Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion

3 posters

Go down

Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion Empty Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion

Post by planetwarrior Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 am

When I first watch it, I thought I found the reference named "Zwei" Wing, coming from Mai-Otome that we all know of. And then it turns out that it has transformation like Mai-Otome, but instead of having a master to kiss the ring, and say "Materialize", they sing their intro before activating and transform.

Is this the only anime that capture most of the similarity with/comes closer to Mai-HiME/Otome?

Is Symphogear a direct answer to Mai-HiME/Otome franchise?

I find the atmosphere in that anime to be far similar to Mai-Otome, but has mythos like Mai-HiME has.

but anyways, this series is coming to an end this week, and let's hope this answer to Sunrise for making another green-lit in the franchise for making an anime.

Here's an AMV to celebrate the end of the series.

Last edited by planetwarrior on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:34 am; edited 3 times in total
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 89
Armitage GUTS!!! : 21

Back to top Go down

Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion Empty Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Senki Zesshou Symphogear thread moved to the Yuri forum!

Why the yuri forum? I'd like some debate on whether this is a 100% yuri or just a normal series with A LOT of subtext. My own thoughts on the series (Otomedius!? Is that you!? I thought you already WERE an anime...sorta. Btw, that was my initial response to viewing Symph for the first time and I can't blame myself) will follow after I get a few opinions. Your opinions will help decide this thread's fate. Stay here or be shipped to the General Anime/Manga section. Natsuki Kruger2
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion Empty Re: Senki Zesshou Symphogear discussion

Post by depression76 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm

From what I watch, and hear from a friend who watched it till the end thanks to Nana, this series is pretty much just your usual series peppered with lots and lots of Yuri Subtext.

From a viewer who only watched 3 episodes in, this show is pretty much like every cliches thrown in. Magical Girls + Gundam + idol shows + Yuri subtext + ecchi-- I'm sorry, I love Mizuki Nana to death, but even with her influence, and Takayama Minami's, the voice of Kanade, they weren't able to get me through this.

The graphics, on the other hand, was astounding, and having two of the most prolific seiyuus on the business, Mizuki Nana and Takayama Minami, the studio made use of their singing abilities to the max. That was why during the battle scenes, the concert and wherever singing is involved, lots of money was thrown in to create the amazing scenes to go along with it.

Like with the audience's cheering voices, they're actually real cheering of the audience that was taken from Mizuki Nana's Live Diamond 2009 Concert. Most of the staff that works on Symphogear are a big fan of Nana, so this is understandable.

But plot wise, this anime is weak. Again, I haven't watch this to the end, nor do I plan to, but take my words with a grain of salt. What I think is bad, might be awesome to you.

For all the people wondering whether to watch this or not, just give this a try. The songs/singing are worth it at the very least >89
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by planetwarrior Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Senki Zesshou Symphogear thread moved to the Yuri forum!

Why the yuri forum? I'd like some debate on whether this is a 100% yuri or just a normal series with A LOT of subtext. My own thoughts on the series (Otomedius!? Is that you!? I thought you already WERE an anime...sorta. Btw, that was my initial response to viewing Symph for the first time and I can't blame myself) will follow after I get a few opinions. Your opinions will help decide this thread's fate. Stay here or be shipped to the General Anime/Manga section. Natsuki Kruger2

depression76 wrote:From what I watch, and hear from a friend who watched it till the end thanks to Nana, this series is pretty much just your usual series peppered with lots and lots of Yuri Subtext.

From a viewer who only watched 3 episodes in, this show is pretty much like every cliches thrown in. Magical Girls + Gundam + idol shows + Yuri subtext + ecchi-- I'm sorry, I love Mizuki Nana to death, but even with her influence, and Takayama Minami's, the voice of Kanade, they weren't able to get me through this.

The graphics, on the other hand, was astounding, and having two of the most prolific seiyuus on the business, Mizuki Nana and Takayama Minami, the studio made use of their singing abilities to the max. That was why during the battle scenes, the concert and wherever singing is involved, lots of money was thrown in to create the amazing scenes to go along with it.

Like with the audience's cheering voices, they're actually real cheering of the audience that was taken from Mizuki Nana's Live Diamond 2009 Concert. Most of the staff that works on Symphogear are a big fan of Nana, so this is understandable.

But plot wise, this anime is weak. Again, I haven't watch this to the end, nor do I plan to, but take my words with a grain of salt. What I think is bad, might be awesome to you.

For all the people wondering whether to watch this or not, just give this a try. The songs/singing are worth it at the very least >89

It's not fully 100% Yuri, it's more like shoujo-ai in some part, but hey, it's still a watchable series I gotta say, if this gets season 2 or Sunrise that gets Mai-HiME/Otome green-lit anytime soon, then this would be a glad to answer back to each other.

Also, they are quite similar in some aspects, Symphogear kinda brought back the genre that Mai-HiME/Otome has in mid-2000's era. Also, ship this to General Anime/Manga section if you have time. Yeah, the plot is weak, but other stuff in it that makes up for the plot was good as well.
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by planetwarrior Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 am

Symphogear is BACK again as Symphogear G, so who's watching it to make up for the loss of green-light Mai-franchise?!?
planetwarrior
planetwarrior
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down