Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NatNao, ShizNatNao, ShizNao... why it really doesn't make sense.

+9
Amaya
she-ga-roo
Yuri-hime
Blackfang64
CaptainVonCookie
Luu Sky Sapphire
Ice Silver Crystal
Cheshire Kat
MidnightPersona
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NatNao - NatNao, ShizNatNao, ShizNao... why it really doesn't make sense. - Page 2 Empty Re: NatNao, ShizNatNao, ShizNao... why it really doesn't make sense.

Post by Moneypenny Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Amaya wrote:But since Sunrise also made HiME into a lovey-dovey anime where everything's fine at the end it is hard to tell what of the characters is real. To me it often seems they didn't think a lot about the interactions and just used them as they needed them.
This. I had that impression too. It's been a while since I watched the anime hence the only examples that come to my mind right now are about Natsuki. More precisely the karaoke scene, the underwear scene and the blushing-because-of-Takeda-scenes. Honestly, if Natsuki would be that tough solitary biker chick that Sunrise apparently wanted her to be at the beginning, but failed to do so, she wouldn't let herself dress up like that in the karaoke bar, she wouldn't cry about her underwear and she wouldn't blush because of Takeda. She would just don't give a damn to all of this, probably plant her fist in Takedas face without crying out and blushing furiously and go on with her business. So, some things are just there, because Sunrise went with the flow of a scene and wanted to make a good joke/drama out of it - no more, no less. But because we see these scenes it is canon no matter how contradictory the characteristics are. And that applies to a lot of characters in the series, not only to Natsuki.

That's why I find things like that
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Yuuki – asexual
Kuga – pansexual
Fujino – raging lesbian
Mai – pansexual
a little irritating. Except for Shizuru and Mai there's no proof or hint what the sexuality of Natsuki and Nao could be, because it is neither shown nor mentioned in the series - I'm talking about Mai-HiME not Otome. They could be everything, if you want to label them so badly. Therefore fans should just stop labeling anything and everything and stop seeing their labeling as the ultimate canonly truth, when there's no clue about it.

With that said, if people like the idea of NatNao/ShizNatNao/ShizNao it's totally fine. Personally I can't see ShizNao happening and NatNao only if it's well written and developed. ShizNatNao is just good for smut, in my opinion. I just like good ol' ShizNat the best. And here comes the important thing and what everybody should keep in mind: You don't have to read stories where they are paired up with another character. As far as I'm concerned most of the authors mention the pairing either in the summary or in author notes. Don't like it? Don't read it.

Just my 2 cents to this whole topic.
Moneypenny
Moneypenny
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 33
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

NatNao - NatNao, ShizNatNao, ShizNao... why it really doesn't make sense. - Page 2 Empty Re: NatNao, ShizNatNao, ShizNao... why it really doesn't make sense.

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 pm

i believe in complete creative freedom for series we watch. i get that feeling here for sure.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 pm

(post deleted)

Last edited by MissSoccerNinja on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51 am

Moneypenny wrote:And here comes the important thing and what everybody should keep in mind: You don't have to read stories where they are paired up with another character. As far as I'm concerned most of the authors mention the pairing either in the summary or in author notes. Don't like it? Don't read it.

In the wise words of Dutch from Black Lagoon: Rah rah, hallelujah, peanut butter! XDD Truer words were never said; don't like it? Don't read it.

MissSoccerNinja wrote:How likely is it for somebody to be asexual? Even if she is very messed up psychologically, Nao doesn't appear to have any psychological problems which would prevent her from being a fairly typical person (she doesn't appear to have asocial personality disorder or anything of the sort), who is capable of being attracted to somebody.

.... Okay, I know you didn't mean that in an offensive way. I know, but I have a friend who's asexual and I can't help but feel a little miffed after reading that. I'm going to briefly explain what asexual is, as what my friend told me. Again, this is not an attack, but a "The more you know~ -rainbow-" thing.

Asexual means not being attracted to anyone physically. They can still feel love for someone and attracted to them, but not physically. Saying Nao is asexual means she could still love Natsuki with all her heart, but doesn't physically have sex. (That said, I'm more of a Nao/Mikoto shipper myself. XD) Being asexual isn't a psychological problem just like being homosexual isn't a psychological problem.

Again, this is not an attack, it just hurts a bit when someone calls asexual or homosexual something along the lines as a "mental illness." It's a trigger for me and I'm very protective of my friends.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:11 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:.... Okay, I know you didn't mean that in an offensive way. I know, but I have a friend who's asexual and I can't help but feel a little miffed after reading that. I'm going to briefly explain what asexual is, as what my friend told me. Again, this is not an attack, but a "The more you know~ -rainbow-" thing.

Asexual means not being attracted to anyone physically. They can still feel love for someone and attracted to them, but not physically. Saying Nao is asexual means she could still love Natsuki with all her heart, but doesn't physically have sex. (That said, I'm more of a Nao/Mikoto shipper myself. XD) Being asexual isn't a psychological problem just like being homosexual isn't a psychological problem.

Again, this is not an attack, it just hurts a bit when someone calls asexual or homosexual something along the lines as a "mental illness." It's a trigger for me and I'm very protective of my friends.

Sorry for offending you. I really didn't mean to sound so ignorant. My awkwardly, socialy-inept, scientific/inquisitive/clinical brain and view on life gets me in trouble sometimes (like this), because it comes off as judgemental rather than being curious and interested. As I've said before, I don't see any type of sexuality as wrong or bad in any way. I sincerely apologize for offending you with my question. It was merely inquisitive, not meaning to be judgemental in any way.

I deleted post to prevent further confusion

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Alright guys, calm yourselves.

Wording can be an issue for everyone. We all know (and if you don't you will now) That I am horrible with words. I've pissed people off due to people assuming my tone/meaning, but that also means I need to make an effort to explain myself more. Sometimes people like Ookamidesu, Rockzann, and Twi can jump in and explain what I'm thinking and make me look less like an ass, but it would also help if others didn't get defensive. But we're all human, k?

Now, if anyone gets offended in the future, don't assume some things off the bat and try to ask the person via PM what they meant. If they are negative in the PM approach a column (I promise you I'll take care of it) because, in this situation, the original post could've been edited to sound better and it could have been discussed better.

We're suppose to be friends, guys, act like it please. Difference of opinion is fine, inquiring is fine, but don't assume someones tone/meaning. Ask first. And if you're known to me misunderstood (like me and Haruka Suzushiro :p) re-read your posts.

Now, on with the topic.

I have nothing against people fantasizing, my issue is people trying to claim These pairs as canon (which they try) and as Weto pointed out in another topic, Sunrise did confirm HaruKino as a pairing after the series, MaiTate as well.

Now, I need to re-read this topic, since due to certain things I've been mentally absent, but I'm back in full force. Now... with that said.

I WILL LOVE AND TOLERATE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU THE BRONY WAY AND I EXPECT THE SAME OF Y'ALL!

:3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2