Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

+21
Kuga Natsuki
Dead.And.Alive
IlliterateKoi
Hohoemu
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Cheshire Kat
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
CaptainVonCookie
TheDreamer
Chaglette
ookamidesu
Magus Phantalus
BubuzukeOnna
WorthyDrummer
Luu Sky Sapphire
she-ga-roo
MidnightPersona
MissSoccerNinja
SpiralDasher
Yuri-hime
GAP
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? - Page 6 Empty Re: Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:05 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:And lastly, darling, if I had to play someone who was my chance of getting my loved one to safety. I'd play her like a stradivarious!

Or a harp from Hell! >:}D

CaptainVonCookie wrote:And I completely understand if people are against that! I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't do everything in my power for the happiness of my loved one.

^ Can't argue with this statement. It's the reason I admire Shizuru so much in the first place. ^^; It doesn't help that the people she murdered deserved it. District One weren't good people at all. I guess what bothers fans is that she had the ability to kill without remorse.

CaptainVonCookie wrote:All jokes aside, because I just know I'm pissing off half the world right now... I find it wrong to think of Tomoe with our moral views. Her brain is wired differently. While she's not a complete psychopath, else she wouldn't have acted all sweet for so long, she is just mean as hell and shows partially lacking of the part of the brain that makes us feel regret. (I'm not insulting her, this is a perfectly valid psychological situation) If she doesn't feel remorse, she doesn't see why some things would be bad to do. If I want it, why not just get it? If it's the other's hand I'll just cut them off. Problem solved. (and she actually doesn't see anything wrong with that)

But as your comment suggested are you saying she may have some Fujino inside her?

:) Actually, you're not pissing me off. I'm just dragging out your views on Shizuru (and Tomoe) so I can get a better understanding. I get a little confused here and there. *wink*

You're right, if Tomoe doesn't feel remorse, why should we? Maybe I'm like gullible little Arinko-chan who has that glimmer of hope for someone vile. I can never defend Tomoe's actions in the series, however what I'm doing nowadays as a bigger fan of hers, is understanding her from a psychological standpoint. The Mai-Series raises a million questions like the Star Wars films once did, and one of mine is how Tomoe became such a bitch in the first place? Not only that, how did she fall in love with Shizuru? We won't know any of this, sadly. ;_;

As for my comment, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. They're not completely alike, but as Kat mentioned, the roles are similar. Only Tomoe is Psycho Shizuru gone wild.

Mai-Girls-Gone-Wild? kawaiidesuplz Jizz worthy.

Cheshire Kat wrote:And don't call me darling.

^^; Settle down, Kat. This is just a friendly discussion and that's how Captain types.
Share any opinion you have in your systems, but please respect each other. :) Kay?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? - Page 6 Empty Re: Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Mai-Girls-Gone-Wild? kawaiidesuplz Jizz worthy.

Cheshire Kat wrote:And don't call me darling.

^^; Settle down, Kat. This is just a friendly discussion and that's how Captain types.
Share any opinion you have in your systems, but please respect each other. :) Kay?

YES!!! YES, YES, YES!!!!!! I want that tape for Christmas!!!!

I have two very distinct ways of seeing the characters and sometimes I cross them while trying to get my point across, so I understand how sometimes it gets confusing but I promise it totally makes sense in my head! X3 I like to try and see people from a no-judging point, so I can begin to understand how their brains work. And also from my point of view, where my morals and values come into play. In this thread I already learned a lot and am stacking up lots of material for later use! Specially you, your ideas will no doubt have to be used!! This kind of perverseness is rare!

I understood why Cat said it. It's very easy to be misunderstood over the internet. You aren't speaking face to face so it's very easy for something to be taken the wrong way when you can't see the way the other person says something. I even recognize that after re-reading my full sentence someone could have easily thought of it as an attack. That wasn't what I was going for. But I do appreciate that people tell me if they think so. If I had my doubts someone was picking on me I'd also voice it.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:13 am

Cheshire Kat wrote:

And my question is, for the last time: If Shizuru was glory-fucked (Oh brutal truth, I love you) by Tomoe and left to live with that on her conscious while Tomoe flocked back to her lover and an army of schoolgirls who loved her, what would Shizuru fans say about that?

---

I never said I hated Shizuru. I just felt like having a debate today. As for my question. I didn't say they were switching personalities. I said they were switching roles.

so, if shizuru would've been all on the trip of killing-classmates-with-acid and stuff and lie to tomoe just to get her into bed?
i would say, that i - as a shizuru fan - wouldn't agree with that at all. despite the fact that the situation you pull up wouldn't even make sence at all if the personalitys stayed the same they are. if they're personaltiys stay the same, shizuru would be in love with natsuki, either if natsuki is just another student or still headmistress in your scenario. cause if shizuru would be in love with tomoe, what would be necassary for your scenario, then it wouldn't be her original personality anymore. and with her original personality, like you said:
what reason should shizuru have for trying to kill other students?
why should she lie to tomoe about the whereabouts of the headmistress?
and what reason should she have to join the valkyries in first place?

actually it's what CaptainVonCookie said
CaptainVonCookie wrote:

Your scenario would only make sense if, one: Natsuki wasn't in the picture.
but without natsuki it wouldn't be the same shizuru anymore, just another version of her. simple as that.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
And when someone from upper-class society "snaps", you don't see it coming. I had my suspicions that Shizuru may be one of the HiME during my first run, I just didn't think she would bring out the best in what the series had with the Carnival arc and Natsuki Kuga as a character. Boy was I in for a shock.

Very good point! =] I didn't figure it out myself (I saw an amv with Shizuru holding her naginata), and I also can't say that I would have (I was 13 and oblivious to others and the world when I first watched My-Hime). If I hadn't known already, I have a feeling that Shizuru being a hime would have surprised me. In a good way as well, of course. =]

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If Shizuru was ever bland to you, it's because she was bland on purpose.
I nearly died of happiness while reading that perfect line. It's so cool! =]

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:To her credit, her limited screen time in the Orphan arc already tickled my inner yuri fanboy, but that's just me. I feel no differently about Tomoe in Mai-Otome. Once the character breaks out of her shell...anything can happen. I love not knowing what these characters are capable of doing.

Once again, great point! =]

CaptainVonCookie: So many great points! I like the way you think! I really enjoyed reading your posts. =]

Magus Phantalus wrote:I feel it is somewhat inappropriate to compare the hime to the otome not enough information is known about the extent of the hime star's influence.

Of course if it is simple character role reversal than I would greatly frown upon otome! Shizuru if she did the same things Tomoe did. As there were no otherworldy external forces at work and they were purely malicious acts.

Very good point!

True, simple character role reversal somewhat lazy/dissapointing for me as a fan... that might be a little why I'm not a huge fan of otome (I didn't fall in love with the new characters like I fell in love with the Hime characters).

CheshireKat: Great question (the Shizuru-Tomoe role reversal)! =] I'd have to say that, as a (very protective person by nature and a) Shizuru fan, I would not forgive Tomoe. Not because she's Tomoe, though, but because she's a person who hurt Shizuru. I'm sort of biased like that, so I may not be the best person to ask. Putting my own faults aside, though, I agree that you have a very valid point, and I do believe that the best answer (an unbiased one) would be to forgive Tomoe. =]

I'll have to disagree with you and TwistedEternalWolvetta on the pedophile concept. I do remember the scene in Otome where she pinches the cheek of the little girl (and either Haruka or Nao tell her to "not get any weird ideas"), but I don't think that Shizuru's action made her a pedophile. She didn't do anything sexual to the girl, and we don't know her true intentions. (Maybe she was thinking "weird" thoughts, but maybe she was just thinking "aww, so cute!" thoughts.) I like to think that Shizuru was thinking normal thoughts.

Yes, there's no denying it: Shizuru Viola is a flirt! Xo =P
This being said, I agree with CaptainVonCookie though, I don't believe Shizuru's intentions to be genuinely malicious. She's just a flirt. =]

About Shizuru sleeping with Tomoe, I don't think she really "cheats" on Natsuki. I think that Natsuki Kruger is very distant (romantically) from Shizuru. They're not an official couple. (In the drama CD: Nao: "So the rumors are true! You and Shizuru are..." Natsuki: *doesn't confirm or deny it*... Nao: *kisses Natsuki* Natsuki *is shocked, but doesn't stop the kiss to say that she can't kiss Nao because she's faithful to Shizuru*) Yes, fans know that Shiznat is going to happen eventually, but, Shizuru might not know that. She probably knows that Natsuki will come around eventually, but there's no way she could know how long it will take. Perhaps quite a long time. It pains me to say it, but, if I were in Shizuru's shoes, I might have done something similar (minus the baby toys =P XD). Thinking: "Natsuki isn't my girlfriend, I love Natsuki, she's going to die if I don't find a way to free her, and here's an opportunity to save Natsuki with the added bonus of getting to let off some steam and sleep with a cute girl (Yes, this girl isn't the person I want to marry, but I'm human...)."
About how this affects Tomoe, though... I agree, Shizuru was selfish to sleep with her (when she knew that Tomoe had genuine feelings for her) without loving her. There's no doubt about that.
I forget though, how much time Shizuru had to save Natsuki. If sleeping with Tomoe was the only/best option for Shizuru, I do not fault Shizuru for choosing the course of action. (Yes, I'm a little exasperated at Natsuki Kruger for not stepping up like I interpret Kuga to have done/will do at the end of/after My-Hime. =P)

CaptainVonCookie and Luu: You guys, I cringed a little at some of the things that were said to CheshireKat. If I were CheshireKat, my feelings would be hurt, a lot. =/ I know that this is just the way you type, CaptainVonCookie, and I like you (as I said earlier, I also "like the way you think!"), but I know my feelings would be hurt if I were CheshireKat.
I don't know about how CheshireKat feels about this, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

Everybody: Luu's right, and this is a thread about "Why Shizuru is hated by some fans."
I think that CheshireKat and others should be perfectly welcome here. We are all entitled to our opinions. =] In fact, I really appreciate the opinions of CheshireKat and others like TwistedEternalWolvetta: their perspectives are ones I've never considered before. I appreciate the opportunity to hear things from their point of view.

she-ga-roo: Good point! As MidnightPersona said in a discussion, the people around us (such as our friends) also shape who we are. The person we love can say a great deal about our personalities (for example: a person with trust issues *coughNatsukicough* might love somebody patient and understanding*coughLikeShizurucough* =P, and vice versa.). So, yes, if Shizuru Viola was in love with Tomoe rather than distant-but-sweet-but-hesitant-and-romantically-inept Natsuki Kruger, wouldn't her personality be different as well?

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:"And when someone from upper-class society [...]"

We don't know this. I don't think this can canonly be used to describe Shizuru. Part of what makes Shizuru "Shizuru" is the fact that her love for Natsuki is one of the very few things we actually know about her. =/

--

Off topic but still a pet-peeve: Why do people call her blonde?!? In pictures, she has brown hair! DX
... Sorry, that was retorical. Just needed to get that off my chest. No need to respond. x_X
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:"And when someone from upper-class society [...]"

We don't know this. I don't think this can canonly be used to describe Shizuru. Part of what makes Shizuru "Shizuru" is the fact that her love for Natsuki is one of the very few things we actually know about her. =/

--

Off topic but still a pet-peeve: Why do people call her blonde?!? In pictures, she has brown hair! DX
... Sorry, that was retorical. Just needed to get that off my chest. No need to respond. x_X

This is true, it's not explicitly stated in the anime that she's from an upper-class family. There is quite a lot about Shizuru we have to figure out for ourselves or assume. This could be a good thing though: leaving things up to interpretation in tv shows or books can often be a way to keep a larger fanbase. I do like how her love for Natsuki is a definite thing though. =]

I agree, I always get a little confused when I read Shizuru described as blonde. =P =] I also think she has brown hair. (I think of Haruka and Allyssa as blonde.) It's the same for me when people describe Natsuki as having black hair- I saw her in the anime first, so I always think of her as having blue hair. =P =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:09 pm

to tell the truth i never liked her ... it when i first saw here i was like omg IT A HOT JP GIRL ... then getin in more in my hime i see all this stuff she did for be-loved one i was like damn i would hate to piss her or even let her 3 feet by me ..
the ep when she and Natsuki died i was LIKE NOOO NOT NATSUKI she was soo young and hot T^T
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, it just bothers me when people try to use facts that we don't know anything about as a basis about a character. Shizuru could very well just be from a middle-class family. Hell, she could be from a lower-class family and maybe she just came to Fuuka (if Fuuka isn't in the Kansai region) because of the aide, just like Mai. We just don't know. I think that's part of her charm - the fact that she could be any of these things. We just don't know until Sunrise exposes info. =)

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I agree, I always get a little confused when I read Shizuru described as blonde. =P =] I also think she has brown hair. (I think of Haruka and Allyssa as blonde.) It's the same for me when people describe Natsuki as having black hair- I saw her in the anime first, so I always think of her as having blue hair. =P =]

I read from Lone Wolf some time ago that she said they described her hair as "so black that it looks blue," or something. In any case, I'm the type of person that tries to describe characters with "normal/natural" hair colors. (So many redheads in Mai Hime!)
Akira and Mashiro are a pain to figure out on what to call them. XD I usually go with black for Akira... Mashiro still doops me. XD
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm

BECAUSE THEY'RE JUST IDIOTS!!!

Seriously, how can someone even think of hating her?!
Maybe they are just jealous, who knows... Actually she's a very impressive character, mysterious and always seeming to be somewhere above normal people. We know nothing about her, except that she is deeply in love with Natsuki and that the strength of her love is just unbelievable, but that's why we should like her.

She can seem weird sometimes, a bit arrogant and even scornful maybe, and what she does for her loved one may appear exagerated, I guess that's the reason why some don't like her...

To me it seems that Mashiro's hair color is just non-human XD Or maybe she loves dying them, but lavander is not a natural hair color... It's really nice however, and perfectly matches her green eyes.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 am

going back to something BubuzukeOnna wrote once, there's something that wouldn't get out of my mind. even if it's not really part of the topic here i still ask...

BubuzukeOnna wrote:
This is my subjective view of Shizuru based on what I watched. If I were Shizuru, I would have been planning on dying the entire time. From the first day that I found out that only one of us could win, only one of us could live. I would take my kisses and touches, thinking that she'd never know. Because I was going to sacrifice myself for her, and take these memories to my grave. Kill her enemies and disappear.

okay, let's say that really was shizurus plan... could it actually work out?! oO i mean since i've read that, i've wondering about it. let's say shizuru and natsuki really where the only two left after the fight. if shizuru really wanted to let natsuki survive the carnival, she had to die.
but wouldn't it mean that natsuki would die anyway, since she's shizuru's most important person?
or does this person just die if the child of a HiME is destroyed?
would the most important person still be alive if a HiME dies maybe by an accident or suicide?
last one would be necessary in shizuru's case if she want to let natsuki win the carnival...
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:44 pm

*makes first post* :D

I pretty much agree with what most other people have said about why people would hate Shizuru. She isn't a main character at all, but she pretty much dominates the fandom, which I imagine would be quite annoying if your favourite character was say, Mai for example. Who was a main character and clearly doesn’t get as much attention in fanfiction/fanart etc.

And it probably doesn't help that a lot of fans depict her as being this perfect person who can deal with any situation in a graceful manner despite being an 18 year old girl (Fujino obviously).

On a side note, something that actually quite annoys me is the overuse of 'ara' in fanfiction etc...I'm pretty sure Shizuru doesn't actually say ara that much in the anime...in fact I distinctly remember hearing Nao say it a lot haha...although I’m probably guilty of doing this too in all honesty...and I haven’t actually watched the anime in quite some time so don’t hold me to this Razz

So, I generally think that most people don’t dislike her actual character, more the fan version of her character...which I think has already been said ¬.¬

On the topic of Shizuru never planning on surviving the carnival, I think it’s very possible, but, as she-ga-roo pointed out, wouldn’t that mean that Natsuki would die anyway by being her most important person? It’s never really specified whether the MIP rules only apply when the HiME’s Child is defeated, or whether they would still die if the actual HiME was killed.

Surely Shizuru wouldn’t go through with it if she thought there was even a chance that Natsuki would be killed because of her actions? So what would happen then? Assuming that they were the only two HiME left, everyone would die and the carnival wouldn’t end?

There was something else I wanted to add but I’ve forgotten now...
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:I pretty much agree with what most other people have said about why people would hate Shizuru. She isn't a main character at all, but she pretty much dominates the fandom, which I imagine would be quite annoying if your favourite character was say, Mai for example. Who was a main character and clearly doesn’t get as much attention in fanfiction/fanart etc.

Not really. To me, it doesn't matter which character is drawing the crowds, as long as people get into this lovely series. Shizuru is appealing to anime/manga/yuri fans around the world, can't say I blame the overwhelming attention. If the Mai-Series were a movie at the theaters, Shizuru would be one of the few characters you'd talk about endlessly on your drive home. She has that much impact.

IlliterateKoi wrote:And it probably doesn't help that a lot of fans depict her as being this perfect person who can deal with any situation in a graceful manner despite being an 18 year old girl (Fujino obviously).

Only to the untrained eye. You write for Shizuru, Koi. You understand her as well; you know she has flaws underneath that 'perfect' exterior and that's what makes her captivating. ^_~

IlliterateKoi wrote:On a side note, something that actually quite annoys me is the overuse of 'ara' in fanfiction etc...I'm pretty sure Shizuru doesn't actually say ara that much in the anime...in fact I distinctly remember hearing Nao say it a lot haha...although I’m probably guilty of doing this too in all honesty...and I haven’t actually watched the anime in quite some time so don’t hold me to this Razz

;p Very true and quite a little known fact. It's sexier when Shizuru says it. Enough said.

Welcome to Mai-Multiverse Forum, btw. :3 Thanks for sharing your input with us!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Obviously my comments are pure speculation since I myself do not hate Shizuru lol I'm basically just thinking about why I personally dislike characters from other shows and applying it to this.

And yes, Shizuru saying ara is infinitely sexier than Nao saying it...in fact Shizuru saying anything is damn sexy Wink
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:Obviously my comments are pure speculation since I myself do not hate Shizuru lol I'm basically just thinking about why I personally dislike characters from other shows and applying it to this.

And yes, Shizuru saying ara is infinitely sexier than Nao saying it...in fact Shizuru saying anything is damn sexy Wink

Haha, it's okay. In fact, it's probably the first time I picked apart someone's post in agreement! XD In all seriousness, you are seeing things from their perspective (fans who dislike Shizuru). Which is a good thing. Shizuru Fujino

Blame Naomi~ She is the reason Shizuru's voice makes everyone weak in the knees.

Gakuenchou <----- Especially this young lady. *o*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 am

Fumi also says "ara". ^^ Then again, she barely gets any screen time period so... -sigh-

IlliterateKoi wrote:On the topic of Shizuru never planning on surviving the carnival, I think it’s very possible, but, as she-ga-roo pointed out, wouldn’t that mean that Natsuki would die anyway by being her most important person?

Surely Shizuru wouldn’t go through with it if she thought there was even a chance that Natsuki would be killed because of her actions? So what would happen then? Assuming that they were the only two HiME left, everyone would die and the carnival wouldn’t end?

Well, you have to remember that Shizuru didn't actually know she was Natsuki's important person until that scene where Shizuru almost killed Nao. Heck, Natsuki herself didn't realize this until that scene either.

If Shizuru was planning it from the beginning, it was only until that scene did things seem okay (to Shizuru) for her to die and Natsuki to live.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 am

Shizuru being Natsuki's MIP isn't a factor is it?

Natsuki is Shizuru's MIP, so if Shizuru died so would Natsuki. if I'm missing the point I apologise, I'm half asleep lol
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:54 am

Please keep in mind that I haven't seen the anime in years. Plus I'm not that huge a fan of Natsuki so all the little hints hidden in her story arc usually flew over my head while watching. If I get a fact wrong, feel free to blow my theory out of the water:

If I recall correctly, the Himes actually didn't know what was precisely at stake until Kazuya died and Nagi was all, "Oh yeah, the 'that which is most precious to you' thing I mentioned that you'd be putting into jeopardy? That just happens to be the person you care for most! trololololol~"

Shizuru knew she was a Hime, and she also knew Natsuki was a Hime. Up to this point, Shizuru didn't know she was placing Natsuki's life on the line.

It's not determined that if a Hime themselves dies, so does the MIP. What I got from B-Onna's original post is that she believes Shizuru decided to kill herself from the start. (? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.) She could do so with poison, seppuku, whutevs, but as long as she doesn't kill her own Child, Kiyohime, we don't actually know what could happen, if Natsuki would die or not.

So I guess Shizuru being Natsuki's MIP isn't a factor, no. ^^; Sorry about all that then. I was wrong.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 am

There's something bothering me since I read Koi's first post...

That damn MIP rule... how does it actually work? I never wondered before, but now I feel like there's something quite illogical in it. Think I don't remember exactly what Nagi says about this, but the Child is born from the love a HiME has for her most important person, I'm sure of this. No matter wether it is the Child or the HiME herself which is defeated, as a HiME only loses her fight when her Child is destroyed. So if I am logical (which is not evident for me XP) the Child should disappear if that person comes to die, right?
Yet it is the MIP disappearing when the Child is destroyed, how can it be?

About the HiME dying from accident, suicide or whatever, I don't know what to think. Logically the Child and MIP should die with her, but as her Child and her were not defeated maybe it wouldn't work... We should ask Nagi about that XD

I can't understand why, but very often secondary characters are more appreciated than main characters... I myself always fall in love for some secondary character, and quite often have something to reproach to the principal character (so it goes for Mai, as for many others).
Maybe they are just less "complicated", they don't have the burden of being the main character so they don't feel depressed or act carelessly or whatever that makes them exasperating X3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:If I recall correctly, the Himes actually didn't know what was precisely at stake until Kazuya died and Nagi was all, "Oh yeah, the 'that which is most precious to you' thing I mentioned that you'd be putting into jeopardy? That just happens to be the person you care for most! trololololol~"

Shizuru knew she was a Hime, and she also knew Natsuki was a Hime. Up to this point, Shizuru didn't know she was placing Natsuki's life on the line.

i didn't want to ask after she knew about that MIP-rule. i was just asking myself what if a HiME dies, would her MIP die to or would he/she be still alive since actually the child wasn't destroyed.

well, personaly i like to think, that the MIP just dies if the child of a HiME is actually destroyed during a fight between two HiMEs, since that is what the whole carnival is about: let the HiMEs fight till just one is left. then this whole idea of the what-if-scenario with shizuru and natsuki would make sense. otherwise it would be a story-mistake for the shizuru/natsuki-part at the end.

Hohoemu wrote:We should ask Nagi about that XD

yeah, we should totally do that... but where is that little, sneaky rat if you need him?! XD

Last edited by she-ga-roo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Well, he's supposed to appear from nowhere when his time has come, but as I see no old and sinister library with a giant hand turning above the floor, I won't be able to go and find him... u_u
Seems like we'll have to wait for him to come to us.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:So, I generally think that most people don’t dislike her actual character, more the fan version of her character...which I think has already been said ¬.¬

That would be moi. Fan-version of Shizuru and Natsuki make me wanna kill both of them, where-as in HiME itself I adore the characters.

Also, this topic almost seems to be running in circles.

I myself do not think Shizuru did all the right things, but sometimes love can drive you to the point of insanity and it takes a HELL of a lot to reign yourself in. The worst is when you find yourself in love and the person doesn't return your feelings and/or admit said feelings to themselves. Being driven away and rejected in multiple ways can honestly fuck up a persons mind and drive them to, at least, temporary insanity. A strong person will eventually be able to maintain a sense of normalcy for themselves, but those close to them will see a void and want them to 'reject' or 'give up' on the one they're in love with due to the whole 'more fish in the sea' idea. Not that simple when it's a matter of in love, though. It's something that gets into your core. A feeling of utter and complete destruction that you know you can go on having, but others who care for you will be concerned with if they note it. Shizuru was hiding herself, having her heart slowly eaten away and the she gets called out, rejected, and determined to do everything she could to 'save' Natsuki when, in the end, Natsuki saved them both. If Natsuki hadn't admitted that she at least felt SOMETHING for Shizuru it would've ended far more tragically. Think about it, really. If Natsuki hadn't decided that Shizuru was truly worth something to her and admitted it to herself the series would've went down a far darker path with Natsuki trying to destroy Shizuru... whether intentionally or not. Not wanting to get close to anyone, to love them, to care for them... it's depressing, really. But that's who Natsuki is, yet if she never tried to let Shizuru in or kept rejecting her then... well, the series would've ended in worse tragedy.

Shizuru is a victim to love, a victim to the carnival, a villain out to destroy (maybe I shoulda posted this in the other thread? oh well) anyone who may or may not harm Natsuki... and she can be hated by anyone who does not understand love itself... even more hated by those who find true love/falling in love a fantasy or something for the weak. Hating the fan-version of Shizuru (and Natsuki) is something I will continue to do, but having the thought of hating the real Fujino in HiME? Or the real Kuga? I couldn't bare it.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:51 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
Also, this topic almost seems to be running in circles.

Haha, yes. It's back to our earlier subject. You gotta admit though, that it's a thought-provoking issue. =]

MidnightPersona wrote:I myself do not think Shizuru did all the right things, but sometimes love can drive you to the point of insanity and it takes a HELL of a lot to reign yourself in. The worst is when you find yourself in love and the person doesn't return your feelings and/or admit said feelings to themselves. Being driven away and rejected in multiple ways can honestly fuck up a persons mind and drive them to, at least, temporary insanity. A strong person will eventually be able to maintain a sense of normalcy for themselves, but those close to them will see a void and want them to 'reject' or 'give up' on the one they're in love with due to the whole 'more fish in the sea' idea. Not that simple when it's a matter of in love, though. It's something that gets into your core. A feeling of utter and complete destruction that you know you can go on having, but others who care for you will be concerned with if they note it. Shizuru was hiding herself, having her heart slowly eaten away and the she gets called out, rejected, and determined to do everything she could to 'save' Natsuki when, in the end, Natsuki saved them both. If Natsuki hadn't admitted that she at least felt SOMETHING for Shizuru it would've ended far more tragically. Think about it, really. If Natsuki hadn't decided that Shizuru was truly worth something to her and admitted it to herself the series would've went down a far darker path with Natsuki trying to destroy Shizuru... whether intentionally or not. Not wanting to get close to anyone, to love them, to care for them... it's depressing, really. But that's who Natsuki is, yet if she never tried to let Shizuru in or kept rejecting her then... well, the series would've ended in worse tragedy.

Shizuru is a victim to love, a victim to the carnival, a villain out to destroy (maybe I shoulda posted this in the other thread? oh well) anyone who may or may not harm Natsuki... and she can be hated by anyone who does not understand love itself... even more hated by those who find true love/falling in love a fantasy or something for the weak. Hating the fan-version of Shizuru (and Natsuki) is something I will continue to do, but having the thought of hating the real Fujino in HiME? Or the real Kuga? I couldn't bare it.

Very well-said. =] The last paragraph especially.

This may be a little off topic, but: I've realized that the thing I love most about Shizuru's character is, not her voice, her charming smile, or even her calm demeanor and kindness. What I love most about her character is her ability to truly love somebody. I think that's an amazing quality in a person, pretend or real.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:04 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:This may be a little off topic, but: I've realized that the thing I love most about Shizuru's character is, not her voice, her charming smile, or even her calm demeanor and kindness. What I love most about her character is her ability to truly love somebody. I think that's an amazing quality in a person, pretend or real.

There are different forms of love to me. I felt Shizuru's was very genuine.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
There are different forms of love to me. I felt Shizuru's was very genuine.

Agreed. Well-said. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Personally, I always favored Natsuki and Shizuru since the beginning. I still do now, and probably won't change that.

Mai HiME: The reasons I feel that Shizuru may be hated is her influence on the other characters. I'm stating the obviously ones here though. One would be Haruka, especially when Shizuru had beaten Yukino's child. Another would be Natsuki and what she had done to her, leaving her traumatized for a moment in time. Other people didn't realize what she had expressed for her and others did (I personally would admire someone going that far for the sae of their love). Leadership could be a problem as well, people may find it highly irritating that she barley did anything and even abandoned the school when it was in need. Her being a flirt could also be it as well...disrespectful? Possibly disliking Shizuru teasing Natsuki, Mai HiME fans could find it annoying. That fact that she was going to kill Nao (nao fans...)?

Mai Otome: The use of others for her own desire (Tomoe fans?) that might be a big one. The fact that one again she's very flirtatious and teases everyone.

Not much I could think of for Mai Otome...Well, people also just favor characters and have their own likes and dislikes. Personally I don't mind any of the characters, not like I adore all of them, I just don't hate them. :3
Dead.And.Alive
Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2291
Armitage GUTS!!! : 261

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next