Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains

4 posters

Go down

Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains Empty Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains

Post by SulliMike23 Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Thinking on the subject I brought up in the fanfic/fanart ideas thread, I decided to start this and ask everyone what superheroes/supervillains all of the Mai Hime/Otome characters would be. Everyone from Mai to Arika and so on as different Superheroes or villains from your favorite comic books, movies, tv shows, video games, manga, etc.

To start things off, I'll start with one character who I think would take her role as a superhero to great lengths and would hardly ever see the fine line between a hero and a villain. I'm talking about Haruka of course.

Out of all of the superheroes out there, I think she would make an excellent Green Lantern. I mean let's face it, Haruka is very outspoken, unafraid to let people know what's on her mind and let her actions speak for themselves. She always sticks up for Yukino and would take the brunt of anything that happens to her and not let any harm come to her. But most important of all, which is the quality needed to be a Green Lantern, she's got a VERY strong will.

How she would become a Green Lantern is anyone's guess, but I think that if she had her hands on a Green Lantern power ring, she'd give the Searrs Foundation what for. Heck, I think the HIMEs would be the only ones to give her a run for her money, especially that Bubuzuke woman.

And speaking of everyone's favorite naginata swinging Kyoto resident, there's only ONE hero/villain organization she would be perfect for: the Star Sapphires. The Star Sapphires are among the characters that the Green Lanterns often face because for Star Sapphires their allegience is mostly towards the ones they love and would go through great lengths for, even kill. We all know how Shizuru went on a rampage in her moment of insanity because of her love for Natsuki, since she did claim she did it all for her precious Natsuki.

So imagine if Haruka got what she wanted and actually got to fight Shizuru as a Star Sapphire and herself as a Green Lantern; I think Fuuka's gonna need another new bridge.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains Empty Re: Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am

I can't disagree with that, Sulli. I must say Haruka as a Green Lantern is the best idea.

One I have thought of for a little while is the Teen Titans.

Basically, Nina as Raven. Arika as Starfire. Erstin as BeastBoy. Mashiro as Robin. Tomoe as Cyborg.

Maybe that's just me. -.-; xD

Oh~ And Slade would, of course, be Nagi.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains Empty Re: Mai Hime/Otome Characters as Superheroes/Supervillains

Post by SulliMike23 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

MidnightPersona wrote:I can't disagree with that, Sulli. I must say Haruka as a Green Lantern is the best idea.

Basically, Nina as Raven. Arika as Starfire. Erstin as BeastBoy. Mashiro as Robin. Tomoe as Cyborg.

I knew you'd agree with me there.

As for your Teen Titans idea, I can agree that Nina would be good as Raven and Rika as Starfire, I just can't see Erstin as Beast Boy, Mashiro as Robin, or Tomoe as cyborg. Heck, I think Tomoe is better off as a Star Sapphire because of her obsession over Shizuru. I just can't picture snotty little Mashiro as Robin in Teen Titans.

The Teen Titans Robin is more like his mentor Batman in personality and everything. Sure he can still be a teenager, but he's more like Batman from what I've seen and I just don't think Mashiro is the perfect idea for him. However, I can easily see either Natsuki or Nina as Robin or one of our favorite Bat heroes (Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing).

Arika, I think, could also pass as Beast Boy (or Beast Girl in this case) mostly because of her personality being a close match to Beast Boy's. On the other hand, now that I think about it, I think Mikoto would be better off as Beast Boy. They have the same kind of child-like personalities and love for animals. But Arika's insatiable curiosity would definitely make her perfect as Starfire.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

SulliMike23 wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:I can't disagree with that, Sulli. I must say Haruka as a Green Lantern is the best idea.

As for your Teen Titans idea, I can agree that Nina would be good as Raven and Rika as Starfire, I just can't see Erstin as Beast Boy, Mashiro as Robin, or Tomoe as cyborg. Heck, I think Tomoe is better off as a Star Sapphire because of her obsession over Shizuru. I just can't picture snotty little Mashiro as Robin in Teen Titans.

The Teen Titans Robin is more like his mentor Batman in personality and everything. Sure he can still be a teenager, but he's more like Batman from what I've seen and I just don't think Mashiro is the perfect idea for him. However, I can easily see either Natsuki or Nina as Robin or one of our favorite Bat heroes (Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing).

Arika, I think, could also pass as Beast Boy (or Beast Girl in this case) mostly because of her personality being a close match to Beast Boy's. On the other hand, now that I think about it, I think Mikoto would be better off as Beast Boy. They have the same kind of child-like personalities and love for animals. But Arika's insatiable curiosity would definitely make her perfect as Starfire.

To be honest, I was going more with what I thought would be cute power-wise. Truth be told, you didn't SAY it had to fit personality, ;D So I based it off who I felt would fit with the powers/abilities and that's how I made my choices.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:42 am

MidnightPersona wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:

To be honest, I was going more with what I thought would be cute power-wise. Truth be told, you didn't SAY it had to fit personality, ;D So I based it off who I felt would fit with the powers/abilities and that's how I made my choices.
Well, I suppose that's good too, but sometimes personality can play a key role in making certain characters into superheroes.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:47 am

SulliMike23 wrote:Well, I suppose that's good too, but sometimes personality can play a key role in making certain characters into superheroes.

Yes, but the point could be argued there should ONLY be ONE Green lanturn then, not a whole corps. You can't say Haruka is at ALL like any already made GL's. Like Shizuru is no pre-made SS. The personality only dictates what they DO with a power, not the power itself. You can have Reito as Superman for example, and Reito was clearly a HiME villian or, hell, Tate as Joker. You gotta get specific on either the power and personality fit, just power, or just personality. Cuz, Haruka cannot be a GL if you base it on the pre-existing Earth Lanterns personalities cuz... Haruka is Haruka. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:48 am

MidnightPersona wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:Well, I suppose that's good too, but sometimes personality can play a key role in making certain characters into superheroes.

Yes, but the point could be argued there should ONLY be ONE Green lanturn then, not a whole corps. You can't say Haruka is at ALL like any already made GL's. Like Shizuru is no pre-made SS. The personality only dictates what they DO with a power, not the power itself. You can have Reito as Superman for example, and Reito was clearly a HiME villian or, hell, Tate as Joker. You gotta get specific on either the power and personality fit, just power, or just personality. Cuz, Haruka cannot be a GL if you base it on the pre-existing Earth Lanterns personalities cuz... Haruka is Haruka. xD
I guess that makes sense.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am

SulliMike23 wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:

I guess that makes sense.

That's my job, making sense and pushing your brain to it's limits! *hugs*
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 am

haha, cool. i actually wanted to draw some HiME/heroes crossovers.
actually i have four thing sin mind:

haruka as thor:
i watched the movie with the blonde guy (i don't remember the name of the actor^^; ) with his hammer, armor and red coat, the head-through-wall-attitude and one thought crossed my mind: haruka!

nao as spider(wo)man:
well i don't think i really have to explain this. the web design of her otome robe was a reason, too. and she looks so much better with this web-look!

natsuki as wolverine:
lone wolf personality, trusting issues, piss off attitude, and so on...
i think she would fit as a wolverine, and the claw thing would be pretty cool on her ^^

shizuru as iron (wo)man:
rich, intelligent, womanizer and hell wouldn't she look hot in such an iron-battly-suit-thing?!

and a meeting between all of them would be like:
Armitage a snotty woman with an armor. take it off what are you then?
Viola ara... nacked! *innocent smile*
Armitage *dumbfounded*
Zhang *snicker*
Gakuenchou *bluches at the imagination*

(okay, the scene comes from the avengers trailer and i just lend and changed it a little.)
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:haha, cool. i actually wanted to draw some HiME/heroes crossovers.
actually i have four thing sin mind:

haruka as thor:
i watched the movie with the blonde guy (i don't remember the name of the actor^^; ) with his hammer, armor and red coat, the head-through-wall-attitude and one thought crossed my mind: haruka!

nao as spider(wo)man:
well i don't think i really have to explain this. the web design of her otome robe was a reason, too. and she looks so much better with this web-look!

natsuki as wolverine:
lone wolf personality, trusting issues, piss off attitude, and so on...
i think she would fit as a wolverine, and the claw thing would be pretty cool on her ^^

shizuru as iron (wo)man:
rich, intelligent, womanizer and hell wouldn't she look hot in such an iron-battly-suit-thing?!

and a meeting between all of them would be like:
Armitage a snotty woman with an armor. take it off what are you then?
Viola ara... nacked! *innocent smile*
Armitage *dumbfounded*
Zhang *snicker*
Gakuenchou *bluches at the imagination*

(okay, the scene comes from the avengers trailer and i just lend and changed it a little.)
Excellent choices!
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 pm

I see Natsuki more as X-23, heck she even looks like Natsuki when it comes down to it.

I've heard people say that the Otome cast's robes looked like American comic book outfits, with some people comparing Lena's outfit to Batman's

anyways, my contributions to the topic, and trying to play nice about it.

Mai as Firestar: Red hair, pyrokinetic abilities and the ability to fly. Sounds right up Mai's alley to me.

Akira as Cassandra Cain: Young, naive ninja girl who has been raised to be a killer but is gradually trying to become more open and more human despite her rough upbringing

Natsuki as The Punisher: A traumatic event as a young age puts both Frank and Natsuki without the only family they had and from there they both take up a mantle of vengeance and vow to take their revenge out on the people using massive amounts of firepower or at least firearms to get the job done.

I'm sure there are others, but nothing's coming to me at the moment. I'd like to think of some characters for the guys but that'll be for another time. Everyone's thoughts? I also apologize for mentioning something like this in a previous post

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down