Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be?

+9
Chaglette
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Jack
CaptainVonCookie
Zweifel Marguerite
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
IlliterateKoi
ookamidesu
Luu Sky Sapphire
13 posters

Go down

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Empty Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be?
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h22m08s215-1

---

Now we all know the story between Takeda Masashi and Natsuki Kuga. Everytime these two met, it always leads to a fanservice or "misunderstanding" comedy sequence. And while that's all well and good, some fans may actually see a connection between the the kendo man and the lone wolf. Observe the small hints that show Natsuki possible interest in the guy. I say Natsuki because we already know Takeda had the hots for Kuga:

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h16m54s145
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h17m01s210

^ Up here we see that Takeda trying extremely hard to start a conversation with the flustered Natsuki, due to her missing panties. I don't hate Takeda in the slightest, but for crying out loud, the guy is trying too hard and his awkwardness makes things worse. Technically, it is cute. Girls love awkwardness in a guy, but they expect some assertiveness as a follow up. ;p Just not TOO much assertiveness. To my amazement, Natsuki blushes at first sight of Takeda.

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h17m18s133
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h17m24s183

Takeda attempts to further the conversation at an obviously bad time for the Tsundere ice princess. Natsuki gets even more irritated, yet her blush intensifies? Does the thought of Takeda seeing her...cave...excite her or something?

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h19m37s232
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h19m21s73

Thar he blows!!!

---

Moving ahead to Mai-HiME Episode 9 where Takeda spots Natsuki changing out of her biker suit. This does not please Natsuki one bit and the blushing, once again, could just be embarrassment.

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h20m34s32
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h21m08s133
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h21m20s239

Natsuki could easily leave the area by, I dunno, running? She just stand there allowing Takeda to get a better look at her boobs. And just when you think things could get anymore obvious:

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h21m34s125

Takeda is on the verse of confessing his love for Natsuki, before the obvious happens. "I've always..." Always what? Natsuki may of had suspicious about Takeda's feelings for a long time now. Think about the Mai-HiME prequel "Natsuki no Prelude":

http://shiznat.webs.com/natsukinopreludeeng.htm

Towards the end, Natsuki finally receives a confession of love from Takeda, only to reject for someone else...

Shizuru Kaichou

Probably the only time I'll be referencing ShizNat here. The speculation doesn't end here though, it actually ties in with another discussion we've had in the past:

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t876-was-natsuki-kuga-really-a-lesbian-mai-hime

If Natsuki never really had a sexual preference like a lot of fans have speculated, then a physical attraction in Takeda might of been legit. In the very episode where Takeda saw Natsuki's....cave...she defends the guy when he is wrongly caught as the rumored panty thief. Natsuki could of insisted it was him, because I don't think an Orphan came to mind. Heck, even Shizuru Fujino took notice of Takeda's interest in Natsuki by assuming that Takeda visited the Student Council Room just to see her.

In my opinion, Takeda x Natsuki COULD have worked if Natsuki were a little more comfortable around men. Takeda in return, could of won Natsuki's heart if he were a little more concerned about her. Instead of asking how the weather is, why couldn't he work up the nerve to ask if she's feeling okay or if there's anything wrong. Like Shizuru said in the fourth omake, Natsuki opens up very slowly if you're reasonably persistent.

Now for the million dollar question people: Why do you think Takeda and Natsuki would/could work?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Empty Re: Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be?

Post by ookamidesu Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 am

I think Natsuki and Takeda would probably work out if Takeda was a lot less awkward about his object of affections. I mean, he's not really a bad guy and when he's not around Natsuki, he seems like a relatively serious guy, and I think Natsuki would like a guy that's serious. They'd most likely start off as friends, of course, because Natsuki is about as dense as a rock when it comes to romance. >.>;;

In any case, they'd start out as friends where Takeda and Natsuki actually get close and she will probably learn to rely on and trust him, even if it's just a little. Anyway, my point is... I don't know what my point is.

But they could probably work out like that. >.>;

*runs away*
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Empty Re: Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be?

Post by IlliterateKoi Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Does the thought of Takeda seeing her...cave...excite her or something?

LOL cave XD

As for why it could work...well, to me, the fact that every time Natsuki see's Takeda she blushes just makes it seem like she likes him. If you took some of his awkwardness away, and made Natsuki a little less hostile, it could work. As Dye said, they would almost certainly start out as friends, and after time (or maybe some alcohol lol) their relationship would change :3 Look at what happened with Shizuru, if she hadn't been Natsuki's best friend would Natsuki ever have considered a romantic relationship with her? I seriously doubt it.

And now I'm just thinking about that ShizuruXTakeda doujinshi >.<;;;
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Does the thought of Takeda seeing her...cave...excite her or something?

LOL cave XD

As for why it could work...well, to me, the fact that every time Natsuki see's Takeda she blushes just makes it seem like she likes him. If you took some of his awkwardness away, and made Natsuki a little less hostile, it could work. As Dye said, they would almost certainly start out as friends, and after time (or maybe some alcohol lol) their relationship would change :3 Look at what happened with Shizuru, if she hadn't been Natsuki's best friend would Natsuki ever have considered a romantic relationship with her? I seriously doubt it.

And now I'm just thinking about that ShizuruXTakeda doujinshi >.<;;;

There's a ShizuruXTakeda doujin?! Where?! O_O!
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 am

ookamidesu wrote:

There is indeed! I'll send you the link later if I can find it Razz
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:

There is indeed! I'll send you the link later if I can find it Razz

This in itself is another crack pairing that could be added to the forum list. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I don't have a doujinshi dedicated to Takeda x Natsuki, but there is a portion that focuses on Takeda making love to an uke Kuga in the woods. :3 How romantic and all too familiar...*ahem* ANYWAY, i'll share scans of that if anyone's interesting in STRAIGHTNESS. ;P
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:15 pm

I hate how much people abuse Takeda! Anyhow.

I think in reality, it should have been Takeda/Natsuki all along. As much as some people would hate it, everyone has to admit over how perfectly their personalities and traits mix together.

Hell, if I was a student at Fuuka I would've been friends with him almost instantaneously.

He is a person who is dedicated and willing to listen. But he gets so nervous and begins to panic when he has no control over a situation. I suspect that he hasn't been in a relationship yet, the reason for his personality when around Natsuki. He doesn't know what to do, so he wanders aimlessly both mentally and physically when thinking over things, a reason for his appearances out of nowhere during training.

I would much rather see him with Natsuki than the manipulating, clingy obsessions of ShizNatsu.

With TakeNatsu, it would start out steady and gradually become comfortable, like any loving relationship should be like. Not one where you need to use children to gain your supposed lovers attention.

Akira Okuzaki We need a Takeda emoticion.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 pm

I would much rather see him with Natsuki than the manipulating, clingy obsessions of ShizNatsu.
That.
I can just agree with this.Perfectly said.

I hate how much people abuse Takeda!
I think people have quite the hard time taking Takeda seriously, because Sunrise used him as a character for the comedy reliefs. That is really sad, because people just don't know how awesome Takeda can actually be. All that the guy lacks is a chance.
He is a supportive person (we can see it when we look at his conversations with Tate), he is determined and really persistent, he is always ready to work on himself (I mean - just look at all that kendo training). *sigh*
Seriously, Sunrise, let him have a decent conversation with Natsuki at least once.

:Akira Okuzaki: We need a Takeda emoticion.
Yes. *nods*
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 pm

I like Takeda! I also think he's perfect the way he is! Extremely awkward, with bad-timing and intended for comic relief. But, we also see the seriousness in the guy, his commitment to his responsabilities and a strong sense of loyalty! In my mind he finds happiness!! (and continues to get himself into hilarious bad situations)

Had things been diferent and Shizuru not in the picture as a 24/7 watchful stock-cof cof-guardian, I could see the two becoming friends and Natsuki warming up to the idea of being something more with such a good guy.

Now with that said... They'd be one hell of a boring couple! I find the idea of a lovable character that means well and hasn't got one ounce of not evil, but conflicting feelings, having everything turning out okay to be extremely boring. They'd function as a lovable couple with frequent funny mishaps, but all in all we'd win a lovable couple and lose a magnificent character.

Even Reito with Natsuki would be more interesting! One plotting and one avoiding the other!

And one more vote for the Takeda emoticon!

Last edited by CaptainVonCookie on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : completely forgot the main reason for commenting!!)
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 am

Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:
That.

I think people have quite the hard time taking Takeda seriously, because Sunrise used him as a character for the comedy reliefs. That is really sad, because people just don't know how awesome Takeda can actually be. All that the guy lacks is a chance.
He is a supportive person (we can see it when we look at his conversations with Tate), he is determined and really persistent, he is always ready to work on himself (I mean - just look at all that kendo training). *sigh*
Seriously, Sunrise, let him have a decent conversation with Natsuki at least once.

Yes. *nods*
Totally agree. Give Takeda another seven years and he will be a dangerous man with the lady's though. Almost every guy is a dork in high school.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 125
Armitage GUTS!!! : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemia Dai De Windbloom Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 am

They should try that.....the relationship thingy...but he will die soon if that happens. What about Shizzy? Yeah consider him dead
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 58
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

http://www.otakuzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I don't have a doujinshi dedicated to Takeda x Natsuki, but there is a portion that focuses on Takeda making love to an uke Kuga in the woods. :3 How romantic and all too familiar...*ahem* ANYWAY, i'll share scans of that if anyone's interesting in STRAIGHTNESS. ;P

Yes please! Mikoto Minagi
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Nemia Dai De Windbloom wrote:They should try that.....the relationship thingy...but he will die soon if that happens. What about Shizzy? Yeah consider him dead
Better than dying alone. Natsuki is worth it to Takeda.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 125
Armitage GUTS!!! : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf-of-Wind Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:07 am

Jack wrote:
Ivenetta-Zweifel wrote:
That.

Yes. *nods*
Totally agree. Give Takeda another seven years and he will be a dangerous man with the lady's though. Almost every guy is a dork in high school.

First off, I agree with Ivenetta-Zweifel.
Absolutely. I seems rather cruel of Sunrise to have Takeda throw his feelings for Natsuki out and into the open, and not even give the guy a sliver of hope.
And Takeda is definitely a comical relief character. Poor guy gets his arse kicked by Kuga because of it.

As for what Jack said... Yes, yes, and YES. Takeda will be a total lady-killer once he gets over that awkwardness. Why he's awkward in the first place, I don't know; I assume it's because he's never liked a girl as much as he likes Natsuki.
... Someone should write a fanfic about Natsuki running into Takeda a few years after Mai-HiME ends. Y'know, when he's less "awkward-tendo-club-captain Takeda" and more "have-to-keep-security-guards-with-me-at-all-times-because-the-ladies-can't-get-enough-of-me Takeda." Wink
Wolf-of-Wind
Wolf-of-Wind
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 78

http://winded-wolf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuki-chan Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
Now with that said... They'd be one hell of a boring couple! I find the idea of a lovable character that means well and hasn't got one ounce of not evil, but conflicting feelings, having everything turning out okay to be extremely boring. They'd function as a lovable couple with frequent funny mishaps, but all in all we'd win a lovable couple and lose a magnificent character.

I agree with this. Without the infamous couple that has more than half of the series' fanbase, Mai-Hime will just be another ordinary show. There are too many usual or common anime out there that has normal relationships, I don't think Takeda x Natsuki pairing would stand out. For me, Sunrise played their cards well by investing in yuri instead & created one of the most popular pairings in that genre.

Takeda is good, but not good enough for the character of Natsuki, imo.
Natsuki-chan
Natsuki-chan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 108
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

wow with a topic like this it almost makes me believe that there's hope for Takeda amongst the fanbase the way he is and not as another rage-a-hol addict or ultra violent loner like I'd prefer to see him as
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Natsuki gets even more irritated, yet her blush intensifies? Does the thought of Takeda seeing her...cave...excite her or something?
LOL... It had sent me into giggling fit! But if to be serious, I think all of this was just because of embarrassment... =))

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:In the very episode where Takeda saw Natsuki's....cave...she defends the guy when he is wrongly caught as the rumored panty thief. Natsuki could of insisted it was him, because I don't think an Orphan came to mind.
To be fair, Natsuki already knew by that time that the culprit was an Orphan, and Natsuki is not Nao, she does not enjoy the humiliation and sufferings of others. Plus, Shizuru also defended Takeda, so Shizuru obviously doesn't feel threatened enough by Takeda...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h20m34s32
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Vlcsnap-2012-06-19-22h21m08s133
Takeda's reaction shows that he isn't a gentleman, he is simple hormonal teenager. And he is in love not with Natsuki. He is in love with her beauty, because he never tried to know her, to befriend her.

And as a comparison, Reito's reaction, when he saw Mai's panties. Reito, unlike Takeda, is a gentleman!
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Prince11
Takeda x Natsuki: The heterosexual couple that wasn't to be? Prince12

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Now for the million dollar question people: Why do you think Takeda and Natsuki would/could work?
I do not think, that Takeda and Natsuki could work, even if Shizuru wasn't in the picture.

Because, even though Takeda isn't bad guy, but he is very-very-very simple-minded guy, because during all the time he did not change his tactics of courting Natsuki, even though he saw that it do not bring any fruit... be he a little less simple-minded, then he would have changed his tactic...

Natsuki simply would be bored in Takeda's company. I think, Reito would have a better chance of winning her, but he had no interest in Natsuki.

I think, what drew Natsuki to Shizuru is that Shizuru is very intellectual and interesting person, in her company is interesting to be, her thoughts are interesting to listen to. Therefore, in the end, Natsuki let Shizuru in and made ​​friends with her.

And a few examples from "Natsuki no Prelude" to prove that Natsuki did not have romantic feelings for Takeda at all:

Spoiler:

So yeah... All of this is pretty much tells me, that the possibility of Takeda and Natsuki couple is equal to zero.
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down