Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?)

2 posters

Go down

(A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?) Empty (A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?)

Post by Konaxookami Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Only half way through season one and I already want to write fanfiction for these two. gosh darn it I have OTHER STORIES TO WORK ON. But my Dad popped in on me watching some episodes and we made a few observations (besides the obvious 'everyone Gabby tries to hit on will die or leave' or the 'dude he was just in the last episode it's the same actor they can't fool us' or 'wow the subtext is ridiculously borderline not subtext but super super obvious). RIIIIIIIGHT before Xena's about to do some crazy ass shit she makes that NOISE. You know the one I'm talking about. The tongue clicking-y noise. My mom does it sometimes when I'm ski racing. (It's a tad creepy hearing someone else who can do it so well actually) So my dad make a crack about the noise being the signal of DOOM or, bitch better watch out Xena's gonna pull something kickass or physically impossible folks.

Now, if they explain the noise later on in the series then you can ignore this silly thing as Kona being stupid and needing to get with the times. But you just KNOW Gabrielle probably asked about it. So here's my answer for it. Partially because I make noises too when I need to get in the game, but yeah. I'll stop rambling and let y'all read.
--

“Xena?”

It had been a few months now since Gabrielle had started traveling with Xena. She would like to think that in that time she’d gotten to know the famed ‘warrior princess’ a bit better than before. Still though, the woman was an enigma wrapped in a mystery locked in a barrel of who knows what she’s thinking right now. But asking questions always seemed to be a good start when it came to her.

“Yes?” Xena’s back was turned to her, walking a few strides ahead with Argo’s reins in hand.

Gabrielle picked up her pace a bit to fall in stride next to the warrior. “Well. I was just wondering, you know, since it’s sort of confusing and all-” Gabrielle was rambling again, peeking up at the woman while trying to find the right way to phrase her question.

“Gabrielle,” Xena cut her off, raising an eyebrow as she glanced at the girl, “I know there’s a point in there somewhere, right?”

“Right,” Gabrielle nodded, and paused before giving it a shot, “Why do you make those weird sounds where you fight?”

Xena stopped, and Gabrielle was almost nervous she’d asked something too farfetched for once. Xena blinked, and then cleared her throat, “What?”

“You know,” Gabrielle gestured with her hands and tried imitating the sound she’d heard so often, “That sound,”

“Oh.” Xena dropped Argo’s reins and crossed her arms over her chest and frowned, “It’s not exactly easy to explain. By the way, I sound nothing like that,” she tacked on, earning a eye roll from the younger girl.

“Well, after you do it you always pull one of those…” there were some more wild gestures from Gabrielle’s hands, “Crazy acrobatic stunts or like, a really cool sword move!”

Xena chuckled and handed Gabrielle Argo’s reins, “Okay,” she walked a few paces away and drew her sword, “Think of it this way. Have you ever needed to get yourself to do something you normally can’t?”

“Yes, all the time,” Gabrielle answered quickly, “It’s happened much more often with you around,” she added, earning a dry chuckle.

“Alright. Well, when I was younger someone taught me something,” she spun her sword around in her hand and took a stance, “You can accomplish anything you need to do as long as you focus,” she spun around, sword arcing above her head in a deadly dance. The war cry Gabrielle had become so accustomed to ripped from Xena’s throat and the woman was suddenly in the air, body twirling before landing gracefully, sword brandished pointing towards Gabrielle in a move that made the girl start back.

“That sound, or rather my war cry is my way of telling myself I can accomplish anything. It gets me…” Xena paused, relaxing and swinging her sword back into its sheath, “Psyched up and ready to attempt anything,”

Gabrielle nodded, “So…it’s not like it’s magic or anything? Just noise?”

Xena smirked, taking the reins back from her hands, “Just noise and willpower,” she confirmed, amusement sparkling in the sharp blue eyes.

Gabrielle frowned, resuming her pace as Xena tugged Argo forward, “Well! That takes the mystery out of that…” she sighed, “That doesn’t make for good storytelling! I mean, it’s not really fair that you do all those things by just making a noise with your tongue.”

Xena laughed, a grin painting across her lips, “Why’s that unfair?”

“Because no normal person can make that noise like that I mean really Xena,” Gabrielle rolled her eyes again and glanced to her friend whose grin only widened.

“Oh yes, that’s because I have a very talented tongue Gabrielle,” Xena explained, a wicked glint in her eyes.

The comment made Gabrielle freeze in her place, mouth agape as Xena and Argo kept walking, Xena’s quiet chuckles following them. Gabrielle stood there stunned, blinking furiously before Xena called back to her, “You coming or what?”

Gabrielle shook her head furiously to rid herself of Xena’s teasing and made chase after her friend, “That’s so not fair Xena! I mean come on!” she caught pace and there was a pregnant pause, “…What exactly do you mean by talented tongue anyways?”

Xena’s laughter was her only answer.

--

the urge to name this 'Xena has a talented tongue' was almost overwhelming by the way.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

(A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?) Empty Re: (A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:57 pm

*attempts to stop laughing*

That tongue line got me so hard.

Excellent job on your first Xena fanfic, I'm amazed how well you captured the chemistry between Lawless and O'Connor. First time Xena writers normally feel them out (...) before getting the hang of their gay-ish palsy walsy quirkiness.

Keep it up, Kona! Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

(A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?) Empty Re: (A Xena Drabble)Asking Questions (subtext is lovely yes?)

Post by Konaxookami Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:*attempts to stop laughing*

That tongue line got me so hard.

Excellent job on your first Xena fanfic, I'm amazed how well you captured the chemistry between Lawless and O'Connor. First time Xena writers normally feel them out (...) before getting the hang of their gay-ish palsy walsy quirkiness.

Keep it up, Kona! Arika Yumemiya

You have no idea how much I was looking forward to the tongue line Luu. No. Idea. I basically sat at my desk and giggled like a fool for ten minutes after writing it.

Phew! I'm glad I got their chemistry though. I've always liked Lucy Lawless. Something about them EYES. Glad I could do these two a little justice. YOU CAN EXPECT MORE MY FRIEND.

And Callisto? That is one creepy chick. One. Creepy. Chick. Now I understand why you think pairing her with Gabby or Xena would be so funny/crazy. I don't think I could handle all that crazy. No sir. x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down