Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship

+4
Ice Silver Crystal
Magus Phantalus
NazrinTsunMouse
Luu Sky Sapphire
8 posters

Go down

Fan of this Mai-Otome ship? (Arika x Mashiro)

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vote_lcap283%Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 39 ]
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vote_lcap211%Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vote_lcap26%Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 47

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Empty Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vlcsnap-2012-03-11-19h57m55s40

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vlcsnap-2012-03-11-19h58m27s97

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vlcsnap-2012-03-11-19h59m10s21

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vlcsnap-2012-03-11-19h59m49s163

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Vlcsnap-2012-03-11-20h02m09s3

We've heard it all before, Arika and Mashiro's character development throughout the Mai-Otome series. Arika going from zero to hero, achieving her dreams after overcoming adversity. Mashiro; the tainted queen in the eyes of not only her own politicians, but also her entire kingdom. Now she is the most well respected ruler on the planet Earl; along with Arika as it's number one savior.

When the Mai-Otome series ended, you could almost feel the great friendship between these two young ladies become stronger. A special bond that only two people can share together, that in my mind, elevated itself to new heights within romance. It was never outright, but between the "wife and wife" bickering throughout Zwei, you could tell they had feelings for one another. Sergay is no longer in the picture and Arika finds herself wanting to retain her title as an Otome, it makes sense that the next person she could start a relationship with is Queen Mashiro. Miss Blan de Windbloom is the first to admit that Arika changed her life forever; had it not been for her determination to see a nation where people "smile from their hearts". If I were Mashiro, my heart would be stolen in a heart beat.

Post, discuss and rant about Arika x Mashiro below. Give me your thoughts on the two, why they work or why they don't work, offer insight and detailed analysis. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Empty Re: Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:22 am

No replies on this yet? =(

Anyway, I personally loved the chemistry between Arika and Mashiro. Be it romantic or not, their relationship was a wonderful driving point of the series. I especially loved how Arika's presence changed Mashiro so much, of course Midori helped it some too. But it was Arika that really pushed her to becoming the great Queen she is now.

I've always seen their relationship as something deeper than mere friendship. Not quite romantic but definitely deeper, and with Sergay out of the way, their bond just seemed to steadily deepen and grow into the pseudo-married couple we see in Zwei.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 22
Armitage GUTS!!! : 10

Back to top Go down

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Empty Re: Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:22 pm

NazrinTsunMouse wrote:No replies on this yet? =(

Anyway, I personally loved the chemistry between Arika and Mashiro. Be it romantic or not, their relationship was a wonderful driving point of the series. I especially loved how Arika's presence changed Mashiro so much, of course Midori helped it some too. But it was Arika that really pushed her to becoming the great Queen she is now.

I've always seen their relationship as something deeper than mere friendship. Not quite romantic but definitely deeper, and with Sergay out of the way, their bond just seemed to steadily deepen and grow into the pseudo-married couple we see in Zwei.

=( Nobody likes this adorable pair.

That's the thing, was it romantic or not? It matters not in the end because, as you said, it was the main driving force. No other character in the series catapulted Mai-Otome into greatness than Arika and Mashiro. They had more character development in their little pinkies than Mai Tokiha had in her whole body.

Pseudo-married couple? That's an understatement; the two were going at it like wife-and-wife in Zwei. Even Arika getting shut down by Mashiro's "shut up and follow my orders!" was strangely adorable. Sometimes in life, your beloved one will let you have it. The best couples in anime/manga have conflicts and these two had quite a lot of that.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Naz!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Then we must band together and preach to the poor lost souls the joys of Mashiro/Arika. lolnotreally

Anyway completely and utterly agreed. Mai never clicked with me as a protag the same way Arika and Mashiro did. More than likely because they were together, helping eachother grow as characters. Unlike Mai, who did more angsting all on her lonesome than growing.

I really don't think it would have been the same without either in each others life. I just cannot picture Arika without Mashiro or vice versa. They are forever meant to be life partners. Which is why I'm glad the anime went in the direction it did.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 am

NazrinTsunMouse wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Then we must band together and preach to the poor lost souls the joys of Mashiro/Arika. lolnotreally

Anyway completely and utterly agreed. Mai never clicked with me as a protag the same way Arika and Mashiro did. More than likely because they were together, helping eachother grow as characters. Unlike Mai, who did more angsting all on her lonesome than growing.

I really don't think it would have been the same without either in each others life. I just cannot picture Arika without Mashiro or vice versa. They are forever meant to be life partners. Which is why I'm glad the anime went in the direction it did.

The difference being that Arika and Mashiro set a goal for themselves prior to their low points, while Mai just didn't know what to do in life once Takumi realized he was a man underneath that uke exterior. Arika's struggle with her affections for Sergay and Mashiro wanting to prove naysayers of her responsibilities as queen were more reasonable. To be fair for all three ladies, we can easily relate to them all.

Damn skippy. Take into account that Arika isn't a selfish girl by any means, her determination went beyond just becoming a great Otome. She went out of her way completely for Mashiro, showing the closeness these two really had. It's one of those things in our fandom you don't forget.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 am

Don't get me wrong, I like Mai as a character, in fact she's in my top five for her being such a cool big sister type of character. She just didn't give the same protagonist feel that the other two did. And just so there aren't confusions, my angsting all on her lonesome comment was more that she didn't really let herself lean on anyone for support so she didn't grow as much. If that makes any sense....

And oh wow, I think what I wrote was stupider than I initially thought. I feel like I contradicted myself at some point in that post. Goes to show that I shouldn't be writing posts at six in the morning without a wink of sleep. Even though I'm writing this one at 2 in the morning, which isn't any better.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm

NazrinTsunMouse wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like Mai as a character, in fact she's in my top five for her being such a cool big sister type of character. She just didn't give the same protagonist feel that the other two did. And just so there aren't confusions, my angsting all on her lonesome comment was more that she didn't really let herself lean on anyone for support so she didn't grow as much. If that makes any sense....

And oh wow, I think what I wrote was stupider than I initially thought. I feel like I contradicted myself at some point in that post. Goes to show that I shouldn't be writing posts at six in the morning without a wink of sleep. Even though I'm writing this one at 2 in the morning, which isn't any better.

Perfect sense. You see, Mai Tokiha thought she was Miss Independent that can make miracles happen with good ol' fashion hard work. This couldn't of been made anymore clear in the very first omake of our fandom:

(Carol, your Canadian accent is killing me)

Well, don't beat yourself up too much. Writing your post 2 in the morning only means your response was less stupid. Wait...uh...I mean, less special. Forget it. >_>

I know what you mean, Arika was able to share her happiness, sorrow and concerns with her friends in Nina and Erstin. Even Irina Woods got a taste of the action by helping solve the mystery of the stolen Garderobe Coral uniform.

irina Oh Irina, you could of been so much more. You could of been the prep time girl who creates giant cannons that fire whale sharks. Instead, you just stood in the background until Sunrise thought of something for you to do. ;_;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Luu its a GOOD thing they kept Irina in the back ground otherwise she would probably become a mad scientist.... wait "become" what? What is this become nonsense?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am

i vote yes for every reason you listed!
when a girl feel that close to someone they are destined to be together.
mashiro-san and arika-san found love in each other. ^.^
maybe they were gay the whole time? not realize till later??
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:i vote yes for every reason you listed!
when a girl feel that close to someone they are destined to be together.
mashiro-san and arika-san found love in each other. ^.^
maybe they were gay the whole time? not realize till later??

No, I don't think so. Mashiro blushed at the thought of being with a boy many times and you know how Arika felt about Sergay (in addition to being disappointed about Otome not being able to have intercourse with the opposite gender). I believe, like Natsuki Kuga in Mai-HiME, they transcended labels and found something with each other. It happens when you least expect it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 am

I don't think comparing Arika and Mashiro to Natsuki is completely accurate. Arika and Mashiro have enough text and subtext to appear to be bisexual where as Natsuki never shows any romantic/sexual attraction to anyone other than well Shizuru so maybe Natsuki's a Shizuru-sexual?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 pm

bump

Dropping off some Arika x Mashiro HQ images from Zwei that blu-chan requested. :) As a bonus for fans of this ship.

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri1
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri2
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri3
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri4
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri5
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri6
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri7
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri8
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri9
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri10
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri11
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri12
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri13
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri14
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship MashiroandArikayuri15
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by nhalene Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 am

yeah.. thats true..
arika and mashiro,, are perfectly tandem..
i really very like them.. special in.. last 3 episode of mai otome..
i love arika and mashiro,,, Shizuma
Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship Jpg2
nhalene
nhalene
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 2
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by nhalene Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:04 am

Yukariko yeahh i really like mashiro and arika
nhalene
nhalene
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 2
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 am

nhalene wrote:yeah.. thats true..

nhalene wrote: Yukariko yeahh i really like mashiro and arika

Please refrain from posting twice in a row. ^^ Admin's rules.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:10 am

Nagi wrote:

Indeed. Use the edit button if you want to add more as an afterthought. :D

@thread: I don't know... For me, these two are too young at this stage for me to see them in a romantic relationship. Maybe after a few more years pass by, I'll see it as a more plausible option, but right now, they are just kiddies to me. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:02 pm

ookamidesu wrote:
Nagi wrote:

Indeed. Use the edit button if you want to add more as an afterthought. :D

@thread: I don't know... For me, these two are too young at this stage for me to see them in a romantic relationship. Maybe after a few more years pass by, I'll see it as a more plausible option, but right now, they are just kiddies to me. XD

Me thinks in a few years time, Arika would be the one on top. ;P She's waaaay too energetic to be an uke.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Nagi wrote:Me thinks in a few years time, Arika would be the one on top. ;P She's waaaay too energetic to be an uke.

>:3 No way! Arika is already the seme! She pushed Mashiro to heights she never dreamed possible and is always the one protecting her! Arika wears the pants here~

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship 11843010 : Grandma always told me to cherish my beautiful wife~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:18 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nagi wrote:Me thinks in a few years time, Arika would be the one on top. ;P She's waaaay too energetic to be an uke.

>:3 No way! Arika is already the seme! She pushed Mashiro to heights she never dreamed possible and is always the one protecting her! Arika wears the pants here~

Arika Yumemiya and Queen Mashiro's yuri relationship 11843010 : Grandma always told me to cherish my beautiful wife~

Haha... Mashiro is the master >.>;;

Razz
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:39 am

ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Razz

ROLE-REVERSAL FTW <3
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Nagi wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Razz

ROLE-REVERSAL FTW <3

You girls and your role reversals. >:3 Why don't we just make Shizuru the uke from now!?

Shizuru Kaichou : Never~

tomoe2 : I CONCUR! YOU'RE ALL CRAZY!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Nagi wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Razz

ROLE-REVERSAL FTW <3

You girls and your role reversals. >:3 Why don't we just make Shizuru the uke from now!?

Shizuru Kaichou : Never~

tomoe2 : I CONCUR! YOU'RE ALL CRAZY!!!

ROLE REVERSALS ARE FUN!

Prime example: Uke!Shizuru and Seme!Natsuki is <3
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:46 pm

ookamidesu wrote:ROLE REVERSALS ARE FUN!

Variety in bed is good~

>_>

<_<

There were times I wanted Puppeh on top....

Uke Shizuru and Seme Natsuki. <3_<3 It'll be a great opportunity to see Natsuki smoking a cigarette~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:ROLE REVERSALS ARE FUN!

Variety in bed is good~

>_>

<_<

There were times I wanted Puppeh on top....

Uke Shizuru and Seme Natsuki. <3_<3 It'll be a great opportunity to see Natsuki smoking a cigarette~

Yes, yes! And wielding a real gun, instead of her HiME gun. :D
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 am

As the moderator of Team Arika, I personally think that Arika x Mashiro is a canon pairing. (refer to Zwei)

That's all.
The Fire Stirring Ruby
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Bubuzuke points : 2486
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down