Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri)

+8
depression76
Chaglette
Luu Sky Sapphire
ShizuruF
ookamidesu
Flamewolf119
Kicchu
Kino karutta-chan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Empty Sasameki Koto

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 19996l
This manga is about two best friends - Sumika Murasame and Ushio Kazama. Sumika is constantly and painfully beat over the head with Ushio's love of -cute- girls. "Uncute", athletic and sarcastic Sumika is in love with Ushio, however, the latter oblivious to it no matter what the former does - and outright stating that Sumika isn't her type. When they spy a couple of girls in their class realize their feelings and form a club just for girls who like girls, things begin to seem like they're improving...
(source: MyAnimeList ;P)
Sasameki Koto is a manga by Takashi Ikeda, which was animated, too. The manga has 6 volumes alá 34 chapters + extra scenes (I am not this sure about this, because it's only been translated through chapter 32 (some days ago) and the anime has 13 episodes alá 24 minutes (normal lenght). A good thing in the anime is, that they mostly followed the manga (except from epi 12, which doesn't exists in the manga), a bad thing is, that they only animated 12 chapters yet :/ So please read the manga first ;D

If you will start to just read / watch it, I will envy you, because they are mostly at the end and you haven't to be in agony, because you don't have to wait for the next chapters. You just have no idea... It's a pain in the a... (butt) D: The manga is really nerve-racking. It's horrible that you can't influence what is happening in it. You actually only want, that Sumika and Ushio get together, not more.
Anyway, good story and beautiful drawings, go read / watch it ^__^

PS.: If you ask, I haven't spoiled you a bit XD
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Empty Re: Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri)

Post by Kicchu Tue May 25, 2010 1:27 pm

I watched the anime on CrunchyRoll before coming home from College. =) I've only read a couple chapters of the manga so far, though. I really need to start reading it again, but it's something that I have to be careful about reading in my house. ;-;

The characters are so entertaining, and Kiyori's laugh in the anime is great. xD
Kicchu
Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

Back to top Go down

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Empty Re: Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri)

Post by Flamewolf119 Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 am

Yeah, I started watching the anime first, and it's super adorable. As a gay woman who often feels 'uncute' just because I'm tall-ish and not very girly, I must say that I relate a lot to Sumika. I haven't finished the series yet, but I must say that it's driving me nuts too. I can't wait until they get together! >.<

And yes, Kiyori's laugh is spectacular! Huh ha ha ha!!
Flamewolf119
Flamewolf119
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 pm

i watched the anime first

and then found the manga... and i agree that waiting for the translations to come out is a pain in the butt... -_-;;

highly entertaining :)
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShizuruF Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 pm

It's great! I have seen the anime and read the manga until chapter 43 and the story is getting better!
ShizuruF
ShizuruF
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 56
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:07 pm

(( Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_lg72q03K9D1qbnhwb
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_lg72qoGhXz1qbnhwb
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_lg72r9cfcx1qbnhwb
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_lg72sk4XOO1qbnhwb
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_lg74ipgC8d1qbnhwb

:) Another Sasameki Koto fan on Tumblr reminded me of a nice scene. :3 ))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:22 pm

The manga is finally complete now. There is a total of 8 volumes... making 53 chapters.

Most of it can be downloaded: here
It's unfortunate that some chapters are missing english translations, but I will continue digging when/if I have time. In the meanwhile, the original raws can be found here:

Chapter 47

Chapter 48

Chapter 49

Chapter 50

Chapter 51

Chapter 52
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Empty Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Sasameki Koto

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Sasameki-koto-10b
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 426436_356963707681619_100001039777623_1133184_1780215519_n
(Very gay moment. XD )
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 426135_356964937681496_100001039777623_1133186_336010056_n
(Gee, I wonder...)
Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 420192_357012847676705_100001039777623_1133295_335554340_n
(yuri-licious!? XD)

High school student and openly lesbian, Ushio Kazama (Kazama-chaaaaan~) is into cute; smaller girls. Unaware that her best friend Sumika Murasame had a secret crush on her. Unfortunately it's difficult for Sumika to tell Kazama how she feels because she is not her type at all. Sumika is loud, tall and into martial arts. A tough girl like her doesn't fit the image Kazama is looking for...or so she thinks.

Okay...*sigh*....while I find Sumika to be a good person underneath the exterior that Ushio sees in the beginning, it's kind of hard to like her. She is funny yes, but kind of a spaz for liking. If I had a friend like her around me, I'd be quickly turned off. ^^; Sumi-chan is an awkward person with some real issues with both genders. I find myself liking Hachisuka more as I can relate to her. (I am referring to her as Hachisuka only because I don't want to see Tomoe and tomoe2 comes to mind. ;p )

Sasameki Koto is a hilarious little story with some good messages here and there. Takashi Ikeda wrote a story that lesbian readers can relate to. You can even find some nods to other yuri series in the story, most notably Maria-sama aka Marimite. A lot of my friends (and I'm talking about some of you MM members out there) are a lot like Sumi-chan when fawning over someone, it's almost uncanny. I feel all the characters are a supportive little group (Girls' club!) that we can cheer for. Even the highly annoying (and sexist) Miyako can be forgiven because I think her and Tomoe make a very sweet couple during in their "moments". Oh yeah, she said the greatest quote in the anime version:

Give Chiwa Saito an Oscar for that one.

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 43302110

I first saw this series a long time ago, when Kino Karutta-chan was blabbing about it and I must say, it's worth the watch. If you can handle Sumi's awkwardness, it's a sweet little ride. Not on the level of say, Kashimashi, but just enough to get your juices going. :3

And why do all of Sumi's brothers look like Ryu cosplayers...

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Looks interesting :) I think I'm going to watch it after I finish the two anime I'm currently watching. XD
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Love this and love the manga xD Man I remember when the manga was still ongoing, each chapter was so angsty (and hitting close to home) I feel like chopping onions and press them against my eyeballs from all the agony lol. Now I can't wait to read how the manga ends, I have the raws but nothing beats reading them in english >o<.

And I wish there's a BD version of the anime that I can download from somewhere...

Personally, this > Kashimashi for me >83 but lets not argue about that.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Nagi wrote:Looks interesting :) I think I'm going to watch it after I finish the two anime I'm currently watching. XD

Give it a shot, Nagi. In fact, you can strongly related to what Sumika goes through. ;p You strongly prefer girls, we all know it.

depression76 wrote:Love this and love the manga xD Man I remember when the manga was still ongoing, each chapter was so angsty (and hitting close to home) I feel like chopping onions and press them against my eyeballs from all the agony lol. Now I can't wait to read how the manga ends, I have the raws but nothing beats reading them in english >o<.

And I wish there's a BD version of the anime that I can download from somewhere...

Personally, this > Kashimashi for me >83 but lets not argue about that.

:3 Did you have feelings for someone who wouldn't return them? Now that's hitting close to home! Seriously, this series could of had been a lot more interesting if Sumika and Kazama weren't destined to be together. The opening and closing sequences practically give it away. I don't remember that manga that well, so please refresh my memory if the results were altered. ;_;

Nani? Nobody bothered translating the rest of Sasameki Koto? Sadness. :(
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:08 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Give it a shot, Nagi. In fact, you can strongly related to what Sumika goes through. ;p You strongly prefer girls, we all know it.

oWo You know me too well Luu. I couldn't find a point in your to disagree with.
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
:3 Did you have feelings for someone who wouldn't return them? Now that's hitting close to home! Seriously, this series could of had been a lot more interesting if Sumika and Kazama weren't destined to be together. The opening and closing sequences practically give it away. I don't remember that manga that well, so please refresh my memory if the results were altered. ;_;

Nani? Nobody bothered translating the rest of Sasameki Koto? Sadness. :(

Lol of course xD It hits really close to home thats why this series has a special place in my heart lol. Ah about the red-thread thingy on the opening you mean? But then again the opening/ed could be misleading, I just found the ending to be cute and didn't think too hard of it xD

The manga ends months ago and....well xD in the end--

Spoiler:

can see that coming from miles away but great ending nonethelss xD Don't worry though! The superwoman Ris aka MakiMaki scanlation is scanlating it as we speak >83 WOOTTT!!
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

depression76 wrote:The manga ends months ago and....well xD in the end--

Spoiler:

can see that coming from miles away but great ending nonethelss xD Don't worry though! The superwoman Ris aka MakiMaki scanlation is scanlating it as we speak >83 WOOTTT!!

o_o Boo, it ended the same way we were introduced Miyako and Tomoe. Weren't they the two that Sumika found kissing in the first episode? I forgot. haha.

Omg, you're right! Thanks for letting me know! Sometimes I forget about Ris' other projects. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I love Sasameki Koto. Like. You don't understand.

There's something so impossibly delicious about Sumika's awkwardness and shyness that makes my life. Seriously. And watching her progress to being less awkward and more herself in the manga is so rewarding. Not to mention how cute she looks when she has her little 'fantasies' (I am secretly Sumika is my mind. (sosimilarithurts))

The manga allows for a lot more resolution and some niftier character development and new characters. Lotte anyone?! Gosh I love that little spitfire...and Miyako and Tomoe get more screen time and development. Tomoe is just really awesome and if the mangaka did a spin off all about her I would be a happy girl. No lie.

But Sasameki Koto is always a close series to me, and once you give it a shot I can guarantee that you'll at least get some great laughs from it and quite a few d'awws too. Plus it's got a crossdressing trap like boy who crushes on a lesbian. Not every yuri series can boast having that.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Konaxookami wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

There's something so impossibly delicious about Sumika's awkwardness and shyness that makes my life. Seriously. And watching her progress to being less awkward and more herself in the manga is so rewarding. Not to mention how cute she looks when she has her little 'fantasies' (I am secretly Sumika is my mind. (sosimilarithurts))

The manga allows for a lot more resolution and some niftier character development and new characters. Lotte anyone?! Gosh I love that little spitfire...and Miyako and Tomoe get more screen time and development. Tomoe is just really awesome and if the mangaka did a spin off all about her I would be a happy girl. No lie.

But Sasameki Koto is always a close series to me, and once you give it a shot I can guarantee that you'll at least get some great laughs from it and quite a few d'awws too. Plus it's got a crossdressing trap like boy who crushes on a lesbian. Not every yuri series can boast having that.

I think I understand perfectly after reading your entire post, Kona. >:3

Yeah, the manga is supposed to flesh out the cast a bit more. I'd like to see more of those romantic Miyako and Tomoe moments in the manga. As for Sumika's awkwardness, I can understand being a spaz (you won't survive a day with me), however she is just so over-the-top to the point where she misses out on opportunities. Remember! Her mental antics almost got Aoi's yuri novel completely ruined. But I have to admire the way Sumika handled the situation responsibly, it's that sign of maturity she strangely has. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Sasameki Koto is definitely a series I'd recommend. =]

One of my favorite cute moments from the show is:

Konaxookami wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

The manga allows for a lot more resolution and some niftier character development

But Sasameki Koto is always a close series to me, and once you give it a shot I can guarantee that you'll at least get some great laughs from it and quite a few d'awws too.

I agree completely with KonaXookami's words here. Sasameki Koto is the cutest yuri manga/anime I've ever seen. Hilarious, with just the right amount of drama. I'm currently reading it all the way through for the first time (Earlier this year I read a little of the manga after where the anime left off but had to stop when school started), and plan to watch the anime for the second time after I finish the manga.

Finding her spaz-like moments endearing, I love Sumi as a main character. As for Kazama, I think she's amazing. I'm no spaz (outwardly. That side of me is fairly-well contained), but I can definitely relate to Sumika being completely smitten with Kazama. Shizuru Fujino

Konaxookami wrote:Plus it's got a crossdressing trap like boy who crushes on a lesbian. Not every yuri series can boast having that.

Ah, Akemiya-kun. ^_^ I like him a lot. He's so sweet. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 pm

squeeze Akemiya-kun! cutest boy ever!! ^.^
sasameki koto really sweet shoujo-ai! yuri couples handled with respect in this series, sumika-san awkwardness is just like me! girls get easily flustered luu-sama >//<
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:squeeze Akemiya-kun! cutest boy ever!! ^.^
sasameki koto really sweet shoujo-ai! yuri couples handled with respect in this series, sumika-san awkwardness is just like me! girls get easily flustered luu-sama >//<

Well-said, Ice Silver Crystal! =]

Agreed, Akemiya-kun is very cute. =] He's one of the guys (along with Wapourif and Hazumu and Luu ) who contributes to me being a 5.9 on the Kinsey Scale rather than a perfect 6. ;P

Also, yes, not everybody can be as smooth as you, Luu. ;P

Since you (Luu) suggested it in a previous post, I am seeing many similarities between you and Hachisuka. The likeness is scary (not in a bad way, though) in its validity. Her maturity, kindness, and occasional flirtatiousness remind me very much of conversations I've experienced with you. =] My question is though, could you date a girl like Miyako? ;P

As a side note, I'm getting further into the manga (currently at chapter 36), and fallling in love with loving Kazama even more. X3

Spoiler:

Last edited by MissSoccerNinja on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:and Luu [/strike]) who contributes to me being a 5.9 on the Kinsey Scale rather than a perfect 6. ;P

Also, yes, not everybody can be as smooth as you, Luu. ;P

Are you saying I'm almost as queer as a Fujino?

Obviously not. =)

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Since you (Luu) suggested it in a previous post, I am seeing many similarities between you and Hachisuka. The likeness is scary (not in a bad way, though) in its validity. Her maturity, kindness, and occasional flirtatiousness remind me very much of conversations I've experienced with you. =] My question is though, could you date a girl like Miyako? ;P

*laughs* You're giving me way too much credit here. Sometimes I wish I were even half as good a person as Tomoe.

Date Miyako? She's not really my type, honestly. She sort of has a closed mind to go along with her immaturity. The only satisfaction in my favor is knowing how passionate a lover she can be in private. There was something massively appealing about making love to someone a tad younger, with no experience whatsoever. Tomoe and Miyako obviously make love constantly, you can see their strong feelings for each other during those "together" moments.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Are you saying I'm almost as queer as a Fujino?

Haha, no, I'm saying you have the charm of one. =] (You're not girly at all, but you're charming enough to make a person not care about that. (Like Shizuru turns straight women gay. XD ))

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
The only satisfaction in my favor is knowing how passionate a lover she can be in private. There was something massively appealing about making love to someone a tad younger, with no experience whatsoever. Tomoe and Miyako obviously make love constantly, you can see their strong feelings for each other during those "together" moments.

Haha, I guess I could see the appeal of that. =] True, they do make a very good couple. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm

:0
And I really thought for a second that I didn't made a thread to this manga / anime! Silly me :3
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Haha, no, I'm saying you have the charm of one. =] (You're not girly at all, but you're charming enough to make a person not care about that. (Like Shizuru turns straight women gay. XD )

XD Which she can do rather easily. Thank you for the compliment, Ninja. >:3

---

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Sasame10

The misunderstanding spot is getting old. You're yuri, be a tad more creative. :3

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) 8740210

Look at that sour puss face on Tomoe. Smile man, damn. You're surrounded by girls in bathing suits.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

This is one of the best yuri anime out there >_<

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_m0hgg0eibx1rqqlnfo1_500
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

depression76 wrote:This is one of the best yuri anime out there >_<

Sasameki Koto Discussion (Comedy Yuri) Tumblr_m0hgg0eibx1rqqlnfo1_500

The Sasameki Koto tumblr image is right. The porn ones do draw in more fans, but the sweet ones are generally better and more remembered. Both Sumika Murasame and Ushio Kazama are too much like real people. We may like their hentai doujinshi personas, but it's not the real them. I think if Kazama and Sumiko had sex for the first time, it would be extremely awkward until both find that "comfort zone". Then every following night will be just perfect. Gay Rainbow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next