Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What don't you like about Nao Yuuki's character?

+5
SpiralDasher
MidnightPersona
Sergay Tate
CaptainVonCookie
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

yuuki - What don't you like about Nao Yuuki's character? - Page 2 Empty Re: What don't you like about Nao Yuuki's character?

Post by BMeph Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 am

Like other, great commenters before me, I mostly agree with what's already been said:

MissSoccerNinja wrote:The post I agree with most is Lerena's.

Ditto. As should be evident, second-most, I agree with MSN.

MissSoccerNinja wrote:As for the things I don't like about Nao:

I think she's a shady character. If I were to meet somebody like her in real life, I'd be instantly wary of them. The way she talks, the way she acts, her attitude, are all things that would put me on edge. She's a "bad girl" type. And not in the benign way like Natsuki is. (I like to refer to Natsuki as a "badass.")

I believe the term for Nao that you're looking for is: Fille Fatale

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Natsuki is bad, but I couldn't see her manipulating people. Which brings me to my next point.

Nao manipulates people. Even people who aren't scumbags.This is seen when she manipulates the innocent Mikoto, when she manipulates Mai, and when she manipulates Shizuru. From past experience, I've become very wary and biased toward people who I even sense could be manipulative. This is why Nao's particular brand of shadiness would put me on edge (even if I hadn't known about her manipulating others. If I did know, I'd be wary of her even before I met her).
Nao's a smart individual. In addition, she likes to get what she wants. She has her own agenda. The past three things could also be said about Shizuru. Shizuru would be even more "dangerous" in this sense (especially with her intelligence and mask). However, Shizuru doesn't use her powers for evil. She can get what she wants, but I don't think that that would involve anybody but herself and possibly the people she cares about. (For example, she could convince the Student Council to serve free tea in the cafeteria, or to have a teacher work-day that happens to be on Natsuki's birthday). Shizuru just sort of does her own thing; if you don't bother her, she won't bother you (like Natsuki, "benign"). Nao seems like the kind of person who would pick on/mess with people for fun (if you have the misfortune of catching her interest).

Here, I disgree. Not that Nao doesn't manipulate people, but because she's so anti-social, she's kind of bad at it. If you're an ingenue, you might fall for it, otherwise, she just pisses you off. Which is a kind of successful manipulation, but it's very limited in effectiveness.

Also, about her smarts: Nao is very clever, somewhat crafty, but kind of middle-of-the-road smart. She likes to dangle live bait in her traps, mainly herself. When she does, she usually has one extra trick to go with it, along with about two different attack responses. If you can burn through those responses, as Shizuru does - twice - then, she freezes. Which would be Awesome...if she had run to a hidey-hole and hid. Freezing in plain sight, is in PC vernacular, "survival-averse." She doesn't know when to walk away, and she sure as Hell doesn't know when to run.

I find it interesting, and MP might say it's telling, that Nao can play the tempting and corruptible not-so-innocent for older men, but when it comes to the resident laming flesbian with a taste for moody green-eyed middle-schoolgirls with anger issues and a heart filled with revenge...she comes up empty. Not that she tries and comes up empty; she doesn't even try.

My biggest issue with Nao is that she's spent so long preying on guys couldn't ever see the likes of her coming, that she acts incredibly stupidly when she deals with those who can handle more than a normal fourteen-year-old girl. I think that's the part that pisses me off the most; she's smarter (well, cleverer) than this, but she acts like such a dumb-ass.
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

yuuki - What don't you like about Nao Yuuki's character? - Page 2 Empty Re: What don't you like about Nao Yuuki's character?

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:>:3 What?! I am not scared of Shizuru and her ninja allies. What's she gonna go? Send tea drinking ninjas after me? Nao Yuuki

Yes, she might. She'll watch as they do to you what Jun thought of doing to Ayana in that HayateXBlade manga page I posted in the "Ask Shizuru" thread the other day...

Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: Ara, Ninja-san, if you were to cut off all Luu-san's clothes, he would not have a star to "cover one spot" with... *giggles*
Me: *at attention* Should I call off the mission, Ma'am?
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: No, proceed. *ponders with a sly smile* This could be quite enjoyable to watch... Shizuru Fujino
Natsuki Kuga Natsuki: Oi! What's that supposed to mean?! *jealousy!*

Wink

BMeph wrote:
I believe the term for Nao that you're looking for is: Fille Fatale

Exactly. =]

BMeph wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:Natsuki is bad, but I couldn't see her manipulating people. Which brings me to my next point.

Nao manipulates people. Even people who aren't scumbags.This is seen when she manipulates the innocent Mikoto, when she manipulates Mai, and when she manipulates Shizuru. From past experience, I've become very wary and biased toward people who I even sense could be manipulative. This is why Nao's particular brand of shadiness would put me on edge (even if I hadn't known about her manipulating others. If I did know, I'd be wary of her even before I met her).
Nao's a smart individual. In addition, she likes to get what she wants. She has her own agenda. The past three things could also be said about Shizuru. Shizuru would be even more "dangerous" in this sense (especially with her intelligence and mask). However, Shizuru doesn't use her powers for evil. She can get what she wants, but I don't think that that would involve anybody but herself and possibly the people she cares about. (For example, she could convince the Student Council to serve free tea in the cafeteria, or to have a teacher work-day that happens to be on Natsuki's birthday). Shizuru just sort of does her own thing; if you don't bother her, she won't bother you (like Natsuki, "benign"). Nao seems like the kind of person who would pick on/mess with people for fun (if you have the misfortune of catching her interest).

Here, I disgree. Not that Nao doesn't manipulate people, but because she's so anti-social, she's kind of bad at it. If you're an ingenue, you might fall for it, otherwise, she just pisses you off. Which is a kind of successful manipulation, but it's very limited in effectiveness.

Also, about her smarts: Nao is very clever, somewhat crafty, but kind of middle-of-the-road smart. She likes to dangle live bait in her traps, mainly herself. When she does, she usually has one extra trick to go with it, along with about two different attack responses. If you can burn through those responses, as Shizuru does - twice - then, she freezes. Which would be Awesome...if she had run to a hidey-hole and hid. Freezing in plain sight, is in PC vernacular, "survival-averse." She doesn't know when to walk away, and she sure as Hell doesn't know when to run.

I find it interesting, and MP might say it's telling, that Nao can play the tempting and corruptible not-so-innocent for older men, but when it comes to the resident laming flesbian with a taste for moody green-eyed middle-schoolgirls with anger issues and a heart filled with revenge...she comes up empty. Not that she tries and comes up empty; she doesn't even try.

My biggest issue with Nao is that she's spent so long preying on guys couldn't ever see the likes of her coming, that she acts incredibly stupidly when she deals with those who can handle more than a normal fourteen-year-old girl. I think that's the part that pisses me off the most; she's smarter (well, cleverer) than this, but she acts like such a dumb-ass.

You have a good point here. She is unsocial, so it would be unlikely for just any person to "catch Nao's interest." My reference for this point came from the way Zhang picks on Kruger in Otome. She did say in the Otome Drama Cd though that she acts this way around Kruger because she gets nervous around Kruger. I suppose, if you happen to be a certain blue-haired tsundere, my earlier point is applicable, but if you're not, your (BMeph) point is much more relevant. =]

You're right, Nao does do very dumb things in spite of being clever. In Hime, though, I attributed this to youth/immaturity.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2