Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion

+5
shezaei-neko
MidnightPersona
Luu Sky Sapphire
Valkyria Lightning
Yuri-hime
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Empty General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion

Post by Yuri-hime Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:25 pm

This thread is for all things wonderful and awesome about Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2! final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Boogie

I have loved Final Fantasy 13, it's story, and especially it's characters since the minute I first started playing the game! =D

I loved it so hard that it is the only RPG I have ever started replaying (which I am doing now in preparation for Final Fantasy 13-2 coming out on January 31st, 2012! final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion A_spaz

So, it's the first rpg I've ever decided to replay because when I rp, I am an rp 'perfectionist' =p
I have never clocked in less than 80 hrs for any rpg I've played, and this dates back to the Playstation 1 days final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Happy

When I rp, I go after unlocking everything lol. I go after ultimate weapons, special unlockable characters, special hidden items, 100% game completion (which I achieved with FF X-2, which enables you to unlock all 3 'Secret Movies' final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Wink-1

So, when I finish playing an rpg, I like to feel satisfied I did *everything* I possibly could, maxed out my charrys with endless hours of fun training, and fully enjoyed my rp gaming experience. So, when I say that Final Fantasy 13 is the only rpg I've ever played that has made me actually want to replay it, that's saying a lot for how awesomtastic this game truly is! :D

And as for pairing ships for the game, of course it has to be Lightning/Fang for me final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion A_dance

The two of them are gorgeous, and are even more so together~ final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Wink-1

But that doesn't mean I don't like/love the rest of the characters! ^.^

Sazh is awesome. Love him to pieces, along with his lil 'cheep cheep' baby Chocobo friend~ =D
Snow, while annoying at first, slowly grows under your skin, and unlike many in the fandom I do not hate him ^^
Hope, I also found him quite annoying at the start, but I liked the kid by the end, and once again do not hate him like many in the fandom do =p
Vanille, the first time I played the game I wasn't really feeling her much, and have only really started to appreciate her during my second playthrough now~ =3
Serah, wasn't a playable charry in the FF 13, so my feelings on her are ambivalent. We'll see how she is when FF 13-2 rolls out, and we can actually play as her =3

And for the final part of my long lil post here, I'd like to share my latest Fang/Lighting fanfics with you guys~ =D

It's been well over a year since I last posted fanfiction for this awesome pairing, but replaying the game, and chatting with other fans like Narsi have really re-awakened my love for this pairing and fandom~ ^.^ <3

Hope you guys like! =3

Precious Moments~

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion

Post by Valkyria Lightning Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Since I didn't post the drabbles on FF.net yet, I will put them in here :)

--

Title: Possession
Number of words: 100
Content: Flight

---

Fang shifted lightly in bed, enjoying the cool whiff of air on bare skin. Emerald colored eyes scanned the lithe forms next to her.

To the Oerban beauty, it had been a shame. Skin as white as porcelain, hidden under a blanket and clothes; why couldn’t her partner sleep naked, just like her, she thought to herself with a silent huff.

With an upcoming grin, her fingers crawled along the hindrance, pulling it away to gloat over that marvelously carved shoulder. Fang’s lips settled down on snow-white landscape, leaving the faintest of kisses.

Possessive? Well… maybe. She couldn’t help it.

---

Title: Tease

---

“Stop it… it’s annoying…”

Steel-blue eyes met emerald ones in irritation. Lightning had tolerated Fang’s poking-antics for quite a while, but by the time, she clearly ran out of patience. However, the tall woman sitting next to her on the couch didn’t seem to be affected by her lover’s upcoming aggressions. Instead, she went on with her tactic, poking the soldier’s sides once more.

“Sunshin~ee?”, she purred lasciviously.

The pink-haired woman jerked at the touch and sensual voice, facing her counterpart and gritting her teeth.

“…WHAT?”

Fang showed a broad grin, nudging the woman’s nose tip teasingly.

“…I love you!”
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion

Post by Yuri-hime Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:50 pm

These are amazing! Please to hurry and put them up on FFnet so I can review them there as well! =D

Narsilia wrote:
Title: Possession

---

Fang shifted lightly in bed, enjoying the cool whiff of air on bare skin. Emerald colored eyes scanned the lithe forms next to her.

To the Oerban beauty, it had been a shame. Skin as white as porcelain, hidden under a blanket and clothes; why couldn’t her partner sleep naked, just like her, she thought to herself with a silent huff.

With an upcoming grin, her fingers crawled along the hindrance, pulling it away to gloat over that marvelously carved shoulder. Fang’s lips settled down on snow-white landscape, leaving the faintest of kisses.

Possessive? Well… maybe. She couldn’t help it.
Very beautiful, and eloquent and with only 100 words you've managed the capture the sensual beauty of this marvelous pairing~
Also love 'Fang possessiveness' ;3

Narsilia wrote:
Title: Tease

---

“Stop it… it’s annoying…”

Steel-blue eyes met emerald ones in irritation. Lightning had tolerated Fang’s poking-antics for quite a while, but by the time, she clearly ran out of patience. However, the tall woman sitting next to her on the couch didn’t seem to be affected by her lover’s upcoming aggressions. Instead, she went on with her tactic, poking the soldier’s sides once more.

“Sunshin~ee?”, she purred lasciviously.

The pink-haired woman jerked at the touch and sensual voice, facing her counterpart and gritting her teeth.

“…WHAT?”

Fang showed a broad grin, nudging the woman’s nose tip teasingly.

“…I love you!”
Lol, this was playful and sweet. Loved it! =3

Now go post to FFnet so many others can read and enjoy these awesome lil drabbles! =D

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Lightning FF13

CHIBI LIGHTNING!

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

Yes, Light-sama is part of the MM emoticon line up. A little treat for myself mixed with a thank you to Narsilia for all her contributions throughout 2011. :)

I love Final Fantasy XIII and eagerly await the second game early next year. I would copy and paste my massive review for the game that I did a long time ago, but I can't find which forum I posted it too. ;_; If I can't find it, I'll review both FF13 and it's sequel on the same day.

Lightning is easily my favorite character in the game. Not to much as an object of affection, but more like a badass heroine with barriers to her personality. She knows who she is and is a tough shell to crack at times. Plus as a leader, there is no equal. Second would be Jihl Nabaat, a great villainess who wasn't used properly by Square-Enix. Nabaat had the look of Quistis with the ruthlessness of Ultimecia...and yet they ended her arc in a most sour way. Shame. ;_;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:44 pm

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *__* IT'S A LIGHTNING! Lightning FF13 I love you man ;___;

--

SO! after drinking Absinthe today, I showed up some tendencies to be a wise-ass. Wanna know why? There it comes:

---

My insight on Vanille, Fang, and some other stuff, copied from ze facebookz:

Valkyria Lightning: yeah, The sunshine-thing wasn't directly intended, that much I can say. But it's quite a word to tease Lightning, and I decided to get away from that term for a while (don't want to become someone who uses this FREQUENTLY ^^; it's something that annoys me in other fics, so - shouldn't overdo it).

I think that Fang has a very loving side to those she cares about. There's so much more inside her, and giving her necklace must be the biggest sign of love/trust her partner deserves. Poor Vanille. She got outdone O_o; daaaaa~mn. Same goes to Lightning being a christmas-hater. But that comes mostly from having no real family to share it with. Her focus was mostly on Serah and she celebrated it with her because her little sis looks like the type being all giddy and happy about a christmas-tree and stuff uu; but out of own motivation? nah.

anal-yizing. Me overdose. ö.ö

---

Luu Sky Sapphire: X3 Good over anal-yizing, Miss Lightning. I believe Fang (canon Fang) is not just a passionate individual under the sheets, but also has a maternal side to her. Probably why she gets along with Vanille so well, but now I'm just getting a little ahead of myself. >:3 I don't promote underaged love, even if that 14 year in your life developed faster than you did at her age!

Lightning would indeed reject Christmas for not having an easy life. It doesn't help that ourbeautiful, awesome hero and protagonist is a bit of a social failure. But the woman needs to realize she indeed has a family. I wish we can put them all on the screen for her to enjoy, but SquareEnix only allows 3 characters at a time. >:3 Point is, you captured the spirit here nicely.

---

Valkyria Lightning: Hm... to be exactly, it's not underage love anymore, according to the fact that Fang is 521 years old and you can count 500 years extra to Vanille as well, in that case... agh, screw it XD

I found a weak spot for these two lately, out of the blue. Maybe it came together with restarting the game. I started to see Vanille in a different light. That annoying, cheerful behavior of hers ain't nothing but a protection shield. Even more so, I dare to say that she is a very serious and deep person, covering it up by pretending optimism and fake little plastic smiles. It's hard to tell of which giggly emotion is real and which isn't. She tries to be happy so others are feeling the same way, and once she has accomplished this mission, she might feel a little more relieved. But deep inside her heart, next to the little naive girl, there is a thoughtful person who always tries to aim for a branch of hope - even if it breaks. It tends to be fascinating the farther you step ahead in the story. But: I still hate her a bit for lying to Fang. She just had a good intention, but it didn't really stop the process they went through. Yeah, she was running away from something she couldn't avoid. Fang would have deserved to know things sooner.

Lightning? A bit of a social failure? Must make a demotivator out of it XD But you're right. Sometimes, I wish to see a bit more of her Claire-ish side. She must have been a very sweet girl, not like Serah, but... hm, how to put this?I mean, she opens up, little by little as the story continues, especially around Hope. He seems to be the constant reminder of how she used to be, or... how she saw herself in the mirror? I give a bit of credit and add more self-esteem to the whole concept, since Hope definitely lacks on that in the very beginning (talking to his father and clinging on Lightning worked wonders? Oo).
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm

When it comes to the surface of things, FLight is a more appealing FF13 shipping. Vanille with Fang on the other hand makes sense on the canon sense. You are right about Vanille being deeper than people give her credit for. Putting up with (okay, understanding...) Sazh's pessimism is a great sign of strength, not just for herself but for others. SOMEBODY'S gotta smile, right?

It just seems to me that Lightning relates to Natsuki Kuga in a sense that she feels being alone is not ideal. She saw what she WAS in Hope (ala Natsuki while Nao was getting pummeled by Shizuru) and gets the epiphany of a lifetime.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I can see that @Luu.

To me, Fang and Lightning together is also more appealing, since it doesn't contain the structure of Seme x Uke, like in the case of Vanille x Fang. But on the other hand, I don't even know if I see Fanille as THAT sort of pairing. they surely have a very deep bond and since they spent so much time together, they might have developed a kind of childish love and affection towards each other. Uhm... I just can't see Fang daring to touch or kiss her like THAT. There's too much respect between them.

By respect, I mean their intellectual and spiritual level. They have been through so much pain and misery, and I bet they understand that a strong bond is necessary, but they have a personal border they won't cross. Once they'd be in love, they'd be in danger.

Fang would focus her attention even harder on Vanille and sacrifice herself completely, maybe she wouldn't be able to think on her own. She's a lioness who protects her partner - and that makes her extremely vulnerable. Eventually, that would be a reason for them not to go too far into a terrain which simply isn't safe. I even tend to say that Fang sees Vanille as an innocent, perfect angel that shouldn't be touched in a disgraceful way.

Vanille also seems to be way too fragile to get through a relationship with a woman like Fang. She worries constantly about her (and ok, this happens on both sides), she tries her best to see Fang happy - and therefore, she even lies to her. Who knows if this is a good base for both in the first place.

---

Now, Lightning and Fang. Two strong characters. The one who constantly teases and tests out borders, the other one hates to be teased and shoots arrows and poison, to Fang's amusement. That's what people reduce them to. I might write about these two later when I'm more focused on them ö.ö

But: yeah, Lightning resembles Kuga. It's only the relationship-terms that might be slightly different. But as said, my essay (assault, lol) will come up soon. At first, gotta focus on SP, part II >:3
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:36 am

the voice of Fang

Here, I found a very nice Interview with Rachel Robinson, English voice of Fang. This woman is ADORABLE. Really. She has such a great view on things :blue rose:
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:47 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Lightning FF13

CHIBI LIGHTNING!

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

Nice ^.^

Luu Sky Sapphire: Probably why she gets along with Vanille so well, but now I'm just getting a little ahead of myself. >:3 I don't promote underaged love, even if that 14 year in your life developed faster than you did at her age!
If you're referring to Vanille, she's actually '19' years old physically not 14. While Fang is physically 21, even though chronologically they are both over '500' years old.

Narsilia wrote:I found a weak spot for these two lately, out of the blue. Maybe it came together with restarting the game. I started to see Vanille in a different light. That annoying, cheerful behavior of hers ain't nothing but a protection shield. Even more so, I dare to say that she is a very serious and deep person, covering it up by pretending optimism and fake little plastic smiles. It's hard to tell of which giggly emotion is real and which isn't. She tries to be happy so others are feeling the same way, and once she has accomplished this mission, she might feel a little more relieved. But deep inside her heart, next to the little naive girl, there is a thoughtful person who always tries to aim for a branch of hope - even if it breaks. It tends to be fascinating the farther you step ahead in the story. But: I still hate her a bit for lying to Fang. She just had a good intention, but it didn't really stop the process they went through. Yeah, she was running away from something she couldn't avoid. Fang would have deserved to know things sooner.
This is exactly how I felt/feel about Vanille =3

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:23 pm

My insight on Hope Estheim (copied from a conversation)

---

Well... as for the gameplay, I love having him in the team. thanks god I managed to push him so far with accessories that his HP are the same with Fang... how come that Lightning has the lowest HP in the group? O.o;

However... I have changed my mind a lot from loathing him in the very beginning. Trying to run away from fights, sulking and whining, being so weak and fragile... it made me wonder how he got raised by his parents. Maybe he got pampered too much by his mother (which didn't make me wonder at all. Mom's are tough *COFFsneer* ).

Lightning has been a very good influence towards him and a good mentor. He started to show guts, he even decided that Snow paid enough. Personally, I think that Snow wasn't even the one to blame. Nora did all of it on her own will and it was just a stupid chain of reactions that led to her death.

Hope must have idolized his mother so much, that he ignored that fact, only focused on the moment when Snow's power wasn't enough to save her. Yeah, I dare to say it this way. Hope needed a scapegoat, someone to focus his anger and hurt on. It seemed logical and natural to him, that somebody else has to pay for his loss.

In the end, following Light had been the best that could have happened to the boy. Instead of dwelling in his grief, he found something/someone to get a grip on. Light could have played an advanced role to his development. Not only as mentor, maybe even a replacement to his mother, since both are strong characters. she taught him to fight and to forgive. She showed him a vulnerable side of hers, telling her story, the fact of thinking that changing her name would change her whole persona and world view. It must have impressed Hope a lot, since he worked hard on himself, trying to use everything he learned from her.

Lightning might have kicked his ass mentally, but in the end, he made it all alone. Not everybody could get a grip on himself like that. It was a good turnabout, and once he got encouraged by his Eidolon Alexander, his character traits transformed to something better. It made me smile to see how his interactions in the group turned out to be more open. In the beginning, he was someone who withdrew from everything, always behind the others. As they arrived in Pulse, he interacted, he even joked with Vanille (I love that scene, especially as he disarmed her lies, tossing that arrow into her direction.)

Of course, he might be only a sidekick, as Sazh. But at least, a sidekick with more potencial than at the starting point. If he would have stayed in this role without any change... no, I don't even want to think about it. He'd be still the 3rd wheel without any progress; a good healer you'd put in your team, but only because of the stats - not because you get a connection to him.

*argmyfingers*
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:Well... as for the gameplay, I love having him in the team. thanks god I managed to push him so far with accessories that his HP are the same with Fang... how come that Lightning has the lowest HP in the group? O.o;
Really? My Light's HP has always been on par with Fang's ^^

And I never disliked Hope. In either of my playthroughs =3

He was a bit whiny at first yes, but he had been through a lot, so I gave him a small break for that. And eventually he 'manned up' and grew up quite a bit, so it was all good in the end =3

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Time for a post by someone, other than Narsila, that actual KNOWS shit about the Final Fantasy 13 mythos. *o*

Obviously got my copy of Final Fantasy 13-2 earlier and already started playing since this morning.

Wetochan is Chocolina!!!

I must say that I'm very impressed with the game thus far. Noel is very likable as a hero fulfilling his promise to a heroic goddess in Future-Lightning following her titanic battle against Caius Ballad. Three years following the events of Final Fantasy 13, we catch up with Serah Farron; who starts getting visions during a battle near New Bodhum. Noel shows up, saves the day and properly introduces himself to Serah as someone who was sent from the future by Lightning herself. Serah is doubtful in the beginning (understandably so, given the present circumstances) but she agrees to tag along with Noel. She saw him as a foreigner, and a very nice one at that. Honestly people, Noel is neither a wuss, nor an arrogant prick. He reminds me a lot of myself...just...in-between. He has a job to do and he's gonna see it through. Plus he cares for Serah and her search for Lightning.

There are so many mentions of Lightning from Serah, you'd think the Farroncest fandom was canon! Currently I'm two years in the future on Cocoon, where Alyssa bailed us out from an arrest. Will keep you updated on the story as it goes along.

SQUARENIX. THANK YOU FOR THE CINEMATIC ACTION SYSTEM. YOU HAVE ADDED MORE APPEAL TO BOSS BATTLES NOW! *O*

And now for my contributions. The only Jihl Nabaat footage in the game plus the first 11 or so minutes of me playing Final Fantasy XIII-2:

Jihl Nabaat in Final Fantasy XIII-2

For me and my girlfriend, probably the few of Jihl Nabaat's fanbase. XD Jihl makes a return in the archives of Final Fantasy 13-2's Beginner's Primer mode. A mode that goes over the entire storyline of the first game, in case you missed it. How could you!? Get a copy of Final Fantasy 13 already! *_* Seeing is believing.

My First Day playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 [Xbox 360]

Me playing the beginning of Final Fantasy 13-2. Sorry for the lack of quality, I recorded this with my camera. XD Excuse my bad performance too, as I'm not used to holding the controller and a camera at the same. lol LIGHTNING!!!

Version: Xbox 360

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 am

Oh dear god... it's the scene with Lightning and Odin you showed me a month before *______________*

I can'T await to play this. It already looked so great...

*looks at the goosebumps down her arms*
SEE WHAT I MEAN?????

And I STILL have to wait until friday/monday/depends on when amazon ships the ultra-limited Crystal-edition! *bits mouse in frustration*

Shall my cam be with me when I unwrap the goodies ><
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:Oh dear god... it's the scene with Lightning and Odin you showed me a month before *______________*

I can'T await to play this. It already looked so great...

*looks at the goosebumps down her arms*
SEE WHAT I MEAN?????

And I STILL have to wait until friday/monday/depends on when amazon ships the ultra-limited Crystal-edition! *bits mouse in frustration*

Shall my cam be with me when I unwrap the goodies ><

*______________* It's the perfect opening scene to set the mood for the time travel storyline. The sad thing is, as we predicated. everything after the Lightning vs. Caius fight doesn't turn out as epic. It's to be expected though, Serah and Noel have to train themselves with smaller enemies. To their credit, the pair has taken down some big bosses so far. When you reach a monster named Atlus, don't fight him immediately. ^_~ Fair warning.

Arika Yumemiya Can't wait until you get your copy, I will keep you updated on my progress. So far I just arrived at the mysterious Coliseum that doesn't have a specific year. o.o A diety gave us an artefact and told us to leave or he'll make us wish our mothers have never meet our fathers. O_O' So we have to go back and assist Snow again.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 pm

*Takes a swig from her sake bottle* So, I started getting more into this game...

ASDFJKL; I love Lightning! Oh god, she's a smexy little beast!

Note to forum: When I say 'Lightning' I mean the character, not Narwhal whom I call... Narwhal. xD NAME CHANGE OF AWESOME THOUGH!

So, they just recently became l'Cie and I'm all o.o and I can't say much yet, but VanillexHope is adorable and Lightning is a bamf. and @_@ *drinks more sake*

MOAR FFXIII! *will reply more later*
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Wait until Fang meets Lightning in Chapter 7 (?), then you'll need a bigger bottle.

Lightning FF13

On that note, I will be reviewing Final Fantasy XIII-2 rather soon. Focusing more on the gameplay than the actual story which is all over the place, thanks to the time travel gimmick haha. Now with the news of DLC, maybe we won't get a Final Fantasy XIII-3? Just finish the storyline by paying for more worlds and unlockables? Fair enough for me, they did the same with Gears of War 3 with RAAM's shadow.

Oh and who's downloading this sexually frustrated girl Lightning FF13 for Coliseum mode on the 7th? I am.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:12 pm

I find myself very similar to Snow, but I love Lightning. xD Lightning punching Snow was epic, but I find my mindset closest to Snow's. @_@ Why are these characters so awesome? And Vanille makes me fangirl a little. o.o Hope is annoying...
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 am

I had a discussion with Fang-mun lately, about how Light and Fang would work together in a relationship. I'll post some of the parts in here, because I think there is an interesting twist to it :)

---

Spoiler:
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:53 am

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Final Fantasy XIII-2

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Final_11

The Xbox 360 version. The version of choice. pokemon

In a lot of ways, RPGs are radically changing, much to gamer's dismay. I feel the Final Fantasy fanbase is separated into two types: Old school and new school. The old school covers every FF game from the first to Final Fantasy X. The last Final Fantasy game before the merger with Enix. The new school are fans who love the new and arguably innovative direction SquareEnix took the series. The latter is usually open minded, open to what SquareEnix brings next, while the old schoolers like myself are more attached to the titles of yesterday. Now I may feel that way for movies, anime and even pro-wrestling, but not for the Final Fantasy games and here's why.

When Final Fantasy XIII came out, I was obsessed with it. More so than your resident FLight fanwhore. It was a game that not only brought us a memorable cast of characters after years of so-so and mediocre games (Kingdom Hearts sequels and spin offs, Final Fantasy VII spin offs, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI Online and Final Fantasy XII), it brought in the casual gamer. This is why I cannot understand the fans who complain about the linearity of the game. Yes, it IS linear. Does that make it bad? Think of it this way, thanks to it's linearity, it pulled in the gamers who looked down on RPGs for being too boring. I've heard this a million times in my lifetime. Final Fantasy XIII's straight forward approach and battle system is so easy, a five year old can understand it.

It's sequel, Final Fantasy XIII-2 continues three years after the first game, putting Lightning's sister Serah Farron on the forefront, along with a newcomer. From 700 years in the future, Noel Kreiss! This may disappoint many as people were looking forward to playing as a stronger, more experienced Lightning as seen in the opener against Caius. Amazing sequence by the way, the cinematics have greatly improved since the first game and the battle really set the tone for the game itself.

As Serah, who now lives on a settlement on Gran Pulse, is having dreams where Lightning fights Caius in a place called Valhalla. Noel meets with Lightning in this apocalyptic future and was sent to Serah. To find Lightning, the two much embark on a time traveling adventure to unwind a paradox filled history. At first it's confusing, but bear with the game and it'll make sense little by little.

CHOCOLINA IS A FUCKING LUNATIC!!!

Not since Chrono Trigger have I been reminded of the time travel gimmick. When I first heard about the game premise, Trunks from Dragon Ball Z came to mind. Noel is sent from the future to save his doomed world that Lightning failed to protect. Serah and Noel travel around around different eras and locations in the world's history, solving problems and opening portals to other eras and potential futures. You will find yourself traveling to the same area in a different AND alternate timeline. Confused yet? Not me, it comes with watching old films and tons of Doctor Who. *smiles*

Unlike the first game, you're given far more freedom to explore these areas. Not only that, those optional side missions are aplenty in this game, you'll always find something to do. Also added are places like the Coliseum, where you can duke it out with bosses provided by an entity. If you download the first ever DLC, you can battle Omega Weapon at the Coliseum. Remember him from Final Fantasy VIII? There's even a place called Serendipity, basically 13-2's version of the Gold Saucer from FF7, with chocobo races and casino games! :) This is one of their best features and I'm glad it's back.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 lets you progress at your own pace, putting more power back into the player. Finding hidden treasures like I mentioned before and using clever strategy to topple monsters well above your strength level feels immensely satisfying. Okay, I kinda lied. There isn't much strategy here, it feels more like the first game where you're mashing buttons until the enemy falls. When you're well equipped with the right paradigm shift, this tends to happen. There are moments where you'll need to be a tad smart with your order of combat and item usage. Fight smarter, not harder I always say.

You now have more control over character development, as you can choose to level up specific Paradigm roles on the Crystarium board...even for monsters! That's right, you can now capture monsters during random battles and use them in combat. I currently have a Chocobo at level 54 that is pretty boss. While also unlocking additional roles and bonus boosts (stat gains, accessory capacity) after reaching certain levels. Moreover, battles continue on even after the initial player-controlled party leader has fallen, giving you a chance to regroup and make a comeback. I hated that about the first game, leader dies..GAME OVER. Probably the most awesome feature in this sequel is something that made games like Shenmue, Bayonetta and Resident Evil 5 so fast pace: Cinematic Action! Best known as Quick Time Event, where you follow a series of button commands to cause further damage to your opponent.

I'm not finished with Final Fantasy XIII-2, my goal was simply to analyze the game's mechanics. Gameplay wise, the sequel is better the first, preferably because I am an old school Final Fantasy veteran who prefers more exploration in a vast world. In this case, universe as the time travel makes it feel much grander. Storywise, I prefer the first by miles. Noel is a welcome character and a huge leap in the right direction as far as males are concerned. Sazh, Snow and Hope weren't my style, while Noel shows a man that is positive, hopeful, supportive and above all, human. He has more mastery and flaws than the previous three and he ends up the best. As for Serah, I'm taking a liking to her more, though she is no Lightning. Serah is a more girlie girl who develops over the course of the game from selfishly wanting to find her sister, to saving the future that everyone is trying to protect (like Hope and Alyssa with their history fixture). Other than their two strong leads, I'm not feeling Caius as a great adversary/villain. At first yes, anyone able to take Lightning head on is a skilled fighter. But as the game tells his story, Caius has emotional flaws that make him look weak to me. I mean...
Spoiler:

Overall, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a step in the right direction for SquareEnix in terms of gameplay. While the characters of the Final Fantasy XIII are deep; almost thought-provoking, SquareEnix clearly has trouble telling a coherent story. Personal opinion, which is just me nitpicking. Pick this game up for Xbox 360 or PS3 today, it's worth it.

Rating: -

None. Yet. :) I have to beat the game and see what future DLC has to offer, since SquareEnix just announced that DLC will be the only way to complete the game. o.o

P.S. I am aware that I've been repeating CHOCOLINA IS A FUCKING LUNATIC!!!. throughout my entire review. Julie Nathanson is a marvelous voice actress, but I'll be goddamned before someone tells me Chocolina isn't annoying. Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! MY GIRLFRIEND-ERM-I MEAN...JIHL NABAAT IS BACK IN FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 AS A CHARACTER TO FIGHT IN THE COLISEUM! HERE'S THE SCREEN SHOT PROOF FROM SQUARE ENIX:

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Jihl10

I love Nabaat, but how strong can she possibly be? Noel and Serah are stronger than Barthandelus ever was by the end of the game. Surely they can't stress with the beautiful PSICOM officer...right? o.o;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:46 pm

FFXIII Puns by me and Fang-mun. Yup, we were really THAT bored OO

Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:39):
((kk Razz Cid happens))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:39):
(( Snow joke ))
((yeah. there's too much snow outside... *grabs her shovel* >< ))
((*diggin' up da Villiers* ))
(( heh ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:40):
((insider of bro and me... ^^; "Fuck, it's snowing!"- "*gasp* So much Villiers ~~" ))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:40):
(( XD ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:41):
((Last Noel, we had no Villiers X'D ))
((*ack*))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:41):
(( kekekekek ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:43):
((With all these jokes, I'm going to be Hope-less .__. ))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:43):
(( try Nabaat to think about it ))
((What? Care to enLIGHTen me? XD))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:44):
(( I Dahaka understand what you're having trouble with ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:44):
((pff, Esuna or later I'm going Thundaga on it))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:45):
(( Yuj better watch it It could be a rough ride ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:45):
((*le Breau* ))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:46):
(( I'm sure Yeul understand where im coming from esuna ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:46):
((I'm really emphasazhing with you))
(( I l'cie what ya did there but Dysley i didn't warn you ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:47):
((Que Serah, Serah... *lol))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:48):
(( I dont think there is a way to dajh this bullet ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:49):
((Not really. Mind if I go Commander on your ass?))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:49):
(( If ya let me ravage ya i don't see why not ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:50):
((Chocolinalicious *purrs*))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:50):
(( Baby i think i need a curasa my heart jus' stoped. ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:51):
((Then you neeed no curasa but an army of one OO))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:51):
(( Ya sure ya don't wanna see my Soverign fist? ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:53):
((Now I'm Oerba dia ocean... *defeated* ))
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:FFXIII Puns by me and Fang-mun. Yup, we were really THAT bored OO

((kk Razz Cid happens))
(( Snow joke ))
((yeah. there's too much snow outside... *grabs her shovel* >< ))
((*diggin' up da Villiers* ))
(( heh ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:40):
((insider of bro and me... ^^; "Fuck, it's snowing!"- "*gasp* So much Villiers ~~" ))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:40):
(( XD ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:41):
((Last Noel, we had no Villiers X'D ))
((*ack*))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:41):
(( kekekekek ))
((With all these jokes, I'm going to be Hope-less .__. ))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:43):
(( try Nabaat to think about it ))
((What? Care to enLIGHTen me? XD))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:44):
(( I Dahaka understand what you're having trouble with ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:44):
((pff, Esuna or later I'm going Thundaga on it))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:45):
(( Yuj better watch it It could be a rough ride ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:45):
((*le Breau* ))
(( I'm sure Yeul understand where im coming from esuna ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:46):
((I'm really emphasazhing with you))
(( I l'cie what ya did there but Dysley i didn't warn you ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:47):
((Que Serah, Serah... *lol))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:48):
(( I dont think there is a way to dajh this bullet ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:49):
((Not really. Mind if I go Commander on your ass?))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:49):
(( If ya let me ravage ya i don't see why not ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:50):
((Chocolinalicious *purrs*))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:50):
(( Baby i think i need a curasa my heart jus' stoped. ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:51):
((Then you neeed no curasa but an army of one OO))
Oerba Yun sagt (19:51):
(( Ya sure ya don't wanna see my Soverign fist? ))
Valkyria Lightning sagt (19:53):
((Now I'm Oerba dia ocean... *defeated* ))

^ This entire post is win, even if it makes my skin crawl. XD Just goes to show Austrians are the undisputed rulers of puns. Case and point:

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion Tumblr16

---

Back on topic, I am very saddened by the lack of DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2 lately. I want Nabaat dammit!!! ;^; Don't make me put this game back in the vault just yet!!!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 pm

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion 2074924-ff132_large

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion 0ndpM

final fantasy - General Final Fantasy Universe Discussion FF13-2Chocolina

>_< Chocolina is insane. I CAN'T STAND HER. Despite this...I will write a femslash for her tonight. There's something about this insane time traveling paradox of a bird-woman.

*sigh* Why am I doing this. ;_;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Well, I haven't been able to play either FF XIII or FF XIII-2 TAT.......BUT! I've watched the playthrough, read the novels, and also listened to the dramas, besides reading lots of fanfiction.

And with that I can say the following...
Lightining rocks! I loved her right away, one of the main reasons being her seiyuu in japanese. That just made her perfect to my eyes.
But, really, Light's character was awesome.
Fang is bad-ass! I love her too. She's the perfect match for Lightning. And her voice in japanese is cool too. I hope we'll get to see more of her in the possible sequel.

Vanille; she is MINE. Even if she looks like an air-head or too bubbly or whatever, I think she's quite a nice character, and also pretty. I really like her.

Serah: She got extra points in my book thanks to FF XIII-2. :]

Snow: a meat-head. I won't say anything else about him...

Sazh: the father-like figure to Vanille and he wasn't that bad. But, I don't really mind him at all.

Hope: The boy began to develop some guts after his yaoish rescue by Snow...but besides that, I don't really like him, the main reason being that he's paired with Lightning in a lot of stories, fanart and doujinshi.
I mean, really? If anything Light saw Hope as a lil' brother, some weakling that needed protection and also a person full of hatred that needed someone to help him; maybe even a reflection of herself years back. And why not? perhaps motherly affection, but that's it. No romantic feelings towards the squirt. And much less in FF XIII-2. Even if Hope is older, I can't really see him with Lightning. That's a BIG NO NO in my book.

Now regarding other pairings.
I'm a FLight shipper all the way!! They are perfect for each other, two strong characters that complete each other.

But I must confess that I've sinned and I've thought that Lanille (LightxVanille) is a bit cute. >.< And all thanks to some fics I've read about the couple...

Fang and Vanille, together? as in a couple? I can't really see that happening. From my point of view, Fang takes care of Vanille as family since the begining; and the only person from their world that is with her, the only connection to their past. That sure is a strong bond, but I can't see them having romatic feelings......so, Fanille doesn't exist in my book.

Well, to keep this short. I really can't see Light or Fang with any other couple besides each other.
If someone wants to pair up the other characters with whoever they want, I don't mind.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 am

I've watched the FF13 walkthrough, but I still need to watch FF13-2. I will soon, but anyway.

I don't understand the Flight pairing. =/ Doesn't make sense in my book. FangxVanille all the way! \^^/

But my favorite character for FF13 has got to be Sazh by a long shot. He's the most likeable and relatable character in the whole game. <3 He's the guy that was dragged into something he knows is too big for him, but he has to do it anyway to save his son. He feels guilty over taking his son to see the guardian (forgot which group is called what) and turning him into one of their puppets, but at the same time, it's not his fault as that's not something someone can not predict. Even then, when he finds who's responsible for turning his son that way he is, he still can't kill her because he can't shoot "a kid." He's not battle-hardened. He's just a dad trying to save his son.

Yes Lightning is badass. Fang is hot. Vanille is quirky (ugh, Rikku-ish...). Hope eventually lives up to his namesake. And Snow is just trying to help everyone. But I feel Sazh's story goes deeper than stuff like that and it's the storyline that sticks out most in my mind for it.

Last edited by SpiralDasher on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next