Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HaruZuke: Does it work?

4 posters

Go down

HaruZuke:  Does it work? Empty HaruZuke: Does it work?

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

HaruZuke:  Does it work? 553757_206840576089121_100002895413596_297395_1743028011_n

HaruZuke: Does it work?

Can it work?

Who are Haruka Suzushiro and Shizuru Fujino?

Who are Armitage and Viola?

Does Haruka's relationship with Yukino make her who she is? Shizuru's relationship with Natsuki make her who she is?

Would Haruka logically be with anyone other than Yukino, especially Shizuru, the damned Bubuzuke woman?

Could Shizuru work her charm well enough to melt Haruka's heart... and if she can, would she even try?

...these and more questions can be discussed her. Feel free to mention any other pairing that could be compared to/discussed to make or break your claim if they can work or not.

Also, listen to the 6th MM Podcast to see if you agree with any of these past points:

ALSO! Feel free to discuss their sexual relationship or lack there of! Anything is possible with Kim Possible--oops, wrong fandom. O:3

~*~

It's a hit or miss in my opinion. Copious amounts of alcohol, their sig. others dying, angry one-night-stand to get it out of their system... lots of possibilities for the seemingly impossible, no? I don't think they'd have a deep relationship the way that Haruka has with Yukino or Shizuru has with Natsuki, but I do think that they would be there for each other and, on a level, already are.

But, I'm gonna hold off on saying more until/unless anyone else comments~

fuck yeah I'm getting a Mulan fanart x3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

HaruZuke:  Does it work? Empty Re: HaruZuke: Does it work?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Before I give my own opinion on the matter, here are some of the opinions said on our Facebook orgy:

Wolvetta said:

I think a thing with HaruShiz is that people like it because it is one of the major impossibles. We all know that the flustered Haruka would never leap at Shizuru because honestly? The woman simply pisses her off to no end with her slivering ways (being one of the laziest people known to the Mai Series and rivalling Zhang with ease, however, managing to just slip by her every time with a slightly better outcome, grades, etc).

I mean, look at Haruka in Zwei, it gives out evidence that she is clearly outspoken upon her relationship with Yukino (don't call me dear in public, Yukino!). So I'm thinking that Haruka would be dominant to some extent, but she would be a little confused into what to do at times ~ since I get the idea that she would be worried over harming Yukino who would be a hell of a lot more delicate and affectionate when showing her love. Haruka would be more... broad in action I think.

RJ said:

I believe the drama CD bonus clearly elucidated this pairing is a no go. Shizuru, despite her fliratious nature, evidently has standards: she prefers a woman with intellect, like Natsuki, who showed her how destructive her path was. Haruka, for all her bravado, isn't the brightest woman alive. Yukino is the intellect in that pairing.

And Haruka gets on Shizuru's nerves, as was demonstrated in the bonus feature of the drama CD. The difference is, Shizuru is more tactful (e.g. the offering of bubuzuke in Japanes culture is a polite way of telling someone to "Get lost.").

So, I don't think it's quite fair to say this pairing won't work because of Haruka's lack of tolerance to Shizuru. I think that goes both ways.

---

Let's put the cards on the table, Haruka looked up to Shizuru, even Yukino took notice of this and announced it in front of the world.

Armitage : YUKINO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

That sort of admiration to me doesn't spell romance or school girl crush. Haruka Suzushiro has room for romance in her life, what? Poor Yukino. I don't see it happening because like I've said a million times, Haruka and Yukino were practically made to be together. Sure there's nothing official in Mai-HiME; what there is is a friendship that nobody can truly understand or would bother understanding. The Executive Director is a major hard-head and Yukino is the only one with enough patience and understanding to follow her into the mouth of Hell to fight the devil...

Shizuru Kaichou : Ikezu~

I'll be back with an opinion on their Mai-Otome counterparts soon.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 am

I think Shiz may flirt with Haruka to screw with her head how far she takes it and if Haruka decides to try and beat her at her own game may lead to some Hentai but more as an I'm not backing down till you do situation
zanekal1
zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:08 pm

zanekal1 wrote:I think Shiz may flirt with Haruka to screw with her head how far she takes it and if Haruka decides to try and beat her at her own game may lead to some Hentai but more as an I'm not backing down till you do situation

Sometimes I wonder why flirting with Haruka never crossed her mind. It didn't have to be serious; she could of just played a few mind games. Hold on... Idea ...normally Shizuru's fangirls around Fuuka would fall in love with her on sight or when she does that gay~ smile.

HaruZuke:  Does it work? PDVD_018

Haruka's facial reaction to that had no indication of a blush. Her reaction was more like "ugh..." Maybe an itty bitty hint that she doesn't fall for Shizuru's charms so easily? It goes back to one of my old theories that Haruka Suzushiro isn't a sexual person. :3 I'd like her to be though, cuz the girl is hot.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

[/quote]
Haruka's facial reaction to that had no indication of a blush. Her reaction was more like "ugh..." Maybe an itty bitty hint that she doesn't fall for Shizuru's charms so easily? It goes back to one of my old theories that Haruka Suzushiro isn't a sexual person. :3 I'd like her to be though, cuz the girl is hot.[/quote]

Oh I think she is sexual but just holds it to a higher standard she seems the type to save herself till gay marrage is legal and she can be with yukino "honorably" aslo why do you think she is so pissy? you would be too if you were waiting and waiting too.
zanekal1
zanekal1

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 am

zanekal1 wrote:Oh I think she is sexual but just holds it to a higher standard she seems the type to save herself till gay marrage is legal and she can be with yukino "honorably" aslo why do you think she is so pissy? you would be too if you were waiting and waiting too.

You theorize that sexual frustration plagues Haruka? I wouldn't be surprised; the girl is uptight about a lot of things. Most of that energy goes towards Yukino...in that needing support type way. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Haurka Suzushiro is an intelligent girl, but she works for what she gets. She studies, she tries, and she's highly motivated to accomplish her goals and dreams. Anyone who tried to claim her as unintelligent is a fool in my most humble opinion. The main flaw with Haruka is her emotional problems. Anyone whom knows me understands I have a hard time controlling mine and the same can be said for Suzushiro. She has issues dealing with her extreme emotions and only Yukino can REALLY dig deep and truly control Haruka. Haruka doesn't let others control her, but is willing to back down if she has it proven she's wrong and most people are to afraid of her blunt and truthful persona to try and confront her strong views. Haruka isn't the kind of girl to allow someone like Shizuru to manipulate/control her and that's why she wouldn't and couldn't fall for Shizuru's 'charm'. Without Yukino or if she didn't meet Yukino until later in life Haruka would be a lot more cruel I think, jaded for sure. Shizuru would have FAR more to fear from a Yukino-less Haruka... especially when it comes to Haruka physically acting out. The girl would be, honestly? Too much for Shizuru and she'd need help to keep this girl in check, most-likely from someone like Mai Tokiha whom has the crazy ability to understand people in ways that make them crumble and open up to the light-hearted yet serious girl.

HaruShiz isn't impossible, but it would take a lot more than people would be willing to put effort into and would only be possible AU, really. I think it's a cute idea to an extent, but only a select few authors could even consider doing it well and even then they'd need motivation.

I think the main thing to understand is that Haruka and Shizuru are close as friends. I'd say if anyone can really 'get' to them other than their sig. others it would be each other.

Also, have you seen Haruka blush around Yukino? She is SO sexual, but she doesn't know how to deal with it/is struggling with the fact she wouldn't wanna be like the bubuzuke woman and, therefore, would be more 'off' to admitting her feelings and would be trying not to notice Yukino's feelings for her.

@_@
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Haurka Suzushiro is an intelligent girl, but she works for what she gets. She studies, she tries, and she's highly motivated to accomplish her goals and dreams. Anyone who tried to claim her as unintelligent is a fool in my most humble opinion.

I'd say it's worse than that; Since the end part of Ep. 26 shows Shizuru and Haruka are #1 and #2 at their uni class, to say that Haruka is unintelligent is to imply that everyone else in that class has to be barely a step up from comatose - after all, the rest of them got beaten out by Haruka!

In my world, Haruka is near-universally regarded as intelligent, but one-track-minded to the point of obsessive-compulsion, maybe even to a level approaching an Aspie girl. Actually, that might be "the perfect" way to characterize her; Haruka as an Aspie girl can explain certain things like how a girl so seemingly concerned with propriety doesn't act particularly girlish. It could also explain both her high intelligence, and social skill incompetence. Not to mention, her spectacular (in all its meanings) means of displaying frustration.

MidnightPersona wrote:The main flaw with Haruka is her emotional problems. Anyone whom knows me understands I have a hard time controlling mine and the same can be said for Suzushiro. She has issues dealing with her extreme emotions and only Yukino can REALLY dig deep and truly control Haruka. Haruka doesn't let others control her, but is willing to back down if she has it proven she's wrong and most people are to afraid of her blunt and truthful persona to try and confront her strong views.

Again, characteristics of Asperger's sufferers. To me, Haruka's issues with controlling her emotions come from the fact that Yukino is the only person in her life that shows even a little bit of sympathy with alignment to her ideals. Haruka doesn't just enforce the rules, she follows them; not only does she follow the rules, she loves them. She doesn't love propriety, or social convention, but she does love order, and she seems intensely frustrated that no one else around her seems to even consider the idea that order has a benefit. It's as if every little rule is a baby, and every infraction of a rule is like spitting a baby on a bayonet; she's trying to save babies, and everyone else around her is wondering what the big deal is about stabbing some babies, since there're tons of them out there, and it's kind of fun to hear them wail as they die....

Okay, sorry, let's continue.

MidnightPersona wrote: Haruka isn't the kind of girl to allow someone like Shizuru to manipulate/control her and that's why she wouldn't and couldn't fall for Shizuru's 'charm'. (snip)

HaruShiz isn't impossible, but it would take a lot more than people would be willing to put effort into and would only be possible AU, really. I think it's a cute idea to an extent, but only a select few authors could even consider doing it well and even then they'd need motivation.

I would say that there's a big difference in perspective between the two. Shizuru is a big purveyor of propriety; she's popular, and she cares about being popular. She doesn't give a whit about anyone in particular (except Natsuki), but she loves flirting, and banter, because it lets her be clever.

Haruka is very intelligent, intelligent enough to quickly see how insincere Shizuru's banter is. Haruka, however, doesn't give a whit for cleverness; she knows she's smart, and while she could be clever, since it doesn't get her what she wants, she doesn't waste her time with it.

I think the important point to consider here, is, what is it about Shizuru that Haruka does admire so much. I think that ambition holds the key. Shizuru does not seem conventionally ambitious, but still, even without trying, is immensely successful at what she does. Haruka seems to want, more than being popular, maybe even more than being a success, to be recognized as being worthy of notice.

Then, we need to ask, what, besides the color of her eyes, does Haruka have to offer in appeal to Shizuru. Okay, maybe we don't need to ask too much, since it's right out there, as is Haruka herself: Haruka is intensely passionate, and when you quit flinching at her full-out assault-style personality, you can see the girl is gorgeous. From Shizuru's point of view, Haruka's kind of a tough nut - she's proud, but not vain, confident, but not arrogant, loyal, but not a brown-noser. That may in fact be the biggest appeal of Haruka; she may admire what you do, and even let you know it (eventually), but she's not about to try to curry favor with you for approval. It's not even because she's too proud to beg, so much as she hates begging. Perhaps what Shizuru sees most attractive in Haruka, is her uncompromising freedom, and maybe respect for that freedom is what has kept Shizuru from "poaching" on Haruka.

MidnightPersona wrote:I think the main thing to understand is that Haruka and Shizuru are close as friends. I'd say if anyone can really 'get' to them other than their sig. others it would be each other.

Haruka knows Shizuru is very competent; she just hates how Shizuru hides so much of who she is. Shizuru knows Haruka is very competent, it's just rather inconvenient how Haruka will not be swayed from whatever is on her mind.

MidnightPersona wrote:Also, have you seen Haruka blush around Yukino? She is SO sexual, but she doesn't know how to deal with it/is struggling with the fact she wouldn't wanna be like the bubuzuke woman and, therefore, would be more 'off' to admitting her feelings and would be trying not to notice Yukino's feelings for her.

@_@

Now this is an interesting point on its own. On the one hand, Haruka wears eye shadow that accentuates her eye color, showing that she has at least a rudimentary interest in looking appealing. Also, she is the only high school student that wears stockings, and showing the renowned Zettai Ryouiki which is a cultural icon of a girl/young woman just getting a handle on being attractive. On the other hand, Haruka sits with her leg crossed at the ankle, and not like a girl concerned about boys looking up her skirt; maybe she's so used to no one wanting to look that she never bothered, but with those skirts, someone ought to have warned the girl. Also, we don't know what Haruka is like when relaxed, because we never see Haruka relax - heck, it isn't until that last episode where we don't see her in uniform!

So, when Haruka tells Yukino not to call her "-chan" in public, there is some huge ambiguity there. Is it concern for revealing intimacy that prompts Haruka to say this, or is it a concern for status - it's not just a term of endearment, but a diminutive, as well. We know Haruka is very concerned about being taken seriously, and about her causes being taken seriously; is she worried about loss of respect from a scandal, or does she just not want what little authority she has undermined?

When MidnightPersona says that Haruka "wouldn't wanna be like the bubuzuke woman" does she (and do we) mean that she doesn't want a sexual relationship, a romantic relationship, a sempai/kouhai-turned-physical relationship, or a relationship without commitment? I would suggest that it's more the latter, than the former concerns. She might see it differently if it were Yukino initiating the contact, since there would be less of an implied obligation to accept unwanted attention.

Now, please don't get the idea that I have some personal beef with MidnightPersona, by my quoting her response. It's just that, one, she brings up some excellent points, and two, not meaning any disrespect, but not one else's opinion means as much, when it comes to Haruka (or Yukino), not to me anyway.
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down