Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

+11
mandygirl78
Defiant
Ice Silver Crystal
Highman
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
GAP
Chaglette
hildebrant
Sergay Tate
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 4 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by hildebrant Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm

GAP wrote:You know Tate isn't that bad, he just gets screwed over by the events of the anime but he does get better.

You got it Gap, he does indeed get screwed over alot and unfortunately branded with the title of hentai for looking at Mai's breasts but he does indeed make up for it in a big way. later on.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 4 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 am

GAP wrote:You know Tate isn't that bad, he just gets screwed over by the events of the anime but he does get better.

He's a guy that put up with a lot of Mai's personal problems that she had trouble sharing. Tate was always willing to not only help, but listen to her issues. Even her role as a HiME with incredible powers didn't stop him from taking actions, if anything it fueled his determination for her. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

He's a guy that put up with a lot of Mai's personal problems that she had trouble sharing. Tate was always willing to not only help, but listen to her issues. Even her role as a HiME with incredible powers didn't stop him from taking actions, if anything it fueled his determination for her. XD

Thats why I consider him a stronger person than me. I'd never had been able to handle that woman, or those RPG monsters she and her friends fought on a daily basis or the fact that she can fly and burn me to a crisp. I'd be paranoid from day one upon finding that out, Yuuichi just thought it was cool. But its why he deserves Mai and I don't so go ahead Tate, you've earned her
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:01 pm

hildebrant wrote:Thats why I consider him a stronger person than me. I'd never had been able to handle that woman, or those RPG monsters she and her friends fought on a daily basis or the fact that she can fly and burn me to a crisp. I'd be paranoid from day one upon finding that out, Yuuichi just thought it was cool. But its why he deserves Mai and I don't so go ahead Tate, you've earned her

Hmm, you say you relate to Tate, but when it comes to women you find yourself coming up short? Give yourself more credit than that, dude. :) Or maybe it's when you deal with women like Mai that makes things difficult for you?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Thats why I consider him a stronger person than me. I'd never had been able to handle that woman, or those RPG monsters she and her friends fought on a daily basis or the fact that she can fly and burn me to a crisp. I'd be paranoid from day one upon finding that out, Yuuichi just thought it was cool. But its why he deserves Mai and I don't so go ahead Tate, you've earned her

Hmm, you say you relate to Tate, but when it comes to women you find yourself coming up short? Give yourself more credit than that, dude. :) Or maybe it's when you deal with women like Mai that makes things difficult for you?

I guess its that I don't handle Tsunderes very well. I try not to give myself much credit in order to be humble but yeah I do go a bit overboard at times with the self deprecation. Sorry to once again go off topic, I'll try to once again keep it at praising Yuuichi
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 pm

hildebrant wrote:I guess its that I don't handle Tsunderes very well. I try not to give myself much credit in order to be humble but yeah I do go a bit overboard at times with the self deprecation. Sorry to once again go off topic, I'll try to once again keep it at praising Yuuichi

Oh I'm not holding the self-belittling against you, I just feel we all have something to be proud of. :) And stop apologizing please, I'm the one who asked you the question and I thank you for answering it. *punches your shoulder* Buck up, dude.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:00 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I guess its that I don't handle Tsunderes very well. I try not to give myself much credit in order to be humble but yeah I do go a bit overboard at times with the self deprecation. Sorry to once again go off topic, I'll try to once again keep it at praising Yuuichi

hildebrant, don't worry, you're good. =] We're all still praising Yuuichi here. =]

I consider myself a Natsuki/Shiznat, so I don't consider myself somebody who knows everything about Yuuichi and Mai's relationship, but I see Mai and Yuuichi's relationship as evenly balanced. Sometimes Mai deals with Yuuichi, and sometimes (ok, a lot of the time, but I'll explain that later) Yuuichi deals with Mai, because they don't always agree on things, but overall they respect and love each other, as well as appreciate everything that they do for each other. They're partners. =]

About the thing about Yuuichi having to deal with Mai a lot of the time, I think that in a relationship, the guy (or the person in the relationship who is the protector, even if they're not a guy*cough! Natsuki! cough!*) has to be extra considerate of their girl. It's a lot of effort sometimes, but it's just what we do. =] I think that Yuuichi does a really awesome job of that with Mai. He has the patience and understanding to be Mai's protector. I think that, Mai's a strong girl, but she's still a girl, who appreciates being cared about. =]

hildebrant, you never have to feel ashamed of being yourself. You are who are you are. =] If it counts for anything, in the short time I've known you (or at least been able to read your posts and writing) I already think you're a great guy with a lot of great qualities. =] Luu's right, I think the only one here who doesn't yet realize that you have a lot of great qualities, is you. =]
Mai doesn't have to be your type. We're not always a perfect match to our favorite characters, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm curious, what type of girl is your type? =]

As a side note, though, like Luu said, don't sell yourself short. I think, if you were really put into Yuuichi's situation, you'd probably be pleasantly surprised as to how strong you are. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

hildebrant, don't worry, you're good. =] We're all still praising Yuuichi here. =]

I consider myself a Natsuki/Shiznat, so I don't consider myself somebody who knows everything about Yuuichi and Mai's relationship, but I see Mai and Yuuichi's relationship as evenly balanced. Sometimes Mai deals with Yuuichi, and sometimes (ok, a lot of the time, but I'll explain that later) Yuuichi deals with Mai, because they don't always agree on things, but overall they respect and love each other, as well as appreciate everything that they do for each other. They're partners. =]

About the thing about Yuuichi having to deal with Mai a lot of the time, I think that in a relationship, the guy (or the person in the relationship who is the protector, even if they're not a guy*cough! Natsuki! cough!*) has to be extra considerate of their girl. It's a lot of effort sometimes, but it's just what we do. =] I think that Yuuichi does a really awesome job of that with Mai. He has the patience and understanding to be Mai's protector. I think that, Mai's a strong girl, but she's still a girl, who appreciates being cared about. =]

hildebrant, you never have to feel ashamed of being yourself. You are who are you are. =] If it counts for anything, in the short time I've known you (or at least been able to read your posts and writing) I already think you're a great guy with a lot of great qualities. =] Luu's right, I think the only one here who doesn't yet realize that you have a lot of great qualities, is you. =]
Mai doesn't have to be your type. We're not always a perfect match to our favorite characters, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm curious, what type of girl is your type? =]

As a side note, though, like Luu said, don't sell yourself short. I think, if you were really put into Yuuichi's situation, you'd probably be pleasantly surprised as to how strong you are. =]

It's good we're all still praising Yuuichi here. Sorry to shift the focus onto me all of a sudden.

I can understand that being a Shiznat supporter that it would be difficult to know how Mai and Yuuichi's relationship works out and at times I find it frustrating in how Sunrise pulled it off but I guess thats how it would have gone if Mai had only had Takumi and maybe Mikoto to worry about and not Orphans, SEARSS, and the whole Carnival. Thanks to Sister Yukariko we got a nice long look at how Mai would have liked her life to go and it showed that she wanted a relationship with Yuuichi, problem is she saw through everything and didn't even get to kiss Yuuichi in the dream world. But its the thought that counts, at least I hope so.

Also, it may just be me but I wonder if deep down inside it ever gets to Yuuichi having to be the one who gets saved all the time by Mai herself, no powers at all and he needs saving from the Final Fantasy monsters

Like I said with Luu I tend to go into self deprecation to keep myself from getting a big head and a big ego about my works. Thanks for the appreciation you have for me and my works. As for what girl I'm interested in, I really think this is going a bit off topic but, I like one that's well nice, sweet, demure, has a bit of an attitude and is able to offer up her own opinion and critique my work when it needs it and help me out with trouble when I run into it and be there for me when I need the help. I told someone this once and they called me a sexist.

Thanks for the support, it may have changed the outlook on a few Yuuichi based fanarts I had planned.

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:15 pm

hildebrant wrote:It's good we're all still praising Yuuichi here. Sorry to shift the focus onto me all of a sudden.

I can understand that being a Shiznat supporter that it would be difficult to know how Mai and Yuuichi's relationship works out and at times I find it frustrating in how Sunrise pulled it off but I guess thats how it would have gone if Mai had only had Takumi and maybe Mikoto to worry about and not Orphans, SEARSS, and the whole Carnival. Thanks to Sister Yukariko we got a nice long look at how Mai would have liked her life to go and it showed that she wanted a relationship with Yuuichi, problem is she saw through everything and didn't even get to kiss Yuuichi in the dream world. But its the thought that counts, at least I hope so.

Also, it may just be me but I wonder if deep down inside it ever gets to Yuuichi having to be the one who gets saved all the time by Mai herself, no powers at all and he needs saving from the Final Fantasy monsters

Like I said with Luu I tend to go into self deprecation to keep myself from getting a big head and a big ego about my works. Thanks for the appreciation you have for me and my works. As for what girl I'm interested in, I really think this is going a bit off topic but, I like one that's well nice, sweet, demure, has a bit of an attitude and is able to offer up her own opinion and critique my work when it needs it and help me out with trouble when I run into it and be there for me when I need the help. I told someone this once and they called me a sexist.

Thanks for the support, it may have changed the outlook on a few Yuuichi based fanarts I had planned.

No problem! =]

Haha, yeah, sorry, I tend to get off-topic a lot. sweatdrop One last thing about that though: I think that the person who said that you're sexist is crazy. There's nothing wrong with liking nice, cool girls like the type of girl you described. =]

That's a good question. I don't know what it's like to be a guy, but I do know what it's like to want to help the people you care about. It's very troubling when you can't. I think it did get to Yuuichi at least on some level, judging by the scene where he got out his old kendo sword and swung it a few times, after awhile putting it down and laying back down on his bed (in a defeated manner, in my opinion) and said that there was no way (he thought) he could help.

I actually respect Yuuichi for his ability to not turn away/give up (in a ridiculously macho huff, like some truly sexist men would) when he realized that the Hime were more powerful than him and that he couldn't do much on a supernatural level. I think that he actually did do so much, especially for Mai, by just being himself, and treating Mai like a person, rather than a superhuman (in both Hime abilities and her ability to take care of the ones around her). The scene that's coming to mind for me right now, is the scene where Yuuichi puts his umbrella over Mai in the rain, and then when they're having iced coffees in the pavilion by the playground area. I think that he's charming in his own humble yet strong way.

I think that Reito tried to do what Yuuichi did in the show, but he failed because he kept a lot of emotional distance from Mai, saying that he trusted her to handle things, while Yuuichi did the same but also showed that he cared about Mai. Even when he said that he wouldn't "root for" Mai because it was a ridiculous concept, he let her know that he knew that she was already doing her best, and that he believed in her. In that scene, there was a tenderness/emotional connection between Yuuichi and Mai. (While in Reito's scenes with Mai, it was usually tense. Even when Mai and Reito went out on a date, the atmosphere still seemed pretty formal and reserved, like there were secrets (which there in fact were)).

I think that there's more than just one hero in Mai-Hime (Mai being the main one, of course). I also think that Yuuichi is the hero who isn't the normal definition of a hero. He may not have powers, but he's strong.

I loved the "Mai's perfect world" scene! The only thing that could have made it better was Shiznat. X3 True to the nature of the show, though, we couldn't get our happy ending just yet. There was always a catch (until the very end, where things are finally ok).

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:It's good we're all still praising Yuuichi here. Sorry to shift the focus onto me all of a sudden.

No problem! =]

Haha, yeah, sorry, I tend to get off-topic a lot. sweatdrop One last thing about that though: I think that the person who said that you're sexist is crazy. There's nothing wrong with liking nice, cool girls like the type of girl you described. =]

That's a good question. I don't know what it's like to be a guy, but I do know what it's like to want to help the people you care about. It's very troubling when you can't. I think it did get to Yuuichi at least on some level, judging by the scene where he got out his old kendo sword and swung it a few times, after awhile putting it down and laying back down on his bed (in a defeated manner, in my opinion) and said that there was no way (he thought) he could help.

I actually respect Yuuichi for his ability to not turn away/give up (in a ridiculously macho huff, like some truly sexist men would) when he realized that the Hime were more powerful than him and that he couldn't do much on a supernatural level. I think that he actually did do so much, especially for Mai, by just being himself, and treating Mai like a person, rather than a superhuman (in both Hime abilities and her ability to take care of the ones around her). The scene that's coming to mind for me right now, is the scene where Yuuichi puts his umbrella over Mai in the rain, and then when they're having iced coffees in the pavilion by the playground area. I think that he's charming in his own humble yet strong way.

I think that Reito tried to do what Yuuichi did in the show, but he failed because he kept a lot of emotional distance from Mai, saying that he trusted her to handle things, while Yuuichi did the same but also showed that he cared about Mai. Even when he said that he wouldn't "root for" Mai because it was a ridiculous concept, he let her know that he knew that she was already doing her best, and that he believed in her. In that scene, there was a tenderness/emotional connection between Yuuichi and Mai. (While in Reito's scenes with Mai, it was usually tense. Even when Mai and Reito went out on a date, the atmosphere still seemed pretty formal and reserved, like there were secrets (which there in fact were)).

I think that there's more than just one hero in Mai-Hime (Mai being the main one, of course). I also think that Yuuichi is the hero who isn't the normal definition of a hero. He may not have powers, but he's strong.

I loved the "Mai's perfect world" scene! The only thing that could have made it better was Shiznat. X3 True to the nature of the show, though, we couldn't get our happy ending just yet. There was always a catch (until the very end, where things are finally ok).

Yeah the person who said that said a few other things to me that still haunt me to this day. Worst part is she flat out denied ever saying it to me when I called her on it. Still I'm glad to see you have no issues with what types of women I like.

Yeah one thing we can thank Yuuichi for is being the determinator and doing all he could to help Mai no matter what. Yes the scene of him helping Mai in the rain and offering her the coffee was a really sweet moment. The follow up the next day where Mai tosses Yuuichi another can of iced coffee was also a nice gesture on her part. The whole scene shows another side to Yuuichi and sadly alot of people tend to overlook it.

Another scene I liked, even if it was pretty sad was when Yuuichi was up on the roof, talking to Mai after Shiho got hurt and how Yuuichi acknowledged being stupid and her getting hurt was the result, you could see Mai wasn't making any wisecracks at his expense and was totally sympathetic. I liked that scene and when Yuuichi looks back with the sun at his back and a sad look on his face was another powerful moment for me being a Yuuichi fan.

Another small yet noticeable moment was when Mai was in Midori's hospital room she almost writes Yuuichi's name on the window, showing that deep down inside she's thinking about him and how she wants him to help her even though she's been the type to do it all on her own for so long.
I'm glad Yuuichi's girl was able to see through Reito's deception. I'd like to think that Mai would go for someone who's a bit more working class as opposed to someone who would go home to a bunch of maids or butlers, but thats just me guessing.

Yeah even though there was a hidden meaning to Sister Yukariko's child showing Mai her perfect world, what would have made it even better was seeing her go beyond just a kiss in high school and complimenting Yuuichi, I would have wanted to see it go all the way to them getting married or Yuuichi just proposing to Mai. Yeah I'm that much of a fan of those two and these are the things that come out of my mouth when I gush over them.

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:11 pm

hildebrant wrote:Yeah the person who said that said a few other things to me that still haunt me to this day. Worst part is she flat out denied ever saying it to me when I called her on it. Still I'm glad to see you have no issues with what types of women I like.

Yeah one thing we can thank Yuuichi for is being the determinator and doing all he could to help Mai no matter what. Yes the scene of him helping Mai in the rain and offering her the coffee was a really sweet moment. The follow up the next day where Mai tosses Yuuichi another can of iced coffee was also a nice gesture on her part. The whole scene shows another side to Yuuichi and sadly alot of people tend to overlook it.

Another scene I liked, even if it was pretty sad was when Yuuichi was up on the roof, talking to Mai after Shiho got hurt and how Yuuichi acknowledged being stupid and her getting hurt was the result, you could see Mai wasn't making any wisecracks at his expense and was totally sympathetic. I liked that scene and when Yuuichi looks back with the sun at his back and a sad look on his face was another powerful moment for me being a Yuuichi fan.

Another small yet noticeable moment was when Mai was in Midori's hospital room she almost writes Yuuichi's name on the window, showing that deep down inside she's thinking about him and how she wants him to help her even though she's been the type to do it all on her own for so long.
I'm glad Yuuichi's girl was able to see through Reito's deception. I'd like to think that Mai would go for someone who's a bit more working class as opposed to someone who would go home to a bunch of maids or butlers, but thats just me guessing.

Yeah even though there was a hidden meaning to Sister Yukariko's child showing Mai her perfect world, what would have made it even better was seeing her go beyond just a kiss in high school and complimenting Yuuichi, I would have wanted to see it go all the way to them getting married or Yuuichi just proposing to Mai. Yeah I'm that much of a fan of those two and these are the things that come out of my mouth when I gush over them.

I'm sorry that girl's such a jerk. =/ It's much easier to tell somebody to not care about what others say, than it is to actually do it, nonetheless, don't worry about jerks like that in life. What matters is the opinions you form about yourself.

I loved that moment (with the hot coffee the next day) too! Adorable scenes like these are the ones that really show Yuuichi and Mai's chemistry. If those people were to pay attention to that scene and others like it, they wouldn't be able to miss the chemistry. =]

That (scene on the roof) was a deep scene. I can't say that I remember the dialogue too well, but I remember the emotion. I also remember my respect for Yuuichi increasing when I watched that scene.

I definitely remember the scene in Midori's hospital room. That was definitely proof that Mai is indeed "Yuuichi's girl." X3 Throughout the entire series too, Mai is definitely into Yuuichi and not Reito. At least from how I see it, Mai and Reito had no chemistry, while Mai and Yuuichi clicked from the beginning, and their feelings and chemistry just increased as the story went on (without them even realizing it). If that's not love/being meant to be together, then I don't know what love is.

That sounds so sweet! I would have loved to have seen that too (Yuuichi proposing or Yuuichi and Mai getting married). =] Don't worry, I've become a huge fan of them too. They're definitely my second favorite My-Hime couple. Thinking about it, it's amazing: I went from being a Maikoto fan to realizing "Although I love Mikoto, it is undeniable that Maiichi can not and should not be messed with. It is as sacred as Shiznat." This was all because I allowed myself to see (what I had really known all along) how great a guy and important a character Yuuichi is. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:46 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Yeah the person who said that said a few other things to me that still haunt me to this day. Worst part is she flat out denied ever saying it to me when I called her on it. Still I'm glad to see you have no issues with what types of women I like.

I'm sorry that girl's such a jerk. =/ It's much easier to tell somebody to not care about what others say, than it is to actually do it, nonetheless, don't worry about jerks like that in life. What matters is the opinions you form about yourself.

I loved that moment (with the hot coffee the next day) too! Adorable scenes like these are the ones that really show Yuuichi and Mai's chemistry. If those people were to pay attention to that scene and others like it, they wouldn't be able to miss the chemistry. =]

That (scene on the roof) was a deep scene. I can't say that I remember the dialogue too well, but I remember the emotion. I also remember my respect for Yuuichi increasing when I watched that scene.

I definitely remember the scene in Midori's hospital room. That was definitely proof that Mai is indeed "Yuuichi's girl." X3 Throughout the entire series too, Mai is definitely into Yuuichi and not Reito. At least from how I see it, Mai and Reito had no chemistry, while Mai and Yuuichi clicked from the beginning, and their feelings and chemistry just increased as the story went on (without them even realizing it). If that's not love/being meant to be together, then I don't know what love is.

That sounds so sweet! I would have loved to have seen that too (Yuuichi proposing or Yuuichi and Mai getting married). =] Don't worry, I've become a huge fan of them too. They're definitely my second favorite My-Hime couple. Thinking about it, it's amazing: I went from being a Maikoto fan to realizing "Although I love Mikoto, it is undeniable that Maiichi can not and should not be messed with. It is as sacred as Shiznat." This was all because I allowed myself to see (what I had really known all along) how great a guy and important a character Yuuichi is. =]

Yeah that girl was quite the piece of work, she's not on anymore so I don't talk to her anymore and I'm probably alot better off without her. Thanks again for the good advice and I will be sure to take it to heart.

The scenes with Mai and Yuuichi are indeed very fun to watch, even the semi negative ones put a smile on my face, such as her teasing him and him getting frustrated back on the Ferry in the first episode. To Yuuichi appearing in the diner and the two of them smart mouthing to one another, I never get tired of hearing Yuuichi mutter "How about one of your smiles?" She responds with "I'm afraid thats not on the menu" Truly golden with those two.

Next couple eps we see the two of them mature with Yuuichi chasing after her in the rain and being nice to her. Though Yuuichi can't help being himself when he says there's a big spider on her back, leading to a scene where Mai runs and throws her arms around Yuuichi's neck. Even if it was spoiled with her throttling him and throwing books at him it was a sweet moment while it lasted.

While I was thinking of these moments, I found myself thinking of some lyrics from a song I heard this past summer from Zoey Deschanel called So Long:

It's not complicated
Or very hard to grasp
But every time I see you I laugh
I won't get to sappy
I had no epiphany
I just enjoy your company
You test my nerves it gets me stronger
So can you bother me a little bit longer?

It shows that the two of them lighten up and even relax a bit around one another and despite all the trouble they've both gone through both of them are better people for being around one another and interacting with one another, Mai especially.

At times I wonder what would have happened in the series had Yuuichi not said anything and Reito had actually kissed Mai. My good friend said that it was a real Gut Punch of a scene and I agree but its just for curiousity's sake or for a story plot like a What If, but either way I'm glad to see how it all turned out and Yuuichi got his girl in the end.

I gotta say MSN, talking to you on this forum and in this topic is truly becoming a real joy and you alone are making me think a little bit better of this fandom, especially with that reply about how the two of them aren't to be messed with and that the pairing is as sacred as Shiznat is. Its truly become my reason to love the series is seeing Mai and Yuuichi interacting with one another. I also pray that someday everyone will see it as you do. Thank You
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:03 am

hildebrant wrote:Yeah that girl was quite the piece of work, she's not on anymore so I don't talk to her anymore and I'm probably alot better off without her. Thanks again for the good advice and I will be sure to take it to heart.

The scenes with Mai and Yuuichi are indeed very fun to watch, even the semi negative ones put a smile on my face, such as her teasing him and him getting frustrated back on the Ferry in the first episode. To Yuuichi appearing in the diner and the two of them smart mouthing to one another, I never get tired of hearing Yuuichi mutter "How about one of your smiles?" She responds with "I'm afraid thats not on the menu" Truly golden with those two.

Next couple eps we see the two of them mature with Yuuichi chasing after her in the rain and being nice to her. Though Yuuichi can't help being himself when he says there's a big spider on her back, leading to a scene where Mai runs and throws her arms around Yuuichi's neck. Even if it was spoiled with her throttling him and throwing books at him it was a sweet moment while it lasted.

While I was thinking of these moments, I found myself thinking of some lyrics from a song I heard this past summer from Zoey Deschanel called So Long:

It's not complicated
Or very hard to grasp
I won't get to sappy
I had no epiphany

It shows that the two of them lighten up and even relax a bit around one another and despite all the trouble they've both gone through both of them are better people for being around one another and interacting with one another, Mai especially.

At times I wonder what would have happened in the series had Yuuichi not said anything and Reito had actually kissed Mai. My good friend said that it was a real Gut Punch of a scene and I agree but its just for curiousity's sake or for a story plot like a What If, but either way I'm glad to see how it all turned out and Yuuichi got his girl in the end.

I gotta say MSN, talking to you on this forum and in this topic is truly becoming a real joy and you alone are making me think a little bit better of this fandom, especially with that reply about how the two of them aren't to be messed with and that the pairing is as sacred as Shiznat is. Its truly become my reason to love the series is seeing Mai and Yuuichi interacting with one another. I also pray that someday everyone will see it as you do. Thank You

Anytime. =]

Yes! Those two have the cutest moments. =] Agreed, those lines were definitely golden. X3 The cuteness factor is definitely high for Maiichi, because the audience realizes that they have undeniable chemistry long before the two of them realize it. =]

It was definitely sweet! Mai may act all tough and say that she doesn't like Yuuichi, but as we saw when she ran to him when she was scared (of the (idea of the) spider), but she really does love and need him. =] This is also seen earlier in the show, when Mai stared at Yuuichi after he pulled her up from the garage, into the hallway, on the boat (after which she promptly began beating him). I think (especially in the scene where she runs to him and wraps her arms around him) Mai's compensating for her (frightening to her) emotions of love bubbling up when she's around Yuuichi, by being unnecessarily violent to him. =P

Those are beautiful and perfect lyrics! Definitely sweet. =]

A couple lines from a song on the radio that's been reminding me of Maiichi recently (it's loosely applicable to all the Hime and their loved ones, but very strongly relevant for Mai and Yuuichi) are: "We found love in a hopeless place" and "(I) Turn away 'cause I need you more..." It's cool to think about how Mai and Yuuichi's love overpowers even fate. =]

This may be the Maiichi fan in me, but, based on the lack of chemistry between Reito and Mai, and the definite, strong feelings Mai has for Yuuichi, I think that even if Mai had kissed Reito, she'd just be dissapointed and confused; probably feel like something was missing (like, the fact that the man she just kissed was not Yuuichi). I don't think a kiss with Reito would have made any difference- Mai was "Yuuichi's girl" way before then. She and Yuuichi just hadn't realized it yet. =] I do like the fact that Yuuichi called out to Mai, though. I was cheering for him during that moment: *fist pump* "Yeah! You go, man! You're getting there. Don't worry, she'll come around. You both will. It's gonna happen." =]

No problem at all. I really enjoy our conversations too! =] Mai and Yuuichi interacting with each other has definitely become one of my favorite parts about the show too. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Yeah that girl was quite the piece of work, she's not on anymore so I don't talk to her anymore and I'm probably alot better off without her. Thanks again for the good advice and I will be sure to take it to heart.

It's not complicated
Or very hard to grasp
I won't get to sappy
I had no epiphany

Anytime. =]

Yes! Those two have the cutest moments. =] Agreed, those lines were definitely golden. X3 The cuteness factor is definitely high for Maiichi, because the audience realizes that they have undeniable chemistry long before the two of them realize it. =]

It was definitely sweet! Mai may act all tough and say that she doesn't like Yuuichi, but as we saw when she ran to him when she was scared (of the (idea of the) spider), but she really does love and need him. =] This is also seen earlier in the show, when Mai stared at Yuuichi after he pulled her up from the garage, into the hallway, on the boat (after which she promptly began beating him). I think (especially in the scene where she runs to him and wraps her arms around him) Mai's compensating for her (frightening to her) emotions of love bubbling up when she's around Yuuichi, by being unnecessarily violent to him. =P

Those are beautiful and perfect lyrics! Definitely sweet. =]

A couple lines from a song on the radio that's been reminding me of Maiichi recently (it's loosely applicable to all the Hime and their loved ones, but very strongly relevant for Mai and Yuuichi) are: "We found love in a hopeless place" and "(I) Turn away 'cause I need you more..." It's cool to think about how Mai and Yuuichi's love overpowers even fate. =]

This may be the Maiichi fan in me, but, based on the lack of chemistry between Reito and Mai, and the definite, strong feelings Mai has for Yuuichi, I think that even if Mai had kissed Reito, she'd just be dissapointed and confused; probably feel like something was missing (like, the fact that the man she just kissed was not Yuuichi). I don't think a kiss with Reito would have made any difference- Mai was "Yuuichi's girl" way before then. She and Yuuichi just hadn't realized it yet. =] I do like the fact that Yuuichi called out to Mai, though. I was cheering for him during that moment: *fist pump* "Yeah! You go, man! You're getting there. Don't worry, she'll come around. You both will. It's gonna happen." =]

No problem at all. I really enjoy our conversations too! =] Mai and Yuuichi interacting with each other has definitely become one of my favorite parts about the show too. =]

Yeah a very cute pair indeed. Sometimes I wish they had mentioned more about Yuuichi's past. Such as does he have any real siblings or are his folks rich or working class or if they live in an apartment or an actual house? A bunch of questions that never really got answered, thankfully there's fanfiction whenever people choose to write about Yuuichi.

I like those song lyrics, Rihanna's a good choice and I've had a fondness for Calvin Harris ever since I heard his song "Colours" used in a commercial for De Blob 2 Another song by Rihanna that would fit them is Umbrella. this is something I'm doing exclusively for you MSN, go and look up a song called "Spin" by "Revis" and you'll see how the song can very aptly fit for Natsuki and Shizuru around the time when the Carnival was going on, you'll be happy you did.

Yeah the lack of chemistry was touched upon, I'm sure Mai won't be in any hurry to be going out with Reito when she remembers how he jumped down at her with a sword and ready to kill her. Oh sure he'd tell her that he was being possessed but I think Mai will be a little bit more smarter than that and remember the man who defended her from that sword, and found himself a nice little place in Mai's heart.

Once again, glad to hear from you and hope to hear from you again very soon

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Yeah a very cute pair indeed. Sometimes I wish they had mentioned more about Yuuichi's past. Such as does he have any real siblings or are his folks rich or working class or if they live in an apartment or an actual house? A bunch of questions that never really got answered, thankfully there's fanfiction whenever people choose to write about Yuuichi.

I like those song lyrics, Rihanna's a good choice and I've had a fondness for Calvin Harris ever since I heard his song "Colours" used in a commercial for De Blob 2 Another song by Rihanna that would fit them is Umbrella. this is something I'm doing exclusively for you MSN, go and look up a song called "Spin" by "Revis" and you'll see how the song can very aptly fit for Natsuki and Shizuru around the time when the Carnival was going on, you'll be happy you did.

Yeah the lack of chemistry was touched upon, I'm sure Mai won't be in any hurry to be going out with Reito when she remembers how he jumped down at her with a sword and ready to kill her. Oh sure he'd tell her that he was being possessed but I think Mai will be a little bit more smarter than that and remember the man who defended her from that sword, and found himself a nice little place in Mai's heart.

I'd like to know these things about Yuuichi too. Yeah, fanfiction is pretty awesome. =] I also wonder about what else he likes to do in addition to kendo. I liked your fanfic where he has a horror movie marathon. That is awesome. =]

Cool! Yeah, I also think that Rihanna's a good fit. =]
Thank you so much for showing me that song! :D I love it! And I now have an idea for a very awesome (I will really enjoy writing it!) fanfic!

Agreed. Mai is a smart girl. =] I love the last part of your paragraph's ending sentence ("and found himself a nice little place in Mai's heart"), very well-said. =]

It's always great to hear from you too! =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

I'd like to know these things about Yuuichi too. Yeah, fanfiction is pretty awesome. =] I also wonder about what else he likes to do in addition to kendo. I liked your fanfic where he has a horror movie marathon. That is awesome. =]

Thank you so much for showing me that song! :D I love it! And I now have an idea for a very awesome (I will really enjoy writing it!) fanfic!

Agreed. Mai is a smart girl. =] I love the last part of your paragraph's ending sentence ("and found himself a nice little place in Mai's heart"), very well-said. =]

I hadn't written any fanfiction at all as of late but after awhile, I pretty much lost all motivation to do so. Mai x Yuuichi does make sense and it may be a little cliche but it is done in a great way although some fans wanted Reito to "save" Mai from Yuuichi. Pairings will be pairings. 👅

You know I wonder what will happen to Shiho now that Mai and Yuuichi hooked up, I guess she will move on and focus on school and be a miko.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:32 pm

GAP wrote:You know I wonder what will happen to Shiho now that Mai and Yuuichi hooked up, I guess she will move on and focus on school and be a miko.

And fall in love with someone who is just as, if not more worthy of her affections than Tate. I say this, because everyone deserves/finds love when they're good people. Shiho is a good person, save all her flaws of being insecure and clingy.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm

GAP wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

I hadn't written any fanfiction at all as of late but after awhile, I pretty much lost all motivation to do so. Mai x Yuuichi does make sense and it may be a little cliche but it is done in a great way although some fans wanted Reito to "save" Mai from Yuuichi. Pairings will be pairings. 👅

You know I wonder what will happen to Shiho now that Mai and Yuuichi hooked up, I guess she will move on and focus on school and be a miko.

Yeah I haven't written much in the way of fanfiction after awhile due in part to the lack of interest in Mai/Yuuichi and mainly due to the fact that I am trying to get some artwork done more than anything. Maybe when I have a portfolio worth showing off at a convention I'll go back and try writing some more. Yeah some fans wanted Reito to save Mai from Yuuichi but I'm not a fan of that idea or of them. Mai and Yuuichi all the way.

Yeah here's hoping that Shiho does find someone who does indeed love her. She was a good kid deep down inside, Nagi and her own jealousy took all of that and twisted it into something horrible, now that he's gone she can focus on finding someone to make her forget that and show her the love she's earned. Yuuichi earned Mai's love after coming to terms with his own problems and confronting them maybe its time Shiho did as well
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm

hildebrant wrote:Yeah I haven't written much in the way of fanfiction after awhile due in part to the lack of interest in Mai/Yuuichi and mainly due to the fact that I am trying to get some artwork done more than anything.

Off-topic for a second, but how is your artwork coming along? The last WIPs you've shown me were drool worthy. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Yeah I haven't written much in the way of fanfiction after awhile due in part to the lack of interest in Mai/Yuuichi and mainly due to the fact that I am trying to get some artwork done more than anything.

Off-topic for a second, but how is your artwork coming along? The last WIPs you've shown me were drool worthy. :)

Just got my final Mai pic done and its the last time I'll be drawing her. Next up is Natsuki, then Midori and then Yuuichi. Since you and I are tight I'll send you the Mai pic shortly

I'll try to get them colored asap but I've got other works that I need to have done by March when the next big anime con rolls around
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:47 pm

hildebrant wrote:Just got my final Mai pic done and its the last time I'll be drawing her. Next up is Natsuki, then Midori and then Yuuichi. Since you and I are tight I'll send you the Mai pic shortly

I'll try to get them colored asap but I've got other works that I need to have done by March when the next big anime con rolls around

Sounds like a plan, dude. You know I can't resist Natsuki Kuga~ Looking forward to seeing the rest. :)With your style of art, I would invest in doing a nude lineup for the ladies of the Mai-Series. Just food for thought.

Haha, sadly I have no cons planned for the early part of 2012. Try to catch me, my girlfriend and the rest our motley crew at Otakon next year. ^_~ Make up for our messy timing months ago.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Just got my final Mai pic done and its the last time I'll be drawing her. Next up is Natsuki, then Midori and then Yuuichi. Since you and I are tight I'll send you the Mai pic shortly

Sounds like a plan, dude. You know I can't resist Natsuki Kuga~ Looking forward to seeing the rest. :)With your style of art, I would invest in doing a nude lineup for the ladies of the Mai-Series. Just food for thought.

Haha, sadly I have no cons planned for the early part of 2012. Try to catch me, my girlfriend and the rest our motley crew at Otakon next year. ^_~ Make up for our messy timing months ago.

Yeah I'm well aware of your love for Natsuki, so I'll be sure to make her look as good as possible, ironic that you mentioned a nude lineup as I had originally intended to do one of those at some point for the HiME girls, but I've had problems with certain characters and groupshots for awhile.
I originally intended to stop with Yuuichi once he's done but, we'll see how I feel once he's done.

Yeah my early con plans are to show off some art, make some money, and mingle with friends and yes I am interested in hanging with you guys at Otakon this year and I'll have the time to do so, I'll just be sure to be at the meeting place at the right time as well

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 am

also sorry to get so off topic with these past few messages
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 am

hildebrant wrote:Yeah I'm well aware of your love for Natsuki, so I'll be sure to make her look as good as possible, ironic that you mentioned a nude lineup as I had originally intended to do one of those at some point for the HiME girls, but I've had problems with certain characters and groupshots for awhile. I originally intended to stop with Yuuichi once he's done but, we'll see how I feel once he's done.

Yeah my early con plans are to show off some art, make some money, and mingle with friends and yes I am interested in hanging with you guys at Otakon this year and I'll have the time to do so, I'll just be sure to be at the meeting place at the right time as well

XD I can certainly understand having problems with certain characters. Group shots are a bitch to draw for artists, so no problems there. I'll be checking my email in the morning. :)

Haha, I think it'll be wiser for ME to set up the meeting time for next year. Rather than leave it in the hands of others. :3

hildebrant wrote:also sorry to get so off topic with these past few messages

No problem! I'm the one who started the off-topicness. :) You may all now continue Tate discussion~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 pm

GAP wrote:I hadn't written any fanfiction at all as of late but after awhile, I pretty much lost all motivation to do so. Mai x Yuuichi does make sense and it may be a little cliche but it is done in a great way although some fans wanted Reito to "save" Mai from Yuuichi. Pairings will be pairings. 👅

Interesting concept! I think of it as the opposite: Yuuichi "saving" Mai from Reito. What is the reasoning of the fans who see it as Reito needing to "save" Mai from Yuuichi?

GAP wrote:You know I wonder what will happen to Shiho now that Mai and Yuuichi hooked up, I guess she will move on and focus on school and be a miko.

I agree with you guys, I also want Shiho to find happiness. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next