Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

+21
Kuga Natsuki
Dead.And.Alive
IlliterateKoi
Hohoemu
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Cheshire Kat
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
CaptainVonCookie
TheDreamer
Chaglette
ookamidesu
Magus Phantalus
BubuzukeOnna
WorthyDrummer
Luu Sky Sapphire
she-ga-roo
MidnightPersona
MissSoccerNinja
SpiralDasher
Yuri-hime
GAP
25 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? Empty Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

Post by GAP Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to put this but why some people demonize our kaichou? While she didn't display much of a personality in the anime and Episode 22 was a surprise, she was nevertheless a good character and has made into the yuri pantheon. Shizuru is not villainess (although that would had made a good twist) who only exists to torment unsuspecting girls but some fans made her out to be monster with no redeeming qualities. Why do some fans demonize Shizuru?

Also, I read on TVTropes tropes that Episode 22 did bring some values dissonance as Shizuru neglected her duties as the school for taking care of Natsuki.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? Empty Re: Why is Shizuru hated by some fans?

Post by Yuri-hime Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I rate you high for making and posting this thread. Nice job~ Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? A_thumbs

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:12 am

-shrugs- Everyone likes what that like and doesn't like what they don't.

I like her, maybe not as much as I did several years ago, but I still like her. Probably I like her for the same reasons people would hate her- her slip in sanity going so far as it did. (I happen to like yanderes a lot so...)

People maybe hate her because how popular she is with fans? I dunno, I'm just throwing that out blindly there because I'm not one of those people.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:23 am

Yuri-hime wrote:I rate you high for making and posting this thread. Nice job~ Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? A_thumbs

I second that! =]

Thread: I think the haters are jealous of Shizuru's awesomeness. Wink

But on another note, maybe it's also because of what Shiziuru might have (possibly!) done to Natsuki while she was taking care of her after the motorcycle crash/Nao kidnapping. And because of what she (might have!) done to District 1. I've heard her called a "psycho lesbian rapist."

That (above) makes me sad. Personally, I (somebody who loves Shizuru) see her as a person, not as what she's done. And if people want to get really serious about "what Shizuru has done," it's never explicitly stated, what Shizuru did to Natsuki, nor what Shizuru did to District 1. The only things we know for sure are: Shizuru kissed Natsuki while she was asleep, and Shizuru attacked First District.

It's never specifically stated that Shizuru raped Natsuki. (Natsuki's vision of Shizuru disrobing and getting into bed with her could have just been her own, personal assumptions/interpretation of what might of happened.) (In one fanfiction I read, what Shizuru had done that night was merely hold Natsuki, and share her body heat with her because Natsuki was very cold. Who's to say that that isn't what happened?)

It's never explicitly stated that Shizuru killed anybody. We see First District men lying on the ground in front of Kiyohime, but who's to say that they weren't merely unconscious? We see the old women running away and Shizuru following, but we never see her hurt them.

If people really want to judge Shizuru by what she's (for certain) done, some things that she's done include: Shizuru rescued Natsuki from Nao. She nursed Natsuki back to health after the motorcycle accident. She defended the one she loved. She also hid her feelings from Natsuki for a long time, because she was worried about how Natsuki would feel about her love.

Based on that, I see Shizuru as a patient, compassionate, caring, and protective person.

Yes, Shizuru did some crazy things during the Carnival, such as advance towards Nao after she had already defeated her child. But, (as is addressed in detail in a really great discussion in the "Shizuru: Villian or Victim of the Carnival?" thread) but that can be attributed to the influence of the Hime Star (which makes the Hime mentally unstable). Many Hime (including Mai, Shiho, and Nao) did some crazy things during the Hime Carnival.

Natsuki forgave Shizuru for what she had done during the Carnival. Why can't the haters do the same?

All in all, I think it's what a person's personal interpretation of Shizuru is: whether they choose to see her as bad or as good. It's all up to the individual.

I used to hate Yuuichi Tate, but I learned later (after some personal growth) that I only hated the qualities in him that I hated in myself. (This concept is discussed in detail in the "In Defense of Tate Yuuichi" thread.) Now (after I re-watched My-Hime with an open mind, and saw Yuuicihi for the character he is) I like him. =]

And that's my point of view. Wink =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

Also highly rates this post! Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? A_thumbs

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
I think the haters are jealous of Shizuru's awesomeness. Wink

But on another note, maybe it's also because of what Shiziuru might have (possibly!) done to Natsuki while she was taking care of her after the motorcycle crash/Nao kidnapping. And because of what she (might have!) done to District 1. I've heard her called a "psycho lesbian rapist."

That (above) makes me sad. Personally, I (somebody who loves Shizuru) see her as a person, not as what she's done. And if people want to get really serious about "what Shizuru has done," it's never explicitly stated, what Shizuru did to Natsuki, nor what Shizuru did to District 1. The only things we know for sure are: Shizuru kissed Natsuki while she was asleep, and Shizuru attacked First District.

It's never specifically stated that Shizuru raped Natsuki. (Natsuki's vision of Shizuru disrobing and getting into bed with her could have just been her own, personal assumptions/interpretation of what might of happened.) (In one fanfiction I read, what Shizuru had done that night was merely hold Natsuki, and share her body heat with her because Natsuki was very cold. Who's to say that that isn't what happened?)

It's never explicitly stated that Shizuru killed anybody. We see First District men lying on the ground in front of Kiyohime, but who's to say that they weren't merely unconscious? We see the old women running away and Shizuru following, but we never see her hurt them.

If people really want to judge Shizuru by what she's (for certain) done, some things that she's done include: Shizuru rescued Natsuki from Nao. She nursed Natsuki back to health after the motorcycle accident. She defended the one she loved. She also hid her feelings from Natsuki for a long time, because she was worried about how Natsuki would feel about her love.

Based on that, I see Shizuru as a patient, compassionate, caring, and protective person.

Yes, Shizuru did some crazy things during the Carnival, such as advance towards Nao after she had already defeated her child. But, (as is addressed in detail in a really great discussion in the "Shizuru: Villian or Victim of the Carnival?" thread) but that can be attributed to the influence of the Hime Star (which makes the Hime mentally unstable). Many Hime (including Mai, Shiho, and Nao) did some crazy things during the Hime Carnival.

Natsuki forgave Shizuru for what she had done during the Carnival. Why can't the haters do the same?

All in all, I think it's what a person's personal interpretation of Shizuru is: whether they choose to see her as bad or as good. It's all up to the individual.

I used to hate Yuuichi Tate, but I learned later (after some personal growth) that I only hated the qualities in him that I hated in myself. (This concept is discussed in detail in the "In Defense of Tate Yuuichi" thread.) Now (after I re-watched My-Hime with an open mind, and saw Yuuicihi for the character he is) I like him. =]

And that's my point of view. Wink =]

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 am

Shizuru is a character who can be seen in many different ways.

She can be hated, and loved.

I've been on both ends.

At first, I HATED Shizuru. Not a 'jealousy' or anything. I saw her as... well, terrible. I could not understand why she would do the things she did. Also, Haruka being my favorite I couldn't bare her after what she did to the point I wanted to leave my friend Kyle's house and never watch HiME again. He forced me.

The ShizNat kiss didn't redeem her for me. I saw her as wrong, she shouldn't have done any of it. She lost it on a level I couldn't comprehend and I didn't see why she COULD.

But then, a little over a year later, I fell in love with Shizuru (not more than Haruka, but still.)

Shizuru, I realized, lost it so much because she was TRULY in love with Natsuki. A part of me didn't want to accept I never found that love, but a bad breakup sent me on a similar path, but it was more for revenge, not to help my ex. I was a double-edge sowrd. I wanted to help her, but in helping her I wanted her to feel the pain I felt. I wanted her to understand what it was like to be cast aside like dirt... and cheated on.

But Shizuru? She didn't desire to hurt Natsuki, she truly wanted to save her, even by becoming a demon herself...

"If the HiME who wins all the battles can obtain incredible power like you say, well, then there may still be a chance. Besides, you’ve already realized it by now I’m sure… the feelings that you have inside. For that person who’s more precious to you than anyone. In a world where nothing goes the way you want there might just be one thing you can count on. It’s love. Your love for another. For those feelings, and for that special person you desire, you might even be willing to become a demon. You might even be allowed to become a demon…" -Reito Kanzaki, EP. 21

The only way to TRULY understand Shizuru is to truly fall in love, or at least understand the concept. I do, now. Both revenge and love and both are powerful things. Fighting for yourself, your dreams, your desires... but fighting for someone else can make you do everything 10x better... or 10x worse depending.

Shizuru is tragic, but her happy ending happens. If it didn't, I honestly believe she would have ended herself the second she got the chance.

Love can destroy. Letting yourself trust and rely on others can slowly break your will... sometimes it just takes one person to put you off if caring forever.

I have my own fears, my own doubts... I try. I'm difficult to understand, by words are easily misunderstood and twisted. It's not hard to think I mean one thing when I mean another. I like to think I am reliable, but if you fuck me I'll fuck you right back and not in a good way. Some people I can forgive... but that doesn't mean a damned thing if I cease to trust them.

Yet... sometimes you gotta find something worth fighting for. Honestly, someone for me, and people like Shizuru. Hell, Haruka and Shizuru both are people who FIGHT for someone. Haruka is dense, loud, and kindhearted. What she does she also thinks of Yukino. Sometimes she gets carried away, but she always makes sure Yukino is behind her. As Shizuru fucking became student council president JUST to help Natsuki. She looks at Natsuki to do everything for her, to save her. To save herself.

Love is powerful. So is Hate. People throw around love like it's nothing, but seem appalled at hate more.

So, that's why I honestly believe both the people who Hate and Love Shizuru are WRONG.

Why? Most of them ignore the DEEPER MEANING and only see the surface.

That is why I HATE the 'fan-version' Shizuru, but love the REAL one.

MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 am

Yuri-hime wrote:Also highly rates this post! Why is Shizuru hated by some fans? A_thumbs

Thanks! =]

MidnightPersona wrote:Shizuru is a character who can be seen in many different ways.

She can be hated, and loved.

I've been on both ends.

At first, I HATED Shizuru. Not a 'jealousy' or anything. I saw her as... well, terrible. I could not understand why she would do the things she did. Also, Haruka being my favorite I couldn't bare her after what she did to the point I wanted to leave my friend Kyle's house and never watch HiME again. He forced me.

The ShizNat kiss didn't redeem her for me. I saw her as wrong, she shouldn't have done any of it. She lost it on a level I couldn't comprehend and I didn't see why she COULD.

But then, a little over a year later, I fell in love with Shizuru (not more than Haruka, but still.)

Shizuru, I realized, lost it so much because she was TRULY in love with Natsuki. A part of me didn't want to accept I never found that love, but a bad breakup sent me on a similar path, but it was more for revenge, not to help my ex. I was a double-edge sowrd. I wanted to help her, but in helping her I wanted her to feel the pain I felt. I wanted her to understand what it was like to be cast aside like dirt... and cheated on.

But Shizuru? She didn't desire to hurt Natsuki, she truly wanted to save her, even by becoming a demon herself...

"If the HiME who wins all the battles can obtain incredible power like you say, well, then there may still be a chance. Besides, you’ve already realized it by now I’m sure… the feelings that you have inside. For that person who’s more precious to you than anyone. In a world where nothing goes the way you want there might just be one thing you can count on. It’s love. Your love for another. For those feelings, and for that special person you desire, you might even be willing to become a demon. You might even be allowed to become a demon…" -Reito Kanzaki, EP. 21

The only way to TRULY understand Shizuru is to truly fall in love, or at least understand the concept. I do, now. Both revenge and love and both are powerful things. Fighting for yourself, your dreams, your desires... but fighting for someone else can make you do everything 10x better... or 10x worse depending.

Shizuru is tragic, but her happy ending happens. If it didn't, I honestly believe she would have ended herself the second she got the chance.

Love can destroy. Letting yourself trust and rely on others can slowly break your will... sometimes it just takes one person to put you off if caring forever.

I have my own fears, my own doubts... I try. I'm difficult to understand, by words are easily misunderstood and twisted. It's not hard to think I mean one thing when I mean another. I like to think I am reliable, but if you fuck me I'll fuck you right back and not in a good way. Some people I can forgive... but that doesn't mean a damned thing if I cease to trust them.

Yet... sometimes you gotta find something worth fighting for. Honestly, someone for me, and people like Shizuru. Hell, Haruka and Shizuru both are people who FIGHT for someone. Haruka is dense, loud, and kindhearted. What she does she also thinks of Yukino. Sometimes she gets carried away, but she always makes sure Yukino is behind her. As Shizuru fucking became student council president JUST to help Natsuki. She looks at Natsuki to do everything for her, to save her. To save herself.

Love is powerful. So is Hate. People throw around love like it's nothing, but seem appalled at hate more.

So, that's why I honestly believe both the people who Hate and Love Shizuru are WRONG.

Why? Most of them ignore the DEEPER MEANING and only see the surface.

That is why I HATE the 'fan-version' Shizuru, but love the REAL one.

Wow...that was a really great post. It honestly almost made me cry. (Wants very much to give you a hug but doesn't want to seem creepy...aw, what the heck: *gives you a hug anyways*)

Your words were really deep (and they hit my heart really deeply), and I felt as if I could almost feel the emotion in your words. I'm really sorry you were hurt so badly... I really, honestly hope you're able to recover from the pain you were forced to feel. 😢

The last part struck me. I think you make a very good point. (About throwing around love.) I found that I do throw the word around sometimes ("I love cookies! I love this song! Etc." , but I don't say it to people loosely. (Just ask my girlfriend. It took me a real long time for me to admit to her, and even to myself, that I love her.)

I don't know exactly how you feel (although I've been hurt, and even manipulated by a former girlfriend, I'm not you, so I'm sorry to say that I don't know exactly what you've going through), but I can relate to being very guarded and unforgiving when it comes to loss of trust. My former (key word is former) best friend knows this very well. I don't blame you at all for wanting to fuck somebody up that's fucked with you (not in a good way).

I don't know you very well, but even so, I think you seem like a really cool person. And I don't say that unless I mean it (which I do). I really hope you find somebody someday who is really special to you, and who will appreciate you for who you are. =]

(Sorry if what I've said is a little bit weird... Please know that I don't mean to be weird, your words just really affected me.)

Back to your post: I'm curious, what's your interpretation of "Fan Shizuru" and "Real Shizuru"?

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Wow...that was a really great post. It honestly almost made me cry. (Wants very much to give you a hug but doesn't want to seem creepy...aw, what the heck: *gives you a hug anyways*)

Your words were really deep (and they hit my heart really deeply), and I felt as if I could almost feel the emotion in your words. I'm really sorry you were hurt so badly... I really, honestly hope you're able to recover from the pain you were forced to feel. 😢

The last part struck me. I think you make a very good point. (About throwing around love.) I found that I do throw the word around sometimes ("I love cookies! I love this song! Etc." , but I don't say it to people loosely. (Just ask my girlfriend. It took me a real long time for me to admit to her, and even to myself, that I love her.)

I don't know exactly how you feel (although I've been hurt, and even manipulated by a former girlfriend, I'm not you, so I'm sorry to say that I don't know exactly what you've going through), but I can relate to being very guarded and unforgiving when it comes to loss of trust. My former (key word is former) best friend knows this very well. I don't blame you at all for wanting to fuck somebody up that's fucked with you (not in a good way).

I don't know you very well, but even so, I think you seem like a really cool person. And I don't say that unless I mean it (which I do). I really hope you find somebody someday who is really special to you, and who will appreciate you for who you are. =]

(Sorry if what I've said is a little bit weird... Please know that I don't mean to be weird, your words just really affected me.)

Back to your post: I'm curious, what's your interpretation of "Fan Shizuru" and "Real Shizuru"?

*Hugs back* It's fine, though I must admit not everything I said was purely based off myself.

Also, I have told my girlfriend I love her, but it took me being sure of myself. I said it knowing I wasn't sure HOW I love her yet. I knew it was to a friend-level for sure, and that was enough for me, but I waited till we were in person to just feel right for myself. Wherever this relationship goes, I know I can't regret it.

To me, fan-version of Shizuru is perfection. Nothing wrong with her, Natsuki loves her and they have no REAL issues and just focus on how Shizuru woos her and wins her. Or the fact people try and make Shizuru seem like nothing more than happy and cunning. She is, but she has emotions and she's HUMAN. She has flaws, she has fears, she has doubt, and no one WANTS to show that side of her. That's the side of her everyone should know best after she revels she's a HiME, but no. They focus on nothing more than "Ara~ Ara~" and all that fun, stupid shit.

She's deeper than that, and the fans manipulating and twisting her for their sick pleasure of a 'perfect girl' sickens me. It makes me feel like fan-Natsuki is just all the mary-sues who want Shizuru...

No offense meant to anyone, really. I just... yeah. As I said somewhere... HaruKino fans write Shizuru more true to herself. The ones I read, at least. Shizuru is deeper in those fics, Natsuki too. I will find and PM to anyone who desire to read the two fics I speak of.

So, yes. I cannot read most fanfics. They just... >.O I get angry easily and it makes me wanna asdfjkl; so I just refuse to read ShizNat.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 pm

@ MidnightPersona
i can totally agree with almost everything you said about love and hate and the fan/real shizuru.

to the love/hate thing:
i agree with you, that people tend to say it way to often in a non serious way, like it's just a nice word wih no special meaning behind it. actuall i had the same thoughts about hate. hate isn't a word i would throw around with either.

to the real/fan shizuru:
fact is: shizuru isn't perfect. even if she pretends to be most of time. but i think that's okay. i like her character the way it is. i think people who dislike her maybe don't really understand what's behind her character and actions. let's pic the student council thing for example. some time ago i've read a fanfiction where the writer let shizuru appear as a lazy/irresponsible person because she let haruka do most of the work and just vanished from school grounds when she took care of natsuki. maybe this was intended, but to me it looked like the wirter don't like her and didn't understand the things behind these actions. shizuru never wanted to be studen council president for herself, just to help natsuki. that's the erason she went away to take care of the other girl and save her, what in turn became her new goal. so i think soem poeple can't look deeper to see something like that.

to shiznat:
not all storys are that bad as you let they look like at the end of your comment. some are really good and really go behind the perfect facade to let us see that shizuru is, in face, not perfect. i just want to say, like to the people who just see the perfect shizuru: try to look closer and you'll probabley find some shiznat story which are worth your time reading them ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:24 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:@ MidnightPersona
i can totally agree with almost everything you said about love and hate and the fan/real shizuru.

to the love/hate thing:
i agree with you, that people tend to say it way to often in a non serious way, like it's just a nice word wih no special meaning behind it. actuall i had the same thoughts about hate. hate isn't a word i would throw around with either.

to the real/fan shizuru:
fact is: shizuru isn't perfect. even if she pretends to be most of time. but i think that's okay. i like her character the way it is. i think people who dislike her maybe don't really understand what's behind her character and actions. let's pic the student council thing for example. some time ago i've read a fanfiction where the writer let shizuru appear as a lazy/irresponsible person because she let haruka do most of the work and just vanished from school grounds when she took care of natsuki. maybe this was intended, but to me it looked like the wirter don't like her and didn't understand the things behind these actions. shizuru never wanted to be studen council president for herself, just to help natsuki. that's the erason she went away to take care of the other girl and save her, what in turn became her new goal. so i think soem poeple can't look deeper to see something like that.

to shiznat:
not all storys are that bad as you let they look like at the end of your comment. some are really good and really go behind the perfect facade to let us see that shizuru is, in face, not perfect. i just want to say, like to the people who just see the perfect shizuru: try to look closer and you'll probabley find some shiznat story which are worth your time reading them ^^

I agree. =]

Midnight Persona: I'm sure there are a lot of "perfect Shizuru" plots out there, but you've also got to consider: What is "perfect"? For some, perfect means "without flaws." For others, it means "you have flaws, but I don't give a damn about that. I accept you for who you are, flaws and all." It really depends on an individual's interpretation of the word "perfect" as well.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:38 pm

The point for me is Perfection in Imperfection, but that still doesn't make the perfect most represent. Also, I am not INTO enough ShizNat to care to go through the dribble to find a story where it's done correctly. If I want good ShizNat, I read HaruKino. xD Weird, yes. But true for me. There are too many damn ShizNat's for me to care to look through ALL OF THEM for something good. I tried at one point, but wanted to throw my computer.

But Shizuru is a very deep character, almost all of the HiME are. Hell, even Akane. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:The point for me is Perfection in Imperfection, but that still doesn't make the perfect most represent. Also, I am not INTO enough ShizNat to care to go through the dribble to find a story where it's done correctly. If I want good ShizNat, I read HaruKino. xD Weird, yes. But true for me. There are too many damn ShizNat's for me to care to look through ALL OF THEM for something good. I tried at one point, but wanted to throw my computer.

But Shizuru is a very deep character, almost all of the HiME are. Hell, even Akane. xD

I think this is where I cease to understand your point of view (this is where it all comes down to personal interpretation). To read good Shiznat, I read Shiznat: I love Shiznat. Reading it makes me happy. It may not always be "perfect (flawless)" writing and plot, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I get to read about my two favorite characters loving each other. This makes me happy. =] I am interested in reading Harukino fanfiction now though (to see how Shizuru and Natsuki are, as well as because I like Harukino).

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:06 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:

I think this is where I cease to understand your point of view (this is where it all comes down to personal interpretation). To read good Shiznat, I read Shiznat: I love Shiznat. Reading it makes me happy. It may not always be "perfect (flawless)" writing and plot, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I get to read about my two favorite characters loving each other......

i agree to this one. i say it myself, too. some shiznat really suck. but i can't see that from the start so i have to read and built my opinion if it's good or bad shiznat... (okay these where the wrong words, so scratch that)... if it's shiznat i like or don't like. (that's better ^^)
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I can PM you the two HaruKino fics I mean. They're both long, 10 long chapters or more, but they're REALLY good. Any ShizNat fan can appreciate them, I am sure. Obviously it centers around my pairing of choice, but yeah. :3
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:34 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I can PM you the two HaruKino fics I mean. They're both long, 10 long chapters or more, but they're REALLY good. Any ShizNat fan can appreciate them, I am sure. Obviously it centers around my pairing of choice, but yeah. :3

well, for my part: you really made me curious. so please PM them to me ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:I can PM you the two HaruKino fics I mean. They're both long, 10 long chapters or more, but they're REALLY good. Any ShizNat fan can appreciate them, I am sure. Obviously it centers around my pairing of choice, but yeah. :3

well, for my part: you really made me curious. so please PM them to me ^^

I second that (me too). =] I probably won't be able to read them for awile (I need to finish some fanfics my girlfriend recommended), but I will definitely read them.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:

I second that (me too). =] I probably won't be able to read them for awile (I need to finish some fanfics my girlfriend recommended), but I will definitely read them.

don't remindme on finishing fanfictions ^^; gah... i'm really too slow with writing them sweatdrop
but could you send me your stories, too? or are you on ff.net, then just send me the link to your page please ^^

uhm... what was the main topic again? haha ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:

don't remindme on finishing fanfictions ^^; gah... i'm really too slow with writing them sweatdrop
but could you send me your stories, too? or are you on ff.net, then just send me the link to your page please ^^

uhm... what was the main topic again? haha ^^

I did not write them, so yeah. xD Both were done by different writers. One HiME-verse and one Otome-verse. My internet is REALLY fucking up so as soon as I can get to the links, get to the PMs, and send them off... I will.

There's also a collab SpiralDasher and I are doing, but it's HaruKino MidorixYouko. So Shizuru is only mentioned in passing. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:18 pm

well, thanx again for the links ^^
i'll read them when i have some time.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:11 pm

To me, most of the reasons behind it is because of her "overrated" status. Can't really argue that there's a certain ring of truth to it. Here's the simple truth a lot of people may or may not like: I don't care if she's hated. Shizuru Fujino left quite a history making mark on this fandom and the yuri community in general. She drew me in with her powerful storyline and character in the latter part of HiME. It's because of her (and Natsuki) that we're all together now.

Nothing but love and respect for the gay kyoto-ben fairy.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:To me, most of the reasons behind it is because of her "overrated" status. Can't really argue that there's a certain ring of truth to it. Here's the simple truth a lot of people may or may not like: I don't care if she's hated. Shizuru Fujino left quite a history making mark on this fandom and the yuri community in general. She drew me in with her powerful storyline and character in the latter part of HiME. It's because of her (and Natsuki) that we're all together now.

Nothing but love and respect for the gay kyoto-ben fairy.

Honestly, I don't care if something is 'overrated' if it's good. I just hate the abuse she gets from fans. Some people make me sick from how little they seem to know about characters they claim to love, not just Shizuru.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Honestly, I don't care if something is 'overrated' if it's good. I just hate the abuse she gets from fans. Some people make me sick from how little they seem to know about characters they claim to love, not just Shizuru.

And ShizNat is THAT *damn* good, otherwise nobody would like them. You're right about how much some fans actually know about certain characters. But hey, whatever gets them into the Mai-Series is a good start. Then fans like us with an open mind can guide them properly, y'know?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:Honestly, I don't care if something is 'overrated' if it's good. I just hate the abuse she gets from fans. Some people make me sick from how little they seem to know about characters they claim to love, not just Shizuru.

And ShizNat is THAT *damn* good, otherwise nobody would like them. You're right about how much some fans actually know about certain characters. But hey, whatever gets them into the Mai-Series is a good start. Then fans like us with an open mind can guide them properly, y'know?

well, if there's someone who could guide them, it would definitely be you, luu ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 am

she-ga-roo wrote:well, if there's someone who could guide them, it would definitely be you, luu ^^

^_^ Thank you, She-san. It's a team effort though, I can't do it alone. ShizNat The relationship between Shizuru and Natsuki is a beautiful one, I don't see how it could be tarnished so easily. No matter, they will always be my favorite couple and anyone willing to see that will be grateful to have ever met those two. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

if you need help, i would gladly team up behind you as a loyal soldier.
if it's necessary armed with negi leek

Last edited by she-ga-roo on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next