Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saddest Anime/Manga Moments

+7
IlliterateKoi
Defiant
hildebrant
NazrinTsunMouse
depression76
Luu Sky Sapphire
SulliMike23
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

anime - Saddest Anime/Manga Moments Empty Saddest Anime/Manga Moments

Post by SulliMike23 Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Admit it, there are just some scenes in certain manga and anime that make you cry no matter how hard you try to hold it in. Scenes that are so sad, so touching, that you can't help but cry even if you're a man or a tough gal who doesn't allow herself to cry much. So tell us what moments they are and don't be shy about it.

*pulls out a whole box full of tissues*

*Spoiler alert!* This is, by far, the saddest moment in Naruto EVER! Even I couldn't hold back any tears while I was watching it.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

anime - Saddest Anime/Manga Moments Empty Re: Saddest Anime/Manga Moments

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:07 am

Gonna copy and paste one of the scenes I mentioned in another thread, since I'm falling asleep. @_@

---

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MADLAX!!! TURN AWAY NOW! IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE SERIES, DON'T LOOK AWAY! STAY!!! ;P

Videos hidden by spoiler tags:

Spoiler:

Last warning, don't read if you haven't seen Madlax in it's entirety.

The deaths of Vanessa Rene and Elenore Baker hit me in different ways. Both had a destiny to fulfill, a mission that ultimately became their undoing.They were given a choice to turn back from the danger that awaited them. To seek the truth about her parents' death was Vanessa's goal. Elenore wanted to protect Margaret Burton and take her home to continue their peaceful life together. Vanessa Rene was killed trying to protect Madlax. The killer was a beautiful sniper, Limelda Jorg, who dedicated her life to hunting down Madlax. Limelda felt Vanessa got in the way of this competitive relationship she had with Madlax. If you read between the lines, you'll immediately know it's yuri. Wink Vanessa had a stronger bond with Madlax, so I'm on Team Vanessa for this one. Although there are no hard feelings for Limelda. I mean, even the storyline itself never cast a shadow over Limelda's actions. She wasn't a villain per se. With Friday-Monday carrying the heat (hatred you the audience should have for him), I can't poke fingers at Limelda. What she did wasn't cool, but in a strange way it was romantic. In a series like Madlax, you can't expect Vanessa and Limelda to have a meeting of the minds. They were two completely different characters, burdened by the same enemy in Enfant. Lack of communication galore. In death, when Vanessa became a child and reunited with her parents, I did cry.

Elenore Baker is a tad different. Dedicating her life to protecting and serving Margaret Burton is all she knew. It's what gave her life meaning. After being shot by a soldier, Elenore is severely injured but manages to finally run into Margaret, who was brainwashed by Friday-Monday and his Words of Awakening from the books Firstari, Secondari, and Thirstari. Elenore points her gun at Friday-Monday, but becomes subdued by the Words of Awakening, hoping to surface violent impulses within her. Friday-Monday points out that she may want to be free from her life of servitude to Margaret. Elenore then breaks free from the overpowering Essence because of her love for Margaret. The only truth. Sadly it was a brief reunion as Elenore's wound becomes fatal.

So, are these AWESOME episodes to me? Not in the exciting way, but in a tragic way they are. The music, mood, everything was perfect.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Who can forget this memorable scene from Pokemon?
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 pm

For me the Naruto scene works better in the manga. I couldn't cry when watching the anime =o=.

And mine....this.
No words needed ;____;

depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 am

The entire climax of Sailor Moon R: The Movie is just one big tear jerker, even within the greatness of the Moon Revenge segment.

For Nostalgia factor, here is the English dub version with "Power of Love":

Usagi = G.O.A.T.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 am

Angel Beats... just Angel Beats. There are moments it can make you laugh... and then there's the moments it can make you weep like a baby. It really sends you on quite the emotional roller coaster. Very few anime have brought me to the brink of tears like Angel Beats has.

Spoilered Videos:
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 22
Armitage GUTS!!! : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Pretty much all of Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen gets me teary eyed from beginning to end, but the ending is enough to get me crying my eyes out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njVyTLsCOg

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am

If you haven't seen Fushigi Yuugi yet...you need your head checked. Okay, I'll be PC. *ahem* If you haven't seen Fushigi Yuugi, don't click below. One of the most saddest moments in anime/manga history. He is immortalized with greatness for his actions that day, along with his four comrades later on...

Spoiler:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If you haven't seen Fushigi Yuugi yet...you need your head checked. Okay, I'll be PC. *ahem* If you haven't seen Fushigi Yuugi, don't click below. One of the most saddest moments in anime/manga history. He is immortalized with greatness for his actions that day, along with his four comrades later on...

Spoiler:

;______;

I remember crying so hard the first time I watched it. Truly, truly sad. He's the first one to die too IIRC right?

@thread, another of the saddest moments in anime/manga.

Gen Shishio's death in Kekkaishi.

I'm such a sap, I know I cry at sad scenes, but I cry even harder when my fav character dies OTL

Tbh, I can't stand seeing the death scene on anime xD Only read it in manga haha. But still sad >>
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm

depression76 wrote:;______;

I remember crying so hard the first time I watched it. Truly, truly sad. He's the first one to die too IIRC right?

You're right, Deppeh! He was the first. Something I find both unfair and brilliant in retrospect. Unfair because he was such an amazing character with a lot of depth, it couldn't of been explained better when he shared his story with Miaka a few episodes prior. He is also considered one of the stronger members of the Suzaku Seven (emphasis on stronger) and he gets killed?!

However, there's another side to it. His presence was felt so strongly throughout the series that his early death came as a surprise to us. It made me cry along with Miaka and the others, in addition to building heat on that asshole Nakago. The more innocent bodies that blonde bastard piled up, the more you wanted to see Tamahome blast a hole through his chest....IRONY!

Yuu Watase is good at tugging heart strings as the next four casualties were just as tragic. Each being unique yet honorable deaths. Something Fushigi Yuugi fans should tell themselves is: "If any of the Suzaku Seven die, I have no regrets". Referring to how noble each members was. Good people are honored. ;_; Fact of life!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:;______;

You're right, Deppeh! He was the first. Something I find both unfair and brilliant in retrospect. Unfair because he was such an amazing character with a lot of depth, it couldn't of been explained better when he shared his story with Miaka a few episodes prior. He is also considered one of the stronger members of the Suzaku Seven (emphasis on stronger) and he gets killed?!

I think his death is supposed to be the turning point, I mean, starting from that point on, everything gets worse. I agree with you though, Watase-sensei is brilliant to be able to pull that kind of stuff with such a perfect timing. And right after having his background fleshed so thoroughly moments before too....man I still remember the episode >> it was truly heart wrenching. It is unfair...but hey, at least he went with a bang, hey? xD such a heroic way to die too.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Amen, Deppeh. You know, me and Puppeh have discussed Watase-sensei's work a few weeks ago and she told me Watase is doing yaoi related works now. o_o; Is this true?

---

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love [Japanese version. Spoilers!]

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love [English version. Spoilers!]

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love. Scene from Kannazuki no miko Ep. 12. Very beautiful scene between these two.

"Priestesses of the Godless Month"
"Kannazuki no Miko" (神無月の巫女)

^ Sad in a beautiful way~ The dub, however, is just sad! Hear the amazingly over the top acting by Himeko's voice actress! XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Probably sadest anime scene for me...in manga its actually even more sorrowful.

I couldn´t pick a particular scene because there is just so many in Bokurano...its probably the sadest anime I have seen.

I just finished Bleach and eventhough it is not the best anime out there, it has it´s moments...this scene kind caught me off guard...
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Defiant wrote:Probably sadest anime scene for me...in manga its actually even more sorrowful.

I couldn´t pick a particular scene because there is just so many in Bokurano...its probably the sadest anime I have seen.

I just finished Bleach and eventhough it is not the best anime out there, it has it´s moments...this scene kind caught me off guard...

Rei's death scene in the original anime is always going to be painful for me, anytime I watch it I get a lump in my throat, and in the manga, seeing what all the angel does to mindrape her and going after Shinji just really twists the knife even more
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed May 09, 2012 11:11 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Defiant wrote:Probably sadest anime scene for me...in manga its actually even more sorrowful.

Rei's death scene in the original anime is always going to be painful for me, anytime I watch it I get a lump in my throat, and in the manga, seeing what all the angel does to mindrape her and going after Shinji just really twists the knife even more

Yea, the manga version kinda feel even more painfull since the bound between (2nd) Rei and Shinji was a bit deeper than that in anime.
I kinda hope that she won´t die in Rebuild series since 00 got eaten, but than again they added 06 and 08 (and since in Rebuild the Children can pilot any unit...) :-/
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Kagura

Spoiler:

*sigh* Painful...yet...beautiful.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Wed May 23, 2012 7:16 pm

M.I.Y.U. Greer wrote: Kagura

Spoiler:

*sigh* Painful...yet...beautiful.

Was actually wondering why you hadn't posted this last time I checked this thread. Thought you might just be in denial Razz

*tries to think of a sad anime moment....* I remember crying when Ash died in the first pokemon movie? ^_^; (Which means I've cried at a grand total of 3 movies ¬.¬ I fail at being emotional when watching things XD)
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Vampire Orphan wrote: Was actually wondering why you hadn't posted this last time I checked this thread. Thought you might just be in denial Razz

I was in denial, you bloody wanker. :p Since the manga chapter released! Sometimes I wish the series didn't go beyond episode 167 so I could say Kagura survived the damn anime. :evil:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm

This video does a pretty good job of compressing one of the saddest (also most gruesome) things I ever watched.

It's from Elfen Lied. I was informed before I watched/read the series that it was extremely depressing and that damn near everyone died, but I was lured in by the pretty art and haunting theme song. Also, I'm a sucker for gore for some odd reason, so that made me happy as well.

The scene I chose out of ALL the scenes in that show I could have chosen, was the first scene that made me cry. It was when Lucy fought against Nana. I'll hide it in a spoiler for those who plan on watching Elfen Lied.

Spoiler:
Twi
Twi
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 91
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

https://www.facebook.com/piccu.pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Twi wrote:This video does a pretty good job of compressing one of the saddest (also most gruesome) things I ever watched.

It's from Elfen Lied. I was informed before I watched/read the series that it was extremely depressing and that damn near everyone died, but I was lured in by the pretty art and haunting theme song. Also, I'm a sucker for gore for some odd reason, so that made me happy as well.

The scene I chose out of ALL the scenes in that show I could have chosen, was the first scene that made me cry. It was when Lucy fought against Nana. I'll hide it in a spoiler for those who plan on watching Elfen Lied.

Spoiler:

Every read the internet comic Nana's Everyday Life? It perfectly expresses Nana's character as a whole. Kudos for plugging one of Elfen Lied's most powerful moments. Only scene I felt was strong was when Mariko
Spoiler:
, despite being the most powerful and sadistic Diclonius of them all.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Every read the internet comic Nana's Everyday Life? It perfectly expresses Nana's character as a whole. Kudos for plugging one of Elfen Lied's most powerful moments. Only scene I felt was strong was when Mariko
Spoiler:
, despite being the most powerful and sadistic Diclonius of them all.

Nah, I haven't read it, I'll have to give it a read.

And yeah, I was debating whether to put Mariko's scene, but I decided I'd go with Nana's instead. No matter how you slice it, that whole show is just so sad. The manga is worse though (worse as in more depressing, if that's even possible), to me at the very least because lucy
Spoiler:

Still, I appreciated it more than the anime ending for various reasons.
Twi
Twi
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 91
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

https://www.facebook.com/piccu.pie

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:17 pm

This was waaaaaaay to painful for me to see......my heart broke with this scene. It's so epic yet so tragic.....
I still cry whenever I hear the background melody that is played during this scene... Bach's 'AIR'. TT^TT

Spoiler:
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:This was waaaaaaay to painful for me to see......my heart broke with this scene. It's so epic yet so tragic.....
I still cry whenever I hear the background melody that is played during this scene... Bach's 'AIR'. TT^TT

Spoiler:

Yea, End is pretty much the saddest part of NGE.
------------------------------------------------
I re-watched Metropolis yesterday and I must say it was again very touching. I really love how the movie touches topics around AI so very delicately and smoothly...and the ending, well it speaks for itself.
Spoiler:
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

depression76 wrote:For me the Naruto scene works better in the manga. I couldn't cry when watching the anime =o=.

And mine....this.
No words needed ;____;

WHY WOULD YOU EVER DO THAT?! DX
I watched that scene so many times to not make myself cry and now I see it again and I am D:
damnit... -_-
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2291
Armitage GUTS!!! : 261

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Oh yes! That scene is soooooooooo T^T
Why?! WHY!?!?!? *bawls*