Maybe you will think that it falls on fanservice, but again, don't let that demotivate you.

I liked the idea that it was developed in the Meiji Era since I don't know many yuri stories set in that timeline. And what was best that it certainly is packed with action back and forth. And the was the story progresses with some twists is really good, also they used known some known characters and locations that give a nice touch to the story.
The characters were great! Their design and the part they take in the plot was nicely done.
My favorite was certainly Himegami. Her conviction and devotion were amazing. I really liked her.

Now, I must mention that this one is yuri but is very subtle with it. If you expect to see the characters kissing each one senseless or banging each other every time they can, then I must tell you that you won't find that kind of stuff here. It's more about the moments they get to spend with each other in a conflicting era.

My only complaint would be that almost at the very end, I think some things were rushed and maybe left unanswered or even incomplete. Nonetheless, it was not that bad, it was enjoyable.

With that said, this is a title you should check out. There are 5 volumes of it and have been translated already, so go and give it a try!!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

manga - Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga Empty Re: Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga

Post by ookamidesu Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I remember reading this too!!

Okay, so what did I think of this? Well, it was good enough for me to finish, but nothing really stood out much for me. And of course, I'm saying this after reading it once and not looking back since I read it. Which was a long time ago.

I remember monsters fighting... and trust issues? Well, I can tell you it's not exactly a fluffy yuri. There are sweet moments, but nothing I'd classify as fluff. The art is done well (I'm pretty sure it is... if it isn't, I doubt I would have finished it). And the story line? Good Enough.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

manga - Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga Empty Re: Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami manga

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 am

I remember this one. ^^ I've read it at least twice. The art is nice and the setting is truly interesting. I like the characters and it's a really good, action-packed story that I also recommend. X3
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down