Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you learn from Mai HiME?

+11
Highman
IlliterateKoi
Bluholic711
ZoomxMatt
hildebrant
Veronica-Searrs
MidnightPersona
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
PrincessMai94
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you learn from Mai HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 pm

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya wrote:psycho=Natsuki

:shock: Why do you think this? Natsuki is anything BUT a psycho. lol!

Congrats on becoming a HiME Ranger btw. X3 100 posts!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you learn from Mai HiME?

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya wrote:psycho=Natsuki

:shock: Why do you think this? Natsuki is anything BUT a psycho. lol!

Congrats on becoming a HiME Ranger btw. X3 100 posts!

SORRY AND THANX
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 pm

I kinda learned that sacrifices have to be made before things got better :/
sad yeah, it's the impression i got from Tokiha-san.
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Good one, Megan. Mai is an example of putting up with everything life throws at you. The dark clouds will eventually clear, you just have to roll with the punches. Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:12 pm

All I know I've learned from My-HiME.

Well, maybe not directly, but I can associate everything with HiME. It's a way of life for me. Without My-HiME things such as my breakup with my evil ex-fiance and other life events would've turned out worse.

HiME teaches me something new each time I watch it, and every times I feel like i've accomplished something.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Well, I can say that I learned a lot. Can’t live without this anime which actually made (and still do) some changes in my life. I tend to watch every day, and like MidnightPersona have said, it teaches me something new every time I watch it.

Well, love is something essential and powerful, but it hurts and can lead us to tough paths. From love, is born the hate and all other feelings. But we must not get carried away. There are no achievements without the scars of that indescribable desire that leads us to a relentless search for peace within and that makes us take steps forward.

Anyway, I found part of me, the part that was buried in anguish and loneliness. I began to show greater respect for the different forms of love, since I'm not 100% hetero. Love is love. Well, I'll share these thoughts with you... Because I have learned much more than that.
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:31 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:Well, I can say that I learned a lot. Can’t live without this anime which actually made (and still do) some changes in my life. I tend to watch every day, and like MidnightPersona have said, it teaches me something new every time I watch it.

Well, love is something essential and powerful, but it hurts and can lead us to tough paths. From love, is born the hate and all other feelings. But we must not get carried away. There are no achievements without the scars of that indescribable desire that leads us to a relentless search for peace within and that makes us take steps forward.

Anyway, I found part of me, the part that was buried in anguish and loneliness. I began to show greater respect for the different forms of love, since I'm not 100% hetero. Love is love. Well, I'll share these thoughts with you... Because I have learned much more than that.

Yeah, Raven made a lot of good points and so did you. There's a strong theme of love in the series. Love itself can be wonderful or hurt worse than the deepest wound, but as Natsuki Kuga taught me that forgiveness and understanding can heal everything. That to me is the greatest lesson the Mai-Series could ever teach a viewer.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

what have I learned from this series? Well here we go:

* If you're a guy, never trust anything you hear from a woman named Julia no matter how nice she sounds

* The Art Teacher, Student Council Vice President and little kid with the ashen white hair are not to be trusted and are as shifty as it comes

* That it sucks to be male when on this island at all times.

* Haruka will never attain Shizuru's title no matter how hard she tries

* To never go anywhere on this island with anything less than a knife on your person at all times.

* If you see a girl with pink, tentacled like hair, be nice to her at all times, she'll go as far out of her way to kill you if given the chance. Failing that, run as far away as possible if you see a girl in white clothing

* The service at LindenBaum restaurant sucks

* to Never give Mikoto Minagi any spicey food at any point in time

* That the kendo team might as well be disbanded given how little everyone cares about it

* that no matter how much artillery you bring to the island, you will be owned by a bunch of magical girls

* That dying is always scary

Well that's all I've got, sure there are probably others

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 pm

hildebrant wrote:If you're a guy, never trust anything you hear from a woman named Julia no matter how nice she sounds

:) "Julia" is always too eager to get close with us guys, even though she only met us through emails/message boards. I don't go for that. :) I'm more into teasing grumpy girls with no social life. Natsuki Kuga
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoomxMatt Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:43 pm

What I Learn In Mai Hime Is That Love Can Make People Do Crazy Stuff

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 3317115381
ZoomxMatt
ZoomxMatt
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 1
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:59 pm

ZoomxMatt wrote:What I Learn In Mai Hime Is That Love Can Make People Do Crazy Stuff

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 3317115381

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 PDVD_096

No objections here...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:23 pm

1.Always be honest with yourself.

2.Don't blame your problems on someone else (Yes, I'm talking about you Mai Tokiha!)

3. You must believe in the power of love and friendship! (Opps, wrong anime) Usagi

4. Your friends will be there to support you.

5. Talk about your problems
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:3. You must believe in the power of love and friendship! (Opps, wrong anime) Usagi

Usagi and Arika have no much in common, just sayin'.

1. Always be honest with yourself.

Mai Tokiha dislikes your comment. Mai Tokiha
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Too bad melon girl! Muahahaha! :twisted:

Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 pm

What did it teach me?

That looks can be deiciving, and that handsome, charming men *coughReitocough* are usually not as good as they seem...though I already knew this ¬.¬

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I also learnt that an animated character could make me feel less alone than an actual person. HiME came along just when I needed it to, god knows things could have ended so much worse for me if it hadn't, and it will always be important to me because of that <3
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:What did it teach me?

That looks can be deiciving, and that handsome, charming men *coughReitocough* are usually not as good as they seem...though I already knew this ¬.¬

What did you learn from Mai HiME? - Page 2 Nanabird

IlliterateKoi wrote:At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I also learnt that an animated character could make me feel less alone than an actual person. HiME came along just when I needed it to, god knows things could have ended so much worse for me if it hadn't, and it will always be important to me because of that <3

It's obvious how rooted Mai-HiME was into reality. So much in fact that it practically dealt with every personal issue a young person goes through. Depression, confusion, jealousy, falling in love, etc. We have all been in the shoes of the Mai-HiME cast at one point or another. I the outcome may help the viewer find a solution in life, then the series has done it's job.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 pm

6. Burn my dread! (yes, that is a Persona 3 song reference)
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

It's obvious how rooted Mai-HiME was into reality. So much in fact that it practically dealt with every personal issue a young person goes through. Depression, confusion, jealousy, falling in love, etc. We have all been in the shoes of the Mai-HiME cast at one point or another. I the outcome may help the viewer find a solution in life, then the series has done it's job.

It was characters that counted the most not the story. They all their roles as HiME's through life,pain and happiness. Really wished it never took itself seriously for the story and let it play out.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Highman wrote:It was characters that counted the most not the story. They all their roles as HiME's through life,pain and happiness. Really wished it never took itself seriously for the story and let it play out.

I don't know about that. Mai-HiME was so rooted in realism (technically speaking), that when you look back on it today, it's what separates itself from the rest of it's incarnations. Mai-Otome was a traditional good vs. evil story while Mai-HiME had shades of grey all over it. That is why Shizuru's actions are debated in Burton vs. Nolan style even to this day. Still, I prefer Mai-Otome by far. There was something more uplifting about the story with a central character whose idealistic views saved an entire planet by ending a destiny that Maria said couldn't be reversed.

In your language:

Arika Yumemiya = John Cena

Only more talented, entertaining, can actually fight and is legit. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Always enjoy high school life to the fullest.

Don't ever go to some famous academy stranded in an island in the middle of nowhere japan, whose chairman is actually recruiting demon killing teenage girls and hiding a battle royale tournament secret.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Don't ever go to some famous academy stranded in an island in the middle of nowhere japan, whose chairman is actually recruiting demon killing teenage girls and hiding a battle royale tournament secret.

I dunno, blu! You make it sound so exciting, I have no choice but to pack my bags and enroll myself in Fuuka. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Oh nose!
Don't do it, Luu! lol!

But yeah, you can say I've learned a few things from Mai-hime.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:It was characters that counted the most not the story. They all their roles as HiME's through life,pain and happiness. Really wished it never took itself seriously for the story and let it play out.

I don't know about that. Mai-HiME was so rooted in realism (technically speaking), that when you look back on it today, it's what separates itself from the rest of it's incarnations. Mai-Otome was a traditional good vs. evil story while Mai-HiME had shades of grey all over it. That is why Shizuru's actions are debated in Burton vs. Nolan style even to this day. Still, I prefer Mai-Otome by far. There was something more uplifting about the story with a central character whose idealistic views saved an entire planet by ending a destiny that Maria said couldn't be reversed.

In your language:

Arika Yumemiya = John Cena

Only more talented, entertaining, can actually fight and is legit. Arika Yumemiya

Wouldn't say I agree but you and me getting the whole picture right. Both HiME and Otome had good vs evil. For the HiME's it was against themselves then Obisidian Prince. Otome had world healing itself when corruption,war and truth about Princess of Windbloom and technology of Dark Harmonium's power how it's inflicting Earl and relates to the HiME series(not declared yet).

Sunrise did well on both series Otome did more than HiME by default in. I stand my ground to that fact Mai-characters were interesting for Otome sake, the misc secondary were awesome, Laura,Carla,Rosalie,Miss Maria and the rest. Miss Maria was an exceptional fine old lady with finesse and firmer than ever. Till that mausoleum episode really showed Arika determination and challenge to Maria or something else.

Luu, If Arika legit than why she can't do more than five moves unless she has less move set. Mai Tokiha

Mai agrees Mai Tokiha and Lena is disappoint

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 am

I learned that Fuuka island is the most dangerous place on earth and should be avoided at all costs
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:48 am

hildebrant wrote:I learned that Fuuka island is the most dangerous place on earth and should be avoided at all costs

Fuuka is the most dangerous place on Earth

Spoiler:
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next